• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silver Tongue: Move Analysis Changes and Tips

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough. I'll keep note of them and maybe post a thread compiling custom move information later on as we learn more about them.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That could prolly be for another thread, I honestly don't care about custom moves much for obvious reasons. It won't be tournament viable.
Hey, don't just write off custom moves like that! Sure, they probably won't be used at first, what with needing to be
unlocked and all...

But I've yet to see a custom that breaks the game.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Over 200 to unlock though and unlike the CDs in brawl (no repeats) you can possibly get the same one u just unlocked 10 minutes ago. So it'd be harder for a tournament to have every wii u with every single custom move unlocked. Along with the fact we have no idea how much time it'd take for everyone to choose a certain kind of custom moves to have the advantage against their opponent on the wii u version.

Just both a time consumer which is bad for tournaments and not worth it at the end just to waste 3 or so minutes that could've been finishing the first game of a set already.

I think I just had this kinda discussion in the houston thread lol.
http://smashboards.com/threads/hous...-free-venue-food.344694/page-36#post-17577668

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Over 200 to unlock though and unlike the CDs in brawl (no repeats) you can possibly get the same one u just unlocked 10 minutes ago. So it'd be harder for a tournament to have every wii u with every single custom move unlocked. Along with the fact we have no idea how much time it'd take for everyone to choose a certain kind of custom moves to have the advantage against their opponent on the wii u version.

Just both a time consumer which is bad for tournaments and not worth it at the end just to waste 3 or so minutes that could've been finishing the first game of a set already.

I think I just had this kinda discussion in the houston thread lol.
http://smashboards.com/threads/hous...-free-venue-food.344694/page-36#post-17577668
Was the 3DS's ability to transfer customization to the Wii U mentioned there?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't know, Hell if I'm gonna read those WoT.
That still doesn't mean every single 3DS under the roof of where the tournament is happening will have all 200 moves. Even then why would you be using your 3DS to play on the Wii U version? Pretty sure once Wii U is released there will be a lot less 3DS videos (Clashtournaments APEX etc.) for obvious reasons.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Pretty positive I saw that Wii U button on the 3DS said you could transfer over customized fighters.
Also why would anyone need to unlock all the custom moves, rather than just the ones they want to use? You'd surely be able to use moves others haven't unlocked and play against people who are using moves you yourself don't have yet either.

Wonder if powers can only be unlocked via the 3DS version actually?

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Well... so much for staying away from Yoshi this time around.. I can't possibly not play him when he is THIS good..

Didn't really know where to post this so if it needs to be deleted or moved by all means :)

Just wanted to share my personal thoughts on the new Yoshi...which I am sure have been discovered and talked about already.. lol *late to the party

Positives

Amazing dash attack - You truly fly across like half the screen doing this move and it comes out SO quick. So easy to catch opponents off guard. My favorite move of his now.

Super quick double jump - So easy to combo people after launching into the air.. Egg toss follow ups in the air are ten times easier to connect with now .

Jumping out of shield - Don't need to explain this.

Throws - Most of his throws can be followed up by SOMETHING. They aren't lame like in Brawl.

Smashes - All of his smashes have been buffed and down smash truly kills this time around.

Tilts - Forward tilt is a lot quicker this time around. Constantly catching opponents off guard with it.

Egg Roll - Not in a free fall state.. yay.. can be used to recover.

Egg Lay - still a great command throw.. easier to combo and harder for opponents to break out.

Egg toss - slightly less damage but definitely easier to follow up with. Also they come out a bit quicker now.

Negatives

Pivot grab - While still fast, there is a weird animation at the end of it (like him swallowing his own tongue) that prevents you from spamming this move now.

Nair and Uair have slightly less knock back now ... :(

Thats all I noticed..

In a game where I feel speedy characters will reign supreme, Yoshi being so quick, having an amazing recovery and a great ability to get IN, he will be high to top tier for sure.. Exciting and grateful for the changes.. Low tiers making a come back this time around!!!

PRiDE

Scatz

Smash Champion
Pivot grabs got nerfed all around the cast. Obviously us spamming it in Brawl made Sakurai want to keep it from being OP.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Exactly.........
Eggsacty. . . .what?:4yoshi: Ohhhhh I get it, you were just egging me huh?:yoshi2:
  1. Breathe / Spew fire
  2. Grows wings without changing it's color
    EDIT:
  3. Super Dragon Yoshi's fireballs can KO much more early than MegaCharizardX's Fire Blasts

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Does it really matter if they are similar?

What can Duck Hunt Dog's final smash do that Captain Falcon's can't is what you are basically saying.

PRIZZA

Smash Rookie
NNID
PRIZZA
3DS FC
2036-7201-3400
All eggs are definitely the same color as the yoshi skin, which makes me very happy (including up-b and egg lay).

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
That's really cool that all the eggs are the appropriate color of the Yoshi. It always bugged me that i would throw green eggs when my yoshi was light blue. Loving the changes that sakauri is doing to Yoshi, from his gameplay to the simple stuff like the egg colors.

Morbi

Scavenger
All eggs are definitely the same color as the yoshi skin, which makes me very happy (including up-b and egg lay).
Interesting. I was just reading this thread and I was not excited that his up-special eggs were not a different color; however, it seems that that has been changed for the better. Finally... Yoshi's eggs matter. It only took Sakurai fifteen years to get it right, I suppose better late than never.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Didn't know egg lay got buffed so good. I'ma start chasing people off the ledge and eating 'em. Seems easier than spiking.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If it's a character like Fox or Falco we egg lay offstage around 80+% it'll be good cause not only do they fall like a rock and now recovery, it'll take em a second or two longer to do it and that just brings them to the bottom blast zone even faster.

Another thing I randomly noticed from a video, I believe Dair trips now. I forget if it does so in Brawl or not.

yiggs

Smash Rookie
smile-fnl61.nicovideo.jp/smile?m=24533567.76516

New here!
What is the move at 1:03~1:04 of this video? Looks like Yoshi is doing a divekick or something

yiggs

Smash Rookie
youtube.com/watch?v=2-PSzY_Q_UM

here uploaded to my youtube. I think it might be an airdodge..
haha excuse my scrubbiness

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah that's airdodge.
Though the video does show a bit of info on how fast we can use DJ Uair on people, mostly that move cause of how fast it is and the range compared to the other 4 aerials.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Wow! Enemies are no longer invincible when they pop out of egg lay? That is great info to know, Yoshi's egg lay mix ups are going to be even better now.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I go more indepth with all the moves and not just show them. I also explain the glitches yoshi has with them.

Last edited:

yiggs

Smash Rookie
Nice video NinjaLink!! haha hopefully they patch out these glitches!

Last edited:

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Really thinking about using that heavier yoshi bomb, if you can bait it well enough it'll devastate you opponent it would appear. Shooting egg lay, The bouncing egg and exploding egg toss are meh. Thanks for the vid NinjaLink. That glitch is still strange as hell though weird up b at the ledge, i wonder why it happens.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
Can anyone else confirm that he's really actually good in this game. I've been stubbornly maining him for years despite him being low tier...

Scatz

Smash Champion

Unless it gets patched, we should be finding what we can do to make the most of it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

It's both weird constantly reading the word patched cause when you think Nintendo you don't immediately think DLC, patches, etc. like MvC and other fighting games.
But it's just so satisfying to know that there's the terrible but I guess great opportunity that more ****ty characters can get in and fixes to possible glitches will be fixed as well. (no damage weight of characters etc. changes tho nindentoe plz)

Top Bottom