• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just now woke up, last night I was actually at the All Star Game with my girlfriend and a few buddies from high school. It was a pretty good game, let me tell you people. As much of a hardcore fan of the Twins, you gotta respect Derek Jeter. I saw him in Arlington, I've seen him in Los Angeles, and I've finally got to see him in action in my home state Minnesota. I wasnt too worried about Mike Trout beating Jeter to the MVP award because Jeter has something even better, a WORLD SERIES MVP AWARD.

Hong

The Strongest
I am pleased with the facial appearance of both genders of Robin. Lucina looks fine until she tries to express, however.

Palutena is all kinds of disappointment in that front. Thankfully, graphical improvements can be made even late in development.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am pleased with the facial appearance of both genders of Robin. Lucina looks fine until she tries to express, however.

Palutena is all kinds of disappointment in that front. Thankfully, graphical improvements can be made even late in development.
That's ok

She's looks fine from the back rear

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just noticed something.

Birdo was in the American Super Mario Bros. 2.

What happened when she/he was brought into the other Mario games with Japanese counterparts? Did they just slap her in SMRPG and say it's original? Did they just say she was from Doki Doki Panic? The questions!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I had a strange dream last night.
I was playing Smash 3DS. In it the last few newcomers were from the Sal leak (which people criticized for ripping it off) except for Shulk who was an alternate costume for everyone on the Wii U version (Along with X for the 3DS version). Adventure Mode had some strange 3D-ish gameplay (you could move in 3D but only attack in 2D). Also I believed I might've said "there are no unlockables" accept for this one guy I can't remember (later on I remember the roster being only the "starters").

...I think I was on Miiverse for too long.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had a strange dream last night.
I was playing Smash 3DS. In it the last few newcomers were from the Sal leak (which people criticized for ripping it off) except for Shulk who was an alternate costume for everyone on the Wii U version (Along with X for the 3DS version). Adventure Mode had some strange 3D-ish gameplay (you could move in 3D but only attack in 2D). Also I believed I might've said "there are no unlockables" accept for this one guy I can't remember (later on I remember the roster being only the "starters").

...I think I was on Miiverse for too long.
If this happens in the game,we will consider you the god of smash.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

What happened when she/he was brought into the other Mario games with Japanese counterparts? Did they just slap her in SMRPG and say it's original? Did they just say she was from Doki Doki Panic? The questions!
The US version of Super Mario Bros 2 was released in Japan as Super Mario USA so I think Birdo was established in Japan. For the most part from things I've read Super Mario USA was more well received then Doki Doki Panic was and why the characters involved became part of the Mario series.

Plus the story behind Doki Doki Panic and Mario 2 is a bit hard to follow as apparantly Doki Doki Panic was originally a Mario Concept or was considered as a possible choice before the licensing deal wtih Fuji Television happened, something having to due with Miyamoto having very little to do with the JPN Super Mario Bros 2 but was involved in Doki Doki Panic.

It's kind of one of those oddball things that could only have happened in the 80s game market.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The US version of Super Mario Bros 2 was released in Japan as Super Mario USA so I think Birdo was established in Japan. For the most part from things I've read Super Mario USA was more well received then Doki Doki Panic was and why the characters involved became part of the Mario series.

Plus the story behind Doki Doki Panic and Mario 2 is a bit hard to follow as apparantly Doki Doki Panic was originally a Mario Concept or was considered as a possible choice before the licensing deal wtih Fuji Television happened, something having to due with Miyamoto having very little to do with the JPN Super Mario Bros 2 but was involved in Doki Doki Panic.

It's kind of one of those oddball things that could only have happened in the 80s game market.
The 80's were experimental times.

I'm also playing Killer Instinct on my SNES. I'm OK,I guess. Eyedol's just a pain to beat.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The 80's were experimental times.

I'm also playing Killer Instinct on my SNES. I'm OK,I guess. Eyedol's just a pain to beat.
No doubt. It was still a time where the Japanese and North American Divisions could act entirely indepedently and no one knew any better. Ahh, what the age of the internet brought in that regards.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have Club Nintendo Gold status.

...I guess I'll get WarioLand II or something.
I own the game myself. For what's it's worth I like it.

I don't know yet. The funny thing is I was so close to getting Platinum.
Edit: So, I checked. It's either Metroid or Donkey Kong 3. And I don't know which to pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I may have planned to use Chrom as joke character, by sitting in a corner and spamming the "ANYTHING CAN CHANGE" taunt I wanted him to have in the past, but really, the fandom has been quite cruel to him as a whole. He certainly wasn't my most wanted character, but I feel so bad for him.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like Robin's complexity.

I feel like s/he will be incredibly strong under the right hands.

But that applies to every character.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Personally, I don't find Meta Knight as broken as Ice Climbers.

Mach Tornados are bad, yes, but chaingrabs from 0% to Death is really ridiculous.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Birdo was established as a Mario character fairly quickly after Doki Doki Panic. The US version of Super Mario Bros 2 came out in Japan in 1992, was remastered in 1993 in Super Mario All-Stars, and Birdo was a main character in Wario's Woods in 1994.

So I can get Super Mario Bros, The Adventure of Link, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong 3, Wario Land 2, or Metroid... which to choose?
Super Mario Bros- Who hasn't played this?
The Adventure of Link- You'll either love it or hate it. If you're expecting a traditional Zelda game, you'll be sorely disappointed.
Ice Climbers- Mediocre arcade game. If you're played the Ice Climbers break the targets in Melee, you've played this game.
Donkey Kong 3- The worst of the original 3 games. Avoid.
Wario Land 2- Tied with Wario Land 3 for not only the best Wario game but one of Nintendo's most solid handheld games.
Metroid- You'll either love it or hate it. Basically a giant maze with no guideposts that you'll either find exciting or exhausting to explore.

Wario Land 2. No Contest.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, as much as C. Falcon is awesome, I'm disappointed that it wasn't Meta Knight in the Lucina/Robin trailer.
Isn't it Meta Knight's thing to pick fights with other swordsmen?

D

Deleted member

Personally, I don't find Meta Knight as broken as Ice Climbers.

Mach Tornados are bad, yes, but chaingrabs from 0% to Death is really ridiculous.
True. Chaingrabs are simply ludicrous. At least with the Ice Climbers though, no one I know can use them to any decent effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Now that I think about it, as much as C. Falcon is awesome, I'm disappointed that it wasn't Meta Knight in the Lucina/Robin trailer.
Eh, they already did that once before in Brawl so it was a nice change of pace. Captain Falcon deflecting a sword thrust with his freakin' fist was unbelievably badass. Besides, there's always the Shulk trailer coming up. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Eh, they already did that once before in Brawl so it was a nice change of pace. Captain Falcon deflecting a sword thrust with his freakin' fist was unbelievably badass. Besides, there's always the Shulk trailer coming up. :troll:
Well, the fact that Meta Knight picked a fight with Marth in Brawl is kind of why it makes sense for him to pick a fight with Chrom and Lucina. With Shulk.....it's hard to envision.

Though I will admit that Captain Falcon proving Doc's words about the fist being mightier than the sword to be true was freakin' epic.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But Meta Knight wouldn't have deflected Lucina's sword with his hand.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If deflecting a sword with his hand wasn't enough, he's just smiling throughout the whole damn thing.

"That's one punched right off the roster, and another pushover clone."

But then Robin shows up.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, darn.
I've gotten chewed out by other Metroid fans for this opinion but I don't find the original Metroid fun. It's confusing because there's no hints on where to go so, without a map, you're going to be wondering around like an idiot for a good chunk of the game and essentially guessing where to go. With a map, this game takes about 2 hours and maybe 3 if you want to get everything but, without one, I think a reasonable rough estimate is 20 years. The game's also really unforgiving too because healing items are hard to come by and there are many times we're you'll have to farm for a solid 10 minutes to get back to full health later in the game. I further piss off Metroid fans by saying it baffles me how Kid Icarus was less popular (spoiler: they use the game engine and had the same creator) and how Metroid wasn't the one to fade into obscurity instead. Both games are hilariously hard if you don't know what you're doing but I feel that Kid Icarus becomes more fun once you do while Metroid simply becomes tedious. If you want to play the original Metroid, play Zero Mission instead (or, better yet, Super Metroid if you want to get the de-facto Metroid experience). It's a remake that improves on literally everything that was wrong with the original in my eyes plus it has a lot more content.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've gotten chewed out by other Metroid fans for this opinion but I don't find the original Metroid fun. It's confusing because there's no hints on where to go so, without a map, you're going to be wondering around like an idiot for a good chunk of the game and essentially guessing where to go. With a map, this game takes about 2 hours and maybe 3 if you want to get everything but, without one, I think a reasonable rough estimate is 20 years. The game's also really unforgiving too because healing items are hard to come by and there are many times we're you'll have to farm for a solid 10 minutes to get back to full health later in the game. I further piss off Metroid fans by saying it baffles me how Kid Icarus was less popular (spoiler: they use the game engine and had the same creator) and how Metroid wasn't the one to fade into obscurity instead. Both games are hilariously hard if you don't know what you're doing but I feel that Kid Icarus becomes more fun once you do while Metroid simply becomes tedious. If you want to play the original Metroid, play Zero Mission instead (or, better yet, Super Metroid if you want to get the de-facto Metroid experience). It's a remake that improves on literally everything that was wrong with the original in my eyes plus it has a lot more content.
Well, if I had to pick between Donkey Kong 3 and Metroid (already have WL2 and Mario Land 2), which would be the lesser of two evils in your opinion?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Metroid. Definitely. It's not a bad game by any means but it and Kid Icarus are arguably the two hardest first party games in the NES library. If you love exploring and don't mind getting lost fairly often, you'll probably like this game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ah. Who needs exploring? There's more to the game than meets the eye.
Like breaking it. I remember there being some door glitch trick I can use.

Edit: Also, I'm gonna have to wait, Club Nintendo is having traffic issues.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'll probably get Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. I liked the Wii game, LOVED it even, and I've always been interested in seeing how the 3DS version of that game was, but I never quite got around to it. Now that I can get it for free... well... no better time than now.

The other games in the list I either already have or am decidedly uninterested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom