• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
sorry i didn't get back to you earlier WTP i fell asleep and shiz happened ><, but anyway i'm pretty sure SoleCalibur is my ride now thanks though :D

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Well, to everyone who wants to play at La Quinta Inn on Friday night, my number is 304-550-6668!

We (whoever you are) should correspond and play that night.

That means you, Greenup and ORI, haha!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yessir. Shugo, you need to party with us on Friday :D

Man I havent seen you in an eternity lol.

Thats why I love these regionals; you get to see all sorts of people irl you dont see very often.

Cant believe this is just about here already!

Edit: If I'm partying...alcohol WILL be there. I know how to get down ;)

:phone:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
if IL is coming then we'll be at La Quinta on friday... you know we're down ;)

arty's going to beat everyone up when he gets drunk.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a Smash Fest definitely seems to be in order.

Just don't forget my number and feel free to text me so we can get things straightened out. The name is Sombra.

I don't know what time I'll be there. I'll be in the area early in the day because I'm going to the Cincinnati Zoo with my girlfriend, but I'll be there by at least 8 or so.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
MI wont be arriving on friday till like midnight. Possibly later if we have to wait for Lain >.> / stop for food.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lol!!! Ensis...it's ok for me to drink =). It'll be funnnn!!! See ya'll then~

Btw Illinois, bring mah best frannn sago aka sammykinz! or else..

Nicole

Smash Champion
I can no longer come to this due to personal fkd up ****. I was looking forward to it but it won't be happening as I am going to do something ******** instead. Sorry for being unreliable and probably leaving Kyrs partner-less. I usually don't do stuff like this but there's nothing else I CAN do at this point. I am sorry.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Not only does he look nothing like but he STOLE MY THEME SONG.

MY big booty *****es!

Imad.

EDIT: Someone is always saying I look like someone...lol

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lol shugo I'm trying to get a hold of sammytown, ill let you know how it turns out.

There's still a good chance that IL won't be here, since most of us weren't happy with the way the last two tournaments were ran. I'm trying to get everyone to give SiiS one more chance, but its not working very well. Hopefully we can get enough to warrant driving 6+ hours, but if not, then we'll see chall at Brainshock

steep

Smash Lord
@Auspher: We still on for a MM as well? Since you are gonna be there now? Also, how much was our MM? I can't remember. it was either $1 or $3, cus Technical Chase is the only $5 MM I have.

Another thing, would you possibly wanna team with me? I won't be offended if you say no.... lol everyone else has to this point....

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Lol shugo I'm trying to get a hold of sammytown, ill let you know how it turns out.

There's still a good chance that IL won't be here, since most of us weren't happy with the way the last two tournaments were ran. I'm trying to get everyone to give SiiS one more chance, but its not working very well. Hopefully we can get enough to warrant driving 6+ hours, but if not, then we'll see chall at Brainshock

The problem with last SiiS was the sudden venue change; which I'm really sorry about. Everything was set and stone, prepped, and ready then all of the sudden Thursday evening (two days before) we couldn't have our venue. We were already going to be given enough setups to keep time ahead and everything on set; just, after the call we were down about 15 setups and no where to actually have the tournament. Of course I called and looked around and managed to find a place, but we were still down the setups. Not only that, the current place we found was a bit small and wasn't expecting as many people as it did. It just ended up running late due to having to try and finish a tournament at a different venue with about 20 ish setups (and there were some that didn't even end up working). I can honestly say we did our best with what we could and I'm sorry for the unexpected 360.

Fortunately now, I know the owner of this venue (Arcade Legacy) is way more on top of things, and if anything needed to be change I would know way ahead of time to prepare a bit better. The owner also has done PowerUp (a national MvC3, Super, and MK9 tournament), so he has a lot of experience with things and definitely wants to be able to help promote Smash. He also has a lot of good connections so I think this will be an amazing way to bring out the community more to locals.
He is giving us a lot more setups (although, we would still obviously need them). Not only that, with two days time is spread out more and with the given plan I have:
Brawl Pools Sat, and 48-man Bracket at exactly 1pm Sunday things will definitely be more smoother.
I am hoping to use this as a way to raise money for those in need, while at the same time bringing the community together to have an fantastic time. And the owner of AL really supports and wants to work with that (instead of our previous venue who kind of didn't care as much). I absolutely know for sure this will be extremely successful and the more and more I talk with the owner and how things are planned out the more I have confidence in this weekend.
Whether or not IL doesn't want to give it another chance that is up to you guys and I completely understand. I really really enjoy you guys company, and I really just generally like being around IL. My only dream is again, to get the community together (and especially trying to build Midwest together which is what we really need), while helping others. Hopefully I will see you guys some time in the future if not this weekend, and I can honestly just show you and prove to you something amazing this weekend. I apologize for last time, and have fun with whatever decisions you make!

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I definitely think IL should give a tournament series this large another chance. The main problem was trying to fit in X amount of stuff in only one day. And this is a 2 day tournament which makes everything wayyy easier for both the participants, and the TO's.

The big problem at siis4 was that the venue (aka my school :/) pulled the rug out from under us literally less than 2 days before the tournament. The replacement venue was a lot smaller and came with a lot less setups than what was planned for, making it even harder to run a 100+ person tournament I'm sure. Also cincy state cancelling didn't have anything to do with the TO, since she isn't a C-state student. I had never had a single problem getting them to allow us to use c-state except for that one HORRIBLE instance. They totally screwed everything up even though we were approved literally weeks in advance :( .

TL:DR SiiS5 will probably be the best siis tournament since its 2 days not one. Not to mention the venue is incredibly awesome. Its almost worth coming out JUST to chill at the arcade, let alone all the fun that's going to go on!

D

Deleted member

I really hope IL mans up and comes out to this. The whole arcade experience is gonna be a blast, and it would be a real shame if they missed it.

Edit: @Steep, we can do $2. And I really don't know anything about you as a player. There have been several times when I teamed with someone with that same knowledge of them and it was a real bummer of a team. Sorry. :(

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
Sign me up for some marvel and mk9. Scribbz for brawl singles (dont know doubles). I have my own car so no prob gettn there this time :). Daytons back.
what system is being used for the side tournaments? xbox or ps3?

What's The Point

Smash Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom