• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

NNID
Budget_Player
sphere - moved to cali
Seriously? That sucks. :(

dazwa - no
Yeah, kinda figured. :c

@Alex: Thanks anyways.

Hmm, I wonder if any airport in the area has a relatively cheap connection to Bangor? Because if they do, that might be an option...

Also, what does the housing situation look like? I'm not sure how it works in the USA; in Germany, we generally camp out on the floor in the venue, but I'm assuming that's not necessarily an option here?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah we won't be able to camp out here lol.

The new venue that I may get is very close to some hotels. Still don't know if I can get that place yet though.

Ill have updates on possible housing or hotels/motels after I'm get confirmation on which venue I'm able to use. Ill know that info in early April, which happens to be around the time I figure out if Kakera/Otori can come or not.

Keitaro

Lol nah, it is cause the new venue I may get is very pricey but I want all the players who plan on coming to be comfortable. Especially since I'm expecting more than my biggest tournaments which already made my old venue questionable (had around 150 in my old venue)

There are also other tourney expenses that I will speak about soon that the community should like.

Whobo has a $30 venue fee that goes up to $50 at the door and their venue is smaller than both my venue choices :p I only mentioned it for comparison. Also I think Whobo's venue fee is now $35 if you didn't sign up before April. Gotta take out the money for Nationals!

You should totally try to come Crews. Was mad fun having you around during COT and it has been a while. You weren't at Apex right?

NNID
Budget_Player
Lol nah, it is cause the new venue I may get is very pricey but I want all the players who plan on coming to be comfortable. Especially since I'm expecting more than my biggest tournaments which already made my old venue questionable (had around 150 in my old venue)
The one where the power went out like 3 times? :awesome:

@Housing: hmm, all right... I'm gonna have to check on my transportation either way. My dad has some friends who go down to new york pretty regularly; if I could find a ride from there (and his friends have the right timing, and I can figure out housing, and and and holy **** tournaments in the states are really really complicated!), then maybe I could get down to this. ^^

Keitaro

lmao yeah, another reason I'm looking into a new venue if possible :p

Also some other MA people are coming like Bloodcross, Nicole, Shugo, Darc, Fats, and some others so I hope they name search and see if they can possibly bring you. Then again EC is more allisbrawl friendly than smashboards users :/

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
You should totally try to come Crews. Was mad fun having you around during COT and it has been a while. You weren't at Apex right?
Naw I didn't get to make it to apex, I don't do much traveling during the school year. And hopefully I can make it up to this. Pretty much depends on if I can get anyone to come up with me or not. I project gas to be at the very least $4.10 a gallon by then (effin ridiculous) which is an expense I definitely cannot afford to take on all by myself. Then, if I can actually find at least one other person to come with, I still need to worry about housing. So who knows at this point. Hopefully I can make it up though, NJ is def somewhere I'd like to revisit.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Naw I didn't get to make it to apex, I don't do much traveling during the school year. And hopefully I can make it up to this. Pretty much depends on if I can get anyone to come up with me or not. I project gas to be at the very least $4.10 a gallon by then (effin ridiculous) which is an expense I definitely cannot afford to take on all by myself. Then, if I can actually find at least one other person to come with, I still need to worry about housing. So who knows at this point. Hopefully I can make it up though, NJ is def somewhere I'd like to revisit.
With so much time, I am pretty sure that you will find housing. The NJ community is normally willing to help OOS in terms of things of that sort. Also, this event is mad hype, and I am sure you will also find a person to come with.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
BPC if you can find a ride from NYC to SKTAR, you could take that same busline you did last time, and then hop on a Boston->NYC bus. BostonNYC busses aren't that expensive (especially compared to the Bangor->Boston trip, lol). just another option to consider

NNID
Budget_Player
BPC if you can find a ride from NYC to SKTAR, you could take that same busline you did last time, and then hop on a Boston->NYC bus. BostonNYC busses aren't that expensive (especially compared to the Bangor->Boston trip, lol). just another option to consider
Ooh thanks for the tip, lemme check that out...

$14?!?

WHAT THE?!

Huh. Go figure. Looks like I have a damn good way of getting there no matter what, as long as I can find housing and a ride from NYC. ^^ Unfortunately, I can't really confirm until dad buys the plane tickets for this summer, but yeah, this is looking pretty good. :D

Keitaro

Midwest is finally coming to one of my events, yesss!!!

Illinois
Michigan
Kansas
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
uhhh forgot the rest. But damn lets goooo guys, thanks for the support.

NOW SIGN YOUR ***** UP!! PRICES RAISE IN MAY, WWW.SKTAR.COM!!!

Keitaro

Lol my fault about that. Tony T got the same Impulse confirmation too. But the signup you made is indeed for SKTAR. Glad to see you're coming!!! KANSAS!!!

Now to get on Bionic's *** about that email thing :p

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sorry, accidentally uploaded one file from the wrong directory, fixed now

Keitaro

You posted it in the NJ/NY thread and I answered lol but yes it is legal.

Tell Esam to abandon his family and their vacation and come to this to team with you. Brawl > family and loved ones although we all knew that already.

Top Bottom