• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Man, I went two weeks without playing Brawl, and, upon practicing the past few days, I feel my game has went to sh**. So much for making a decent first impression at this tournament...

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Well, at least I just discovered this venue is literally two roads down from the street on which I grew up in East Brunswick. Anyone looking for places to eat in the area and whatnot, I'd be happy to offer guidance.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Room 1 has top players from various regions, multiple TVs, rides.

Room 2 has ppl from the same region, no TVs and no rides

****ing room 1

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Also, anyone coming in at the JFK airport tonight? Me and DRN would like to hang out while waiting for keitaro to come get us

:phone:

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Can somebody PLEASE pick up me and viva, vinnie likes to bail last minute and we are currently rideless

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just a heads up to TonyT and Keitaro, Trela's flight has been delayed here in Houston. he was supposed to leave at 2pm but is now leaving at 5-530pm due to weather. he wont get to his final destination until 2AM.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Sure thing, Mike HAZE. If you'd be willing to play some friendlies with me tomorrow and offer me some constructive critcism, we'd be the best of friends.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
for the future, bracket pools should only advance the top 2 and not the top 4

if it does advance the top 4, winners finals shouldnt be played at all, and losses should carry over for the two players in semis. Its gonna be dumb when someone advances from first round of pools from losers (having 1 loss), then get the chance to have 2 more losses in the final bracket since its gonna be a fresh bracket. They essentially get 3 losses, but someone who advanced from winners bracket in first round only gets 2 losses.

if top 2 advanced, the loss should still carry over for the person in losers...again to avoid them having essentially more losses to still stay in the tourney

I doubt it would change for this tourney but I hope it does for any future tourneys that run bracket pools. (Bracket pools is a great idea btw, finally smash community wised up)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anyone has room for Me/Tyrant/Vinnie in their hotel? :D we pay well and will give you pre-SKTAR lessons tonight

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
brackets in pools is a dumb idea unless turnout is very high(evo status)
I personally think bracket pools are always a good idea:

1. Saves so much time in comparison
2. Avoid situations of people throwing matches/sandbagging so specific others can get out of pools
3. Since it saves so much time, theres time to have casuals afterwards or between pool waves or sometime throughout the weekend no problem. 8 man bracket lasts probably half the time of a 6 man RR pool.
4. No ******** situations of tie breakers...ever. You know what the specific order of players are from a bracket since there are no ties (except if you have top 4 get out, which I don't necessarily agree with, but still better than RR)

Tesh

Smash Hero
for the future, bracket pools should only advance the top 2 and not the top 4

if it does advance the top 4, winners finals shouldnt be played at all, and losses should carry over for the two players in semis. Its gonna be dumb when someone advances from first round of pools from losers (having 1 loss), then get the chance to have 2 more losses in the final bracket since its gonna be a fresh bracket. They essentially get 3 losses, but someone who advanced from winners bracket in first round only gets 2 losses.

if top 2 advanced, the loss should still carry over for the person in losers...again to avoid them having essentially more losses to still stay in the tourney

I doubt it would change for this tourney but I hope it does for any future tourneys that run bracket pools. (Bracket pools is a great idea btw, finally smash community wised up)
In regular pools, people already advance with 1 or 2 losses though. People who win winner's finals in these bracket pools are rewarded with first seed and an easier bracket.
I personally think bracket pools are always a good idea:

1. Saves so much time in comparison
2. Avoid situations of people throwing matches/sandbagging so specific others can get out of pools
3. Since it saves so much time, theres time to have casuals afterwards or between pool waves or sometime throughout the weekend no problem. 8 man bracket lasts probably half the time of a 6 man RR pool.
4. No ******** situations of tie breakers...ever. You know what the specific order of players are from a bracket since there are no ties (except if you have top 4 get out, which I don't necessarily agree with, but still better than RR)
I can agree with this stuff to an extent though. You can never completely avoid the sandbagging and manipulation unless you have top 1 only gets out, which will probably just lead to the TOs manipulating the bracket with their initial seeding. Its ALOT better to avoid combining bias with manipulation.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
any Stream for this event? =(

leon si tu fais pas top 17, je te coupe la tête <3

je serres très fort les doigts pour toi et gluto =) (et tous les européens)

GO EUROPE <3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
In regular pools, people already advance with 1 or 2 losses though. People who win winner's finals in these bracket pools are rewarded with first seed and an easier bracket.

I can agree with this stuff to an extent though. You can never completely avoid the sandbagging and manipulation unless you have top 1 only gets out, which will probably just lead to the TOs manipulating the bracket with their initial seeding. Its ALOT better to avoid combining bias with manipulation.
1. yea, youre right. Thats one of the reasons why round robin is dumb. Sure its more games, but it has more cons than pros. I'm just saying if you do have top 4 get out losses should carry over and winners final shouldnt even happen. or just have top 2 with the two people that would play in GF get out. IF you are gonna have bracket pools then people shouldnt have more losses than a regular double elim bracket allows

2. cant have too much manipulation when its a bracket. You cant afford a loss when you only have two of them, as a loss in pools is sometimes completely pointless depending on the other matches.

like i said, its not completely ideal yet, but im happy they are moving to bracket pools. I hope Apex 2013 does it as well honestly

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
we are gdx its why Keitaro Chibo and I are doing it at this and we did it at COT6
I highly approve :laugh:

just please take my suggestions into consideration for the future. 3 losses in a bracket pools tourney is shenanigans

Top Bottom