• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hello, what do we have here? As we know, a Rayman trophy will be in Sm4sh. But the official Rayman Twitter account posted the trophy with a differently looking design than what Sakurai posted on the PotD.

The Twitter post also makes it sound like Rayman WON'T be playable at all.

I'm surprised that Ubisoft's contribution to Sm4sh is (so far) only a trophy. If I was a 3rd party company and had a chance to get involved in a Smash game, I'd say have one of my characters playable or no deal at all.
But DIDN'T YA KNOW?

The REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL reason Watch Dogs was delayed on Wii U is that superpowered smartphone Watch Dogs guy is gonna be playable and they wanna release the game around Smash for hype. Rayman is just a neat little cameo in trophy form.

..... OK no, not really. Still.... doesn't rule out the possibility of ANOTHER Ubisoft character, and Rayman trophy just happens to be a cameo.

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
Super Smash Bros Online Is A Smash Bros. Game I'm Making Concepts For, It Will Use The Dynasty Warriors Engine That Is Online And Has Aspects Of Dynasty Warriors, Wizard 101, Kingdom Hearts II, Sword Art Online, And Yu-Gi-Oh, This Is Its Roster

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Super Smash Bros Online Is A Smash Bros. Game I'm Making Concepts For, It Will Use The Dynasty Warriors Engine That Is Online And Has Aspects Of Dynasty Warriors, Wizard 101, Kingdom Hearts II, Sword Art Online, And Yu-Gi-Oh, This Is Its Roster
Well, lol. I appreciate your effort to make us laugh though. ;)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The more I think about it, the more I would appreciate a 3DSXL over my 3DS because my hands are big and they cramp up quickly on the smaller one.
Yeh, those hand cramps are irritating. I had to bully ask my little sister to swap her XL for mine, and convince her I have giant hands.

The only problem now is I don't have a blue 3DS anymore, but a red one. ;_; Also the XL is kind of heavy for long playing sessions.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeh, those hand cramps are irritating. I had to bully ask my little sister to swap her XL for mine, and convince her I have giant hands.

The only problem now is I don't have a blue 3DS anymore, but a red one. ;_; Also the XL is kind of heavy for long playing sessions.
Aha, I'm planning on buying one of these:

But then again, I should probably wait for a Smash bundle... if it happens...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Man, it's hard to get my friends hyped about the new reveals. I keep telling them things like, "Marth's grand-daughter is a playable character in Smash," and stuff along that lines, but they're just not Fire Emblem fans. I have one friend who wants to buy Awaking but wanted Chrom, so he didn't care that much.

That'd be all fine and good, but my friends have zero hype for the return of Captain Falcon! I hate my friends. I should just stay inside.

Aha, I'm planning on buying one of these:

But then again, I should probably wait for a Smash bundle... if it happens...
It'll most likely just be the Smash emblem on a 3DS and nothing more. If that were the case, I'd opt for this one instead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What was your guesswork, exactly?
This has no evidence to back it up whatsoever:
  • Roster is drafted including all characters mentioned in both leaks, and the characters mentioned in the first leak are planned to be shown off at E3.
  • Gematsu tipper obtains this info through unknown means.
  • Unrelated to the above, roster is revised. This time, only 3 characters are planned to be shown off at E3. Robin replaces Chrom as a playable character. Rosalina could have been added at this stage as well, but I think she was in the initial drafts, just not mentioned in any leak because she was already confirmed, and was never meant to be at E3.
At least, this is my revised thought process with the cut thing being bogus, and the translation I linked implying Chrom had no work done on him at all. This was my original thought process if you were curious:

• Roster is drafted including all characters mentioned in both leaks, and the characters mentioned in the first leak are planned to be shown off at E3.
  • Unrelated to the above, roster is revised. This time, only 3 characters are planned to be shown off at E3. Robin is added alongside Chrom as a playable character. Rosalina could have been added at this stage as well, but I think she was in the initial drafts, just not mentioned in any leak because she was already confirmed, and was never meant to be at E3.
  • Chrom is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) priority newcomer. Lucina is planned as a Marth alternate.
  • Due to time constraints of being unable to make a new, fully unique character, Chrom is cut.
  • Lucina is promoted to playable to fill Chrom's slot in order to leave roster count intact due to being previously developed to fit Marth's animations, and having gameplay differences from Marth.
  • Chrom's model (one of the few things completed on him) was reused for Robin's Final Smash, which at the time, was undecided.

I hate my friends. I should just stay inside.
Be glad you have friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll just use my 3-year old 3DS to play Smash 3DS.

I'm just hoping for Circle Pad Pro support (mine's collecting dust now).

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Man, it's hard to get my friends hyped about the new reveals. I keep telling them things like, "Marth's grand-daughter is a playable character in Smash," and stuff along that lines, but they're just not Fire Emblem fans. I have one friend who wants to buy Awaking but wanted Chrom, so he didn't care that much.

That'd be all fine and good, but my friends have zero hype for the return of Captain Falcon! I hate my friends. I should just stay inside.

It'll most likely just be the Smash emblem on a 3DS and nothing more. If that were the case, I'd opt for this one instead.
Sounds like your friends just may not be all that into Smash Bros.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
LuugyHero12: if you want to make a fan-game, more power to you. All I ask is don't overdo the posting. It'll come across as spammy advertisement, and you might lose some people.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This has no evidence to back it up whatsoever:
  • Unrelated to the above, roster is revised. This time, only 3 characters are planned to be shown off at E3. Robin replaces Chrom as a playable character. Rosalina could have been added at this stage as well, but I think she was in the initial drafts, just not mentioned in any leak because she was already confirmed, and was never meant to be at E3.
At least, this is my revised thought process with the cut thing being bogus, and the translation I linked implying Chrom had no work done on him at all. This was my original thought process if you were curious:

• Unrelated to the above, roster is revised. This time, only 3 characters are planned to be shown off at E3. Robin is added alongside Chrom as a playable character. Rosalina could have been added at this stage as well, but I think she was in the initial drafts, just not mentioned in any leak because she was already confirmed, and was never meant to be at E3.
  • Chrom is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) priority newcomer. Lucina is planned as a Marth alternate.
  • Due to time constraints of being unable to make a new, fully unique character, Chrom is cut.
  • Lucina is promoted to playable to fill Chrom's slot in order to leave roster count intact due to being previously developed to fit Marth's animations, and having gameplay differences from Marth.
  • Chrom's model (one of the few things completed on him) was reused for Robin's Final Smash, which at the time, was undecided.

Be glad you have friends.
Honestly I don't think Chrom was ever planned to be playable.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The reason that the Palutena artwork is cropped so strangely on the site is because Dark Pit is considered a spoiler since he is going to be a playable newcomer in the final game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The reason that the Palutena artwork is cropped so strangely on the site is because Dark Pit is considered a spoiler since he is going to be a playable newcomer in the final game.
I think he'll be in the game, but just a Pit alt (like how Lucina was supposed to be for Marth). Considering who Dark Pit is, it wouldn't make sense for him to have any different characteristics but color and voice.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you consider Chrom to be cut even though he was never planned as a playable character?
Only considered?
As Johnknight said in another thread, I wouldn't doubt if they played around with the idea first, making a basic build and goofing around with him a bit before deciding he wasn't what they wanted. Given Chrom's popularity, I doubt he was someone who was immediately shot down. Given Sakurai's implied slight remorse for the decision, I think they tried to make it work but A) couldn't come up with anything interesting or B) didn't feel like putting in the effort to make him unique. Based on the past, I'd be more willing to believe it was B, given how characters like Ganondorf and Toon Link have wound up despite their creative potential.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cross-quoting from another thread.
Deviating from the current topic a bit, I'm pretty sure Dark Pit will not get a separate slot. For one, he didn't get a splash intro like Lucina, and well, appearance-wise he's a palette swap too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So,the missing Malaysian Airplane was found in Ukraine....

In other news,I found the perfect video that expresses all our feelings after the Gematsu downfall.

HE just takes practice.
Implying Pichu can't be a she in the game. Sexist.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, to play the opposite side for a sec.
They didn't really reveal him either. It was more of a tease.
He appeared on-screen for a full few seconds though. It was honestly enough for a splash intro.

Also, he could have gotten screen-time in Palutena's trailer itself, like Lucina got with Robin.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's some evidence that he's going to be a boss on Palutena's stage, which I wouldn't be surprised by in the least. As I posted yesterday, two separate rumors came out that playable/controllable bosses could be a thing and I believe both included him as one of them. Either way, I think he's going to be more than a palette swap this time around.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There's some evidence that he's going to be a boss on Palutena's stage, which I wouldn't be surprised by in the least. As I posted yesterday, two separate rumors came out that playable/controllable bosses could be a thing and I believe both included him as one of them. Either way, I think he's going to be more than a palette swap this time around.
That stage might too big for a boss, IMO. I'd just run to the other end probably.

Personally, I'm not very fond of stage bosses. They ruin the chance of having proper bosses in an adventure mode, and they completely stop the battle in otherwise fine stages like Wily's Castle.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He appeared on-screen for a full few seconds though. It was honestly enough for a splash intro.

Also, he could have gotten screen-time in Palutena's trailer itself, like Lucina got with Robin.
But he didn't, and for two reasons.
1.) He's a red herring.
2.) Sakurai hinted him. Like how he hinted at Ridley. He didn't officially reveal him, but more of a flag that he has a bigger role. And to be fair, if he doesn't have some role, then why bother with the cameo?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But he didn't, and for two reasons.
1.) He's a red herring.
2.) Sakurai hinted him. Like how he hinted at Ridley. He didn't officially reveal him, but more of a flag that he has a bigger role. And to be fair, if he doesn't have some role, then why bother with the cameo?
Outright showing him on-screen isn't really 'hinting', to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom