• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sir "O" presents: NO MORE EXCUSES! Aryman wins! Discussion open.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
That sounds awesome. Perhaps we can do that in a little while, though, since I'm actually about to take a shower and stuff. But that definitely would be cool to do.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Aryman, do you want to do our matches while you wait?
My cop will be Pokemon Stadium 1 if you wanna play

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to take a break from brawl for a bit. I've been playing all day! I might play later, we'll see how it goes

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I thought I'd being facing a Snake the whole time, but I guess not lol
GG's Ary, I laughed at how you resorted to laser spam with Wolf that last game when you were behind. I also laughed when it worked...
Fun friendlies too :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I thought I'd at least give you some possibility of winning.
lol I figured that much :laugh:

@Shadow, I'm actually about to take a break now, we'll brawl another day (tomorrow?) ok

arch knight

Smash Lord
im free to play now no longer restricted by the chains of society and the like

i can also do friendlies if you dont want to do tourney right now

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You're not quite in yet, Alter. You're one of the alternates.

However, I might be PMing you very soon to act as a replacement, since there's about three people that haven't participated in any matches yet. Keep an eye out over the next couple of days, alrighty?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Me and GFE just did our match. I won 2-1. It was very close. But then he proceeded to beating me in our two friendlies, also very close lol
GG's GFE, your snake is really fun to fight =D

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I'm ready for matches right now. Here are the people who I need to play still:
omis?
yoshididdy
cheap_josh
Snare
godsmith2
naucitos
GFE

And Sir Orion, I already beat arch night, it's not on the bracket.

If you're on that list, pm me.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Bracket updated again. Warnings will also be sent out to those that have not yet participated.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I was thinking, banning characters will actually lead to more excuses. "I wasn't allowed to use my main and that's why I lost" type of things. Which kind of goes against the whole tourney theme. Just saying.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The title should say "NO MORE JOHNS!" lulz
I was actually going for the phonetic pun on the abbreviation, to see if anyone noticed.

(NME = enemy. Extremely subtle humor on my part. :laugh:)

I was thinking, banning characters will actually lead to more excuses. "I wasn't allowed to use my main and that's why I lost" type of things. Which kind of goes against the whole tourney theme. Just saying.
Many online tournaments on Smashboards (particularly Barge's and FMOI's) restrict your character choice a LOT more than this. The great irony of the tournament title, of course, is that some people will ALWAYS make excuses for losing no matter what, heh.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
For the same reason you don't ban edge hogging or projectiles. Because it's competitive Smash. You do what it takes to WIN.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im sorry about not doing any of my matches so far Sir "O". I guess I forgot to post it but I still have not been able to get my new controller. I definately will be getting it soon so dont drop me yet.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'll hold off for this weekend for you at least, since you took the time to post here. Just make sure to keep me apprised of the situation.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Yo O! I wish I had seen this before it filled up! Round-Robin style tournies are the best, just no one is patient enough to do 'em! Will you be hosting another one after this one is over?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yeah, I've been playing around with the idea. I know I'd like to keep hosting tournaments one way or another again, so I'll have to wait and see about the RR style. Thanks for the interest, man!

GFE

Smash Journeyman
im open for most of my matches today!. post or pm me, it's Ok dont worry u'll win im not that good anyways

D

Deleted member

Sir 0rion, I wish to challenge you. I'm free nearly all day for the whole weekend. (Anyone else is free to respond to this, as I have played no one else)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I might play you godsmith, I have to do another tourney match so I might just brawl you after that

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I beat godsmith 2-0. GG's, your G&W is really good :)

Top Bottom