• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
In my PM i said i don't really have secondaries and my secondaries are bad, but i never said they couldn't beat you :) I mean if my main can 3 stock you, i don't think my secondaries would have any problem 1 stocking you.

In case it's not clear, i am excepting your mm.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure i would of beat you main if i had played it.
For the last time, I was very annoyed, newly high and not warmed up when we played and I still took you to third match against a character I can't take seriously. What makes you think anything about the results of that match were reflective at all or anything? I know you're just gonna say "johns etc" but any of those things are legit enough reasons for the set to not to mean much to me. I thought I made it clear in PM's just how much I don't care about playing against Jiggs so you should probably not keep using that as a basis for how you'd do otherwise.

And yes, you probably would have beat my Falco because Jiggs vs Falco is ********. I was just saying, he's my best character and you've never seen me play him.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I would definitely agree that the setup/yelling was pretty jarring at first, but later in the day once things settled down I actually really liked the setup. Few tournaments have seating that comfortable, and if I wanted friendlies I was able to find an open spot somewhere usually; but if I just wanted to chill and watch some of the finals and semifinals that acceptable too.

Sooo yeah, early in the day= "OH GOD WHAT DID I DO WRONG" while later was "oh hey this is nice".

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
also, new discussion should be the venue/lack of setups/lack of space.

one great part of being at a tournament is the fact that we can watch high profile matches. but due to the way the venue was set up, i was afraid to watch many matches at all for fear of being screamed at and going deaf within two minutes of the match. Although i understand the necessity for the business to keep aisles open, it really took away from the tournament experience to not be able to watch matches and stand and converse with fellow smashers without bothering the people who did pay to be there.

discuss?
This was the next thing I was going to discuss actually.

Gamefrog has potential to be a great venue. The first BAC was very chill and very fun. This tournament was not.

Like Chris said, it was basically impossible to have more than 3 or 4 people watching a match, much less get hyped because any time a crowd gathered either Maria or a staff member would come through RUDELY telling people to move.

This was ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

There are multiple ways to move through those aisles; people walking through are just as capable of walking behind the couches as we are sitting on them. Were they worried about it hurting business? I'm pretty sure that every person in there paid $5 just to be there, and then however much more to participate. They made at least $200-$300 in door fees, and we can't stand and watch/hype our friends matches? That is part of what we paid to be there for! The employees (including Maria) were absolutely obnoxious about this and I know A LOT of people were getting really aggravated.

The way the venue was set up was just bad. I realize not all of this could be helped, but TV's will produce crowds and if you stack TV's you will compound people, Put it near or in front of the door and you have no right to complain about people blocking the doorway.

Next was the lack of setups. I don't know who to blame for this one but it was a real issue. Heading into the latter part of the day, there were at least 25 people left trying to play Melee and 3 Melee setups. Brawl took up setups brought for Melee forever and lasted as long as it does because people who should have been DQ'd were not, but I can be gone for 30minutes with no warning the tournament was starting, no phone calls to check on where several of us had left (anyone could have made this call) and no actual announcement that Melee singles was starting (Dylan told me this for a fact). But I'll talk about this more in a later post. Digressing, I actually got into it with Maria at one point because I switched my TV back to Melee when I found it sitting without anyone playing on it and EVERY Melee TV had a 4 or 5 person rotation, which is ********.

Anyway, I'll stop for now and wait for more feedback.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
For the last time, I was very annoyed, newly high and not warmed up when we played and I still took you to third match against a character I can't take seriously. What makes you think anything about the results of that match were reflective at all or anything? I know you're just gonna say "johns etc" but any of those things are legit enough reasons for the set to not to mean much to me. I thought I made it clear in PM's just how much I don't care about playing against Jiggs so you should probably not keep using that as a basis for how you'd do otherwise.

And yes, you probably would have beat my Falco because Jiggs vs Falco is ********. I was just saying, he's my best character and you've never seen me play him.
God ****it, josh. Way to jump into the ****.

*kevin nanney headshake of disapproval*

Successful troll is successful.
*Mike G headnod of approval*

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
God ****it, josh. Way to jump into the ****.

*kevin nanney headshake of disapproval*

Successful troll is successful.
*Mike G headnod of approval*
More like, obvious troll is obvious.

But you can't say stuff like that after having insulted someone's skill and then be like JKjusttrolling.

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
This was fun.

SleepyK and MikeG - You guys are awesome, I was really glad I got to play you both. (I was the random Marth that friendlied you guys near the end of the night).

Ocean - You're the man. We never played though. :(

Diatenshi - Lol, fun matches. You should have had that last one, for sure.

Lozr - It's about time I actually play you. Way too much fun bro. Gotta do more matches some time.

Gardevoir - Good games.

Slasher King - What a beast.

Justice - Great meeting you. You're so nice, and the matches we played were really fun.

BlackChris - GGs.

Moophobia - Why's this Doc ****** me? Too good bro.

Josh - Fun matches.

CrystalNite - Enjoyed getting to play you again, fun stuff.

JMH - Prepare yourself better next time dude.

Maria - Good tournament, thanks for making it happen.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna continue this argument; I would just like to point out that the two people who commented on my post obviously didn't read it all (crio and snap). As far as I can tell (I have searched a lot) MLG has made no such ruling. And to Crio, why is that you should arbitrarily be given a loss to a suicide move. My post said that I was under the influence that a victory screen determined the winner. As such, bowser's suicide move does not give a victory screen. So I was not concerned looking out for it. I didn't even take that match seriously. Zelda works bowser to horribly to be trying. I was just trying fancy stuff because I know I can 3-stock most bowsers any day of the week. That's why I tried unneccesary spikes and teleport cancels. If I was worried about a bowser suicide move I would have kept the battle at the center of the stage and/or prevent him from getting in reach of me. But like I said I thought the ruling had changed and as such I wasn't worried about it. But back to snap, if MLG doesn't have a stated ruling on it and the game does not give it a victory screen, then what process would determines who wins? You don't actually need to answer; that was just a rhetorical question. Like I said, its a moot point and not worth arguing because the people on here don't even want to consider the argument. Just say stupid stuff like you deserve to lose to a suicide move (which I would agree with had I known that I would have lost to it).

Well let's see.

It's your last stock, and you're bad enough to stay near the ledge so a bowser even has the option to claw you. That's nobodies fault but your own. I have no sympathy at all for people that die to suicide moves. They're SOOOO easy to avoid. Not to mention you're talking so much about how bad he was. Then you're pretty awful for losing to him.

It's your hubris that led to your loss, nothing more and nothing less. The fact that you even tried to argue your deserved loss just makes you look pathetic.
EDIT: I'm MAD late to respond to this, but I'm still right so I'm leaving it up.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer

Another successful Mahone trolling. <3

Maybe we should all just tell our opponent how much a set means to us before we start on a 1-10 scale.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Wow. I actually just finished reading through 15 pages of this crap?

Josh johns about Jiggs, but that's nothing new honestly. It happens.

Mahone uses the pretext of "trolling" basically to allow him to say whatever he wants. That's a massive straw man argument and has rendered his arguing skills invalid.

Keith trolls.

The rest of SWF breaks off into two groups and respectively **** rides whichever person they want.

---------------

Shoutouts!

Kevin :)

Yay :) Cool face

Maria :)

Josh :)

Bden :)

Mike G :) :)

Sleeeeeeepy :)

Jim :)

Alex (all of them) :)

Smith :)

Behr :)

Gofg :)

Ocean :)

Cam :)

Snap :)

Cory :)

Moo :)

Dop :)

Rag :)

Fiz :)

Rohan :)

The people I played in brawl :(

I think that's everyone. I'm bad at remembering though.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
This was the next thing I was going to discuss actually.

Gamefrog has potential to be a great venue. The first BAC was very chill and very fun. This tournament was not.

Like Chris said, it was basically impossible to have more than 3 or 4 people watching a match, much less get hyped because any time a crowd gathered either Maria or a staff member would come through RUDELY telling people to move.

This was ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

There are multiple ways to move through those aisles; people walking through are just as capable of walking behind the couches as we are sitting on them. Were they worried about it hurting business? I'm pretty sure that every person in there paid $5 just to be there, and then however much more to participate. They made at least $200-$300 in door fees, and we can't stand and watch/hype our friends matches? That is part of what we paid to be there for! The employees (including Maria) were absolutely obnoxious about this and I know A LOT of people were getting really aggravated.

The way the venue was set up was just bad. I realize not all of this could be helped, but TV's will produce crowds and if you stack TV's you will compound people, Put it near or in front of the door and you have no right to complain about people blocking the doorway.

Next was the lack of setups. I don't know who to blame for this one but it was a real issue. Heading into the latter part of the day, there were at least 25 people left trying to play Melee and 3 Melee setups. Brawl took up setups brought for Melee forever and lasted as long as it does because people who should have been DQ'd were not, but I can be gone for 30minutes with no warning the tournament was starting, no phone calls to check on where several of us had left (anyone could have made this call) and no actual announcement that Melee singles was starting (Dylan told me this for a fact). But I'll talk about this more in a later post. Digressing, I actually got into it with Maria at one point because I switched my TV back to Melee when I found it sitting without anyone playing on it and EVERY Melee TV had a 4 or 5 person rotation, which is ********.

Anyway, I'll stop for now and wait for more feedback.
A lot of this reminds me of MLG, they're for some reason really particular about where you are when matches are being played and it's rather annoying but when it all comes down to it there are 3-4 refs/TOs and when you have 10x that amount of players it's really easy to get away with stuff. I would frequently be asked to move at MLG/BAC and wait 10sec for the ref/TO to walk off and then resume w/e i was doing bc honestly they're making a big deal out of nothing.

bad to say this as I am also a TO but it's the truth. Where people sit/stand should not be a concern when your tournament is 3-6hr behind schedule.

