• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Pic of the Day might not come today, due to multiple pics shown the other day, or atleast that's what I think.

D

Deleted member

Are you ready for the gimmick trainwreck character?
I'm hoping Shulk doesn't have some overly stupid gimmick, but I bet he will...

Pic of the Day might not come today, due to multiple pics shown the other day, or atleast that's what I think.
We may not be getting one. Yesterday had updates for showing Miiverse Lucina, Robin, and Captain Falcon, as well as quite a few pictures explaining Lucina, not to mention the official site artwork and the video.

NEVERMIND, SAKURAI SNIPED ME.

"Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword."

"The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."

Last edited by a moderator:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Wait, look at this:

"Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword."
Is it just me or has the Levin Sword it's sweetspot at the tip, just like Marth? It looks a bit like it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are you ready for the gimmick trainwreck character?
To be honest, I'm kind of concerned about this now. A lot of people who actually played the demo have suggested that Rosalina and Little Mac suffer too much from Special Snowflake Syndrome already so I'd hate to see yet another character like this thrown on the pile.

D

Deleted member

@BluePsychic
You missed the perfect opportunity for a Slowpoke image. How do you miss the pic of the day that happened hours ago?
Man... You're right. I should've slowpoke'd him.

But seriously computer; why do you keep glitching out my audio drivers?

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be honest, I'm kind of concerned about this now. A lot of people who actually played the demo have suggested that Rosalina and Little Mac suffer too much from Special Snowflake Syndrome already so I'd hate to see yet another character like this thrown on the pile.
Well considering no one knew what they were doing with the demos, everyone mastering the characters within seconds was never going to happen.

Also, I feel as though some people were completely missing the point with Little Mac and Rosalina. Like I swear some people were trying to use Mac like he was Jigglypuff and some Rosalina players didn't bother to use Luma at all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:4falcon:

To avoid spammy posts, I'll bring up something I posted in the Rayman thread. Micheal Ancel said something interesting in an interview a while back:
GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's ass?

MA: Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)
This really makes me think about my theory, Rayman may have been too late to make it, like Snake with Melee. But with DLC...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So should I get Earthbound, Game and Wario, DKCR 3D, Dr. Luigi, or NES remix?
EarthBound is better than all of those games combined. Though if it were regular DKCR, then it would be just better than the other two combined but still better than DKCR by itself. In other words, get EarthBound. Unless you don't like EarthBound.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
EarthBound. It's an amazingly fun rpg with quite a bit of comedy, a good battling system, good music, a good story, and good artistic design(well-made sprites, as well as desirable in general).

Hong

The Strongest
Robin, slated to become the next Hakan?

Too soon to tell. The durability system was not necessary and Robin could have had all of her specials just fine. That said, Mr. Sakurai did mentioned wanting to have more strong attacks in this game and finding suitable weaknesses to compensate. There are a number of characters out there who are based on ammunition that hold up just fine, so I'm rooting for Bandai Namco, here.

Edit -
EarthBound was a life-changer for me. None of those can even compare.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The durability mechanic is starting to remind me of the Pokémon Trainer's stamina mechanic.

Anything that reminds me of that horrible idea is not good.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
PT's stamina mechanic would've been fine if it was only based off move usage, and not time as well (which made the best strategy against them was to time them out completely or for 2 minutes then fight a character who can't kill). We don't know how long it takes to replenish items, but if they replenish even while they aren't "completely used", then there will probably be a specific pattern that will allow him to maintain things well.

Hong

The Strongest
In addition to having that nice disjointed hitbox in the form of a sword, Nosferatu, Arcfire, and Arcthunder could be good ways of buying time if managed correctly. The latter two will probably be like PK Fire and be a total momentum-killer for the enemy, even on-block.

D

Deleted member

I just wonder how bad the Bronze Sword is. Is it Mac air attack tier bad?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
EarthBound. One of the best games I've played. It's 15$ IIRC, then you should have enough for NES Remix.
You get to pick one of all those games I listed for free if you're a club nintendo platinum member :cool:

I just heard the girl villager say "thanks Nook" when she starts her Final smash... awww

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You get to pick one of all those games I listed for free if you're a club nintendo platinum member :cool:

I just heard the girl villager say "thanks Nook" when she starts her Final smash... awww
Seriously? It's that time of year again?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Robin, slated to become the next Hakan?
Is he going to get a red-skinned near-nude alternate bathed in oil? I have no idea. He's confirmed for being trainwreck Not-Platinum at the least. He has to win while the hype train is rolling or else he has to run for his life.

yup
No physical rewards at all. Its kind of disappointing.
Well, I feel like it's Nintendo wanting people to upgrade and get the sweet digital rewards. Like Mother 2, which everyone should play.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would actually be more confident with Robin, if it wasn't for Super Smash Bros. generally failing to grasp the concept of designing gimmicks properly.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Club Nintendo sucks for Europe. We don't have a Platinum/Gold rewards program, and our Star Catalogue rewards rarely update with new stuff. The best stuff you can buy are CD soundtracks for 3D World and Mario Galaxy. That's it. They still sell Nintendo points cards for Wii and DSiWare only.

Why can't we get awesome stuff? D:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So I can get Super Mario Bros, The Adventure of Link, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong 3, Wario Land 2, or Metroid... which to choose?

Also, does anyone have the comic of Chrom getting Falcon Punched?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Eh. The rewards seem like a bit of a cop out. I like exclusive physical objects. There has yet to be a reward as good as the Mario crew statue from a few years back.

I think I'm gonna hit Game and Wario, though. Best value, and I was gonna get it before next semester started anyways.

Earthbound shall have to wait for another day .

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So I can get Super Mario Bros, The Adventure of Link, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong 3, Wario Land 2, or Metroid... which to choose?

Also, does anyone have the comic of Chrom getting Falcon Punched?
They are all pretty good. I actually got Metroid a while ago and I hate it/like it. Its a good game but you'll probably need a walkthrough or something. I'd pick from Link, Wario, and Metroid if I were you. Wario Land is probably the one I'd pick most. I haven't played it though so I don't know how good it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom