• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL (WA) Thread

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
very very good news. according to the latest weekly famitsu, it said that Sakurai will be the director for Smash revolution. Sakurai directed smash 64, ssbm, and also kirby's super star for SNES. the japanese are very very happy about this and of course me too. but still have to worry about the controller.....

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
So, Kei, I'm going to guess there is no game news, like new characters, modes, stages, etc. over in Japan right now? You should tell us if any of your Famitsu's ever get any of that info! I need something to take my mind off of playing Soul Caliber 3...

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
calm down jeff sorry no info yet. you guys should have a skypal next weekend

Aftermath

Smash Champion
craziness. I know that the first hit of the upB was changed a bit, from what you told me and some tests. What changed with the utilt, like mor knockback or something? Sorry to be so curious, but now i think i will go look for some 1.0s to bring with me to tournaments.

jrta

Smash Ace
Yes a skypal on thanskgiving weekend would be good :p. Jeff you should quit playing a garbage game like SC3 and start playing MvC2 instead.

jrta

Smash Ace
By thanksgiving weekend I mean saturday. Up to the rest of the SKYPAL guys though.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
this weekend i went to Ikkis house for the first time and it was really fun.
I met Ikki, Yuki(Ikki's wife), Masumune(Ikki's son), and Brown Mario for the first time.
There was Thunders, Farce, Hiko, and Kazuki(aka gentelmen aka Kein).

Ikki - really good peach. played peach vs peach 3 times won once. played with fox twice and won once.
Brown Mario - not as good as before since he doesnt play anymore but was still really good. can play any character well.
Hiko - japanese falcos are too good
Farce - cant beat him with fox but 50/50 with my peach
thunders - probably lost more than won
Kazuki - doesnt even play melee anymore at all lol

Most of the time we played a PC game called Melty Blood which is a fighting game and that game was really cool. Then since there was 8 people we went out to go buy Mario Party 7 which was really really fun too. I recomend getting MP7and play with 8 people. Yuki and Kazuki and I played Tetris attack too but they werent that good but still enjoyed playing them.

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
OMGZ, Kei, you're going to visit one day and destroy us more than before!

Anyway, I'll be over on that Saturday if there actually is some shindig going on.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
OMGZ Jeff and George you guys need to calm down and quit playing garbage games like SC3 and MvC2 and start playing Melty Blood instead.

I forgot to mention Sakurai also was the director/Game designer for Meteos. notice all the games he designed has a unique menu screen. specially Meteos and SSBM menus are similar IMO.

Nintendo president Iwata apparantly said if Sakurai didnt accept the job offer they were just gonna make SSBM online capable for the revolution. Sakurai took the job offer so im guessing they are not going to anymore but I wish they still do make SSBM online capable.

Yagi

Smash Ace
seems like a lot of people want me to hold a smashfest this saturday. so, there is going to be a smashfest at my place this saturday. if you need the address or something then let me know.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
GOOD NEWS! I'll bring stuff so that I can record!

Anyone else whose coming bring a VCR and a tape and i'll try to get some vids up the following weekend!

Let me know if you can, i'm sure we only need like 2 vcr's and i might be able to bring my own!

I look forward to playing all of you!

The Yak

Smash Rookie
Jinky Williams said:
I'd be interested in the Thanksgiving weekend thing. Shoot some days up. I have a friend who lives next door who'd be interested to, likely.
I'm Jinky's friend and I would indeed be interested.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
you guys should have a mini tournament or somthing. and also if MP7 is out get some mario party 8 player action going too. I will be attending Ikki's tourney this weekend too so wish me luck on the 27th =p.

jrta

Smash Ace
As usual, I will try to arrive in the afternoon and then I have plans again in the evening =\.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Bah, i'd love to go, but i gotta leave on saturday to avoid the bad traffic over the pass.
Stupid traffic! >_<
Oh well, maybe there will be something over Christmas Break.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
traffic? thats just your excuse ;)

I will probably be getting to skypal later than earlier stated. Will probably show up at 4 PM if not later than that (have to see a lady friend of mine ;) )

I'm still going to be recording when I get there if at all possible!

See you guys soon ;)

jrta

Smash Ace
I will be arriving early afternoon when everyone is still asleep, but any time after like 1ish would probably be fine?

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
I just got back from Ikki's tournament and with only 1hr of sleep I did better than i thought. I will write a summary of basically what went on. this might be my longest post ever!

Day before the tourney
I went to AK's house to sleep over so we could all go together to Ikki's tournament.
people who was there
AK
Thunders
Farce
Aniki
Shadow Fox(fox player)
Brown Mario
Kuro(fox player)
Kei

We did a little tournament with 2 characters double elim 4 stock best of 1.
so i chooses fox and peach. First rnd my fox plays AK falco. basically he had me the whole match he ended up 2 stocking me. my first rnd peach plays Kuro's fox, i basically had him the whole match i 3 stock him. my fox plays farce doc in the losers. it was a close match but he ends up d smashing me for the finish. my fox 2 and out yay. my next opponent with peach was Kuro sheik, i basically had him the whole match again i end up 2 stocking him. then next i play aniki link. the whole match went pretty much even each of us throwing projectiles all over the place. our last stock i was around 177 and he was around 130 i d smash him for the win and i goto winners finals. i meat AK falco in the winners finals. chain throw likes and i 2 stock him. AK falco ends up coming back and he beats me the first match but i win the next to win the little tourney.

results
1 - Kei Peach
2 - AK falco
3 - Thunders Fox
4 - Farce Doc
5 - Aniki Link
5 - Aniki Samus

we decide to sleep around 5am and we had to wake up at 8:30ish but AK, Farce, Aniki, and Brown Mario kept talking so i couldnt really sleep which was why i only got like 1 hr sleep.

So the Actual tournament (47 participants)

this tournament was intended to be a fun tournament so we had several random tourneys in there too.

First tourney - free for all with all stages and all items(normal) 5min melee
with top 2 advancing.
my first rnd Hakase and CJ. only 3 people since we couldnt split up people evenly. Hakase and I move on to next rnd lol. next round Masashi and I move up. next round Unbaba and I move up. next round brown mario and Hashimo move up. ya i got eliminated here. pretty random stages and items but it was fun.
results
1 - Aniki (samus)
i dont remember the rest but it should be up on the web sometime soon

second tourney - 1v1 4 stock best of 1 single elim, items all on(normal), stages, yoshi story, fountain of dreams, FD, Dreamland, and battle field
first round i fight random mario. 3 stock him. next round i fight kuro. 3 stock him. next round i fight Kou i 2 stock him. next round i fight brown mario i lose... brown mario last stock 30%ish. brown mario is too good with items... btw CJ loses first round to Farce lol
results
1 - Aniki (samus) again
2 - brown mario
3 - s-royal

third tourney - low tier tourney 4 stock best of 1 single elim stages FD and Dream Land. available characters - kirby, ness, zelda, roy, bowser, DK, mewtwo, pichu, yoshi, MrG&W.
first round i lose to Aniki ness i used roy lol game over. Masashi roy loses to AK pichu first round btw lol.
results
1 - CJ Zelda
2 - Thunders Kirby, Zelda
3 - Brown Mario Pichu

fourth tourney - actual tourney lol. 1v1 4 stock best of 1 no items stages - FD and dream land. first round pool of 4 people top 2 advance. second round pool of 3 people top 2 advance. third round pool of 4 top 2 advance. 4th round top 8 people doing single elim best of 3

So my first round i fight KogeTan IC player, and 2 random people. I use peach all the way and go 3-0
second round im in pool with Unbaba(fox) and ruiby(kirby). i go 2-0 to get top seed in this one too.
third round was a nightmare. im in pool with CJ, Thunders, and Farce. reminded me of Chirs' pool at FC a little.
CJ goes 3-0 and I somehow go 2-1 to advance to the top 8 single elim bracket.

I lose to Aniki first round and get tied for whatever with s-royal(lost to AK), Ma-Tan(lost to CJ), and Brown Mario(lost to Hiko).
2nd round AK beats CJ and Aniki beats Hiko
finals Aniki beats AK

results
1 - Aniki (samus) Triple Crown
2 - AK (falco Pikachu)
3 - CJ (sheik)
3 - Hiko (falco)
5 - Kei (peach fox marth sheik)
5 - s-royal(doc marth)
5 - Brown Mario(luigi mario)
5 - Ma-Tan(peach)

It was a very very fun day and Im glad i was able to goto this tourney. Aniki's samus=top tier

Edit - people i thought was really good that i met for the first time
Hashimo - Link
KogeTan - IC
Hakase - Luigi
Ma-Tan - Peach
Unbaba - Fox

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Heh, the famous SkyPal crew, eh? I hope to see some of you at the upcoming tournaments in Oregon and/or the tri-cities area. I'm at school in Rexburg, Idaho right now, but I'm coming home in mid-December (to Richland). Team ValleyGuard had a good run having only existed for about a month. It'll fall apart when this semester ends. As you can probably see, I've already sold my soul to Team Meow in the tri-cities.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
I doubt the skypal people will travel to oregon or tri-cities unless the cash prize is worth the trip =p

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Takagi said:
I doubt the skypal people will travel to oregon or tri-cities unless the cash prize is worth the trip =p
Hehehe... That never stops me. I anticipate having a net loss after my trip to Roy, Utah for a tournament down there. Then again, you can only afford to do that so many times, right? Plus, even if the pot were big enough, what if you lost? :laugh:

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
Kei, you're my hero, but you should calm down! If you were calm you would've won the whole thing! It's funny actually, Kei and I are in similar situations! You're getting to play really good new players over in Japan and I'm getting to play a schmorgishboard of scrubs and poopy players! We'll just see whose comp is better!

And just to let you know Kei, we got Mario Party 7 because you said so. But we're never doing a 30 turn game again!

J Dawg

Smash Cadet
I am about 2 hours from there and am looking for a tourney. tell me when you are holding one. that would be cool.

Top Bottom