• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

Mahone

Smash Champion
i am glad i could be one of your favorite posts :)

edit: i just like trash talking, i wasn't trying to start anything, but then he had to go and attack me like he did. And i would appreciate if people would stop talking like i dqed him or was forced to play him. If i really wanted to dq him i could have, and if any of you knew me you would know i would never be satisfied with my placing if i got an undeserved win in any way.

GofG

Smash Champion
i got dq'd, DJ didn't know that I was DQ'd so we played anyway. he beat me, not sure what would have happened if I had beaten him but i'm sure it would have been worked out.

josh is great

there's someone whose last name is mahone running for nc state senate, i see signs everywhere, good **** bro

justin were you the guy i went bowser against? i liked our set

Mahone

Smash Champion
Lol I'm sorry I give him too much jiggs practice but your jiggs was still legit. I'll hopefully get to play you next time I see you!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
mahone, you enjoy jiggs dittos?

and yeah, stingers is the only reason I knew to do as much as I was doing that first stock. Next time I'll do better at maintaining such a level of play.

VA needs a ganon main. There's no way a player like kp should be surprised by a perfect waveland jab after a standoff. Somebody needs to work on that haha.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Few points:

LOOOOOL @ MikeG thinking I was white. XD

OMG BEHR is a god. Good **** for carrying me in doubles.

Jigglypuff IS a real character. But then again, I main Ice Climbers so it's not like I would know what real characters are like.

I love SleepyK. Sorry for not doing GaW dittos.

PEACH IS SO FUN! I love her. Sheik's boring now.

DoP is really freaking good. I really enjoy the Peach matchup vs ICs even though I suck at it. He'd probably 4 stock me in tourney though.

Jim and Stongers are so gah**** cool.

I realized at this tourney that I really dislike playing against spacies. I'd rather play against peach than spacies.

Also, Josh is not a scrub. Granted, yes, he has a scrub mentality about certain things but he is by no means terrible at Melee.

Super salt bros

**** you guys for having the tourney end at freaking 2. I wanted to drink with kevin.

I'll do real shoutouts at some point. Maybe.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Lol ya I have never seen a Ganon main in va.

Naw I don't really like the ditto but I really like my fox vs jiggs I actually find it really fun

edit: i don't think josh is bad at melee I was just upset because he clearly thinks I'm bad. I am smart enough to see that he is just bad against jiggs but otherwise good at the game.
Hopefully one day he will realize I'm not bad either.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, with that being noted, he played me really well. If we had done bo3 he wouldve won. Really smart player who kept reading my silly techs in place. I barely adjusted in time to win our bo5.

that makes more sense. Liking the ditto doesn't seem possible haha

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
C-Stick and Fats (I think) from SoVa both played Ganon as well. Neither of them were pros though, but there were Ganon mains in Virginia at some point.

Mahone: I think we cleared a lot more up in PM's, but to clarify, it's not that I think you're bad, I just think Jiggs takes a lot less skill to win with than pretty much every other character so you calling people scrubs when you can only play Jiggs is pretty aggravating.

And Gardeviour, don't worry, I've got a good bit more to say about this tournament at some point today which I'm sure will keep this thread moving.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Achievement unlocked!
9001G - Too long; DID read?!

Oh God... so much wasted time that I'll never get back. :urg:

Also, SleepyK is SleepyK.

Mahone

Smash Champion
C-Stick and Fats (I think) from SoVa both played Ganon as well. Neither of them were pros though, but there were Ganon mains in Virginia at some point.

Mahone: I think we cleared a lot more up in PM's, but to clarify, it's not that I think you're bad, I just think Jiggs takes a lot less skill to win with than pretty much every other character so you calling people scrubs when you can only play Jiggs is pretty aggravating.

And Gardeviour, don't worry, I've got a good bit more to say about this tournament at some point today which I'm sure will keep this thread moving.
I just want to point out that you said i have not seen you play well or focused or someone that wasn't jiggs or whatever, so i can't correctly assess how good you are, which is a valid point....

But, you also don't have any proof that i only play jiggs. I honestly believe that some of my secondaries could beat you, and I'm not sure where you got your whole, i only play jiggs and can't win with anyone else thing from, seeing as how i only played my main at that tournament and therefore you never saw my secondaries.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I assumed because 95% of Jigglypuff players can only play Jigglypuff. You pretty much confirmed this for me in your PM.

I'd happily MM any of your secondaries. I didn't even play my main against you. ;]

lord karn

Smash Master
Sorry for posting so late, but I'm going to try and clear things up.

I walked over to the laptop right when Josh got there and Maria told him he was dq'd. When Josh questioned it, Maria said something along the lines of 'if you weren't here, you were dq'd.' Josh took this to mean that the whole group of people with him were dq'd. In reality, I guess only Josh, smith and gofg got dq'd, because there opponents were the only ones to point it out. So I don't think there was any exaggeration on josh's part about the dq'ing, because he was led to believe that everyone was dq'd (and they would have been if it had been brought up to Maria). This is the first problem point. Josh and company should not have left the tournament for an extended period of time, because they should have known that it was starting soon. Also, Maria should have used other people better to make efforts to contact them to get them back once it was realized that they were gone. When this happens to me as a TO, if I'm busy, I usually just look to whoever is near me and ask them to go find said players and get them back. It usually works quite well.

Next, I talk to Maria and tell her that it's not fair to the people in loser's to dq so many players first round. She understands and I communicate with the dq'd people and get them to go find their matches. Josh walks outside (and so do I) and he asks where Mahone is. Mahone is on the phone, so Josh waits for some time to talk to him. He is not mad at Mahone or anything at this point, and I don't think he ever said that your call was not important. Then I overhear Josh talking to Mahone. Mahone seems to try very hard to not play Josh. This is where I think Mahone is in the wrong. I stated earlier that I think it's stupid to travel to tournaments and then try to win by dq'ing when you could easily play your match. Just chill out and play.

I left at some point during Josh and Mahone's conversation, but somehow it resulted in them playing. Perhaps it was because Maria rescinded the dq, or perhaps Mahone realized he was being a douche. If it's the latter, then good stuff for manning up, Mahone. If not, then I think you should reconsider your attitude on this subject (I'm not saying I hate you or anything, just clarifying that I think you are wrong at this point in this whole drama). Just trying to clarify things.

So this is the point where I'm less clear on what happens. Apparently, Mahone beats Josh, and Josh johns about puff. Josh, even if you believe what you do about puff, I still think it's johning to insult people about playing her (and after reading these posts it seems like what you said had the obvious effect of sounding like an insult, and you probably knew it would). Mahone chose to main puff, and so be it. Like I said, I hate watching jiggs, but I don't mind playing her. I happen to think she is somewhat easier to play than the other characters, but I think it's far from easy to **** with her. All of this aside, Mahone won and that should have been the end of it. If it ended there, Mahone would have been the only one in the wrong for being such a douche about trying to keep you dq'd. However, because of the way you acted to Mahone after he finally agreed to play you, you're partially in the wrong for insulting his skill in the match (which really didn't have anything to do with the initial problem of him not wanting to play you).

Now the next point in the story is Mahone's first post in this thread. He came in here and made a post about your character and your skill, probably in response to your attitude about jiggs. This was also uncalled for. If there was still beef, it should have been taken care of in pm's. So here is another point of Mahone being in the wrong. And then, of course, Josh responds to the initial flame and this whole flame war erupted.

So basically, both Mahone and Josh are in the wrong in this situation, in my opinion. Mahone started the whole thing by trying to weasel out of a tournament match, which I think is dishonorable. Then Josh makes uncalled for statements after he loses. Johns about being high and upset and about jiggs are still johns, and you still downplayed a player's skill when you lost to him. If you cared, you wouldn't get high at a tournament. If you don't care, that's fine too, but you shouldn't insult players when they beat you if you don't care. I personally think Mahone is somewhat more in the wrong, but it's a complicated issue. Ultimately, I think you both should apologize to each other.

Ok, hopefully that will end this whole thing.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I assumed because Jigglypuff players can only ever play Jigglypuff. You pretty much confirmed this for me in your PM.

I'd happily MM any of your secondaries. I didn't even play my main against you.
In my PM i said i don't really have secondaries and my secondaries are bad, but i never said they couldn't beat you :) I mean if my main can 3 stock you, i don't think my secondaries would have any problem 1 stocking you.

In case it's not clear, i am excepting your mm.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure i would of beat you main if i had played it.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
As a good friend of Mahone's, I'd like to say that I don't believe that he was ever considering not playing the match out. He likes messing with people, but he wouldn't win by default like that. I've seen him do unnecessarily honorable things in tournament matches like suiciding when his opponent side-Bs off stage and so forth.

I understand how Josh (and others) could easily misinterpret him giving josh a hard time as actually trying to get out of the match, but I'm going to back him up here and say he wouldn't have ever done that.

Mahone

Smash Champion
God **** it, for the last time i was never considering dqing him, i was just messing with him because he was late. I should never have admitted that the thought crossed my mind, but it was just for a split second because he was annoying me.

Maria said it was my choice, and i didn't not dq him so i didn't look like a ****. I played him because i had always intended to play him. I was just being a jerk because he made me wait and i thought it was funny, which i admit was gay but not worth all this ****. I can understand that if you came in at the wrong time it would seem that I was trying really hard to get out of it, but i was just joking. If i really cared that much about not playing, don't you think i would have just not played?

