• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
Pros (Not in detail)
1. Kirby + Lucario Baby Aura Sphere lock on both sides.
2a. Kirby can assist in recovering by U-Air and bring you up higher.
2b. On certian stages like RC can be well played out with good team work.
3. The occasional Stock taking Kirbycides is a big plus. (JAPES MAN)

Cons (Not in detail)
1. Snake/Marth
2. Olimar
3. Mr. Game & Watch
4. Generally, you both die from the same moves.

Stage wise, you are balanced, the only real problem would probably be Brinstar, due to small blast zones, HOWEVER, this can be in your favor depending on WHO and HOW you play.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Pros:

-Kiby can take AS ability which can help him out in a certain MU.
-Can help with recovering

Cons:

-Can gimp Lucario if ur partner isn't careful and possibly kill u.
-Kirby needs the whole stage to move around and approach with bairs so Lucario has to be on constant movement from one side of the map to the other.
-Lucario himself needs space to kill smashing often is out of the picture

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bro, Snake gets ***** by the Anubis Strategy when done correctly lol. If Snake gets knocked offstage, with a MK edgeguarding and Beefed up Lucario onstage/helping, his stock is gone lol.

Kirby, on the other hand, ain't gonna do **** lol. In that case, Snake will **** ya.

Just get a good MK to plank for this strat. Good game.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I want to relook into some MUs. Particularly ROB, DK, Pikachu, etc. Not exactly to change numbers, but I think some data/tactical information is outdated, and I think there's been a lot gathered on these characters since we last talked about them (when these boards were running dry).

Also, I kinda want Zucco to go into detail as to why the IC MU should remain 60:40. Not exactly because I'm opposed, but I really want to hear from him about it.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Where do we start. With MLG coming back we should probally keep this more up to date. Not much has changed about the ROB or DK meta game since we last did the charaters. Pikachu has had some minor discoveries. I say we go with pikachu he seems like the biggest threat right now.

Zucco

Smash Master
pikachu aint a threat to lucario at all. dk is harder honestly.

Zucco

Smash Master
id say 60:40 due to my experience against the character(pikapika, ninjalink, anther[doubles only]) but im using the ps3 browser atm so i cant type why i think so.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I have problems with this MU, then again, it might just be how I play as opposed to what is going on character-wise.

Oh yeah, and bair is a black hole.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well The pikachu match-up is tricky only because pikachu is to small and short. Thundershock camping gives me the most trouble.

I would imagine that you would DI the direction that pikachu is spinning or just DI up. Im not 100% because I never realized that you could DI out bair.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Well The pikachu match-up is tricky only because pikachu is to small and short. Thundershock camping gives me the most trouble.

I would imagine that you would DI the direction that pikachu is spinning or just DI up. Im not 100% because I never realized that you could DI out bair.
Scatz was thunder shock campin me last night. I just fought through it. Power shielded the TS and got in close. Still lost but it was real close. Still experimenting with Lucario set-ups and such.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
throw out hitboxes when he gets close

outcamp pikajew

THATS HOW WE DO EET! <3

you can charge AS and powershield TJs loooooooooooooooool.

Bonus: SDI his fair/bair up and dair him.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
throw out hitboxes when he gets close

outcamp pikajew

THATS HOW WE DO EET! <3

you can charge AS and powershield TJs loooooooooooooooool.

Bonus: SDI his fair/bair up and dair him.
Yeah i did that to. It works, but if ur caught right in the center u gotta take all of it. XD

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Yeah i did that to. It works, but if ur caught right in the center u gotta take all of it. XD
Did you try rolling the control stick up at the same time? [quarter circle DI]

combining both SDI and QCDI allows for some ******* bull**** sometimes <3

Zucco

Smash Master
****** pikachu when you are at high percentage(like 100 or so I dont exactly remember) is super easy thanks to the added priority you get with AS. Fully charged aura spheres are a big middle finger to pikachu's camping. It just flies right through the thunder shocks and hits pikachu. If you ever see a pikachu firing off thunder shocks off stage when trying to come back and your AS strong enough to go through it you can get some stupid early kills.

The only true problem I can see anyone having with pikachu is trying to get the kill sometimes. If you rush in and get predicable you probably wont get it.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
any good pikahcu should know the aura sphere fact (i certainly know from maining lucario and playing other pikas before) and they will be careful about when they use it. i occasionally bait a AS by using tjolt in a safe way that i can land or jump out of the way. other then that, if a pikachu is cautious he should still be living to 140ish at least.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Eventually everything outside of shields and reflectors gets beat by AS.

is there anything that really beats Full Charge Aurasphere at max %?

not counting Dragon Punches [Marth/MK/Mario UpB]
Beats outright?
If I recall right, not including super armor, you have PK Flash, Pikmin Toss, Grenades for all practical purposes, and a plethora of very disjointed aerials including Marth's Fair and Jigglypuff's Fair that will always tear through Lucario's Aura Sphere and keep on trucking to potentially hit you. I think Samus's Zair does it too, but I forget.

As for canceling it out at the max and negating it, any Pikmin attack, FLUDD (fully charged it absorbs it iirc), Waddle Dees, Samus's Charge Shot, Din's Fire, and any ground attack that does more than 16 damage will clash with the Aura Sphere and negate it.

AKA, the 10% rule still applies except for various disjointed aerials, and it is stopped by projectiles with hurtboxes.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bananas and bombs...trips and explodes.

Zucco

Smash Master
easier said than done mah dood. Me and Atomsk are hopefully teaming though so we got a chance at money!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wahahahahahaha, Lucario dittos.

Top Bottom