• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

single hit nair - oh my god

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nair in my opinion is one of falcons top five moves, up there with jab, uair, and bair. It along with bair are great spacing tools.

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm pretty sure jab nair and uair pretty much conclude the falcon top move list

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I think there's a Falcon's move tier list floating around somewhere.

BAir is nice but I don't think its quite as good. UAir makes our aerial game, jab makes our ground game, and NAir makes our approach game (if you want something pretty safe that combos/leads into a lot of stuff).

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think there's a Falcon's move tier list floating around somewhere.

BAir is nice but I don't think its quite as good. UAir makes our aerial game, jab makes our ground game, and NAir makes our approach game (if you want something pretty safe that combos/leads into a lot of stuff).
Bair>Nair for approaching imo.
Bair has more priority IIRC.

Zeallyx

Nair has more range and better spacing IIRC
yes, but hitting with both hits is rare when approaching with it, so it is unreliable to KO with, and Bair does more damage.

Nair is good for comboing into jabs/up b though..

But priority>range imo (in most cases)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
man you Falcon players talk about things on paper too much! go to smashfests and try half the things you write on smashboards.........this is how I initially started out, and when I went to my first tournament I got ***** up my ***.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yes, but hitting with both hits is rare when approaching with it, so it is unreliable to KO with, and Bair does more damage.

eh?
i thought this was about approaching not KOing..

Zeallyx

eh?
i thought this was about approaching not KOing..
yeah..never been in a situation your opponent has high percent damage and is not within jabbing/Utilt/Dtilt/Dsmash/Fsmash range?

Getting a Nair cancel>jab in, can't net you a KO
and a Nair cancel>up b might not be able to do the trick while a Bair will.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah..never been in a situation your opponent has high percent damage and is not within jabbing range?

Getting a Nair cancel>jab in, can't net you a KO
and a Nair cancel>up b might not be able to do the trick while a Bair will.
but overall, a nair will give you a better chance to approach without being punished (with good spacing)

Zeallyx

but overall, a nair will give you a better chance to approach without being punished (with good spacing)
meh..Nair is rediculously easily sabotaged:(
but perfectly spaced, yes.
But a perfectly spaced Bair too..

In short, I'm punished for Nairs more than for Bairs, while approaching. Especially when facing short(er) characters.

Player-3

Smash Hero
meh..Nair is rediculously easily sabotaged:(
but perfectly spaced, yes.
But a perfectly spaced Bair too..

In short, I'm punished for Nairs more than for Bairs, while approaching. Especially when facing short(er) characters.
im not...

guess its a preference of playstyle thing, amirite

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
N-air doesn't have as much priority and many of y opponents can see it coming. I think that is why its easily punished...

Player-3

Smash Hero
n-air Doesn't Have As Much Priority And Many Of Y Opponents Can See It Coming. I Think That Is Why Its Easily Punished...
Not If You Space
<_____________________________________________________________________________________________________<

Zeallyx

too lazy to press quote button.

never said bair was bad, said nair was better
=D
..yeah

The Bair does more damage as the Nair, if you SH FF the Nair (this is the first hit of the Nair only, without follow ups)

If you don't FF the Nair, it is quite punishable as an approach, more so than a Bair.

If you FF the Nair, and hit with it, there are quite some moves that come out faster as a grab/jab. I have had opponents hit me after a Nair cancel.

And a RaR'd SH FF Bair is quite a decent approach.

and also, the captain corridor can be quite effective.

In short, if you look at the moves seperately, without follow ups, Bair does reward you more to hit with.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
NAir is better. Not only does it combo to BAir, but it also combos (according to your own thread) to DSmash (and Knee), which are better than BAir for killing.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
both are good (nair is better, more range fast) bair is good if I'm not facing and I want to pressure my opponents shield or just get more room. but nair combos into so many things that you can't help but take advantage of it more often.
the added range nair gives you makes power shielders much less of a threat. in fact nair dash away is something I do a lot on shields.

Zeallyx

NAir is better. Not only does it combo to BAir, but it also combos (according to your own thread) to DSmash (and Knee), which are better than BAir for killing.
True.
But as you have to be closer to your opponent for the Nair cancel to combo into Dsmash, the spacing part of the Nair is irrelevant. Making Bair better, for not beeing punished for using as an approach

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I'm surprised that people think that N-air is a better approach than B-air, I really am. Firstly, B-air has more range than N-air. Yup, I tested, B-air does in fact have more range, and thats because around the tip of Falcon's foot in N-air, there is no hit box. Secondly, N-air only combos into attacks with more knockback than B-air on floaty characters, so against the majority of the cast B-air kills better as an approach. B-air also stays out longer, and the hit box is slightly diagonal so you can do it at the apex of a SH and FF, and it will still connect.

Nair has more range and better spacing IIRC
Wrong.

Well, B-air has both, so....

Usually untrue.

N-air doesn't have as much priority and many of y opponents can see it coming. I think that is why its easily punished...
Why can opponents see it coming more than say... B-air or U-air? But thats right, it does have less priority.

Not If You Space
<_____________________________________________________________________________________________________<
Wrong, and spam more? I was wondering how long it would take for you to get banned, again.

But only on floaties, so B-air is better for killing on the majority of the cast.

both are good (nair is better, more range fast) bair is good if I'm not facing and I want to pressure my opponents shield or just get more room. but nair combos into so many things that you can't help but take advantage of it more often.
the added range nair gives you makes power shielders much less of a threat. in fact nair dash away is something I do a lot on shields.
N-air is faster, but so what? in approaching, that shouldn't be terribly important. Also, the hit box for B-air stays out longer.

So, longer range, stays out longer, better priority, and kills better against the majority. I would say B-air is better.

BTW: I tested by going into Brinstar Death, and then doing the first hit of N-air against the little pillar thing holding up the left platform, then moving slightly away until I was at a point that the first hit wouldn't connect. I then turned around and did B-air, which then hit. I did this a few times to confirm. Th reason it can't be done on a character is that they have standing animation thingys in which their hurt box area changes. Also, if you're going to say that the Brinstar testing is unreliable because the pillar thing gets smaller when you hit it, it doesn't matter. If there is ever a point in which, from the same standing point B-air hits and N-air doesn't, then B-air reaches further.

Zeallyx

@face:
I wasn't sure about the range, but Bair>Nair as an approach move.
Like I said.

Hax

Smash Champion
believe me nair is better. i love going in back of their shield and single hit nairing them.. mindgames son.

also ayaz has a good point we are getting a little too cocky haha

Zeallyx

believe me nair is better. i love going in back of their shield and single hit nairing them.. mindgames son.

also ayaz has a good point we are getting a little too cocky haha
Face provided all the necessary proof to prove Bair is indeed better than Nair for approaching.

Zeallyx

@face

People will see it coming if you don't fast fall for the first hit.

later. Party time. sweet post 69!
True, wich is one of the reasons Bair is better, as Bair's first, and only, hit does more damage, and can also form real combo's.

Also, it was your 1067th post Darx :p

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
so what's the point of arguing between two AMAZING approaches....................their both good people learn to use both.

I started using single hit Nair yesterday, it's sex when it hit's but..........it's too slow

Zeallyx

so what's the point of arguing between two AMAZING approaches....................their both good people learn to use both.

I started using single hit Nair yesterday, it's sex when it hit's but..........it's too slow
They are borth decent, not AMAZING.
And offcourse we use both, we just had a plain ol good discussion about wich one is, in fact, better.

Top Bottom