• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL (WA) Thread

Faduger

Smash Rookie
sorry for leaving like so quickly, i thought i lost my keys....turns out they were around my neck...lol, anyways it was inspirational to play you guys...maybe ill come back when i practice some more..tell me how the b.c. tourny went..peace--Jared

Rat

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm back from college for 2 weeks and am looking for a place to play. There was a smash fest last friday? Are you guys going to have another one/tournament again in the next 2 weeks?

thanks

Yagi

Smash Ace
yeah, i will be at my place friday night. blair mentioned he would stop by too. so it looks like i will be having another smashfest this friday, so anyone is welcome to come by.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Went to CJ's house last weekend. I met Smasher for the first time. Played melee!

People who was there - Kei, Thunders, AK, Farce, Aniki, CJ, and Smasher. Unfortunately Masashi had work so he couldn't make it =(.

I played Aniki and CJ most of the time. seems like my peach does well against jpn smashers more than my fox so ive been playing peach more lately.

Smashers Link was very good, I played him my fox vs his link and i went 4-3 but all were close matches.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
So who's all going to the smashfest on Friday? I'm going to try to go. What time is everyone showing up/leaving?

EDIT: I won't be able to go to this, because it starts pretty much right when I get into Washington.

Are there going to be any more smashfests or tournaments in Washington planned this month aside from the Team Meow one? I'm almost definetely not going to be able to go to that, because it's so far away from where I will be staying (Bellingham).

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
so i pretty much cant make it AGAIN because my parents are insane. I'll have to have you guys over some time so they can meet you and understand your not crazy LOL

I still wanna boozer ditto MM you sillyfox ;)

Yagi

Smash Ace
i was thinking about having a gathering this friday and saturday, if people are interested... so if people want to come go ahead. i might make a new topic for this so some new people might see it.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Heck yes, I would. I'm trying to go to the Richland tournament, and if I do, I probably won't be back until Friday evening. So if it's on Saturday, or if I can't make it to the tournament, then I'll almost definetely be coming.

This is awesome! I was waiting for you guys to have another Smash event. By the way, why isn't anyone from Skypal going to the Richland tournament? If any of you guys do go, do you think I could hitch a ride with you?

Also, where will this thing be at, and what kind of event is it going to be? Just a huge 2 day smashfest?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I'm VERY interested.

Variety counters gimpyfish i'm pretty sure LOL but i'm not playing very smart vs him... and i use bowser so thats a problem vs his shiek especially LOL one grab and i die T-T

LOL who marked this? i suppose your right ;) shhh dont tell...

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Jeff is your Aim name really Uberveggie? I never seen you online before.
we need to play mkds

froshaz?

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
Bellevue? SSB:M? Oh, oh, can I join, can I join, PLEEEEEEEASE?? *end little kid rant*

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
gonna goto tokyo soon. lets see theres gonna be lots of famous people im gonna go meet.

Mikael, Korius, Rain, Fumi, BombSoldier, Disk, Zeruo, etc

I'll post my tourney report soon as i get back.
There will be a double elim 1v1 best of 3 tourney and a random(team mate) 3v3 crew battle.

Mikael said he will record matches :)

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
CAOTIC said:
I dunno... I LOL @ Nintendo Power more for stating the Wavedash/Hover is handsdown the most difficult move to master in the game... LOL. And then there's terms like Grabby McGrabberton... where to start, LOL.
Grabby McGrabberton, ahahaha.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
since i dont have much time right now ill just post the results of the tokyo ranking battle 5

random 3on3
1st Mikael, Zeruo, Tokutachi
2nd CJ, Shino, White Luigi
3rd Aniki, Nago, Anpan
3rd thunders, Jeel, zaki

1v1 (ended up being single elim best of 3)
1st Mikael
2nd BombSoldier
3rd Korius
3rd Masashi
5th Kei
5th CJ
5th Thunders
5th Zeruo
9th AK
9th Wakaba
9th Rain
9th So-Me (pronounced like meh)

west japan vs east japan crew battle
West 6 people vs east like 28 people lol
Winner East

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Tokyo Ranking Battle 1-15-06

So heres my report... will be long post

1-13
So me, Thunders, AK, Hiko, CJ, and Aniki bought bus tickets to goto tokyo(about $85). Apparantly Masashi bought Bullet Train ticket (about $200).
Our Bus leaves at 11pm and arrives to tokyo at 6am. I decided to goto Hakase's house to go play smash with thunders and Hakase and goto the bus station with Thunders. So from 3pm to about 9pm I smashed with Hakase and thunders. Hakase is the best luigi player in japan. He was beating me and thunders lol. We taped matches so once those get finished you might be able to see them except Thunders matches since he doesnt upload vids of him unless he says its ok(which means all the vids that are up in the internet are the ones when he isnt doing good).
So Thunders and I meet up with the rest at the bus station and leave to goto tokyo. The bus ride was bad since it was so hot in there so I couldnt sleep. But when I actually got to sleep I would wake up since it was so hot i was sweating crazy.

