• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
So, I was going to get DKCR3D for the Club Nintendo Elite Status Gift... until I saw that it was 17,668 blocks!
I need a bigger SD card...
Interesting... I wouldn't say this automatically revives Gematsu as we don't know for sure if it was him that was cut, but it does give it some credibility.
Also, I wouldn't say this confirms Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Snake either just because it says only one character has been cut. It's probably just saying that only one character has been cut from the planned roster; they might not have even been planned for this game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm a bit annoyed now. This new information is like Gematsu's second form if it was the final boss for a video game.

The first form got severely injured and most people shifted to not believing in it, so Gematsu gets reformed (it's a strawgrabby stretch) with this new information and now people are going to be constantly bickering about who exactly were cut. But either way, people who are 100% sure about anything that you can only speculate about (i.e. who was cut exactly) are just going to sound asinine like before.

*shrug*

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If anyone is curious, I got 100% on my test today (That I was studying for)

and it was one of the most important test of my life

Pregnancy test

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A different translation from a NeoGaf user that was posted on the Lucina general discussion thread here:

"Originally Lucina was a Marth color variation because they're related characters. The have different names and voices but play the same, and would receive treatment similar to male/female WFT, Villager and Robin. However, while Lucina's fighting style is the same, she has different characteristics. Because there's only a small difference, she would be a convenient additional character. This made her a lucky newcomer pick."

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm pretty sure Sal/the leaker never said that Gematsu was all we got. People keep thinking that and subsequently think that the leak is false because of that. The leak's only problem is that Robin was revealed instead of Chrom. Other than that the leak is 100 percent legit. If a Chorus men character or Marshall or something like that gets revealed as a character than I think that the leak was the real deal. Thats the only real surprise character that could be announced. Even if that happens there will be people that say that its a fake leak. Just like they do with wii fit trainer saying "Yea it makes sense. Wii Fit sold a lot of copies" its funny that people know why each character is in smash bros. Anyone could make an excuse for any character that is or isn't in. That doesn't make it an obvious character choice just because its justified.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So the Avatar has a bunch of different customizable builds in Awakening. Is it safe to assume that some of them will be alt colors akin to the Villager?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think the new info dump from Famitsu changes much.

His latest emails are still wrong/outdated, which is the common belief, probably.

Anyway, I like Lucina Kirby. Dat mask.
Which a lot of people suspected anyways. His info was outdated but it didn't really change how he had info to begin with. This just proves that something changed between when he got the info and now. If true, he found out this stuff really early in the development cycle, possibly suggesting that he saw the first draft scripts or storyboards for the trailers and not much else.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's actually possible to get more than 100% on the pregnancy test

But it takes a lot more effort

I know someone whose mom got 400% on it

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So the Avatar has a bunch of different customizable builds in Awakening. Is it safe to assume that some of them will be alt colors akin to the Villager?
I wish it was safe. But its very dangerous to say that. Smashboards has a strict no speculation policy. Or at least its members do. Its an unspoken rule though. Any opinion on a character will cause people to go mad with anger. But most of all you mustn't type the accursed ones name... Ridley. Oh no.... I may get banned for saying this...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I see something.

It actually says "Wii Fit."
That's because it's comparing planned Lucina/Marth to WFT and Robin, as seen in the translation Frost posted:
A different translation from a NeoGaf user that was posted on the Lucina general discussion thread here:

"Originally Lucina was a Marth color variation because they're related characters. The have different names and voices but play the same, and would receive treatment similar to male/female WFT, Villager and Robin. However, while Lucina's fighting style is the same, she has different characteristics. Because there's only a small difference, she would be a convenient additional character. This made her a lucky newcomer pick."
My Japanese is very beginner (been teaching myself on and off for years and it's only just recently been taking off because I've only recently put my nose to the grindstone, yknow?) so all I could pick up was that Lucina was supposed to be a Marth alt on my own.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I wish it was safe. But its very dangerous to say that. Smashboards has a strict no speculation policy. Or at least its members do. Its an unspoken rule though. Any opinion on a character will cause people to go mad with anger. But most of all you mustn't type the accursed ones name... Ridley. Oh no.... I may get banned for saying this...
But I left IGN boards for this because speculation here was more interesting!

IGN boards... ugh...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The new Lucina info changes nothing. Someone pointed out that a character wouldn't be cut in the middle of development unless they were forced.. so maybe Snake?

Which a lot of people suspected anyways. His info was outdated but it didn't really change how he had info to begin with. This just proves that something changed between when he got the info and now. If true, he found out this stuff really early in the development cycle, possibly suggesting that he saw the first draft scripts or storyboards for the trailers and not much else.
It could have been a script for the trailer... all they got was a mention of Chrom.. that or "New FE:A Main Character" or something like that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Gematsu was right...
That'd imply that both Chrom and Robin were intended as unique Fire Emblem newcomers, exactly how likely does that sound, especially with Robin missing from Gematsu to begin with? Not very likely imo. It makes perfect sense to me that the only reason we have 4 FE characters with 2 of them being from Awakening is that Lucina drew that lucky straw, there's just no reason for Chrom to be cut mid-development when he'd likely neither prove to have any technical difficulties or be low priority, worst case scenario he'd have been repurposed into an Ike semi-clone I'm sure.

It just doesn't make sense with Chrom at all imo. Even then the most recent translation seems more likely to be the truth imo.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm fairly certain that Chrom was the cut character, lending credit to the theory that Gematsu is outdated along with Sakurai choosing Greninja while X and Y were in concept stages.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Looking at the info again, Sakurai seems to have been forced to cut that character..

So character gets cut, and Sakraui need another one to fill the void.. and comes up with Marth's Alt., Lucina. Makes sense if you ask me.

(Also, I post in blue now. Blue is cool.)

EDIT: Nah, I'll stick with white. Matches my sig anyway.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Justin bailey zamus alt confirmed.
No Justin Bailey has to be a Samus alt. Gotta stay true to the original purpose right? Of course having both would be even better. Idk why but having Samus without the suit and just an arm cannon is cool to me. And then Megaman and Samus could be shipped properly

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay guys, it appears multiple translations are popping up saying there is no such thing as a mention of a cut character in the article. Seems like the first translator had a little too much fun.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
With the ESRB info I just heard about, and this news about cutting characters, I can safely assume the game is at least 99% complete or even finished with bug testing. I highly doubt that we'd get a delay, because this time, there's no Sonic situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom