• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I, for the life of me, have no clue why people read creepypasta's and watch horror movies.
I read bad/watch bad creepypastas/horror movies for laughs, like @ Substitution Substitution
I read good/watch good creepypastas/horror movies for thrills and suspenseful stories.

“A FEW YEARS AGO A MAN WAS WALKING DOWN A ROAD BECAUSE HIS CAR BROKE DOWN AND HE SAW A CAR COMING UP BEHIND HIM SO HE STUCK OUT HIS THUMB TO HITCH HIKE AND THE CAR STOPPED AHEAD OF HIM. HE RAN UP TO THE PASSENGER SIDE AND OPENED THE DOOR. WHEN HE OPENED THE DOOR A SKELETON POPPED OUT”

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Nothing wrong with Creepypastas really, they're just like a lot of other writing, you have to filtered through the crap to find the good ones.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic needs a snail or turtle character

after seeing this

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A snail character would actual be very interesting in the Sonicverse. Not as a cut & paste on an anthropomorphic mammalian body though.
They have a bee character that's basically a cut and paste of the anthropomorphic mammalian body

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say we name him after an instrument

Like Piccolo the Snail

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The most terrible Creepypastas are the '[insert name of cartoon]: Lost Episode' ones. They're always the same.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I, for the life of me, have no clue why people read creepypasta's and watch horror movies.
For creepypasta, it's primarily the story telling part of it. I think everybody has a BS story that they shared with their friends as a kid and this is just a form of it. They're usually short too so even people who aren't that confident in their writing abilities can try to take a stab (pun intended) at them too. Horror movies are pretty easy access too. A lot of notable actors, actresses, and directors got their start in horror because the expectations for it are the lowest. Most action and romance movies follow a specific formula while horror can be all over the place and produce such hilarious disasters as Snakes on a Plane and Sharknado. Horror has more potential for creativity than any other genre if you ask me and I think on a basic level it's easier to relate to. For romance, not everybody has experienced love and for action not everybody has experienced excitement (or at least high levels of it) but I feel everybody has experienced fear because it's a basic instinct. This then begs the question of what is causing the fear and then the possibilities endlessly branch out from there.

On this topic, I also highly recommend reading the essay by Stephen King called "Why We Crave Horror Movies" because I feel that he explains the universal appeal of horror far better than I could.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For creepypasta, it's primarily the story telling part of it. I think everybody has a BS story that they shared with their friends as a kid and this is just a form of it. They're usually short too so even people who aren't that confident in their writing abilities can try to take a stab (pun intended) at them too. Horror movies are pretty easy access too. A lot of notable actors, actresses, and directors got their start in horror because the expectations for it are the lowest. Most action and romance movies follow a specific formula while horror can be all over the place and produce such hilarious disasters as Snakes on a Plane and Sharknado. Horror has more potential for creativity than any other genre if you ask me and I think on a basic level it's easier to relate to. For romance, not everybody has experienced love and for action not everybody has experienced excitement (or at least high levels of it) but I feel everybody has experienced fear because it's a basic instinct. This then begs the question of what is causing the fear and then the possibilities endlessly branch out from there.

On this topic, I also highly recommend reading the essay by Stephen King called "Why We Crave Horror Movies" because I feel that he explains the universal appeal of horror far better than I could.
I'll admit, Sharknado has to be one of the best worst movies to ever exist.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Pokémon creepypastas besides "Lavender Town Syndrome" are usually crap from my experience. Sadly though, its the reason why video game creepypastas are banned on the wiki which sucks because I've got a few ideas brewing for some good Zelda CP's

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Pokémon creepypastas besides "Lavender Town Syndrome" are usually crap from my experience. Sadly though, its the reason why video game creepypastas are banned on the wiki which sucks because I've got a few ideas brewing for some good Zelda CP's
'Ash In A Coma' is pretty good.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The most terrible Creepypastas are the '[insert name of cartoon]: Lost Episode' ones. They're always the same.
Bonus points if said creepypasta mentions something about nostalgia, growing up, or catch-penny Satanic themes.

I feel Squidward's Suicide is a shining pinnacle of the lost episode storyline. The witness account and the setting make the dynamics of the subject of suspense more interesting and believable.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I well Squidward's Suicide is a shining pinnacle of the lost episode storyline. The witness account and the setting make the dynamics of the subject of suspense more interesting and believable.
...Until you realize it makes a reference to hyper-realistic blood.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But when it uses it, it isn't played for squick or uses it in excess. Its intended for climatic effect.

I feel like Mr. Creepypasta explains the dramatic device of blood much better in one of his videos.
I dunno. It could just be that I've seen too many creepypastas that use the term far too much.
But it needs to be an established rule that "hyper-realistic blood" should never be used ever.

pickle962

Smash Lord
So guys, I've got a legit question! Whatever happened to that so called "war" against the admins on Miiverse?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of godawful Sonic OCs, have I mentioned the Hedgehog game in here? Just google *your name* the hedgehog and post the worst offender (but only if it's SWF of course). Here's what I got:

This is what I got

There seems to be 2 different hedgehogs with the same name with multiple fan art by different people

Edit: The image is broken???

Last edited:

Soul.

Speaking of godawful Sonic OCs, have I mentioned the Hedgehog game in here? Just google *your name* the hedgehog and post the worst offender (but only if it's SWF of course). Here's what I got:

That character sure is original, right? Oh, wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom