• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Metroid was great for what it was in its time. Gaming has changed though and it made the way Metroid plays irrelevant and tedious, not forgetting Super Metroid that basically improved on every single aspect of the game. Metroid is still fine if you know what you're getting yourself into, but as a modern gamer Metroid is way too old-school to get into now. It is a good game though, but don't even try the game if you can't stand helplessness, just start with Super.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I've gotten chewed out by other Metroid fans for this opinion but I don't find the original Metroid fun. It's confusing because there's no hints on where to go so, without a map, you're going to be wondering around like an idiot for a good chunk of the game and essentially guessing where to go. With a map, this game takes about 2 hours and maybe 3 if you want to get everything but, without one, I think a reasonable rough estimate is 20 years. The game's also really unforgiving too because healing items are hard to come by and there are many times we're you'll have to farm for a solid 10 minutes to get back to full health later in the game. I further piss off Metroid fans by saying it baffles me how Kid Icarus was less popular (spoiler: they use the game engine and had the same creator) and how Metroid wasn't the one to fade into obscurity instead. Both games are hilariously hard if you don't know what you're doing but I feel that Kid Icarus becomes more fun once you do while Metroid simply becomes tedious. If you want to play the original Metroid, play Zero Mission instead (or, better yet, Super Metroid if you want to get the de-facto Metroid experience). It's a remake that improves on literally everything that was wrong with the original in my eyes plus it has a lot more content.

I 100% agree with this. Kid Icarus is so much more fun when you realize how to power up. I played through Kid Icarus without knowing how to get more weapons and I beat it with a level one power. It was super difficult. I looked up info again and played it through once more. It was really fun to power up and it was a lot less difficult.

As far as Metroid goes I've complained about it before on this thread. The first one is extremely difficult. The final boss took me forever. You definitely need to look for things to find. Nothing is really told to you. You kinda go in and walk around. You could spend hours trying to do something that you don't have a power up for and then realize it. After that you need to spend forever bombing random walls to see what other types of random stuff you can find. The same thing goes for Metroid 2 and Super Metroid. Metroid Fusion is definitely the best one of the 2d Metroids imo.

Your opinions are great and you should feel great.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So Smash bros for Wii U and 3DS is apparently rated E10 by the ESRB. Hopefully, that means I can watch Smash commercials on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network now :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I read it more as

yellow tome = side B
dark tome = down B

etc

Random elements have been cut so far from the game (Olimar's Pikmins, Dedede's side-B) so I hardly doubt they're going to make a completely random newcomer.
That's what I figured aswell.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Its not rated T?

Man... this game sucks...

It definitely won't be as good as Melee now.

It won't even be as good as Brawl.

Nintendo's babying people with their games for sure now.

I can't believe it.
inb4 "tell me the is a joke" it is :troll:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You do know 64 was E & Melee was T because of "Comic Mischief" (Adventure Mode cutscenes) and Brawl was T because of "Comic Mischief" (Subspace Emissary cutscenes & Snake's CODEC) and "Crude Humor" (Wario's bad hygiene & Snake's CODEC).

The nudity might be cause of the rather revealing female characters Sm4sh has.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You do know 64 was E & Melee was T because of "Comic Mischief" (Adventure Mode cutscenes) and Brawl was T because of "Comic Mischief" (Subspace Emissary cutscenes & Snake's CODEC) and "Crude Humor" (Wario's bad hygiene & Snake's CODEC).

Krystal, Rouge, and Dixie Kong confirmed! :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Krystal Confirmed.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
As far as the bosses things go, keep in mind Sakurai changes things sometimes. And a general statement saying something like "RIGHT NOW we're not doing that" does not mean that there's 0% of it happening. Sakurai has mentioned not putting in characters like the Villager...

D

Deleted member

E10?
Snake disconfirmed. :troll:

...actually, that may not be trolling. If Snake's CODECS were part of why there's a T Rating on Brawl (since Wario's farts would make it E10 at most), then either Snake himself is gone or there's no CODECS.

Picture Greninja. Now give him the voice of Kermit the Frog because he's a frog. Let your brain implode at the awesome.
I dunno.
Hearing Kermit say "Greninja! Greninja!" over again is rather awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Australia's classification board says this game has mild nudity. That's Bandai Namco for ya. :troll:

It still gets a 12+ rating in Europe, just like Brawl.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I still think that a 'T' rating was overdoing it.

E10 is much more like it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Saw talk of Shulk trailers earlier.

If there's one veteran I want revealed with Shulk, I want it to be ROB because Mechon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do you all realize that the game being rated E10 severely lowers Snake's chances even more.
Not necessarily.

I think the art style with more vibrant colors helped the game to have a lower rating. Plus, it's a subjective matter.

Also, mind that the E10+ rating didn't exist when Melee was released.

Not that such things matter to me, because I live in Europe (where the rating is 12+ like in Brawl) and, more importantly, I'm 21 years old.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sometimes I wonder if it ratings even matter anymore. You could be ten and still get Call of Duty. Why not just ditch it completely?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait, the Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum reward list is now open?

*Checks list*

I already have most of them and there's some I have no interest in.

I'll be grabbin' Game & Wario (looks good and dem Deluxe Digital Promotion points!)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Japanese scans! More katakana reading for me.

It shows Robin's special attack are each direction for a spell type:
Neutral: Thunder
Up: Elwind
Side: Giga Fire (likely Arcfire's Japanese name)
Down: Nosferatu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom