• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lucina Hat Kirby is genius. It probably would be too similar to the Marth Hat so they went with Lucina's mask.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, because at the fourth dimension and above, the spectrum of age doesn't apply.

Can't be young if you're never born, and you can't get old if you never age. You need to subject yourself to temporal linearity for that sort of thing.
So, if you're not born. How are you here?
...Unless you're not.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
View attachment 18447

It like it, actually. It's better than hair and shows the difference between Marth Kirby and Lucina Kirby.
The actual copied moves will likely be the same, though...

----
Lucina is actually wearing her Marth mask right there.
Is that just a taunt, or is it also an Alternate Costume.

So, if you're not born. How are you here?
...Unless you're not.
Don't you remember yesterday?
He has no mother. He spontaneously appeared.

Therefore he exists, but was born from no being.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The image with Lucina wearing her mask and with Kirby's Lucina hat has some text explaining it. It is blurry and the only think I got from it was the word "Marth" in Japanese kana. Considering the context, it might be talking about how she used the mask to disguise herself.

Also, her specials are named the same as Marth's:
Neutral is Shield Breaker, side is Double Edge Dance, down is Counter and up is the Dolphin Slash.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That Kirby Lucina Hat.... I approve. After all, I am MaskO'Gears.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The image with Lucina wearing her mask and with Kirby's Lucina hat has some text explaining it. It is blurry and the only think I got from it was the word "Marth" in Japanese kana. Considering the context, it might be talking about how she used the mask to disguise herself.

Also, her specials are named the same as Marth's:
Neutral is Shield Breaker, side is Double Edge Dance, down is Counter and up is the Dolphin Slash.
For the Robin page.

The picture where he is doing that grounded attack with his sword, do you know if that is a tilt or a smash attack?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For the Robin page.

The picture where he is doing that grounded attack with his sword, do you know if that is a tilt or a smash attack?
If you're referring to the picture with Little Mac, it's a Smash attack.

スマッシュ from the big bold black text means "Smash".

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Speaking of Kirby, it's kind of cool to think that he'll be able to copy custom specials as well (supposing he keeps his neutral inhale).

Or will he? Find out in next month's Corocoro maybe!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By the way, his side special that I read as "Giga Fire" IS Arcfire. Checked the Fire Emblem Wiki and it's the Japanese name of the spell.

Actually, it's Dancing Blade. Roy's version is called Double Edge Dance. :p
Unless the text in that scan uses that name for Lucina's version too.
I transliterated the kana on her side special move image and this is what I got:

マーベラスコンビネーション -> maaberasukonbineeshon

Seems like a katakana-ized transliteration of Marvelous Combination.

Which happens to be the Japanese name of the Dancing Blade special.

From the Smash Bros. wiki:
Dancing Blade (マーベラスコンビネーション, Māberasu Konbinēshon or Marvelous Combination) is Marth's side special move. It is a unique special move, as it consists of four different attacks chained together; a variety of combos can be performed depending on one's tilt on the control stick or d-pad for each attack. This makes it one of exceptionally few attacks in the Super Smash Bros. series which relies on this type of input - most attacks require only one direction.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
CAWEvolution just found this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69658047

I've been reading through some of the Japanese bulletin boards in light of the latest Famitsu, and I found some new info in addition to a new scan (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsp5iI2CUAA478W.jpg). Here’s the rundown:

1. Lucina was originally included as a Marth skin.

2. “A certain character” was cut during development. (Chrom? Who knows. It's not clarified.)

3. Sakurai didn’t want to reduce the total number of characters.

4. It wasn’t possible to make a brand new character on short notice.

5. Lucina was repurposed into her own character slot to fill the void.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
CAWEvolution just found this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69658047

[Quote ] I've been reading through some of the Japanese bulletin boards in light of the latest Famitsu, and I found some new info in addition to a new scan (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsp5iI2CUAA478W.jpg).Here’s the rundown:1. Lucina was originally included as a Marth skin.2. “A certain character” was cut during development. (Chrom? Who knows. It's not clarified.)3. Sakurai didn’t want to reduce the total number of characters.4. It wasn’t possible to make a brand new character on short notice.5. Lucina was repurposed into her own character slot to fill the void.
[/quote]
What I like here, is that it only mentions one cut. I'll cater to this theory of only one cut and list my ideas:

1) Refers to only one character, so Squritle and Ivysaur are in? However, he could be referring to slots, and Charizard took Pokemon Trainer's slot.
2) Other than that, the three biggest candidates are Lucas, Snake, and Wolf, with Snake being the elephant in the room.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Saying "a certain character is cut" generates the bad kind of excitement. I wish they'd just specify. Then again, if they outright said the character, then people may petition to have that character back and delay the game some more.

Staarih

Smash Master
"A certain character is cut" along with "Sakurai didn't want to reduce the total number of characters" makes me think of Snake. Why would Sakurai cut someone if he didn't want to? => because he didn't have a choice. Ugh, I hope that's not the case though.

But if Lucina is "just to fill the void" and was first supposed to be Marth's alt, I don't see many (if any) other clones happening after all. So Dark Pit would be a no-no.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
"A certain character is cut" along with "Sakurai didn't want to reduce the total number of characters" makes me think of Snake. Why would Sakurai cut someone if he didn't want to? => because he didn't have a choice. Ugh, I hope that's not the case though.

But if Lucina is "just to fill the void" and was first supposed to be Marth's alt, I don't see many (if any) other clones happening after all. So Dark Pit would be a no-no.
It's more likely that the "certain character" they were talking about was Chrom, with Lucina substituting for him to not reduce the total number of characters.
Mostly because I don't see them replacing a unique 3rd party character with a Marth clone.

D

Deleted member

HA!
My theory about Lucina having a minor role until being repurposed is actually correct!!

Now, if said cut character was Chrom, my theory regarding Gematsu and roster revisions is actually valid!

Ha ha!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Interesting info...! Lucina was meant to be a skin for Marth after all. She's a last minute clone so that the roster would keep the same number of characters.

There goes the clone theory. (Still hoping for Dark Pit to make in as a Pit alt...)

Now, who might be this cut character? Could it be Chrom? If Lucina is filling a cut character void, she could have replaced another Fire Emblem character, which would obviously be Chrom.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Let it be known that "Gematsu is right" is still just an assumption people are making and not based on anything but speculation on Lucina being repurposed to fill the void a cut character left. I MEAN

And by my calculations at least 50,000 people owe Sal Romano an apology.
People only own him an apology for being rude to him, not being happy the leak was dead. People needed to apologize before this new info was revealed. :awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think the new info dump from Famitsu changes much.

His latest emails are still wrong/outdated, which is the common belief, probably.

Anyway, I like Lucina Kirby. Dat mask.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think the new info dump from Famitsu changes much.

His latest emails are still wrong/outdated, which is the common belief, probably.
Agreed.

Anyway, I like Lucina Kirby. Dat mask.
If he's wearing the mask Lucina was wearing when she was disguising herself as Marth... does that mean Kirby is pretending to be Marth... or Lucina...?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Gematsu was right...
Not necessarily.
The leak was still wrong about Chrom, and Shulk being revealed on Monday. I'm still thinking that they had outdated info, probably so that I can still be certain about Shulk.
At the very least, people can finally shut the **** up about Gematsu being "all we get". That was stupid in the first place and it finally won't carry into further discussions.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Sakurai is weird. He can have the whole roster decided 6 years prior to development (or however early) then change it whenever because of whatever reason. Idk why.

Still hoping for Dark Pit though... :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom