• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So I'm not the only one that thought it looked a little off.

Personally, I think it looks better in the 3DS screenshots.

Yeah her face looks a little bored... that screenshot makes it look better, though. Huh.

Watch everyone's faces get more expressive in the final build.
(Or maybe they just used all their emotion resources in Dedede :troll:)

D

Deleted member

People should stop associating Shulk with the leak and realize he can get in on his own merits.
Sorry, I'm just extremely paranoid. I know that Shulk is extremely likely, and I heard that his demand in Japan is second only to Mewtwo. I am not afraid to admit I believed every part of the first and second leak, so that provided me with a bizarre sense of security. With the claims called into doubt, I feel a need to straw grasp in it's favor to maintain this security.

(Or maybe they just used all their emotion resources in Dedede :troll:)
And R.O.B. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I imagine a lot of work needs to go into implementing a variety of facial expressions and animations in a game like Smash.

The difference between Smash and, for example, Street Fighter, is the distance between the camera and the characters. You can very clearly see the character's faces in Street Fighter, but in Smash, the camera is mostly far back that we can only roughly see their faces, so it's unlikely we'll get to see their expressions very well in the midst of match (excluding Camera mode.)

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It seems to me that most of the realistic faces look lifeless, like Link and Palutena. Most of those who don't have realistic faces, like Villager and Greninja, seem fine.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel like they'll give the more realistic faces the ability to not look hypnotized by the time the game comes out.
If not... it's not like I'll be paying much attention anyway.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I used to not want a "Super Mario Galaxy 3" but after watching this video I really want one now.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Clarence is such a stupid show but its accurate stereotypes of elementary school kids is hilarious. It reminds me of Ed, Edd, and Eddy in that way. But its nothing close to that shows glory.

D

Deleted member

Ugh. Now, I want Ganondorf to be confirmed so we can get some decent artwork of him.

EDIT:
1st party. His company Monolith Soft was purchased from Namco by Nintendo in 2007
DAMMIT CLIFFJUMPER YOU SCARED ME!

By the way, Xenoblade began development in 2005. I don't think that effects anything but it is interesting to note.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Man, everyone keep's going on about wanting Shulk in Smash like its politics.

Btw, did anyone else think Shulk was short for She-Hulk when they heard it the first time? I got so confused over why everyone wanted a Marvel character til I looked him up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Btw, did anyone else think Shulk was short for She-Hulk when they heard it the first time? I got so confused over why everyone wanted a Marvel character who wasn't Magneto til I looked him up.
Fixed :4pacman:

When I was first introduced to him, it was accompanied with his official art, so I never had that confusion. In fact, originally, I liked the character simply because of his design. I did some research about what his abilities and such were later, and then I wanted him to be playable more. Now actually playing Xenoblade, he is my most wanted character, even more than Lucas.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Btw, did anyone else think Shulk was short for She-Hulk when they heard it the first time? I got so confused over why everyone wanted a Marvel character til I looked him up.
I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom