• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hmm.

I wonder what's for DINNER!
Lamp oil, rope, bombs. You want it? It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough rupees.

Cartoon Network & Disney Channel, yes. I don't watch TV so much anymore Smashboards is TV to me.
Same. I don't watch TV at all. It's a miracle I was able to finish the 2 animes I've actually seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Cartoon Network has some of the best shows of all time.

'Dey 'da reel MVP

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like watching Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I'll go on the record to say they aren't the best shows ever.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Cartoon Network has some of the best shows of all time.

'Dey 'da reel MVP
True dat. It was probably the only show I grew up on. Ed Edd 'n' Eddy will always be my favorite.

I like watching Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I'll go on the record to say they aren't the best shows ever.
Adventure Time was going great, but recently they seem to be struggling with what to do for an overarching plot(s). Hopefully they get back to doing something.

Regular Show was great at first, but it became too formulaic. Has jokes every now and then, but other times it's just braindead.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For what they are they are really good shows though.
They sure capture my attention and have nice stories. But I notice Regular Show's just "Regular situation + supernatural event/climax + abrupt ending for humorous effect". And Adventure Time feels like it's constantly trying to shove some sort of message down my throat, which means well, but it gets tiring after a while.

I like King of the Hill, too. A lot.
My friends don't, though. I guess I just have a peculiar taste.

My favorite Cartoon Network shows were probably Ed Edd and Eddy, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Funny shows, both. :awesome:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They sure capture my attention and have nice stories. But I notice Regular Show's just "Regular situation + supernatural event/climax + abrupt ending for humorous effect". And Adventure Time feels like it's constantly trying to shove some sort of message down my throat, which means well, but it gets tiring after a while.

My favorite Cartoon Network shows were probably Ed Edd and Eddy, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Hey Adventure Time is awesome! :mad088:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Adventure Time IS awesome, but where it is at the moment, I'm worried it's gonna trip its feet and fall in quality and storytelling. For now, anyway.

Courage creeped the **** out of me back then. And I'm sure I'm not the only one...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Adventure Time IS awesome, but where it is at the moment, I'm worried it's gonna trip its feet and fall in quality and storytelling. For now, anyway.

Courage creeped the **** out of me back then. And I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Courage was awesome!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's why I like it so much.
I like being creeped out. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, for instance.

What I don't like is being startled. That's a cheap scare. Not like creepy things. Or things that are creepy in hindsight. Those are the best.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That's why I like it so much.
I like being creeped out. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, for instance.

What I don't like is being startled. That's a cheap scare. Not like creepy things. Or things that are creepy in hindsight. Those are the best.
I don't often handle horror/fear very well. Not that I freak out, but more like I can't sleep at night with paranoid thoughts and unnerving images running circles in my head.

In short, I'm a big fat pu$$ycat.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda funny how after all this time of Fire Emblem talk, that I didn't want to take part in

They found the one character that actually interested me

The choices before were Lucina and Chrom, which bored me

But with Robin!

...I think I'm going to play Awakening again

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

I hope Adventure Time doesn't end up sucking. It seems fine to me for now. The best episodes are the ones that don't have Finn and Jake in the though. Idk why they're just funnier. Yea Regular show has that formula. Its always interesting to me anyways to see how it ends up getting crazy. King of the Hill is really funny. My 8th grade Bible teacher always did a Hank Hill impression lol. He'd always say "Do what Bobby?" My friends and I still quote it lol.

I think Adventure Time is going to end soon. Idk why I think that but its been like 5 years since it started. I don't see it going for much longer. Hopefully Pendleton Ward has another good project he's keeping secret. (other than Bravest Warriors which is too short for its own good)

Courage is probably my favorite cartoon network show from my childhood.
The PowerPuff girls is getting a reboot. I don't even care if it sucks. I'm watching it. I didn't care when Teen Titans Go was being made either.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope Adventure Time doesn't end up sucking. It seems fine to me for now. The best episodes are the ones that don't have Finn and Jake in the though. Idk why they're just funnier. Yea Regular show has that formula. Its always interesting to me anyways to see how it ends up getting crazy. King of the Hill is really funny. My 8th grade Bible teacher always did a Hank Hill impression lol. He'd always say "Do what Bobby?" My friends and I still quote it lol.

I think Adventure Time is going to end soon. Idk why I think that but its been like 5 years since it started. I don't see it going for much longer. Hopefully Pendleton Ward has another good project he's keeping secret. (other than Bravest Warriors which is too short for its own good)

Courage is probably my favorite cartoon network show from my childhood.
The PowerPuff girls is getting a reboot. I don't even care if it sucks. I'm watching it. I didn't care when Teen Titans Go was being made either.
Don't get me wrong, I like Regular Show's formula.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting their panties in a bunch because of Teen Titans Go.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong, I like Regular Show's formula.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting their panties in a bunch because of Teen Titans Go.
Ehhhhh, Teen Titans Go is average to me.

I'll keep it short; I loved the original Teen Titans as it knew how to balance the humor and the drama. The way they took Teen Titans and made it pure comedy doesn't feel right. I'm not a massive fan of Teen Titans though, so the controversy doesn't affect me as much.

What I find hilarious though is that the people behind Teen Titans Go admitted they barely watched the original Teen Titans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The way I see Teen Titans Go is this: Completely separate and different from the original series. That's why I don't mind it as much. The problem a lot of people have with it is that they're comparing it as if it was supposed to be a sequel or something.

I don't find it funny, nor interesting. I don't really like the show. But I have a better reason than "WHY ISN'T IT TEEN TITANS ORIGINAL SERIES I HATE THIS".

I'll keep it short; I loved the original Teen Titans as it knew how to balance the humor and the drama. The way they took Teen Titans and made it pure comedy doesn't feel right. I'm not a massive fan of Teen Titans though, so the controversy doesn't affect me as much.
This is also a good reason.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
*raises hand*

Some episodes used to give me nightmares when I was little.
I can't remember the episode names, but the scenes with the girl playing the violin, and the other with Courage dreaming that freakish, blue fetus abomination were what scared me the most.

The way I see Teen Titans Go is this: Completely separate and different from the original series. That's why I don't mind it as much. The problem a lot of people have with it is that they're comparing it as if it was supposed to be a sequel or something.

I don't find it funny, nor interesting. I don't really like the show. But I have a better reason than "WHY ISN'T IT TEEN TITANS ORIGINAL SERIES I HATE THIS".

This is also a good reason.
Not many people like to control their fan rage, I guess. :p

D

Deleted member

...I only just realized
I don't know how I never noticed this, but Kraid has been on that box art this whole time
I feel stupid now
That's not Kraid. That's Ridley. He's too big for the boxart. The red dragon thing is a common mook :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I can't remember the episode names, but the scenes with the girl playing the violin, and the other with Courage dreaming that freakish, blue fetus abomination were what scared me the most.
Wasn't there an episode Muriel and Eustace got their insides sucked out by aliens? I had nightmares from that.

That was an episode, right?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Kraid is disgusting.... what the heck is that stuff he shoots out from his 6 belly buttons????? Thats so grosssssss uuuuugggggghhhhhh

Then I have to stand on it to shoot him in his nasty mouth........

soo grosss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom