• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Auspher, music is just as distracting as textures. Just sayin' :O

:172:
No, it isn't. Most of the time, you can't even hear the music at tournaments because it's a loud atmosphere. If it actually bothers you, that's what options are for.

Pretty much suck it up and play. It's not a distraction. It's part of the game.

I won't have my wii at this. :/

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hit me up if you want to team whether it be here, text, or via pm.
Since this is a large tourney, I will be picky.

Heading to Greenup solo tonight and making the drive to Cincy in the momo with a few of my greenies.

beepbeep<3

edit:

No, it isn't. Most of the time, you can't even hear the music at tournaments because it's a loud atmosphere. If it actually bothers you, that's what options are for.

Pretty much suck it up and play. It's not a distraction. It's part of the game.

I won't have my wii at this. :/
I love you but I disagree. If I can't here my Smashville whistle then I can't get into mah zone!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
There isn't nearly enough sexy going down in this thread right now.

Also, its rather silly we're arguing about music hax of all things.

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm assuming that most of the music on your game is hacked if you're making a big deal out of this. While you (not only you, but mainly) are used to your music and there for won't be effected by it, think about when some random person wants to play on your setup, and hears music that is either obnoxious, annoying, or something you don't enjoy instead of the regular music that you're used to playing with. Should you have to turn the music option off instead of being able to listen to the original soundtrack? Also, think about the majority of the people there. Will they like your music? Will they like at least one song on each stage? I doubt it. It's a thing for the people, since more likely than not, you're probably not going to be playing on your setup that much when it comes to the tournament.

D

Deleted member

Excuse me, but nothing is more annoying than KK Slider. And the music isn't distracting. I'm sorry, but that isn't going to affect your play.

Nothing but Johns.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I like the Ashley song LOL

Also if you don't like what you hear around you, invest in an mp3 player and some good headphones.

Problem solved.

D

Deleted member

I like it, too. lol

See? Varying opinions on IN-GAME music. Should we poll the community and then turn off all of those songs, too?

Speaking of polls, this thread's poll needs removed or updated.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Actually nvm, all the matches I ever lost have been cause I dont like the in-game music. So I vote that no music are on stages

Only Song i like in the Game is Ashley's Song

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Didn't Inui lose a set a couple years ago and he blamed the lose on a song? Because it was referenced in "P5'in it"

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
My Music, Menus, Nighttime BF, Super Sonic, Daisy, Rosalina, Epic Yarn Kirby, & Toon Zelda models are staying. They don't desync and they're not on any team colors making them totally optional. If I have to pay full venue to keep the Kitty Corp-Meow Mix station alive, then so be it. It's all Nintendo music fit to their proper stages anyway. Not much annoys me more than hearing the death-buzz because some idiot took out the SD card and froze my Wii because of it.

If TOs rather have me pack-up and have a perfectly usable station gone, well sad for you.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Music just distracts some people. They shouldn't have to deal with it since hacks are not part of the game Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii released in 2008. Music hacks are fine before and after tournament, and are fine if you upload them on YouTube!

I don't think it's difficult to pop out the SD card during tournament and popping it back in afterwards.

I don't see a problem with having music hacks on Sunday during bracket since setups would be less crucial then. Just not during single pools.

Simply-- I'm just requesting no music hacks please during pools. I'm not trying to pick fights, or trying to protest against you music lovers.

Don't get me wrong, I love my music on my Wii! I think everything I have fits perfectly! But I know for serious play I will turn them off for the players who can't think straight during matches. If I didn't think that way, I would blast my Wii up all the time!

Wiis are needed regardless as they help the tournament run smoothly. I don't want to keep cars up or keep people from partying at the tournament until 7 am Saturday morning because we only have 6 Wiis but 16 pools of 7 people to finish.

When some of you guys run your tournament you may request Wiis with hacked music only if you want to. I will respect your wish, I can only hope people can respect mine.

Again, it's not about the hacks/music/textures, but about trying to make the tournament run smoothly and making sure everyone is able to play and enjoy the tournament. That includes OUGA, Cincinnati, Columbus, KY, NEOH, NJ, etc. I just want what is easy and best for you guys. The less cooperation from Midwest the harder it is. I really love you guys but it just seems so difficult for all of us to work together over such small things. ='/

If you guys do want to listen to something else besides what's on T.V. it'll be easier to just bring an MP3/iPod and listen to all the songs you want to hear instead of making someone else hear what you want to hear.

Midwest/Ohio/Cincy, Wiis are highly needed and I would greatly appreciate it if any of you guys can bring them. I'm more so worried about the tournament being run on seven setups, since I know most of you guys want to enjoy yourselves during the tournament (I mean it is at an arcade). And I really really want you guys to have fun and explore all the greatness of Cincinnati whether it's clubbing, or doing something else!
T.Vs. are still greatly needed as well!

I am just requesting: No music hacks during pools. Friendlies are fine, after the tournament is fine, during bracket is fine (however, if someone requests not to play on a hacked Wii they don't have to). I am giving you all of this, so please just respect my request and just turn them off for some hours on Saturday during pools. Please bring Wiis!

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
This here is mona's pizza!
Makers of the world's best eats-a!
Fresh sauce and cheese galore,
Brought straight to your front door!

Yum Yum Yum Yum!

Grab a hot slice and take a big bite!
It's so good that you'll start a fight,
For
more
Mona Pizza!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Does anyone want to do Melee doubles with me?

I'm gonna try to come in for melee friendlies saturday and low tier mm's in brawl.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Honestly, as the guy who developed the converter, the "it distracts me" argument is useless. If everyone is focused on hearing the actual game, go to the game menu and turn the Sound/Music slider to Sound only, but leave the SD card in. Removing an SD card for gameplay only increases the likelihood that the SD card will be stolen like Pound 5 had. Now you can only hear sound effects!

Also, the rule is not 100% enforceable either as people like to also edit the ISO files to add their music in, like for a USB loader or a DVD-R. And believe me, I know several people that do this around the region and out of our region. Saying no music to people who have done this actually reduces the amount of setups a tournament organizer might have because they can't really remove it that easily.

I mean it's up to Today and I'm not going but I'm throwing in my 2 cents here.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I don't think it's difficult to pop out the SD card during tournament and popping it back in afterwards.
Actually it is. My Brawl is scratched up to the point that stages (BF), characters (Falco), and music (BF & Yoshi's Island) freeze so I'm running the broken files from my SD card. So it's literally all or nothing.

I don't think it's too much to ask that people suffer through some Melee/SSE music on BF, Yoshi's Story music on YI, and a less detracting Battlefield.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@Bionic, It's just I have people come to me saying music distracts them. ='/

I do think it's okay to have on during bracket, and everything else just not pools.

SD cards can be put away in a pocket or a bag. If you guys are really worried you can bring them up front.

The reason why I said pools because worst case scenario we do end up having like 10 setups, and 16 pools of 7 people out of those 100+ people someone is going to be distracted and upset.

I just don't want anyone to suffer through something when they don't need to since music hacks weren't originally part of Smash.

I honestly don't see how "it distracts me" is a useless argument? Although, I don't see why this is an argument in general. I'm just simply asking no music hacks during pools because yes, it does distract some people. People play to things they are used to hearing. Instead of anime happy-go-lucky theme songs, or hardcore rock music. The human brain tends to focus on things they know. It's just generally hard pleasing everyone. I guess there is also a chance with hacks that the Wii may freeze and the game has to end.

It's not like I'm going to go to every Wii and check them for music and if they have hacks I'm going to the "pool" the plug. But, if someone does have a problem with them they have the right to not play on it is what I'm mostly saying.

@Katakiri, If that's the case, then I don't really see anything around that. ='/

and again, I find it okay for them to be on before the tournament, after the tournament, and during bracket. I'm just requesting for them to be off during pools. Like I said before, it's not like I am going to scout every single Wii there and take out the SD card and toss it in the trash if I see it having music. It's just a request.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Keitaro's carpool may be arriving 2 hours earlier because of "THE LEGEND!!"

Either that or we'll die going 100 mph. Details later.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
3 friends and I are staying at Days Inn with the address 11967 Chase Plaza Dr. Forest Park, OH 45240 US. It's only 2 miles away from the venue meaning that we should be close to all surrounding hotels. If anyone wants to do some friendlies tonight at some point text or call me at 724 713 5274.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so I just arrived at the La Quinta Inn. I see other people are here too! Let me know if at any time someone wants to play some friendlies, let me know!

Hey CREWS, I may come on out to the Days Inn, but it would be a little while, I just got here. It was a long day of driving. Even though my house is only three hours away, we had a difficult time getting our bearings.

Sadly, for anyone who gives a damn, our zoo trip was cancelled. The weather was not cooperating. :-(

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Hey, so I just arrived at the La Quinta Inn. I see other people are here too! Let me know if at any time someone wants to play some friendlies, let me know!

Hey CREWS, I may come on out to the Days Inn, but it would be a little while, I just got here. It was a long day of driving. Even though my house is only three hours away, we had a difficult time getting our bearings.

Sadly, for anyone who gives a damn, our zoo trip was cancelled. The weather was not cooperating. :-(
actually i think we are headin over your way soon. text me if you want to brawl.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

Sad to hear that.

If the weather is better sunday, and if you're staying, I would suggest trying again then if the zoo is open!

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if I don't make it into bracket that is definitely what we'll do.

CREWS, where are you playing? My roomies aren't really smashers (my girlfriend and her friend), so it would be preferable to smash somewhere else. If possible.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Right now my room is open for smash, but i cant have over 10. Right now its looking like WTP, fZk, ThugZ, Ally, CREW + 3 friends and me. I can have 1 more. I have to put a cap because I am with family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom