• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, possibly interesting topic, how did you all come up with your usernames?
Falco + Koopa

It was honestly a very random thought, but I felt it was funny and went with it. I'm considering shortening my name to just 'Fal' someday.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Poppy Bro. Sr.
First born. So I was the first. :p

In Skype calls with other people on Smashboards, if my brother is on my account, he does sign Jr. (like Poppy Bro Jr.) from time to time, though. :laugh:

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
This used to be my gamename ten years ago and it has another reason which I won't tell. I've outgrown this name now and am ashamed for ever coming up with this name.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
My current username is my current pen-name for my portfolio work, derived from my initials TJW, and changed the W to Works.

I used to call myself Paralysis. And then I found out the word paralysis referred to a disability condition... I got the word from pokemon...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When I chose my name, shiny Mew was my favorite Pokemon. Shiny Mew is Blue, and is a Psychic type. There is no space as a nod to a shiny Ponyta I once saw in a video named "BlueFlash." Blue is not actually my favorite color, that would be lime green. At least, I think that's where it came from. I honestly don't remember.

I really hate this name now though. I'm seriously thinking of getting premium just so I can change my name. My past actions have tainted this name, but now I'm stuck with it. I guess that's just how life works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've honestly tried to come up with a new handle. I tried MrDrNoroi (Noroi meaning curse). That sounds stupid, and ToasterBrains was already stuck on me from years of use anyway.

I'm used to people calling me "Brains" or "Toasty" through GMod (I first started using this name on Steam).

I didn't find out there was a comic called ToasterBrains until a couple years after I started using it which made me feel like I needed to change it... but I like it how it is.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh trust me, at least it's something different.
Mind you I'm on a video game forum. I'm surprised no one used it yet.
At least you're not called something like 'IMThaBezt' or 'KirbyIsCute' or 'xxxAlyssaxxx'. That's what I would call real unoriginal usernames.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's from my pre-Brawl speculation days. When I made my account on Brawl Central I was quite hyped for Wario, and combine that with my low age it became this cringeworthy name. For whatever reason I decided to carry it over here once again when I registered in 2010, probably in hope of finding people I knew from those days or something. I absolutely despise my name, but alas, I don't have the option to switch it currently thanks to credit card matters.

Otherwise my name is usually MasterOfKnees everywhere else, a combination of my love for Metallica's Master of Puppets and my favorite move in Smash: The Knee of Justice. I don't play much Captain Falcon anymore though, so perhaps I should choose something different if I ever switch my name.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh god, Lucina's dialogue right here... I know it is meant to be taken with utmost seriousness, but I can't help but snicker at it. Damn you Homura.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I kind of would like to be involved with WiR but I feel like I wouldn't be good or interesting enough. :glare:

So what's your username origin, BluePsychic? Since you asked the question.
I believe it had something to do with Shiny Mew.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what's your username origin, BluePsychic? Since you asked the question.
When I chose my name, shiny Mew was my favorite Pokemon. Shiny Mew is Blue, and is a Psychic type. There is no space in my name as a nod to a shiny Ponyta I once saw in a video named "BlueFlash." Blue is not actually my favorite color, that would be lime green. At least, I think that's where it came from. I honestly don't remember.

I really hate this name now though. I'm seriously thinking of getting premium just so I can change my name. My past actions have tainted this name, but now I'm stuck with it. I guess that's just how life works.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now to answer your question, I like Masks, and I used to play an online game where my character's last name was Gears. After the game closed in 2012, I imagined that I was only a remnant.. a 'Mask Of Gears'.

There was also some stuff with Majora's Mask and Professor Layton.

D

Deleted member

I'd also be quite a boring subject.

Half of the questions I'd answer with: "That's classified," or "I don't want to talk about it..."

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I kind of would like to be involved with WiR but I feel like I wouldn't be good or interesting enough. :glare:
As long as you have a good reputation, and can summarize information pretty well, we'll have you. But the final decision is up to Venus of the Desert Bloom or TumblrFamous. PM them if you have something in mind.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As long as you have a good reputation, and can summarize information pretty well, we'll have you. But the final decision is up to Venus of the Desert Bloom or TumblrFamous. PM them if you have something in mind.
I feel like I'm just "That one guy who hangs out in the social thread who always looks at things from a different angle"... and you know how people feel about differing viewpoints on the internet. :awesome:

Only kidding. I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I feel like I'm just "That one guy who hangs out in the social thread who always looks at things from a different angle"... and you know how people feel about differing viewpoints on the internet. :awesome:

I bet your preferred angle is looking up from below.

D

Deleted member

Anyone know what font is used in Fire Emblem: Awakening? probably not

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

You're welcome.

Now what the hey is going on with your sig? :laugh:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just named myself after a character from the Transformers.
I dunno, I'd rather see a Star Fox puppet show with Slippy having a Kermit esque voice.
nah, they should probably refrain from asking CTW for assistance, that and Slippy's voice in 64 3D was perfect already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom