• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That's some really good stuff.

The style reminded me a lot of AAL, another great instrumental metal band:
This is a track off of their first album (self titled) as well.

Tosin Abasi (their guitarist) is an absolute machine.

Some of my favorites of their newest album:

Although I think everything off of Joy of Motion (their newest album) is stellar.

Another band which that track reminded me of, Pomegranate Tiger:

They're quite technical like AAL, but their stuff tends to be more "mosh-friendly" at times, Sign of Ruin ^ being the best example of that feel.

Intervals is another great progressive metal band, imo, although they're not instrumental anymore:
The "chorus" (I guess it would be) solo here ^ is really good, imo, especially the extended part of it at the end of the song.

If we're talking a specific guitar solo that I think is GODLIKE, then there's this:
Obscura is another tech death favorite of mine, although not as chaotic as Archspire and taking more elements from Progressive Metal/Jass Fusion kind of stuff.
The solo is done by a guest, Morean from Dark Fortress, but it's insane, imo.

However Christian Muenzer (one of Obscura's regular guitarists) is also godlike on the guitar:
He has a solo in this song ^ at around the three minute mark (2:55 to be exact), but I suggest listening to the entire track (Christian is the guitarist not doing vocals, on the right).

Christian Muenzer (One of Obscura's regular guitarists) and Tosin Abasi (AAL; T.R.A.M) happen to be two of the most talented guitarists I've ever heard.
I am familiar with Animals As Leaders (Tempting Time is on my phone along with CAFO). Yeah, same subgenre to Vivaldi there. There stuff seems pretty technical. Appearantly some jazz fusion within their discography?

I'll be sure to listen to every one of those today.

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
Well, welcome to the Smashing of Boards! Hope to continue to see you around. You'll get to know me as the crazy Vaati guy soon enough. :grin:
Vaati is thrill, sorry he is unlikely to be added....... KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Long time viewer first time poster!

Now finding myself just moved away from all my smash friends on the east coast and now live on the West coast. Were can a smasher get in touch with the bustling LA Smash scene? I'll be trippin down to Comic Con working some panels for work and now Smash will be all over. I played a good amount at the LA demo (befriened the rep who let me slip in a few extra games) and couldn;t be more hyped for the dominance that is Rosaluma.

And my girlfriend as well told me I was addicted to smashboards but more in the stalker sense so I decided to get in on the fun officially!
Welcome to the jungle! We've got fun 'n' games!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Long time viewer first time poster!

Now finding myself just moved away from all my smash friends on the east coast and now live on the West coast. Were can a smasher get in touch with the bustling LA Smash scene? I'll be trippin down to Comic Con working some panels for work and now Smash will be all over. I played a good amount at the LA demo (befriened the rep who let me slip in a few extra games) and couldn;t be more hyped for the dominance that is Rosaluma.

And my girlfriend as well told me I was addicted to smashboards but more in the stalker sense so I decided to get in on the fun officially!
Glad to have you aboard, dude.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else find it gross dealing with people that not only have dirty hands but BLOODY and dirty hands?

I realize your job might involve you using your hands and can get dirt on it

But there is this thing called a sink you can use to get that off

Especially blood.

When I have a customer that hands me something when they have an open cut and blood on their hand I don't hide my disgust very well

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Anyone else find it gross dealing with people that not only have dirty hands but BLOODY and dirty hands?

Especially blood.

When I have a customer that hands me something when they have an open cut and blood on their hand I don't hide my disgust very well
I splashed my hands around in chicken blood for the past 5 hours and I didn't even not wash them afterwards.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Especially blood.

What do you work as?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Especially blood.

Or when it's obvious that someone hasn't bathed. One of my jobs is working at a cafeteria at a University and Sunday morning is the worst for this. On Sundays we do a brunch buffet so it attracts a ton of business and almost everyone who comes are students who live on campus. A good number of them don't wash first or brush their teeth and it's painfully apparent. Some people will come in their pajamas after hopping out of bed and we almost always have at least one person who we'll send away because they'll try coming in without any shoes on. The worst kind of people are those who either "wake n' bake" or come in grossly hungover (or still drunk) from Saturday night. These people rarely come in clean and they absolutely reek. We have several stations where you can order something and the stoners will take forever to order. A good number of them will simply forget they ordered something, forcing us to throw their food away when they don't come back for it. Drunk people just suck to deal with and hungover people will snap at the tiniest mistake. They tend to be just as forgetful as the stoners too so it just gives more evidence to why they should have slept in or at least waited until they sobered up.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Especially blood.

Nope, when you work as an assistant in an art department, the only thing on my hands is PAINT! :troll:

D

Deleted member

Don't you just hate it when you get lousy creepypastas as suggested videos? Exactly what about my searches of music and completely random stuff indicate I want to watch crappypastas?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Double negatives dude.
please don't think I play in chicken blood and then lick it off my fingers or something.
And immediately that sentence made me think of a preschool teacher draining chicken blood into a box for preschool kids to play in. My brain disturbs me sometimes.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Aren't we all?
It's the anime of the Smash Bros Fanbase!

Don't you just hate it when you get lousy creepypastas as suggested videos? Exactly what about my searches of music and completely random stuff indicate I want to watch crappypastas?

I sometimes get video recommendations that are rants of said video I watched.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can't stand too much blood. :urg: And yet I've seen enough cases of butchers chopping off heads of poultry and strangling goats to death. It happens by the roadside.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because you haven't had your fair share of hyper-realistic blood yet.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind blood, but when you combine blood with the psychologically disturbing, or something I already found terrifying, well...

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Abandoned by Disney isn't that good.

I remember watching the old Slender Man vids on Marble Hornets, EverymanHYBRID, Tribe Twelve, and really being into it. Now it's just repetitive and boring to me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I, for the life of me, have no clue why people read creepypasta's and watch horror movies.
I watch horror movies to see how much it frightens me/falls flat.

By the way, I've read one Animal Crossing Creepypasta. The villager is the narrator though, unlike what you'd expect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me it depends of the creepypasta. I personally prefer the awful ones, as they give a good laugh.
“A FEW YEARS AGO A MAN WAS WALKING DOWN A ROAD BECAUSE HIS CAR BROKE DOWN AND HE SAW A CAR COMING UP BEHIND HIM SO HE STUCK OUT HIS THUMB TO HITCH HIKE AND THE CAR STOPPED AHEAD OF HIM. HE RAN UP TO THE PASSENGER SIDE AND OPENED THE DOOR. WHEN HE OPENED THE DOOR A SKELETON POPPED OUT”

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I don't get frightening by creepypasta or horror movies. I watch for the brooding sense of suspense you get imagining the scenarios.

My favorities being Squidward's Suicide, Room Zero, Abandoned by Disney, and Polybius are good and bad in their own respects.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My favorite one has to be "Recipe of Death". A Cooking Mama creepypasta.
And it's as awful as it sounds.

Morbi

Scavenger
I, for the life of me, have no clue why people read creepypasta's and watch horror movies.
I enjoy horror movies as an art form. As an enthusiast of the occult, it is a vastly intriguing experience to watch a movie and evaluate a director's ability to manipulate tension in the case of the more recent paranormal phenomenon. Overall, the ambiance is more important than the actually plot which is a welcome change as most movies are not "intelligently" written as is. The classical slasher franchises are great as well as most of them delve into the psychology of serial killers which is another subject I find utterly fascinating. It is an ethereal experience to advocate for the "murderer." It is obviously quite distasteful to do such outside of the horror genre, this diversifies it from traditional movies and actually satisfies the premise of viewing more accurately than most movies. Movies are entertainment, and horror movies are often the effigy of such. Whether it be enacted through repugnant slaughters of horribly written characters or gratuitous sex-scenes. The surrealism is welcome and appreciated, it is not confined to an arbitrary sense of realism to captivate the audience in an attempt to have them contemplate a "moral." I am not entirely sure why it confuses you in the first place, however. The notion is entirely subjective, surely you are aware of such, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom