• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

single hit nair - oh my god

Hax

Smash Champion
now anyone who knows me knows that i hate brawl, but this move is just ****ing amazing. i might actually start playing brawl just because of single hit nair.

let's see..
-it bumps them upwards, great for leading into jab -> up+b
-if spaced well, it can't be punished by 99% of moves (im pretty sure even snakes utilt cant hit this)
-it's amazing for pestering shields - if they ever let their shield down and you hit them with this, GRAB

and so much more.. i also love RAR into single hit nair to the back of their shield. i usually follow up with a dashdance around them.. **** <3 some of my vids with rIKEo should be getting uploaded soon.

try this out guys; not sure if its news or not but yeah i love this move :D

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Do you mean to hit with the first hit and cancel it as you land or let the first hit nothing then hit with the second hit?
Just to clear this up for a falcon noob. =3

Hax

Smash Champion
Lol, we all watched rebaz **** with this move. I've been trying harder to implement this into my game, but shield grab is a big problem.
haha yo bro, a minute or two after posting this thread i actually went into the video section and watched some of his vids and i was in awe. amazing falcon lol; and btw you can't shieldgrab it if spaced

eRonin; i'm talking about the first hit exclusively. use it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hax is a complete **** for not bringing scar to rochester

by the way this is Ayaz, i'm chillin at Jesiah's place right now

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I do it accidentally quite a lot but mostly it's when I don't time the nair right for the second hit...
Nevertheless it does lead quite nicely into jabs.

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
the problem with this move is that it requires a bit of time to start up. i know it comes out fast but you have to wait till near the end of your jump to throw it out. i used to do this a lot too but after a while my friends would just hit me during the first part of my jump. its a good move, but easy to get around.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Dam... that was pretty harsh.. Hax could be the Legendary Falcon player said so in the ancient stories to bring him up one place in the tier list! And you just crushed his poor poor soul.
If you main falcon, your soul cannot be crushed.

your just too **** good

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
If you main falcon, your soul cannot be crushed.

your just too **** good
What he said. We're in the rough times, and we've manned up.

Falcon mains themselves have gone through so much turmoil since brawl came out that we too can make flames come out of our fists, and thunder out of our knees.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
What he said. We're in the rough times, and we've manned up.

Falcon mains themselves have gone through so much turmoil since brawl came out that we too can make flames come out of our fists, and thunder out of our knees.
We could do that in melee too
and the we had the fire since 64..

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Basically we'd beat the other boards in a fight any day. Even MK.

Feel the fire B****!

Watch out MK, I'm Coming For You!

Okay i'm getting ahead of myself.

Back to n-air....

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I've been saying this for quite some time now, people REALLY need to use n-air more, it improves your game in so many ways, the first hit, the second hit and the combination of the two.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Please stick to N-air topic.

And why would you want a single hit from Nair (unless to combo)? I'd rather inflict both hits.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I've been saying this for quite some time now, people REALLY need to use n-air more, it improves your game in so many ways, the first hit, the second hit and the combination of the two.
Yeah I used NAir for a long time while people were saying it's a bad move because of it's priority. Oh well.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
This is amazing if you space it well.

I see a lot of people try to shield grab it and leave themselves open for a jab when they miss the grab :p
More often or not though I screw up the spacing and get punished (working on spacing with G&W comes first.. then Falcon.. sorry to say it..)

But wow when I nail it.. too good.

Unless of course the other player happens to be Olimar. Pretty safe to say that if Olimar wants to grab something he grabs it. Falcon isn't an exception :(

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I find FF Nair a little risky............ but that's how I initially felt about Usmash but I got over it in time

right now i'm accustomed to FF Uair........cause it *****

Hax

Smash Champion
ahah, call me crazy but back in my brawl days i would always play snake and my only problems were with D3 and falco - both characters i do think falcon can beat. d3 mainly because jab is nasty on those big characters, and falco because weak knee gimps are mad sex, lol.

so yeah imma try and get this *** at least 5 to 10 spots up on the tier list, i think that's as far as he'll go lol.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
word do it up son........shoulda came to rochester we would of *****

I got 9th with Falcon, and probably could have gotten top three but I lost to a Yoshi........I have no clue what to do to him

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Dam... that was pretty harsh.. Hax could be the Legendary Falcon player said so in the ancient stories to bring him up one place in the tier list! And you just crushed his poor poor soul.
HAX IS that legendary Falcon player from the sacred tomes. I've played him before. The problem is, he seems to have gotten stuck in a time paradox and his falcon can only play Melee! Once he came to a Brawl tournament and his Falcon was wearing camouflage, had on a headband, a five o-clock shadow, and very tight pants strapped with C4, Grenades, and Nikita Missiles. I fought this..."Snake Falcon" very hard and barely lost in the third round of our Set.

HAX, this is DAD from BUM weeklies. I still want to play you again, either online or in person. Don't give up on Brawl. In the move from Melee to Brawl, I was obviously dismayed at how my boy Ganon was treated during the transition. However, you have a winning spirit, and like me, you will rise up and overcome, ****** souls all over New York City with a new Falcon, older, prouder, more mature, and with knee arthritis.

Come back, HAX! I don't care if you're telling us old moves, just come back!

Hax

Smash Champion
LMAO at the above post, that made my night. i'm officially playing this game again ahah

RebazTalei

Smash Apprentice
I thought Rebaz was all about the BAir?
lawl, i use B-air the most because it has alot of priority...er...for falcon....
but The N-air Cancel(first hit N-air) i use that, whenever someone gets hit once.
and they try to recover from the ground, or just after 1 jab, most people dont spam A
so you can just Jab, and N-air cancel. it works a lot of times, to bad the people i play already see trough that.

I find FF Nair a little risky............ but that's how I initially felt about Usmash but I got over it in time

right now i'm accustomed to FF Uair........cause it *****
it weakens YOUR UP-AIR, HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED LOL? nahh just kidding.
U-air was good in melee, it didnt got weak, but you need your up-airs......for high in the air.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Believe it or not, I've actually resorted to using Nair simply because I wanted to save my Bairs and Uairs
=P
Nair doesn't seem like a good kill move but it does decent other stuff so I like it. =) It's obviously not as good as Uair but you gotta save it.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
HAX IS that legendary Falcon player from the sacred tomes. I've played him before. The problem is, he seems to have gotten stuck in a time paradox and his falcon can only play Melee! Once he came to a Brawl tournament and his Falcon was wearing camouflage, had on a headband, a five o-clock shadow, and very tight pants strapped with C4, Grenades, and Nikita Missiles. I fought this..."Snake Falcon" very hard and barely lost in the third round of our Set.

HAX, this is DAD from BUM weeklies. I still want to play you again, either online or in person. Don't give up on Brawl. In the move from Melee to Brawl, I was obviously dismayed at how my boy Ganon was treated during the transition. However, you have a winning spirit, and like me, you will rise up and overcome, ****** souls all over New York City with a new Falcon, older, prouder, more mature, and with knee arthritis.

Come back, HAX! I don't care if you're telling us old moves, just come back!
Retired Falcon mains are returning?! It can't be!

Yes it can... we need you.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Strong words.. From a strong man.
i would say i love you too, but being such a man i am committed to one night stands and stealthily evading pepper spray and Diseases

you don't need this in brawl+ :p
who actually plays regular brawl as falcon these days?? >_>
I dont know...
the people who post on these boards CONSTRUCTIVELY maybe?
As Hazard said, Alt+f4 plz.

i spam Dair more than any other aerial...
call me stupid but its fun..

Also i got a horizontal kill using AFK off stage two days ago,
I lol'd

Mit

Smash Ace
Considering how broken Brawl+ makes almost every other character in the game, Falcon players would still need everything they could get (people seem to overlook that who use Brawl+ for it's buffing of Falcon).

Also, nair is great. If you don't think it is you aren't using it right. It's basically an extra hit to add on to your jab combo. You don't be obvious and just jump at your opponent and use it as an approach. you use when falling through platforms at your opponent, or punishing attacks, or in various other situations when it isn't obvious and when it won't get punished if you miss.

Also, when they shield it, I find I still get the jabs out when I land quite often.

This is a good move, use it to go right into your jab combo from the air and do a bit of extra damage. Use it while dodging ground attacks in the air from the ground as well, and then swoop in for your jab combo.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I've seen more and more amateur falcons dthrowing to nair, looks like it'd work nicely, I tend to not even follow up due to # of times I get smacked when I DO. Or dashdance to grab :D

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
i would say i love you too, but being such a man i am committed to one night stands and stealthily evading pepper spray and Diseases

I dont know...
the people who post on these boards CONSTRUCTIVELY maybe?
As Hazard said, Alt+f4 plz.

i spam Dair more than any other aerial...
call me stupid but its fun..

Also i got a horizontal kill using AFK off stage two days ago,
I lol'd
Where the heck do you people come up with these things. xD These manly phrases. You don't mind if I take some of these and put it on my Xbox blog do you? Anyone? Oh I try using N-Air but the problem is, its pretty tough landing it considering alot of the roster is smaller than CAPTAIN FALCON. Well wifi it's tough. The lag destroys falcon all the more. Thats just me though idk maybe my connection is just horrible. Also does the reverse Pivot grab work better than a regular grab? Another question, alright I remember we had that conversation about DI and such and I wanted to know. I do you DI properly is there a thread on it? @Rebaz or whoever can answer, how the heck do you turn around in a middle of a fight and hit a back air. @_@ 1 MORE Question, whats everyones Controller setup?
xD Im done now, sorry for all the questions. Colors always add a little sauce to things.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Where the heck do you people come up with these things. xD These manly phrases. You don't mind if I take some of these and put it on my Xbox blog do you? Anyone? Oh I try using N-Air but the problem is, its pretty tough landing it considering alot of the roster is smaller than CAPTAIN FALCON. Well wifi it's tough. The lag destroys falcon all the more. Thats just me though idk maybe my connection is just horrible. Also does the reverse Pivot grab work better than a regular grab? Another question, alright I remember we had that conversation about DI and such and I wanted to know. I do you DI properly is there a thread on it? @Rebaz or whoever can answer, how the heck do you turn around in a middle of a fight and hit a back air. @_@ 1 MORE Question, whats everyones Controller setup?
xD Im done now, sorry for all the questions. Colors always add a little sauce to things.
Q&A thread much?
Don't want to answer here because that is off topic... just bring it there and you will get welcomed answers.

Top Bottom