Foxy

Smash Master
I don't understand why people are still so concerned about proving their skill, or winning matches, or having people treat them as skilled players

I don't know, I thought that left everyone at one point or another. It's just smash.

I went 1-2 in singles in Melee and didn't even get in singles for Brwal because I was also green greens'd (and who knows, it's Foxy we're talking about) but I haven't mentioned it even once until now. It really doesn't matter.

It just seems to insignificant and it confuses me when I see people talking so seriously about it

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people are still so concerned about proving their skill, or winning matches, or having people treat them as skilled players

I don't know, I thought that left everyone at one point or another. It's just smash.

I went 1-2 in singles in Melee and didn't even get in singles for Brwal because I was also green greens'd (and who knows, it's Foxy we're talking about) but I haven't mentioned it even once until now. It really doesn't matter.

It just seems to insignificant and it confuses me when I see people talking so seriously about it
If this were FB I would like this SO hard.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i agree with foxy, but not in that depressing of a way.

i think it's ok to want to be **** at smash, but trying to create the façade that ur good by focusing on little bull**** things is not ok, imo.

if you don't win the **** tournament then chill out. cuz u suck.

foxy, you better cpgg with me asap.

ben did you make any progress this weekend lol?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
What Foxy said.

Also, alcohol ****s your smash up more than weed. Seems like sometimes, I'd space out in smash while high and get a lot of good reads or something.

Then again, sometimes, I'm also like 'hurrrrrr I wanna just spam falcon's dash attack. So good'.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Alright, so the Mahone/Josh thing seems to be cleared up. Any more posts on the subject and I'll start infracting because it's pretty much played out fully now.

The birthday party thing that caused people to be told to move was sprung on Maria with no warning a few days before the tournament. Has she known this sooner, then I doubt Maria would have held the tournament that day or at least tried to find a different way to run it(prepare better basically). She had no control over it and this type of issue shouldn't happen again because of how much of a pain it was for ALL parties involved.

BRAWL PLAYERS/PEOPLE HELD UP IN TOURNAMENT, PLEASE READ!!!!!

If you want to blame a particular person for having the tournament run so late, then you can feel safe placing that blame on me. I stepped out just after I signed up for Brawl singles and Melee LT teams and had played some Brawl teams in order to pick up Cam. I could give excuses about why I took longer than expected, but it honestly doesn't matter. I thought I would be gone half an hour tops, and instead I was gone for around an hour and 15 minutes I believe. That halted all brackets(save Melee singles, but that was GFs and Yay and I agreed to play it out later) and I was not immediately obligated to pick up Cam so my decision to halt the brackets was my own. Maria assumed I would not be gone as long as I did, plus I had Karn tell her that I wouldn't be gone for long, so she had no real reason to DQ me because she figured I would be returning soon. I should have informed her when I realized I would have taken longer than I thought to just DQ me partially or fully from any event I was holding up because I knew that things might take a while leaving the venue and the time I was gone was extremely long.

I have nothing to say for myself except I am sorry for making a bad tournament experience worse, and I would like to extend a special apology to Biglou and all of GA for holding them up going home, as well as to Maria for making this tournament that much more difficult for her.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
****it omni i edited because i didn't want to reveal that i was that desperate to smoke with austin.

@Brawl players: I BROKE THE DAM.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
ur all in. just find a way to come to CH sometime this week and it's happening.

or whenever.... DJ's tourney or something.

blunt-tastic.

also, kevin thanks for pickin me up it was great to see u :)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Cam, I'm not blaming you bro. I really wanted to see you so I took the risk of getting DQ'd and messing everything up anyway. Pretty selfish of me. I deserve any berating or exclusion from future events or whatever I receive.

<3 ya man.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
dude, i know. i still sort of blame myself cuz ur such a nice guy, of course if i asked you would probably come. i should have considered the other people, but then i remembered that they play brawl so they deserve to be camped irl.

it was just great to see ya after such a while.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm pissed the **** off that PP delayed everything forever.

Also I believe I am a far better player than anyone that beat me in tournament and basically believe they didn't beat me.

I think this post will fit in fine here...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
dude, i know. i still sort of blame myself cuz ur such a nice guy, of course if i asked you would probably come. i should have considered the other people, but then i remembered that they play brawl so they deserve to be camped irl.

it was just great to see ya after such a while.
Don't blame yourself, I obviously could have found someone like(oh look) Diatenshi who could have easily gotten you. I rushed out and I have to take full responsibility for that.

That car ride WAS mad legit though haha. It was good catching up. =)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'm pissed the **** off that PP delayed everything forever.

Also I believe I am a far better player than anyone that beat me in tournament and basically believe they didn't beat me.

I think this post will fit in fine here...
Best post in the thread so far! LOL <3

Also love to PP, again don't sweat it. It worked out in the end with GA :)

And Cam is a bro so it's all good :)

Top Bottom