• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
At the end of the day, Chrom would just end up being another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike. Compared with other characters, he lacks any unique characteristics."
Shots fired

My favorite part of the recent interview translation is how he says he doesn't just add similar characters to the game willy-nilly even though tipper aside Lucina is indistinguishable from Marth all the way down to the nair, fourth dancing blade, and gender. I don't care if you add similar characters, just be honest about what you're doing.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I had a lot of time on my hands so I made this custom roster/wallpaper:

Mario, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Luigi, King Boo, Wario, Yoshi, Kamek, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Yoshimitsu, Snake
Link, Zelda, Impa, Ganondorf, Skull Kid, Samus, Ridley, Anthony, Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Marx, Andy, ROB
Fox, Wolf, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, K. Rool, Marth, Ike, Chrom, Aversa, Pit, Palutena, Hades, Alexandra (Eternal Darkness), Little Mac
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Feraligatr, Charizard, Sceptile, Ness, Masked Man, Captain Falcon, Captain Olimar, Mr. Game & Watch, Tom Nook, Ice Climbers

Rationale:
Cuts:
-Toad has been in more games than Rosalina, also has potential for Toadette alt, etc.
-Falco because Starfox doesn't really have moveset potential, he'd probably be an alt as Fox and don't say Krystal because she's just another fox with a staff
-Wii Fit Trainer... No, please. She grew on me and then I realized Andy and Alexandra would be more fitting.
-All the avatars (Miis, Robin, Villager) because I feel like they don't have depth because we all perceive them in different ways because that is US.
-Greninja because I just favor Feraligatr.
-Toon Link cause clone, probably can alt Link
-Lucario because why when we have to make cuts to represent starters.
-Lucas goes because potential for Ness alt.

Additions:
-Toad: See above. More games than Rosalina.
-King Boo: This is where I am being a hypocrite, I prefer to make Luigi his own IP but still be under the umbrella of Mario. I also thought the game needed more villains.
-Kamek: Yoshi rep, more villains. Also, would be an interesting spellcaster.
-Yoshimitsu: 3rd party for Bandai Namco BUT, he represents both Tekken and Soul Calibur. Also, very interesting personality/moveset potential.
-Impa: Hype for Hyrule Warriors as well as her being a character since NES.
-Skull Kid: More villains. I feel like he's very interesting w/ Majora's Mask imo.
-Ridley: No explanation needed.
-Anthony Higgs: I felt like Metroid was always underrepresented, he also sticks with the Other M theme they have.
-Marx: True Kirby villain. Double crosser, would be a cool aerial fighter.
-Andy: Representation of Advance Wars.
-King K. Rool: Hasn't been relevant for a while but, he is a classic villain and DK needs more reps.
-Chrom: Well, this one was is going to get hate. I like his personality inb4flame. Also another lord, Ephraim was considered.
-Aversa: Villain, also waifu. Would be an interesting spellcaster, why not Gangrel or Grima? Well, she's a succubus and adds to the female quota.
-Hades: Villains. Like his attitude.
-Alexandra Roivas: Represents Eternal Darkness. First Horror rep.
-Feraligatr: See cuts section on Greninja.
-Sceptile: Completes starter types and first 3 generations.
-Masked Man: Villains.
-Tom Nook: Villains.

inb4hatebecause of 2 Starfox reps, cutting all the avatar newcomers, WFT, 6 Pokemon/Mario reps and a different rep for both FE and Kirby that no one really cares about.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Chrom was planned originally, but Sakurai figured he would just be another swordsman. He figured Robin would bring more to the table. Lucina got lucky.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=121384840&postcount=8201

So yeah. Further evidence that Gematsu isn't wrong, but outdated.
Yeah, but I can't bite my tongue forever, the survival of Gematsu's credibility is still at stake. This can mean one of two things

A. The leaker gave the word about Chrom to Romano too late after he was scrapped
or B. Sakurai scrapped Chrom in between the leak before the Smash Direct and Chrom's disconfirmation.

D

Deleted member

SAY'RI LIVES!!!

Yeah, but I can't bite my tongue forever, the survival of Gematsu's credibility is still at stake. This can mean one of two things

A. The leaker gave the word about Chrom to Romano too late after he was scrapped
or B. Sakurai scrapped Chrom in between the leak before the Smash Direct and Chrom's disconfirmation.
or C: Gematsu tipper obtained information waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, and Chrom was cut before development began on Robin/other characters. Why he decided to wait so long before revealing the information? Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Scenario B is near impossible to be true. It would have been too late to scrap him.

There is another scenario - The leaker was lying this time.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Hey guys, here's a thought: You don't have to work at Nintendo to have insider information. The Gematsu guy probably works at a voice talent agency, or at the Amiibo plant, or something.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yogscast game, which was funded through kickstarter

WAS CANCELLED

The people that backed it are bacially screwed over

$600,000 and nothing to show for it

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey guys, here's a thought: You don't have to work at Nintendo to have insider information. The Gematsu guy probably works at a voice talent agency, or at the Amiibo plant, or something.
Maybe even Sakurai himself...

Yogscast game, which was funded through kickstarter

WAS CANCELLED

The people that backed it are bacially screwed over

$600,000 and nothing to show for it
They were gonna have a game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Scenario B is near impossible to be true. It would have been too late to scrap him.

There is another scenario - The leaker was lying this time.
*GASP*
A fake leak? That's impossible!

but yeah, in all seriousness "B" makes no sense. Why would you cut Chrom at that point.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

SAY'RI LIVES!!!

or C: Gematsu tipper obtained information waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, and Chrom was cut before development began on Robin/other characters. Why he decided to wait so long before revealing the information? Who knows?
Or D: The leaker got the info about 'FE:A Protagonist' and automatically assumed it was Chrom.

Let me grasp at straws. I just want Chorus Men. ;)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Or D: The leaker got the info about 'FE:A Protagonist' and automatically assumed it was Chrom.

We could still get a Rhythm Heaven rep and the leak could still be false.

D

Deleted member

I will join you in your straw grasp, we must have Shulk!

yeah I know he's likely regardless. I was chewed out for this yesterday

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Or you know, it was INCREDIBLY EARLY WHEN THE TIPPER GOT THE INFO.

You know, like back when Greninja was still in concept stages, AKA when Sakurai picked him.

I see no reason to believe that Chrom couldn't have been planned and scrapped very early on.

D

Deleted member

*dramatic near end-game cutscene*

ALRIGHT, I'M READY TO FI- ooh look new support conversations!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The site on segways say it's better to buy a segway over a car because it saves you money

How fast does a segway go because I can't imagine using one in every instance you need a car for

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently, if Google is correct, they top off at 12.5 mph, which is supposedly 3X the average walking speed.
So, I can go to the nearest bus stop in 10 minutes instead of walking 30

Then just take the bus where I want to go

Or I could use a car

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, I can go to the nearest bus stop in 10 minutes instead of walking 30

Then just take the bus where I want to go

Or I could use a car
It's creepy that the owner of the company that produces Segways drove off a cliff while riding one and died.

D

Deleted member

Who did you marry?
It changes every single profile. On the profile I'm currently playing, Cordelia. I had no idea that S support triggered marriage on my first playthrough, so I ended up marrying Lissa :p

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Even if the information for the leak is just outdated, it doesn't change the fact that the leak was wrong. We can't fully trust this leak anymore.

D

Deleted member

Shulk has more then just Gematsu for why he can get in. .-.
True. Shulk has no evidence pointing to him ingame as of yet though. I'm just paranoid, and I'm not afraid to admit I 100% believed the first two emails. The Lucas part I always thought was false.
Of course, he has tweets. Shulk = Twitter Warrior.
That's it; Shulk's taunts have to be summoning a rain cloud (because Operation Rainfall) and spamming Twitter. We just need one more thing for his 3rd taunt.

Unrelated to the above, but FINALLY! THARJA DID SOMETHING USEFUL!!!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Even if the information for the leak is just outdated, it doesn't change the fact that the leak was wrong. We can't fully trust this leak anymore.
I'd agree if it weren't already 8 for 9, with Chrom having been considered early on.

D

Deleted member

So, possibly interesting topic, how did you all come up with your usernames?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, possibly interesting topic, how did you all come up with your usernames?
My dog's name is Toast, and I had really good grades in high school (which is when I came up with the name).
Thus ToasterBrains.
It used to be NinjaAlpaca because ninjas are cool and alpacas are soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom