• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Okay, I made a quick video with some instructional bits for the newbies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqIrZRA1XDs

I found this fascinating, as it's always been accepted that a full-hop stick jump nets more height than the C-button, but if you're precise enough, you can actually jump lower. I found that decreasing the range to its lowest point while still able to jump yields a full-hop stick jump that is only slightly higher than a regular short hop.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
This is very interesting to me. Could this perhaps help make TAS more ridiculous then it already is jumps that land perfectly on every platform?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
sing isn't a normal ground move, and it can be aerial too, remember

sing hitbox will work so long as jiggs' hurtbox isn't being hit at that point and the opponent is on the ground

jiggs rising attack has a hitbox come out just as she touches the ground?

this is probably wrong, since it sounds dumb, even to me

The Star King

Smash Hero
I was informed that no two ground moves can collide and hit both players, looks like that theory is flawed.
Whoever told you this is completely wrong. You can easily disprove this by setting player 1 and 2 to the same controller on PJ, picking the same character and being close enough so that the moves hit each other before they clank.

:phone:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Whoever told you this is completely wrong. You can easily disprove this by setting player 1 and 2 to the same controller on PJ, picking the same character and being close enough so that the moves hit each other before they clank.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Bcow stated that no two ground moves can hit in another thread

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291324. 'Ground attacks clash with ground attacks'

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow isn't wrong, but ground attacks can both clank with each other or trade hits. If the hitboxes meet first they'll clank, and if the hitboxes hit both characters' hurtboxes first they'll trade hits.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
Well, the combo would be impossible without the perfect platform landing I think, and my point was it's already known and useful. Anyway, I know what you mean. Would be pretty cool to see A LOT in a row.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Well, the combo would be impossible without the perfect platform landing I think, and my point was it's already known and useful. Anyway, I know what you mean. Would be pretty cool to see A LOT in a row.
if you double jump as soon as you possibly can after the first one with link you can land perfectly on the platform

Blackstreet Boy

Smash Rookie
Samus's charge shot can be useful as a shield stun when your opponent is not taking any chances to dodge. Last stock vs. Last stock is a nice situation.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
If your opponent is holding a hammer, and you make them drop it, the hammer can hurt you as it is falling.

Crazy.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
pokeballs falls slowly after the second bounce,if under really small circumstances this makes it bounce of the edgeit fall really slowly, unkown as to whether it has its hitbox still or not,
judas had a vid where it happened

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
If Kirby sucks you up when you have the hammer and then spits you out, hold down the entire time your inside kirby. If you continue to hold down, you will be able to walk or run normally while holding the hammer.

dtt?

Smash Rookie
pokeballs falls slowly after the second bounce,if under really small circumstances this makes it bounce of the edgeit fall really slowly, unkown as to whether it has its hitbox still or not,
judas had a vid where it happened
also, in my experience, on the right edge of hyrule with turtle shells (only sure about green although i think ive seen red)

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you tilt in a direction and attack (say down tilt), when the down tilt animation ends, you have a one frame window where if you press a again (to do another down tilt), even if you haven't let go off the joystick, you will down smash.
In other words, I tilt the joystick down, press a, the first down tilt comes out, immediately when it finishes I press a again and a down smash comes out.

Not sure if that's a "simple fact", but I hope some of you may not know it :).

Second thing: what happens if two jigglypuff rest at the same time on one another in the air? Answer: nothing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItjISv3eGQ Look at 0:24.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Nothing?! Wow...

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen Rest trade hits with a regular attack in the air... care to TAS that? :)

Also, does Rest clank with other attacks on the ground?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nothing?! Wow...

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen Rest trade hits with a regular attack in the air... care to TAS that? :)

Also, does Rest clank with other attacks on the ground?
Rest makes Puff invincible at the start, and the hitbox is only at the start durin the invinicibility so I'm pretty sure it's impossible for Rest to trade.

dandan

Smash Lord
don't you just get an invincibility frame when you rest?
i do not think it has anything to do with priorities.

****ing sk ninjad me because i wanted to see the vid first ;)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I didn't even to stop to correct the couple of typos I made like I usually would. Dat intuition.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yes, it's an invincible frame. The thing is that it's a "blue type" which means (for those who don't remember) that the attacker is completely invincible and can't be hit at all. As if he wasn't there. On the contrary, a Yoshi parry or DK's upb (aerial) will have a "green type", which means you can hit them and have hitlag, but just nothing will happen.

Peek~

Smash Lord
This thread is on the first page and I learned something new today so ill bump it. Might have been posted before idk.

You can grab any character hanging on the ledge if any part of them is over the ledge (example: DK/Ness cause of their big heads).

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Well doesn't that depend on character grab hitboxes, too? For example, Falcon's arms are pretty high up on his body and he grabs pretty high, yet Ness and Pika grab low to the ground so they should have an easier time doing that.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Well doesn't that depend on character grab hitboxes, too? For example, Falcon's arms are pretty high up on his body and he grabs pretty high, yet Ness and Pika grab low to the ground so they should have an easier time doing that.
Falcon can grab Ness off the ledge, I tested it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Everyone can grab DK and Luigi. Everyone but Link can grab Ness and Mario. Everyone but DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, and Puff can grab Yoshi. Mario, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi, and Pikachu can grab Kirby. I didn't really test anyone else but I think Link/Samus/Falcon can't be grabbed by anyone.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
EDIT: my bad, might just edit this again when i learn something about the game ^^"

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey, so i saw the thing about falcon's up-b (or the doug hug, i guess?) a couple years ago, there was a guy on the boards who posted a ton of tas videos from europe or england or somewhere in that general region (not sure if he still posts, but i haven't come across a post of his the two days i've been back on the boards). at any rate, i kind of remember him saying that he tested di-ing falcon's up-b with tas and that it did increase it's range. i could be mistaken though.

i will say, though, that i always di it, and at apex, a lot of people were caught off-guard by how far my up-b went on many occasions.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Wut You're saying if you di falcons upb it increases the range? wouldn' t that be bad for the person di-ing? + I thought you couldnt di grabs maybe upb is an exception

Top Bottom