• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Noobslayers That (Almost) Always Work

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
dd camp around by the ledge with pikachu and bthrow them off once they approach.

gimping should be simple vs someone who probably doesn't even know ubout the tailspike

Twinkles

Smash Lord
i'm not sure which makes me laugh more, people assuming he's a ****ty character, or people assuming he's the same at captain falcon but just slower.

edit: but he is a ****ty character...except he's good...
The thing is, I know people who think he's as bad as Bowser

At which point, I am dying

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
My super secret technique of picking fox has worked pretty well.

Van.

Smash Ace
This thread is pretty dope, but its ironic that it was made now, since I haven't seen one of these nooby threads in forever.

Annnyways the way to beat noobs with all characters is to not approach, shiekd grab whatever they do, and gimp/combo/generally **** them.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
You think noobs don't know how to shield grab. Man, without l canceling or spacing, shield grabbing is so op. Thats all my friend and I used to do.

Also I have a relevant contribution. Uptilt rest is very very easy and very very good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
why down smash when you can grab > death combo > *:troll:*

i guess vs ffers you could just kill them by wd d-smashing across the stage when they don't tech but grab > death combo > *:troll:* is a true combo

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Which of u are trolling? Both? Neither? What? (Its a combo in training mode. Alternation between pummel, essentially jab, and a down or forward tilt)
And with regards to the ics death combo if you're assuming enough skill and dedication to perform wobbling or chain grabs. That stuff is really hard. Plus it is more than a killer than a noob killer.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Which of u are trolling? Both? Neither? What? (Its a combo in training mode. Alternation between pummel, essentially jab, and a down or forward tilt)
And with regards to the ics death combo if you're assuming enough skill and dedication to perform wobbling or chain grabs. That stuff is really hard. Plus it is more than a killer than a noob killer.
They're noobs. Why do you need to CG? Just do d-throw u-smash > a billion uairs > bair / f-smash as they're falling

Or d-throw d-smash/f-smash > d-smash them more across the stage because they probably won't tech

Dulren

Smash Cadet
Wait, so is this topic supposed to have a purpose other than stating brazenly obvious and mostly intuitive 1-3 hit combos that're only useful against scrubs?

Because no one gives a **** about beating scrubs. If you do happen to gain satisfaction from it, I'd suggest taking a look in the mirror.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Also, I kind of addressed why this thread exists in the many bullet points in the OP. Please read the OP. It's there for a reason.

My ultimate goal is to get people thinking about why stuff like "dash dance > u-throw > uair" works better than "shffl nair ad infinitum" as a base strategy. And to get people thinking more about what moves are good and bad, based on the abilities of their opponent.

soju

SD God
I honestly like playing beginners from time to time, not to kick ***(that's only the up-side), but I set goals for myself during the match where as I wouldn't have the chance in a match with someone that is similar or better skill level. It's against people of lesser skill where I feel I can practice things like reading my opponent and how to shut them down the best.

And people shouldn't view the moves listed(most of them anyways) as stuff that will only work on scrubs, there is a reason why they work. I'm with Jesiah, this is a good thread, with a little more work it can be way more informative then most other threads I lurk about on the boards.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That sounds like effort, though. And I absolutely refuse to put serious effort into anything on smashboards. Largely on principle.

The exception is the demo Kirby guide.

soju

SD God
D= awww fine, I just saw this having potential to actually be one of the actually good informational posts on the boards

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
What is this community's obsession with telling new players that they are terrible? It's pretty horrible, it isn't in any way productive or helpful and it will often scare away new players. Keep it up and I'm fairly sure that in time you'll all know the feeling of being godlike at a dead game.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
No, and in future please don't put words into my mouth. It isn't difficult to give people advice without putting them down.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I find it actually very difficult to give someone advice on how to beat Dr. Mario f-smash spam because it's hard to fathom how they're possibly losing to it.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Simple 7 word phrase that is relatively inoffensive and doesn't give the impression of scoffing patronisingly at said newbie: "Maybe your friend is better than you"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha kirbykaze

cmon man

on this page some people are being genuine and nice

but you've established a heavily elitist persona in this thread and don't want to back down from it and call your thread what it is: a joke!

maybe i should make a thread on how to beat proz ONLY

(but not include kirbykaze who only knoz how 2 beat noobz ;) )

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps not, but if players who consider themselves to be competitive are losing to this kind of strategy and their view of themselves as being the better player is challenged, the likelihood is that they will go away and practice in an attempt to prove to themselves that they are better. This is a good thing, because perhaps the next time they come back they will have improved and you can give them some advice.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Maybe it's just cause I'm weird. But being told I'm horrible motivates me to find out why.

In any case, good thread.

Top Bottom