• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

prisonchild

Smash Ace
no i meant without r as well. it doesn't work for teching and i don't the exact inputs but as long as you input a move a certain time before you land there will be no lag.

i was surprised when my friend told me he didnt press z that often to cancel lag, then he showed me.

it works consistently with kirby's dair>utilt

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well autocanceling is what you're describing. If you land during certain frames of an aerial you get an automatic z-cancel.

Usually it's just the very beginning and very end, but some moves have large windows like DK's fair. And Pika uair/Ness dair/Ness uair seem to be 100% autocancel frames

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
ness can "hop" over fox's dtilt with utilt. since the lag on both moves is very similar, if not identical, this can happen several times in a row.

The Star King

Smash Hero
OH EM JEE CONGO BEST PUFF STAGE

Why does it only work if the shield is broken by an attack? Do shield stun frames carry over and freeze the beginning frames of the shieldbreak animation or something?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Y'all know ness' thing where he goes into DL at a downwards angle and hits the wall and gets shot straight up? That can also work shooting at an upwards angle at the bottom/lower part of the stage, not exactly sure where or how but I did it at FC and ness hit the stage and then shot straight down, mad cool someone should test it.

I also got the pika teleport glitch twice in three days get at me

The Star King

Smash Hero
^I lol'd

Battlecow did you get it from right side -> left side both times? That's the only direction I've ever seen it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Explanation: Sakurai knew that Pikachu's original design was overpowered, so he added this "bug" (actually a feature) to balance his moveset and give his recovery a flaw

jk

but seriously

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
There are 44 total pieces when you completely take apart the original N64 controller, including screws. (this is counting the cord/plugin/main chip board all as one piece, as well as the chip/cords for the thumbstick as one piece).

Useful info, i kno rite?

I just took apart a controller I bought off ebay for like $15 total including shipping, it was filthy and had that powder crap caked inside the joystick unit, but now it's clean, thumbstick swivel pieces lightly applied with vaseline, and the stick feels like a B tier, not bad :grin:

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah it was right->left both times, I'd heard that that was the only possible way before.

Sakurai actually knew that NESS was overpowered and that pikachu couldn't beat him on dreamland, so he added this super-convenient way for pikachu to eat ness's PK thunder after trading hits and being knocked off opposite sides of DL

The Star King

Smash Hero
Tilt down slowly enough so that you don't fastfall, or buffer it

I doubt it's very useful though xP

Sangoku

Smash Master
It could add some mixup with special animation landing (with Ness for example). I don't think I've ever seen in ingame. The only mixups I've seen were fastfall land/go through.

But yeah, I agree it's probably useless anyway (but that's the purpose of the thread =P).

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
seems like it would be useful for samus's recovery to make up b less punishable. Falcon might benefit also for similar reasons. Maybe Ness also
(nvm, its ness recovering)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i have no idea if this is common knowledge or not but the star rod uses ammo like the ray gun, and is not inifinite

CRAZY

Top Bottom