• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It would be more towards this style. I feel that the community would not be as accepting if we did it the FGC way. Compromise is something we have to take into account.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I understand where you're coming from. Oh well, still a step in the right direction

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
when is registration gonna open up? I'm paying for singles for the winners of my qualifier so I want to keep a close eye (And sign up for cheap myself)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
for apex? Late July/Aug chibo has to make it and he has been busy...you know being the best smash stream and all lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
1. yea, youre right. Thats one of the reasons why round robin is dumb. Sure its more games, but it has more cons than pros. I'm just saying if you do have top 4 get out losses should carry over and winners final shouldnt even happen. or just have top 2 with the two people that would play in GF get out. IF you are gonna have bracket pools then people shouldnt have more losses than a regular double elim bracket allows

2. cant have too much manipulation when its a bracket. You cant afford a loss when you only have two of them, as a loss in pools is sometimes completely pointless depending on the other matches.

like i said, its not completely ideal yet, but im happy they are moving to bracket pools. I hope Apex 2013 does it as well honestly
I'm not sure I understand the point of splitting it up into pools if matches carry over. Why not just have one big bracket to start off with?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm not sure I understand the point of splitting it up into pools if matches carry over. Why not just have one big bracket to start off with?
thats why bracket pools exist. Bracket pools are just a huuuuuuuuuuge bracket, broken down into smaller brackets and then recombined to make it more managable

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Me/Will/Tyrant/Dabuz/Vinnie get to the hotel around 10:30 tonight

Any hotel rooms people are gonna be playing at or chillin till late?

631-520-1340 text me

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It is an inbetween of normal smash pools and bracket pool.

I like to call it.....Keitaro Pools :p

@Eddy: There won't be any matches. I have been far too busy to upload anything. There will be two days of great streaming by Chibo for the event so don't worry.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Can't wait to see familiar faces and meet new ones!

Shoutouts to my crew "Tell All Your Friends" (TAYF), to all my boys coming out of LI/NY, and to everyone I play in brackets and friendlies.

^And huge shoutout to archer. and None Specific Action Figure.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You guys have to understand that this tournament is being run on a really tight schedule. Many pools finals won't be streamed because doubles has to be streamed. The TOs will try their best to get non-streamed pools stuff on recording setups, but that's really the best they can do.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to pick out the best matches to stream, mostly from finals, some from semi-finals if good enough. Priority to any of the out-of-countriers, Mr. R, Leon, Gluttony, Shaya, and Serynder. Also any really great players, etc. Unfortunately, not everything may be streamed but I'll make sure the best is. Also making sure that every top 8 singles match will be streamed.

clowsui

Smash Legend
chibo if u look at the time mapping in the PM i gave you unless doubles runs extra quick or something you're going to have to be really picky w the matches you choose to stream (unless you guys are k with going till like 10:30pm to finish all the main events). otherwise sounds like a plan

also lmao @ serynder being from OOS, i thought he was from mdva

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
keitaro, I cant go. I reazlied today at devens smashfest that my check did not hit my debit card yet. all I have on it is 80 bucks. And with with no ride to this and taking NJ transit,this whole weekend is gonna coast me about 70 bucks with housing and rides to/from train station. and that is not including food.

Im not about to burn all the money I have right now on this. I'll just stay home. Might have been for the best anyway. Not like I was gonna make it out of pools so money well saved.

I'll pay you my ten through your pay pal for my singles entry.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It's cool Dark Peach.

@ Clow: Thanks for your schedule suggestions. I looked at it a lot and will be doing something very similar to it with Chibo to get some good stream matches. Used your thing as the main foundation, so thanks a bunch for it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
nvm, i got a lucky break last min. i can go. idk if i am doing the right thing here by going.

i'llsee you 2morrow

clowsui

Smash Legend
It's cool Dark Peach.

@ Clow: Thanks for your schedule suggestions. I looked at it a lot and will be doing something very similar to it with Chibo to get some good stream matches. Used your thing as the main foundation, so thanks a bunch for it.
word sorry for being so annoying about it over text/phone/smashboards about it lmao, i just wanted to make sure you read it 'cause I worked hard on it + I think it's important/necessary to have a gameplan like that. I hope there's no hard feelings in that regard

btw don't forget my controller goes to shugo <3

good luck.

M@v

Subarashii!
well i brought a full aetup tv and wii, so yeahhh ;3. PS i plan to put a lot of vids on my youtube channel tgsmaverick. they will be tourney/mms played on my wii. heading out within 30 minutes about 3 hour drive.

:phone:

Top Bottom