• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't really care about genre. As long as it sounds good, I like it. Of course, there are genres I tend to like more than others like rock and variations of. I'm also fond of orchestral music, jazz and techno. I'm kind of mixed on metal. Some of it is a bit too noisy for my tastes, but it really depends on the composition and arrangement.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I leave for a while, and well, lol.

I think it's good that I mostly listen only to VGM.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
"If Everyone Cared," "Gotta Be Somebody," and "How You Remind Me" say nope!
...You can't really distinguish them from any of their other songs because every song Nickleback makes sounds the same. The same basic chords and the same grovely I'm-trying-to-sound-like-Pearl-Jam-voice. You hear one song from them, you heard them all.

3 outta how many are good?
3 / 84
Which means roughly 3.57% of their discography is considered 'good'.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi

It's not really any different.

They both sold relatively well, but a majority of people dislike both.

They still have fans, but those people are generally determined to be of poor taste, with the fans (the minority in the situation) arguing about it to no avail.

How is it any different?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I leave for a while, and well, lol.

I think it's good that I mostly listen only to VGM.
I empathize with your mentality. I'll love Soundtrack music till the day that I die and it has brought me a lot of good times. Maybe my fondness for games/anime/movies goes hand-in-hand with it is probably why I'm more attached to it than my other expanded tastes. Hell, there's a lot of games with kickass music I would love to play. There's absolutely no problem with falling back on it.

I mean, it has saved me a lot of headaches contemplating and discussing music with people who are really into it.

D

Deleted member

They did it for the better of humanity. I believe we should follow in our fellow Canadian's footsteps and do the same.
Together, we can ban Nickleback from this planet.

As for music that I actually like, Madoka Soundtrack, VGM, some kinds of electronic (Hint: Not EDM), and some rock. I don't tend to pay attention to genres though. If I like it, it's probably on my iPod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
VGM and chiptunes are awesome. Pretty innovative stuff, especially taking apart consoles like old computers or Game Boys and pushing them to their limits to create amazing music. 8-bit's the way!~ Synth is cool too.

And all the radio stations that I have are like mostly English, French, and like a couple Asian ones. Indian pop Bollywood music GO!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh. There's some artists who aren't that half-bad.
Well, I'm not into band music, honestly. It's pretty uncommon here, and English is not my native language anyway.

I empathize with your mentality. I'll love Soundtrack music till the day that I die and it has brought me a lot of good times. Maybe my fondness for games/anime/movies goes hand-in-hand with it is probably why I'm more attached to it than my other expanded tastes. Hell, there's a lot of games with kickass music I would love to play. There's absolutely no problem with falling back on it.

I mean, it has saved me a lot of headaches contemplating and discussing music with people who are really into it.
That is pretty much my reason too, actually.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi

It's not really any different.

They both sold relatively well, but a majority of people dislike both.

They still have fans, but those people are generally determined to be of poor taste, with the fans (the minority in the situation) arguing about it to no avail.

How is it any different?
The difference between Sonic 06 and Nickelback is that Sonic 06 was RUSHED, therefore it had a ton of bugs in it. Likewise SEGA will probably never rush a Sonic game ever again.

D

Deleted member

The difference between Sonic 06 and Nickelback is that Sonic 06 was RUSHED, therefore it had a ton of bugs in it. Likewise SEGA will probably never rush a Sonic game ever again.
Implying Nickleback takes time to make their music

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm okay on Nickelback (though I absolutely LOVE the Santana song "Dance into the Night" feat. Chad Kroeger) but my friends like to joke that "One Christmas Santa ran out of coal for bad children so he gave them Nickelback CD's instead".

D

Deleted member

YES.

I know we're done talking about this, but I call it "Skullgirls Controller"

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

My X-Ray Glasses can see through your derailment attempt.

The difference is that Sonic '06 sold well and got an Xbox 360 Platnium release despite being regarded as one of the ****tiest games of all time. It's similar to Nickelback as they sold well and were marketing to their audience correctly, but overall is panned on for their musicality.

Quantity ≠ Quality

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Radio stations here usually mix worldwide successes (so, lots of American stuff) with Portuguese, Brazilian and, sometimes, Spanish music.

And we can all agree that sales =/= quality. There's a good chunk of people who like mediocrity, after all.

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
Long time viewer first time poster!

