• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

The Star King

Smash Hero
i have no idea if this is common knowledge or not but the star rod uses ammo like the ray gun, and is not inifinite

CRAZY
16 stars

Anyways, when Kirby swallows a character and then spits them out at someone else, the % damage the star deals depends on the character's weight. i.e. Kirby shooting out DK at someone does 30% damage, while Kirby shooting out Jigglypuff does 17% damage. Knockback is also affected (DK's is mad powerful, like more powerful than Yoshi's USmash)

Kirby + DK for best doubles team

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
16 stars

Anyways, when Kirby swallows a character and then spits them out at someone else, the % damage the star deals depends on the character's weight. i.e. Kirby shooting out DK at someone does 30% damage, while Kirby shooting out Jigglypuff does 17% damage. Knockback is also affected (DK's is mad powerful, like more powerful than Yoshi's USmash)

Kirby + DK for best doubles team
Haha that's random.

Could we get tests done with metal mario or giant DK (if it's possible for kirby to use B on them lol)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Giant DK did 40% damage (edit: *50%), Metal Mario did the same as Mario (17%)

BTW it looks like I reached my conclusion too quickly because I was wrong, everyone but DK/Yoshi does 17% damage and DK and Yoshi are the only ones who do extra (30% and 25%). lol.

Last edited:

Battlecow

Play to Win
European sarcasm or European smash knowledge? Hard to tell =p

Obviously we'd have to have categories here, where everyone under yoshi does 17, Yoshi does 25, DK does 30, and GDK does 40. Medium, Large, XL, and XXL, if you will, with most characters being medium.

M!nt

Smash Champion
i have no idea if this is common knowledge or not but the star rod uses ammo like the ray gun, and is not inifinite

CRAZY
Wow I had no idea, they sure are generous on the ammo.

fan is best item

B Link

Smash Lord
Giant DK did 40% damage, Metal Mario did the same as Mario (17%)

BTW it looks like I reached my conclusion too quickly because I was wrong, everyone but DK/Yoshi does 17% damage and DK and Yoshi are the only ones who do extra (30% and 25%). lol.
Thanks for the info

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
wait, you can use the star rod like a gun?

WTF
not sure if serious, the smash/tilt hit shoots out the star, and yes, in melee it also has a limited ammo and it makes a different sound when it is out of ammo. Not sure in this game if it also has limited ammo. never used it for a long enough period of time

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's not even noob discovery. I can't ever remember not knowing that in my noob days, day 1 stuff. PLAY WITH ITEMS GUYS :troll:

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
not sure if serious, the smash/tilt hit shoots out the star, and yes, in melee it also has a limited ammo and it makes a different sound when it is out of ammo. Not sure in this game if it also has limited ammo. never used it for a long enough period of time
wat

You guys serious? Star Rod is noob-days discoveries
This.

And comboing with ray gun when you're a kid.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
This is probably already known and documented somewhere, but I just learned it today sooooo...

Breaking Yoshi's armor requires that a certain amount of knockback be applied. This knockback is a constant and is independent of how much percent yoshi has. The reason Yoshi's armor breaks at higher percents more easily is because attacks produce more knockback at higher percents. The exception to that rule being constant knockback moves. So don't try to break through Yoshi's super armor with a constant knockback move, even at high percents.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
That was very clarifying, clubba.
Btw, Ness' d-tilt doesn't break Yoshi's armor, even though it's not a move with set knockback.

from the old thread: "Star King: 'The top of the Saffron Pokemon Box has reduced traction' " -- what do you mean?

Battlecow

Play to Win
This is probably already known and documented somewhere, but I just learned it today sooooo...

Breaking Yoshi's armor requires that a certain amount of knockback be applied. This knockback is a constant and is independent of how much percent yoshi has. The reason Yoshi's armor breaks at higher percents more easily is because attacks produce more knockback at higher percents. The exception to that rule being constant knockback moves. So don't try to break through Yoshi's super armor with a constant knockback move, even at high percents.
Learned it from ME

because I'm brilliant

not really tho I learned it from SK like 3 years ago

The Star King

Smash Hero
from the old thread: "Star King: 'The top of the Saffron Pokemon Box has reduced traction' " -- what do you mean?
By traction I basically mean resistance to sliding. For example, Luigi has lower traction than Mario, which means pivot edgehogs are easier with him because he slides further.

So I just mean you slide further on the Pokemon box. Stuff like pivot taunt cancels or Link up-b edge cancel is easier.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is common knowledge but you can play the whole game with R and the control stick. You can grab, shield, up smash, z-cancel, and do aerials.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Huh this is common knowledge and you can play the whole game with any button you want. You'll be more or less handicaped depending on the button.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
Well yeah I guess if you totally want to stick to the two buttons you wouldn't be able to use a recovery move. I just meant that R and the control stick are the most versatile buttons in the game, as far as I know.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Not sure if this is common knowledge but you can play the whole game with R and the control stick. You can grab, shield, up smash, z-cancel, and do aerials.
For anyone who doesn't know, I use the R button and control stick/C buttons only. I buffer shields for examples and use/z-cancel aerials by tapping R twice.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
For anyone who doesn't know, I use the R button and control stick/C buttons only. I buffer shields for examples and use/z-cancel aerials by tapping R twice.
For every character? Maybe that might work for ness or falcon but not most of the cast.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
that's the most swaggy thing you can do as falcon - upb onto something with no lag like ye i meant it like that i did it like that.

Top Bottom