1-14
We arrive to tokyo, we head to Mikael's house, Masashi was already there, they were playing One Piece Grand Battle 3 lol. So we play smash, I was too tired so I slept. Around noon we goto arcade to go play GGXX. Apparantly the arcade we went to the manager there was Japan #1 Ky player. Masashi(May player) asked if he could play him, Masashi lost the first match 3-0 but then the next match he won 3-0. The second Masashi won the Ky player was making Johns all over the place like I havent played in a long time hehe I'm rusty. Me CJ and Aniki played for the first time and we were having fun playing eachother lol. We go eat and when we got back I Katsuo(peach player) was there. I played few matches with him, won most of them. Also played few matches with Mikael, lost all. I goto sleep once again. Few hours later Korius came over, so I play him a few matches, lost all.
around 10pm Me Thunders, and Hiko goto Buta's house to sleep over. When we got there there was Haku(marth player), So-me(falco player), and Fumi(you guys know who he is). Buta doesnt play ssbm seriously so he didn't play much. I played Haku and So-me most of the time. I lost to Haku most of the time but won most of the time against So-me. I played Fumi only twice with my fox and I won once and lost once. I goto sleep around 3am to get a good amount of sleep this time.

1-15
Wake up around 7am, play some matches, goto the tournament! There was 48 people with only 5 TVs so I couldn't play that much friendlys. So we get ready for random 3v3 crew battle.

3v3 random crew battle
I team with Pa-pi-pe-a and Hisen. I ask who they use, Pikachu, and YLink..... hmm ok this is good.... looks over who we play first, yay we play Korius, BombSoldier, and Botamochi. Korius went first and beat Hisen(Ylink), then he beat Pa-pi-pe-a(pika), then he 2 stocked me... So our team loses to Korius game over =(. In the finals, Mikael vs CJ was really impressive. Mikael's peach godly and beats CJ so Mikael team wins.
1st Mikael, Zeruo(Falcon), and Tokutaki(fox?)
2nd CJ(sheik), Shino(sheik), White Luigi(Marth, Sheik, Fox)
3rd Aniki(Samus, Link), Nago(sheik), Anpan(marth?)
3rd Thunders, Jeel(Link), Zaki(sheik)

1v1s
The rule set was, Round 1(best of 1), we split into pools of 4, top 2 advance. Round 2(best of 1), pools of 4 again and top 2 advance. Round 3(best of 3), with 12 people left, we use a 16 man bracket and people with the most points(how many stocks left when you win) in Round 2 gets a bye.

Round 1
So my 1st round pool had Korius :( , Abu(marth player), and Karasawa(IC player). I thought I was done after seeing 2 marth players OTL. So I play Karasawa first, of course I choose Peach and I get a steady win(2stock). Then I play Korius next. Fox vs Marth, I was doing pretty good getting up throw up aerials in. Both last stock i was around 20-30%ish Korius about 80-90%, he grabs me and hits me out of the stage, I hesitate and try to Fox illusion towards him and he jabs me(I thought it was over after he did that). Fortunately he misses his spike after I up-b to the stage. And I B-air him for the finish. Yes I won I was really happy and got revenge from the random 3v3. Next match against Abu, he might of been scared to use marth since I beat Korius so he chose peach against my fox. I get a steady win so I advance the next round 1st seed =). Korius advances with 2nd seed.

Round 2
Next round I play Zeruo, White Luigi and Kaku. First I play Kaku. Young Link player so I chose Peach. I 2 stock him but I thought he was just as good as Chu Dat's YLink. Next I play White Luigi fox vs fox, it was a close match but I shine him last stock to get the win. Then I play Zeruo Falcon... He was god... his falcon 3 stocked me. At this point Me 2-1 Zeruo 2-1 and White Luigi 2-1 three way tie so we play again. I play WL first fox ditto again and beat him last stock close match again. WL beats Zeruo. Then I lose to Zeruo again now by 2 stock OTL. Seriously his falcon reminded me of Isai. Whenever I tech I get kneed and when ever I dont tech he D-airs me into Knee. So 3 way tie again so we play again. I play WL first again he chooses Marth this time and I stay fox. 3 stock him ftw. WL beats Zeruo again, then my fox loses to Zeruo again.... you see a pattern here? I was soo tired at this point. So this time I play Zeruo first and I choose Peach to up throw chain him. It worked I get the win but close match. Then Zeruo beats WL. So if I beat WL it will be over... fox ditto and I lose OTL. Yay going into the 4th 3 way tie breaker. I play Zeuro first again and beat him with my peach again. Next Zeruo beats WL fox. This time I choose Peach against WL and he chooses Sheik. I ended up 2 stocking him and Finally this round was over. Zeruo got 1st seed since he beat me more and I got 2nd seed.

Final 12
So the top 12 was Me, Thunders, Mikael, Korius, CJ, Masashi, Rain, Zeruo, AK, BombSoldier, So-me, and Wakaba. First Rnd Mikael gets bye, Thunders beats So-me, Masashi gets a bye, CJ beats Rain, Zeruo gets a bye, Korius beats Wakaba, BombSoldier gets a bye, and I play AK. So I play AK first round Falco vs Peach. All 3 matches were really close matches and I win 2-1. 2nd Rnd Mikael beats Thunders, Masashi beats CJ, Korius beats Zeruo, and I play... the famous BombSoldier :ohwell: . The first match was close but he B-airs me for the finish. Next match I couldn't chain grab him for some reason and get 2 stocked. So game over for me. Semi Final Mikael beats Thunders, and BombSoldier beats Korius. Finals Mikael beats BombSoldier 2-1 and wins the tourney. Congrats Mikael!
1st Mikael
2nd BombSoldier
3rd Korius
3rd Masashi
5th Kei
5th CJ
5th Thunders
5th Zeruo
9th AK
9th Wakaba
9th Rain
9th So-Me

West Japan vs East Japan
West Japan included included Me, AK, Thunders, Aniki, CJ, and Hiko. Masashi had to leave to catch his bullet train. East Japan included anyone who wanted to particpate lol. There was about 25 people in the East Japan team. Thunders decide to go first. He beats about 5 people and loses to Haku(marth). Hiko comes in and beats Haku and about 4 more people and then loses to P3G(IC player). Then I come in and beat P3G, Shu(sheik), Shino(sheik), white luigi(fox), Showers(Doc), and Fumi. Then Zeruo falcon comes in and he beats my peach this time. My match against Fumi was so close. I was around 160% last stock Fumi around 70-80ish I forgot. I get him out of the stage and edgehog, he uses his double jump and gets close to the edge. I thought he was gonna air dodge towards the stage but he decides to F-air me while hanging on the edge. He hits me but I meteor recover just in time so he dies first. The crowed was all amazed lol. AK beats Zeruo, and some random player I forgot. Then he loses to So-me. Aniki comes in with his Link and beats So-me's falco. then He beats Zaki(sheik), Nago(sheik), Korius, and Mikael with Samus. He loses to Rain's fox barely. At this point CJ was our last hope and East had Rain and BombSoldier left. Rain defeated CJ and East Japan defeats West Japan lol. We taped all the West vs East matches so hopefully those will get uploaded soon. Aniki was the MVP since he beat so many good people with his samus.

Was a fun tourney and was fun writing this report(took over an hour). Im gonna proof read this later and maybe will edit things I missed.

edit - This was FD only Tourney
edit - 3v3 and 1v1 was 4 stock and West vs East was 3 stock

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT said:
Why was it an FD only tourney?

Any vids of Mikaels Peach?
because thats how the east japan people play.

CJ has the vids so he might upload it on his website when hes done with them

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
something happening next weekend? Im in O.K. now, so I will have some spirt with me.

btw silly is a 5th seed gay daiseki

LIL_yagi_POOP

Smash Journeyman
uh oh blairs got the spirit with him again!?!?1 i dont know if i can handle that again hahah

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
I found something great to go along with the spirit, also I found something jermery would really like. Especially coming form the bible captial.

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
im going. When I get there kei we must have a money match. I want to see all the practice you have gotten.

Top Bottom