I just pretended to debate dqing him so he would have to wait a little like i did, because he was in a rush to play after being 30 minutes late and that bothered me.

Its so stupid that I am being attacked for thinking about dqing him, you guys don't know what i was thinking so in the end you just have my actions as evidence and i did play him. I don't know what im suppose to do if you get mad at me because you think I only played not to look like a ****, what difference does it make, i still played him so why are all of you complaining.

And i admit i shouldn't have said that in my shoutout, but i was just joking, why do you all have to take it so seriously, i wasn't trying to say he was an awful player or a bad person or anything, i was just teasing him because he was so salty about losing to jiggs.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol mahone stacking up the trolling trash talking.

josh, please don't take the bait.

also, new discussion should be the venue/lack of setups/lack of space.

one great part of being at a tournament is the fact that we can watch high profile matches. but due to the way the venue was set up, i was afraid to watch many matches at all for fear of being screamed at and going deaf within two minutes of the match. Although i understand the necessity for the business to keep aisles open, it really took away from the tournament experience to not be able to watch matches and stand and converse with fellow smashers without bothering the people who did pay to be there.

discuss?

Mahone

Smash Champion
lol mahone stacking up the trolling trash talking.

josh, please don't take the bait.

also, new discussion should be the venue/lack of setups/lack of space.

one great part of being at a tournament is the fact that we can watch high profile matches. but due to the way the venue was set up, i was afraid to watch many matches at all for fear of being screamed at and going deaf within two minutes of the match. Although i understand the necessity for the business to keep aisles open, it really took away from the tournament experience to not be able to watch matches and stand and converse with fellow smashers without bothering the people who did pay to be there.

discuss?
I completely agree, i don't think it was that big a deal that we were in the aisles but they guys at the store flipped out and kept shouting, but they weren't even professional about it, you could tell that they were pissed.

lord karn

Smash Master
God **** it, for the last time i was never considering dqing him, i was just messing with him because he was late. I should never have admitted that the thought crossed my mind, but it was just for a split second because he was annoying me.

Maria said it was my choice, and i didn't not dq him so i didn't look like a ****. I played him because i had always intended to play him. I was just being a jerk because he made me wait and i thought it was funny, which i admit was gay but not worth all this ****. I can understand that if you came in at the wrong time it would seem that I was trying really hard to get out of it, but i was just joking. If i really cared that much about not playing, don't you think i would have just not played?

I just pretended to debate dqing him so he would have to wait a little like i did, because he was in a rush to play after being 30 minutes late and that bothered me.

Its so stupid that I am being attacked for thinking about dqing him, you guys don't know what i was thinking so in the end you just have my actions as evidence and i did play him. I don't know what im suppose to do if you get mad at me because you think I only played not to look like a ****, what difference does it make, i still played him so why are all of you complaining.

And i admit i shouldn't have said that in my shoutout, but i was just joking, why do you all have to take it so seriously, i wasn't trying to say he was an awful player or a bad person or anything, i was just teasing him because he was so salty about losing to jiggs.
Like I said in my post, if that was your reason for playing him good stuff. I agree that josh shouldn't have been gone for so long. However, there was no way for people to interpret your actions as not douchy, so you shouldn't get mad when people do. The only thing to do now is clear things up, which is what I'm trying to do.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Like I said in my post, if that was your reason for playing him good stuff. I agree that josh shouldn't have been gone for so long. However, there was no way for people to interpret your actions as not douchy, so you shouldn't get mad when people do. The only thing to do now is clear things up, which is what I'm trying to do.
I shouldn't troll, and Josh shouldn't john. That's it, that's what we learned from all of this, and we all know that we are both going to continue to do those things, because we can't help it, but i'll work on making my trolls more obvious when dealing with smashers and he has already said he is working on not johning as much, so we are all good now, and any beef between us is just in good fun, we aren't mad at each other anymore so don't worry.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
agreed. it started out nice, but generally, people didn't listen. it's probably not a good idea to put 15 setups right in front of the door if you don't want people to stand there, but since they wanted to keep the business in the back open, we didn't really have a choice. And i guess to them, it was either to yell at us, or lose some business because we were packed at the location we were put at.

still pretty gay.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i would think that, if anything, having 50 loud, excited people at the front of your store would bring business in.

also i kind of like not being able to watch the matches, in a way. since i didn't really get a chance to watch them, it gave me more incentive to play as many friendlies as I could manage, which I think is a lot better experience in the end. that's just my opinion, though, and having the option would be cool. i'm just saying it doesn't matter to me.

Top Bottom