• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Wii, 3DS, & Wii U download codes of any kind are not tied to any specific console or Nintendo Network ID's.
Excellent. Thanks. :D

Already sent an email to Nintendo support before I saw a response, Ah well.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just found this marvelous LoZ Wii U painting.

This is now my new favorite Zelda art style. :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Each character reveal, especially Greninja and Palutena had me very hyped, but Robin is the first character I wanted to see in the game. A wish coming true always tops any hype I previously had.

Just found this marvelous LoZ Wii U painting.

This is now my new favorite Zelda art style. :laugh:

It's more anime styled than previous Zelda art styles. Not that it's a bad thing, but like everything, there will always be people ******** about it.

Did anyone else see Jason Mraz live at Rockerfeller Plaza earlier? His new song just brought joy tears to my eyes.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith - Of course. There has to be an anti-thesis to everything.
I personally think the mixture of cartoon and realistic styles is genius.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Shame it lacks female Villager and female Mii.

We really got a lot of new female characters. What's more is that we have more variety in said females.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Shame it lacks female Villager and female Mii.

We really got a lot of new female characters. What's more is that we have more variety in said females.

That said, I'm really happy with us having lots more female characters this time around. <3

DIVERSITYYYY~! D<

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Expecting 50/50 equal sex diversity in a fighting game is like wanting fanservice in a Mario game. Just sayin'.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
On the other side of things, fighting games with 100% female characters are likely significantly overshadowing ones with 100% male casts.
Skullgirls has 91%, soon to be 85% with THE HURTING (Beowulf) and Beep Boop Meow (Robo-Fortune).
Close enough? :laugh:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
On the other side of things, fighting games with 100% female characters are likely significantly overshadowing ones with 100% male casts.
That avatar of yours just gave me a smile to my face. It's just freaking adorable and hilarious at the same time. :laugh:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Who? Never heard of him.

And I get bonus points as I'm not even in the United States. :shades:
I know a lot of people here aren't from the United States, but still, Jason Mraz has been pretty big shot throughout his career. Not really as much big shot as Evanescence, *NSYNC, Nickelback, or Owl City, but he's getting there.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Or you could always have fighting games with exactly two, count em, TWO, playable male characters.
Fist.jpg

That's right... I'm looking at you, FIST.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know a lot of people here aren't from the United States, but still, Jason Mraz has been pretty big shot throughout his career. Not really as much big shot as Evanescence, *NSYNC, Nickelback, or Owl City, but he's getting there.
Is Jason Mraz the white guy that tries to hard to be reggae?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Next character reveal is in August. That is very likely to happen. We'll probably get more than one character too, given how Monday's video had 3 character revealed.

Well, you should know the United States aren't the center of the world.

Tokyo is. :troll:

Anyway, I'm not really into mainstream music. I don't really care that much on who does the music as long as it sounds good. But I'm not entirely ignorant on that regard either.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Next character reveal is in August. That is very likely to happen. We'll probably get more than one character too, given how Monday's video had 3 character revealed.
I really don't want to hype myself without reason but...

Metroid anniversary in August...

Pyrosphere still tightly under wraps...

I want to believe

D

Deleted member

I really don't want to be disappointed when this doesn't happen, but...

No EarthBound characters revealed yet

Shulk very likely to be playable

Lucina shows that there is no reason to cut characters because they are clones

Shulk trailer that also reveals Lucas when

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have zero idea what the topic is, lol.

Well, I did get Skullgirls. I'm learning it... slowly. First time I'm playing a traditional fighter.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hit up the tutorial mode, Fal. Skullgirls has probably one of the most in-depth and robust ones out there. It'll really help you with the fundamentals of more traditional fighters.

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

I have zero idea what the topic is, lol.

Well, I did get Skullgirls. I'm learning it... slowly. First time I'm playing a traditional fighter.
Best way to learn a fighter

Spend about an hour in training learning a combo

Play a real match, panic, and forget said combo, so you just resort to spamming garBAGE DAY special moves

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Hit up the tutorial mode, Fal. Skullgirls has probably one of the most in-depth and robust ones out there. It'll really help you with the fundamentals of more traditional fighters.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, agreeing on this one infinitely. It helps you learn some more complex strategies and the workings of certain mechanics in the game.

BTW, I play Parasoul/Fukua/Big Band. What do you guys use as your team?

Skullgirls interests me, but I look at it and wish that it had like 20 more playable characters lol
It was originally supposed to have 36.

They're now trying to make more characters (currently on the fourth one, Eliza) and still struggle thanks to literal Development Hell.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I noticed so far that all character trailers have been mostly themed around a certain franchise. Notably Palutena's and Robin's which had a different animation style, taken from their respective series.

Speaking of traditional fighters, I never could get into them. Not my cup of tea.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god I got some junk mail from the bank! I feel so adult right now!

Skullgirls interests me, but I look at it and wish that it had like 20 more playable characters lol
So long as there is one character who says garBAGE DAY I can enjoy using, I'll be fine.

I heard it takes a ridiculous amount of money to make a character for Skullgirls though

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Smooth Criminal
That's what I'm doing, yeah. Playing on a keyboard is hard though. I just can't do the special attacks that way.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Cerebella on point with Peacock and Filia on Assists.

Then of course switch as necessary.

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa : Get any kind of controller. Trust me, it works WONDERS. I shifted to an Xbox 360 controller, and I can do a lot more than I can on keyboard.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
That's what I'm doing, yeah. Playing on a keyboard is hard though. I just can't do the special attacks that way.
If it's possible, I recommend using a controller or fightstick, wired or anything. It makes the game so much easier to play.

Cerebella on point with Peacock and Filia on Assists.
Then of course switch as necessary.
I tried to get into using Cerebella, but I just struggle with using her effectively. I've never been great with grappler characters.

D

Deleted member

Peacock and Squigly. I just wish Squigly had a better green color to go with the Lucky Charms Peacock.

If it's possible, I recommend using a controller or fightstick, wired or anything. It makes the game so much easier to play.
I've actually been thinking about getting a fightstick, because I don't know of any controller that has 6 buttons. They're kind of expensive though...

Really? I found it easier. I've never been able to pull of a Hadouken, and Squigly's tutorial finally told me what the Shoruyken motion is supposed to look like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom