• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, I mean Japes is just a campfest. Most players just get the percent lead and camp on one of the sides. It would work against Dedede, but it's boring. :ohwell:

And Dedede has terrible aerial movement. <_<

RC is more of a running away stage than camping, lol. It COULD work against a Dedede, but...yeah...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^That's what I mean, it wouldn't really matter if he has a percent lead, he's not exactly "DMG material" lol.
I always hear that BF is a good neutral vs. D3, I do have to say though for lucario: don't roll around on platforms, noob tactic that D3 loves to punish via bair/utilt. I'm sure most lucarios don't have a problem with this though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If the Dedede gets a percent lead on Japes and then starts camping you...there's really not much you can do. That's why it could go either ways. <_<

Just hope Klaptrap is on your side during the match. :)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
If the Dedede gets a percent lead on Japes and then starts camping you...there's really not much you can do. That's why it could go either ways. <_<

Just hope Klaptrap is on your side during the match. :)
Well thanks to lucario aura ability you could try to pull off mind games with AS. You could also try to camp out also and wait so you can easily comeback if your not dont 2 stocks.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Well thanks to lucario aura ability you could try to pull off mind games with AS. You could also try to camp out also and wait so you can easily comeback if your not dont 2 stocks.
We can't really Aura mindgame D3 if we are on Japes or out camp him. If we camped him he would just say back and sheild, therefore probably winning the match. I suggest if Lucario is losing on Japes that you become aggressive with Dair and as RocketTrainer said, hope the KlapTrap is on your side.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Lol, this WHOLE argument about japes is one of the many reasons why japes is banned

So I never really bothered to learn this stage, since every state and region bordering also bans this stage o.o

Campfests are NOT fun

iRJi

Smash Champion
Anywho, Guess it's time for Final numbers.

Mine is 60:40 D3

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think it's 40:60 disadvantage atm, we have a good amount going though, it's just that stupid tanking ability that really bothers me.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
40:60 disadvantage just because DDD lives forever <_<

Oh yeah some last minute advice on recovery:
- Don't Airdodge past him, seriously its ****ing pointless.
- DDD has to go two ways to edgeguard you, high or low. provided you DI'd right [up and away] you have the following options depending on what course DDD takes:
--High: Hang back out of bair range and try to grab the edge, DDD has terrible aerial movement so it shouldn't be too difficult.
--Low: Dair stall until its safe to land on the stage.
-as always SAVE THAT MIDRAIR JUMP.

pew pew pewww

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
40:60...can anyone really argue otherwise?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
yeah I think everyone aggress that DDD match is the same as when we last did him. time to move on. How about MK. Hes always giving lucario a run for his money.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I agree with 40:60 being the MU in DDD's favour. I actually would like to discuss ROB or Olimar next.
Rob might be a decent diescion ,because I think we underestimate the rub match up. You literally cant air dodge are all with out getting hit. Its quite sad.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
imo ROB is actually slightly our favor, anyone getting hit by nair really needs to look over their tools, and the mere fact that he really can't kill against someone who knows the MU is a good plus for lucario.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I guess I suck then. It seems that the two moves that I just cant get around is ganon dair and robs nair. I dont know why they get me every time. Its like im unitentially being arrogant.

So if not ROB I say MK.

Side note: I think marth isn't that bad of a match up anymore. As long as you glue yourself to the ground even on BF you shouldn't have too much trouble. When I say glue yourself you dont follow him off stage that much either.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
40:60 DDD.

I didn't post much on this, but I think people get the idea with DDD's grab, Bair and Utilt being the big threats.

I recommend Falco/Marth next, last time we put 55:45 Lucario, yet the Falco boards have it as 55:45 Falco. Still evenish match-ups but there seems to be a difference in whose favor it is leaning.

For Marth, well some people think it isn't a bad as people say.

Falco or Marth is my suggestion.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Well, I have a mini list to finish for MU's, and I did state that i had this all covered.

D3 matchup Ratio is 40:60 D3

Our next MU is...

Falco. Pew pew pew pew.

Go.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
you guys should definitely know this by now. Lasers go pew.

always keep ****ing close to him. he doesnt have much on lucario's CQC. stay away, and get your *** camped. he can walking chaingrab lucario around 2x iirc, and can pull of a dair or an upsmash to end it. Offstage, AS can screw his recovery if you can predict his illusion. in the air, Falco cant fight lucario there without his lasers, and he just gets *****. He'll be staying away from you the whole time and illusion away if you DO get close, but you can grab/attack him out of it when he's not invincible.

55:45 Lucario. Its still a pretty hard match if you cant approach him though.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I am 100% convinced this MU is not in lucario's favor lol. Ill get back to that later.

Edit: Phil, where are the exports man xD.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If Falco stops camping and tries going too physical and upclose, it's Lucario's advantage.

If Falco camps and does it right, it's not in Lucario's favor. If Lucario keeps trying to approach Falco can set-up some nasty stuff if your not careful.

I thing this is a straight up even match-up but I'll get into that later when I have more time.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^Yes, Japes is falco land.

And college has been slowing down my export production, but it's still coming at a slow stream (got one done like 3 days ago).

I think it's even at best. Falco camping is not fun for lucario, but luckily there's a lot going for us, like lack of scary kill potential and generally inferior air/zoning game. Still, if falco does the pew pew whachoom (phantasm sound effect), it's going to be a very stupid match.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Avoid FD and Japes, obviously. Avoid stages that lack pits, because Falco's mediocre recovery is one of the main things to exploit in this matchup.

Lots of Falco hate Lylat because tilting can screw with their recovery.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I never quite get how Lylat owns our recovery, it never seems a problem to me, but everyone says that it is.
That and it messes up his laser camping.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It can mess with any attempts to cancel ES's landing lag because of the tilting and has no walls to cling to, so it can be somewhat bad in that sense.

culexus・wau

As a base, this match-up is even.

The Bigger the stage the more in shifts in falco's favor. [45-55]

The Smaller the stage the more if shifts in our favor [55-45]

Match-up in a nutshell:

Get Close and win (:

Get Camped and lose. ):

that seriously the whole match-up.

Things that make it easier:
Learning the MIDPOINT of sideB and hitting him out of it.

Grab releasing falco [air release] on the edge is a very effective way to put him in a compromising spot.

If you have very good reaction speed and don't Airdodge/Roll into Fsmash Falco will have a very hard time killing you.

I can go more in depth if anyone wants to, this is one of the few match-ups I'm confident in.

IMO Falco is the easiest space animal for lucario to deal with.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also, learning how to power shield his lasers makes the match-up so much easier.

His camping isn't even as threatening if you can do it on reaction well enough. If you have a stock lead or even a large % lead you don't really have to approach. This is completely humanly possible I've seen some people in my area do it moderately well, and MikeHAZE was able to approach SK92 while PS lasers on reaction.

If Falco camps at mid range, then it is way more threatening.

Long range camping isn't even that big of a deal if you can power shield on reaction.

culexus・wau

Standing at the far edge and powershielding everything isn't a very smart move though.

Lucario is approaching in this match-up 24-7.

also keep FCAS handy, be wary in the higher %s though, falcos long range reflector can make it go back at you faster then expected <<..

but at those high %s BAS can be VERY effective too.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Most tourneys don't have Japes on where I go, but if they do, ban that I guess. If it is on, you're boned either way cause Falco is just as good on FD and if he doesn't want to get in close, he doesn't have to. So if no Japes, I like to ban FD. Any stage other than FD is pretty awesome vs Falco cause you can use platforms to your advantage for the most part and Falco doesn't really like them as much. Just gotta be weary of nairs.

On FD don't be surprised if you lose. Falco likes to laser spam, Side-B when you get close, /repeat and there is not much you can do about it other than fake out like you are going in close and catch him when he side Bs close to you. What I like to do is just do a SH dair and it usually knocks Falco out if he tries to side B. I totally hate this fight on FD, it is so much more bearable on any other stage.

FCAS is generally not a good idea against a grounded Falco. I prefer to pepper BaSes in there. Only use FCAS when Falco is offstage to force an air dodge. They generally won't shine your FCAS if you shoot it offstage because if you don't get hit they are usually setting themselves up for a hard time getting back on stage. So save the FCAS for edge guarding purposes. When he is recovering, you can F-smash side B, just make sure you time it right, cause if you predict wrong he's getting onstage. I prefer dairing his Side B as opposed to trying to F-smash it.

You guys pretty much nailed what I do though. Stay in close. Like not right up in his face cause Falco's jab is fast and you'll get jab grabbed. I like to stay just close enough he can't jab me, but far enough away I can hit him with F-tilt. He will use a side B or two if he is thinking about fleeing. Try to dair this and you should hit him out if you time it right. The more you play Falcos the more you can predict when he's going to use it.

The good things about this match up are:

A. Lucario can't be chain grabbed at all. With proper DI he can only dair CG you once I think. You are too floaty to be walking chain grabbed. I do also think due to how floaty you are, even if Falco gets a dair grab off on you he can't re-grab in time before you can get away. Falcos always ***** about not being able to CG Lucario. You have to DI straight up and you can usually dair him if he tries to dair or re-grab.

B. Falco has to get you to a ridiculous percentage to KO you. So your aura is gonna mess his *** up. Big KOs moves to watch for are spaced bair, and silent lasered U-smash. You can avoid both those pretty easily, so getting KOed early shouldn't happen unless you miscalculate.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I believe Falco can do the walking chainthrow twice and then followup with whatever.

culexus・wau

with proper DI he gets 1 or 2 walking regrabs but the timing is really tight.

beware of Uair, it can SURPRISE kill you every once in awhile :<

and take note that Falco's Fsmash is just as long as ours.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
If Falco stops camping and tries going too physical and upclose, it's Lucario's advantage.

If Falco camps and does it right, it's not in Lucario's favor. If Lucario keeps trying to approach Falco can set-up some nasty stuff if your not careful.

I thing this is a straight up even match-up but I'll get into that later when I have more time.
It seens that lucario can stall the game out if he plays carfully on the edge. That would force to make the bird fly out of his nest. lol

culexus・wau

It seens that lucario can stall the game out if he plays carfully on the edge. That would force to make the bird fly out of his nest. lol
Lucario cannot plank falco.

perhaps 1 or 2 ledge regrabs to get them uneasy or read their patterns but you can NOT stall out there for long <_<

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
with proper DI he gets 1 or 2 walking regrabs but the timing is really tight.

beware of Uair, it can SURPRISE kill you every once in awhile :<

and take note that Falco's Fsmash is just as long as ours.
Iirc, Lucario's Fsmash out ranges Falco's Fsmash but not by much.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Lucario cannot plank falco.

perhaps 1 or 2 ledge regrabs to get them uneasy or read their patterns but you can NOT stall out there for long <_<
I know that the whole point though. If hes all the way across the stage and you start planking he can either sit their firing laser or he can move. When he moves past center stage thats your turn. You just have to be prepared for him to restreat back. If he doesn't jump you could try an fully charged AS.

culexus・wau

Iirc, Lucario's Fsmash out ranges Falco's Fsmash but not by much.
My bad, you're right [tested it]

it is faster though and its only VERY SLIGHTLY.

point is, don't underestimate its range and DO NOT AIRDODGE INTO GROUNDED FALCO.
I would avoid challenging it while charged as well.

@Hitchez: that would only work when we have a %/stock lead, and generally I don't like to put myself into a disadvantageous position when its my choice.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would recommend not trying to plank against Falco. Doing it repeatedly could lead to a dair to the face or bair stagespike. :ohwell:

Top Bottom