Now finding myself just moved away from all my smash friends on the east coast and now live on the West coast. Were can a smasher get in touch with the bustling LA Smash scene? I'll be trippin down to Comic Con working some panels for work and now Smash will be all over. I played a good amount at the LA demo (befriened the rep who let me slip in a few extra games) and couldn;t be more hyped for the dominance that is Rosaluma.

And my girlfriend as well told me I was addicted to smashboards but more in the stalker sense so I decided to get in on the fun officially!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You have a girlfriend? That's more than I can say
Haha, I love her quite a lot.
I'm going to buy an extra 3DS copy of the game to give her so I can kick her ass on a daily basis.

Now finding myself just moved away from all my smash friends on the east coast and now live on the West coast. Were can a smasher get in touch with the bustling LA Smash scene? I'll be trippin down to Comic Con working some panels for work and now Smash will be all over. I played a good amount at the LA demo (befriened the rep who let me slip in a few extra games) and couldn;t be more hyped for the dominance that is Rosaluma.

And my girlfriend as well told me I was addicted to smashboards but more in the stalker sense so I decided to get in on the fun officially!
Wish I could help you out with your question; but welcome to the poster side of Smashboards!

Last edited:

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
Haha, I love her quite a lot.
I'm going to buy an extra 3DS copy of the game to give her so I can kick her *** on a daily basis.

Wish I could help you out with your question; but welcome to the poster side of Smashboards!

Thanks hombre, still figuring out all the mech os making all these fancy page things but I've literally been following this stuff for 7 years since I decided to get semi competitive with the Ice Climbers. Y'all have made me the smasher i am today.

D

Deleted member

That's actual pretty good. Might as well pay it forward as far as songs echoing about my cranium.

Angel Vivaldi's first album has some godly guitar! His new one, Away With Words, doesn't slouch from this one either.

And if this is not your thing, we cool. \m/
That's some really good stuff.

The style reminded me a lot of AAL, another great instrumental metal band:
This is a track off of their first album (self titled) as well.

Tosin Abasi (their guitarist) is an absolute machine.

Some of my favorites of their newest album:

Although I think everything off of Joy of Motion (their newest album) is stellar.

Another band which that track reminded me of, Pomegranate Tiger:

They're quite technical like AAL, but their stuff tends to be more "mosh-friendly" at times, Sign of Ruin ^ being the best example of that feel.

Intervals is another great progressive metal band, imo, although they're not instrumental anymore:
The "chorus" (I guess it would be) solo here ^ is really good, imo, especially the extended part of it at the end of the song.

If we're talking a specific guitar solo that I think is GODLIKE, then there's this:
Obscura is another tech death favorite of mine, although not as chaotic as Archspire and taking more elements from Progressive Metal/Jass Fusion kind of stuff.
The solo is done by a guest, Morean from Dark Fortress, but it's insane, imo.

However Christian Muenzer (one of Obscura's regular guitarists) is also godlike on the guitar:
He has a solo in this song ^ at around the three minute mark (2:55 to be exact), but I suggest listening to the entire track (Christian is the guitarist not doing vocals, on the right).

Christian Muenzer (One of Obscura's regular guitarists) and Tosin Abasi (AAL; T.R.A.M) happen to be two of the most talented guitarists I've ever heard.

Also everyone else, feel free to listen to any of this if you'd like ^ (although I wouldn't have restricted anyone from listening to it anyways).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

A post like that's something I'd expect from the greetings board. Look at how social you are! Hope you enjoy it here. ;)

Also, have room for an extra passenger?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They're venomous, you know.

(and I'm not kidding. They have a secret prick on the back of their feet that stings.)
Only the males

I don't get male animals anyway

Males pee on stuff

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thanks hombre, still figuring out all the mech os making all these fancy page things but I've literally been following this stuff for 7 years since I decided to get semi competitive with the Ice Climbers. Y'all have made me the smasher i am today.
Haha. I have another account made in 2007 that is lost in the sands of time (I made it in the summer between 6th and 7th grades...). So you could say these guys have made me desire to be a bit more competitive since then.

I plan on finally trying to enter the scene with Smash 4, depending on how good the scene is.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Well, welcome to the Smashing of Boards! Hope to continue to see you around. You'll get to know me as the crazy Vaati guy soon enough. :grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom