• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
No.

what are we going to say?

kill him quickly no wait we already know that.

catch his landing lag with aurasphe- oh yeah he can fire one too.

Fair>fair> oh yeah he can do THE EXACT SAME THING.

i don't see the point.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
No.

what are we going to say?

kill him quickly no wait we already know that.

catch his landing lag with aurasphe- oh yeah he can fire one too.

Fair>fair> oh yeah he can do THE EXACT SAME THING.

i don't see the point.

The more we see people ***** about the MU the more we have to TEACH about the MU

thats is all.

I don't like it either, but if you're planning to go ALL lucario for whatever reason sooner or later you WILL run into the ditto.

and you WILL need to know how to play it.

And then all lucario mains double blind each other.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
FlameWave well if you place a half way decent lucario they probably already know all the tatics we will discuss making it a ditto match-up. Ditto match-ups are all about know your charater more than your opponent. I think we should discussion. I still don't see why the diddy match is not 50:50.

culexus・wau

I don't think ditto your standard Ditto MU can have you dying at like 70 to a lucario that has like 200% on him and you got read.

2ndly try playing a diddy that camps you and plays the MU properly.

and lastly.

ITS FLAMEWAVE MOTHER****ING KAY.

FLAME WAVE K.

Not FLAMEWAVE

NEVER EVER EVER EVER </3

unless its irl then its ok kinda.

but I stll prefer Flame |:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Treblario and I could say stuff about the matchup, but I think he already has enough nightmares, wahahahahahahahaha.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wahahahahahaha, I only do it to keep YOU prepared, buddy. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The mention of dittos made him log off for the night. Now THAT is saying something. ;)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Yeah... lucario dittos DO suck... I almost beat Argent in lu dittos. >.>

(Present tense btw)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well in my expirence the better lucario always loses. Anyway are we going to discuss MU's?

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Well in my expirence the better lucario always loses. Anyway are we going to discuss MU's?
not really...

and we should so everyone can stop thinking stuff like that....

Im just gonna start, i dont have much ditto practice but ive gotten really good advice from the socal lucarios as well as some stuff that i use personally..

* if you get dair you should move your shield up to not get hit, then up tilt them. if they fall in front of you after dair use jabs not grab...

* when im away and throwing AS i like to aim them at lucarios ears just so if they short hop/unshield they get hit, or to get the chance to shieldpoke.

* you can force your opponent to use ES at a bad moment by interrupting there 2nd jump with a BAS and then just Dair em or something.

* Bair is an incredebly good tool that needs to be used to edgeguard and to kill if ur not able to sneak in a f smash or AS...

* if you throw them up instead of trying to up air them cuz youll get dair try and bair.

Im sure there is more, but thats all i can remember for now.....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The match up is really silly. There's just not much that can be said other than outspace your opponent. It helps to know what outspaces/outprioritizes what, but it sometimes comes down to just who knows how to abuse Lucario's weaknesses better.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
^^^^Thats what I was trying to say earlier but I guess it just got ignored.
Unless you 2 or 3 stock your opponent in a lucario ditto its honestly doesn't mean much.

How about GAW?

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
The match up is really silly. There's just not much that can be said other than outspace your opponent. It helps to know what outspaces/outprioritizes what, but it sometimes comes down to just who knows how to abuse Lucario's weaknesses better.
thats just stating the obvious.....

**** it really looks like no one has even attempted to make any sence of it....... *sigh*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, seriously, that's all there is too it. You just watch how your opponent plays, look for patterns, and then just exploit holes. And whoever has better mindgames wins. Lucario dittos usually take longer than other dittos, not to say there aren't worse dittos...*coughJigglypuffcough*

I have a couple of friendly Lucario ditto vids vs Trelario and you might "learn" a *few* random things from watching them, but there really isn't much that can be said. He jokingly told me that if I talked about the ditto matchup, it would be the end of Lucario dittos, LOL.

Fortunately, it's not very often you'll have Lucario dittos, since there aren't that many Lucarios in general. And most don't find them fun anyways. The only Lucario I've only fought in tournament is Treblario (notice a trend here...) and I won them both, but those were a looooooooooooong time ago before he grew 50 levels.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
@ rockettrainer
are you trying to say you are a riolu compared to him? How about we rediscuss the 50:50 match-ups. I think a charater metagame has to naturally favor one side. Correct me if im wrong.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, it's because I make Treblario depressed whenever I play him, he evolved into a Lucario, LOL.

Wahahahahaha.

Zucco

Smash Master
how could you not remember? we played that random *** team in double friendlies for like 10 matches straight right after our little singles thing. STEP UP YOUR MEMORY.

Zucco

Smash Master
nope, I mean Viridian City 7. I dont know how you forgot so easily. We can talk about it over aim later since I dont feel like filling up this thread with these stupid posts.

hough123

Smash Ace
If it hasn't been said before, AS is the main counter to AS. FCAS is almost useless until high percents because while you were charging, 90% of the time he was too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can nair AS. True statement.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Some people think dittos prove who is the better Lucario, not true at all.

Scythe is a better Lucario than I am, seeing as he beats players I haven't yet I'm better in a Lucario dittos because I know what works in it.

Dittos don't prove necessarily prove who is better, sometimes it just may be who is better at the ditto.

culexus・wau

3rd hit of jab combo beats AS too

But seriously like RT said.

This is a very mental MU, you gotta disect your opponent's habits and quirks and use them to your advantage more then anything once both people know how to play it.

Don't EVER think you can't win in this MU either, nor loosen up if you have a sizable lead.

If you figure your opponent out midway aura mechanics may boost things in your favor

[last stock you're at 200 % and your opponent is at 80% last stock. YOU'RE BOTH IN KILL %]

This is NOT a match-up you can afford to go auto-pilot in.

Top Bottom