• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL (WA) Thread

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Little introduction about SKYPAL
SKYPAL is a crew in WA mainly in the Bellevue area and is the best crew in WA. Im making this thread so whoever wants to challange or just play with us can post here. Unfortunately im now living in Japan so you guys wont get to meet me but here are the members.

Yagi
VarietyBarrage
Sastopher
1psemet aka j-dawg
CauthonLuck
Silly Fox aka Yosh
Stition
Balefireboy aka BJ
Takagi aka Kei
jrta aka UW--->Google George

--failed member--
Derilink

I will sometimes post whats up in Japan and my tourney experiences here incase someone wonders.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
xD
how does one become a "failed member"?

If only I was still in Seattle...maybe over Thanksgiving, Christmas, MidWinter, or Spring Break I'll get to play...

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
you guys dont post here anymore that often so i dont know whats up with WA smashers so you guys should post here so i know whats going on in WA. ^^

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
We've got some crews training in the Tri-Cities right now. We're hoping to play most of Washington if we get a chance, so keep an eye out for one of our tournaments during the holiday season and see if any of you guys could come!

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Im always in if skypal is there! james would give me a ride right? lol well if not id find a way down there later guys I hope to hear more of you

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
In the latest Famitsu Cube (Japanese GC magazine), they decided to do the same thing Nintendo Power did. There was an aritcle about SSBM techniques.

They called wave dashing "hovering" - why the hell is it hovering lol
and they showed some "hovering" techniques.
fox - reflector - hover - reflector - hover (ok lets learn one of the hardest thing to do first...)
falcon - knee - L cancel - hover - run and chase to follow up(umm how about no hover and just run...)
throw projectile - when enemy shields, hover and grab(how about just running and grab...)

yea so LOL at Nintendo Power and LOL at Famitsu Cube.
there was more things in there but i cant think of it off top of my head so I'll post later about it

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I dunno... I LOL @ Nintendo Power more for stating the Wavedash/Hover is handsdown the most difficult move to master in the game... LOL. And then there's terms like Grabby McGrabberton... where to start, LOL.

Silly Fox

Smash Journeyman
lets all go bowling this friday (veterans day) the veterans will appreciate the fact that we are bowling for them because did you know that the first sport that the first veteran played was bowling? its true look it up at www.firstveteransports.com. your face. im serious dont even not believe me its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious

Skypal #2,333,4444,,5,5,6,,7,77777,,44.12345

Where: Joshes house
When: that one time
Who: you
Why: to play video games

Directions: take a left from your house.

bring your own controllers or else you will be asked if you want to borrow one
there will be drinks and soda pop but if you want food bring approximately somewhere around 5 dollars.

contact number: joshes phone number

if you need more information message me on AIM: Giyogeson2

if you need less information you can also message me

banned stages: every stage is on except for the bad stage

tournament cost: we usually have somewhere between $1-100 tourney entry fee so just bring anywhere from 1-100 dollars. the more money you bring the better chance you have of bringing the right amount. for example: if you bring $43, then you have a 43% chance of bringing the right amount. its basic math.

p.s. if you are smiling you cant come

p.s. this skypal we have a special guest... if you dont come you wont know so come and you will know. its basic math to show why if you come you will know who the special guest is.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, I'm out. i smiled after i read "if you bring $43, then you have a 43% chance of bringing the right amount. its basic math." Also, if i take a left turn from my house, it's south, so it may take me a while longer than most times (if i can even come). What time were you planning bowling?

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
if you bring $43, then you have a 43% chance of bringing the right amount. its basic math.
uhh no. the chances are way way way lower... calm downz silly. think about it its basic math
:laugh:

Yagi

Smash Ace
Silly Fox said:
lets all go bowling this friday (veterans day) the veterans will appreciate the fact that we are bowling for them because did you know that the first sport that the first veteran played was bowling? its true look it up at www.firstveteransports.com. your face. im serious dont even not believe me its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious
too bad i'm going to disneyland thursday morning. its true look it up at www.yagigoestodisneylandonthursday.com. your face. im serious dont even not believe me its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious its true im serious

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
oh yea i sheena said something about that before i left. how long are you gonna be in Cali? are you gonna go visit your family in san jose? are you gonna visit isai?

Yagi

Smash Ace
we are only going to be in southern california visiting my sister and going to disneyland. i think ken lives close to disneyland, but i wont have time to visit him. i will be there for 7 days thursday to wednesday and we have plans every single day. =/

Riot6777

Smash Ace
43 dollars is still to much for me which sucks but I dont have a gob so I dont have any money its basic math really no job $$ for me = Zero/0 money $$ for me ^_^

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
more on Famitsu Cube

Characters who can hover well
Luigi, IC, Yoshi, Marth, Roy, Mewtwo

seems about right

Characters who cant hover well
Peach Zelda, Young Link, Purin, Pikachu, Falcon

hmm why the hell is Young Link is there but no Link, or Ganon

other random things

Falcon - throw Fan at enemy, once enemy pops up, F-Smash!

FFA guide - First run away (lol). Go for enemy thats high percent(umm ya of course). When no one is after the person whos winning shout out loud "lets get the guy whos winning" so everyone will go after him. (very powerful technique lol)

those were basically the funny things. They had some good things in there too such as jump canceled grabs and such but we know all those things so ya here ya go.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I'm hoping to get a chance to play you guys the weekend after thanksgiving (saturday if possible) to see how much i've improved from my overwhelmingly n00bish self lastime haha, I'm not saying i'll beat any of you or anything but I have improved!

Anyways, let me know if anything is going on then! Keep in touch.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Silly needs to calm down since he told me to bump this topic.

Gonna go meet Aniki for the first time ^^

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
It's a good thing I checked...

Now I'm a sad panda that doesn't understand basic math.

I happened to be down in the Seattle for the weekend and I was about to venture to the Land of the Josh but I see that he is now probably trading Jason to Mickey Mouse so he can ride Splash Mountain again... So I'll stay at home and watch Sopranos (almost done with 4th season!)

Found The Random Guy at Western I met at the end of last year that plays smash and he said tournies go on all of the time up here. I've already missed two. But it doesn't really matter because Soul Caliber 3 is where it's at anyway.

And on a very sad note... I just heard today that Arrested Development has just been cancelled... It's too good for the world, but maybe it'll be picked up by a cable channel.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Aniki - his samus was the best samus Ive ever fought. too good. and his link is very good too but not as good as his samus.

Farce(the guy who beat Isai first rnd at JGT - umm ya i cant beat his doc with my fox done deal.

yea basically i got owned... gotta get better...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Blunted_object10 said:
Pull out the BOWSER! :chuckle:
Who was that post directed to?

Me?

T3h money match?! haha

im pretty much throwing away however much we do it for, i just wnat to say that i've mm somebody before haha

Aftermath

Smash Champion
lol david, you would get 4 stocked like every match forever.

Kei, did it end up that you live pretty close to Aniki and some other japanese smashers? I know you said something about being around that area. Don't get too good!

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Cap'n Crunch said:
lol david, you would get 4 stocked like every match forever.

Kei, did it end up that you live pretty close to Aniki and some other japanese smashers? I know you said something about being around that area. Don't get too good!
Funny James anyway I have unatural good luck sometime I dont know why you for one no this and everyone fight differnt just think maybe you could take him were I couldent or vise versa ;)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
No ,not even, Kei is like 5x better than either of us, and Aniki destroys him, what does that tell you about your chances? (rhetorical question)

Anyway, is famitsu Cube a japanese version of nintendo power basically? or is it an independent magazine?

TheTimmy

Smash Apprentice
I know Famitsu is Japan's #1 gaming magazine, so I guess there's a "Cube" version of it out.

Ah, wikipedia sums it up pretty well:

Famitsu (commonly abbreviated in Japanese kana to "Fami"), is a Japanese video game magazine published by Enterbrain, Inc. Currently, there are five versions of Famitsu. Weekly Famitsu, Famitsu PS2, Famitsu Xbox, Famitsu Cube and Advance, and Famitsu Wave DVD.

jrta

Smash Ace
I will be up in the area on Thanksgiving weekend. A gathering on saturday would be entertaining. My weekely MvC2 practice will own your faces when fox starts using the sentinal unblockable.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I rember beating kei's Samus when we were all at kyles place but thats not the point nevermind james I not geting into A Samus battle with you right now does anyone know were I can get some good smash videos?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
She is stronger in V1.0? Do you know specifics of how, because that's quite odd, I thought she was like nearly unchanged in all versions O_o

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Samus' up b is better and her up aerial is better. just those two makes aniki like twice as hard to beat.

Top Bottom