• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
IL is just kinda butthurt, especially after what happened to Arty (3 stocking Kingtoon in bracket, but then you guys switched the bracket midmatch and he had to fight Coney or something).

Our main issue with the last tournament was the time management... we understand there were a lot less setups than originally intended, but IIRC the bracket wasn't made until several hours after pools finished (which took a very long time as well due to lack of setups). I think there were 6-7 hours between the time pools started and brackets went up, which is way too long regardless of how many setups there are. Add that to the 50+ hours of sleep most of us were missing and you get a pretty unenjoyable tournament.

I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just letting you know most of IL's sentiments right now. I personally think SiiS5 is going to be a lot better, so that's why I'm trying so hard to get the rest of IL to go. As long as you're aware of the previous problems with bracket management (I think there were problems with SiiS3 as well, though I don't remember what they were), then I think IL would be more inclined to fill up a car.

:phone:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
IL is just kinda butthurt, especially after what happened to Arty (3 stocking Kingtoon in bracket, but then you guys switched the bracket midmatch and he had to fight Coney or something).

Our main issue with the last tournament was the time management... we understand there were a lot less setups than originally intended, but IIRC the bracket wasn't made until several hours after pools finished (which took a very long time as well due to lack of setups). I think there were 6-7 hours between the time pools started and brackets went up, which is way too long regardless of how many setups there are. Add that to the 50+ hours of sleep most of us were missing and you get a pretty unenjoyable tournament.

I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just letting you know most of IL's sentiments right now. I personally think SiiS5 is going to be a lot better, so that's why I'm trying so hard to get the rest of IL to go. As long as you're aware of the previous problems with bracket management (I think there were problems with SiiS3 as well, though I don't remember what they were), then I think IL would be more inclined to fill up a car.

Again, totally understandable. As for the bracket, I personally didn't look too much at it at the beginning for SiiS4 since I was pulled aside by security as soon as we started for a bit after having to collect the pools sheets and giving it to the other TOs; however, afterward I was finally able to get a good look at the bracket to fix things but one of the TOs had already started everything instead of waiting for me to see. After that I realize the whole Arty + King Toon thing. I take full responsibility as I probably should have put more emphasis on waiting for me to see the full bracket before starting it out; and of course the other TO who did the bracket and started it was probably just worried about time. Mistakes definitely happen. I'm pretty sure bracket finished up not too too long after pools, I think a problem was there were sudden drop outs (that no one told) and some people entering under different names that was extremely confusing; which again, that was my fault for allowing others to do that for kicks and giggles.
Personally, this time I will do the bracket and look things over and then allow others to double-check instead of the other way around. I also think we'll have a lot less security problems as well. I also plan on being a lot more stricter in rules. Meaning, if people aren't on time instead of waiting for them they are DQ, and if we find out you enter under a different name after saying don't it also means DQ, etc. I also think having some time off to finish the bracket Sat night will allow it to be nearly perfect Sunday afternoon. Thanks, DLA for giving us a try. I really appreciate it! And I'm glad you brought this up. I learned a lot from last time, and I know I need to be stricter when it comes to players in general including with other helper TOs. I am sure with this information, and a different attitude and generally being tougher balancing time and making it happen will definitely work well.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
@Nicole

Don't worry. My Dad's coming for my birthday, and I can say that nothing makes me more happy than teaming in a video game with my own father :) I should be the one that's sorry for not attempting to get a hold of you to tell you that my Dad did decide to go and team with me, so no worries. Though I am sad to hear you won't be going!! T_T

Just look at how she rides that animal. Rawr.
Wolf Link + Midna for
ever
SSB4!!

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I can only do MMs on Sunday, but...

@Y.b.M. $5 MM, :wolf: vs :kirby:?

@Sombra: $3 MM :wario: vs :diddy:?

@Links24: $3 MM, :wolf: vs :toonlink:?

@Keitaro: $3 MM, :wolf: vs :falco:?

AND OF COURSE!

Infern, $5 :jigglypuff: vs :jigglypuff:. Unless you don't want to lose your $5. :troll:

Taking other MMs as well! Mostly want to do $1-3 ones.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Sure that mm sounds fine Luminoth.

I'll mm pretty much any player at this tourney besides Cheese and Lain. Let me know guys.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I can only do MMs on Sunday, but...

@Y.b.M. $5 MM, :wolf: vs :kirby:?

@Sombra: $3 MM :wario: vs :diddy:?

@Links24: $3 MM, :wolf: vs :toonlink:?

@Keitaro: $3 MM, :wolf: vs :falco:?

AND OF COURSE!

Infern, $5 :jigglypuff: vs :jigglypuff:. Unless you don't want to lose your $5. :troll:

Taking other MMs as well! Mostly want to do $1-3 ones.

Sure that mm sounds fine Luminoth.

I'll mm pretty much any player at this tourney besides Cheese and Lain. Let me know guys.
Luminoth MM me. Same for you Keitaro

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Someone needs to doubles MM with me and anyone in NBA Jam. $5 min cap per person.

Someone better man up to this. Also I got a ride here so I'll be here.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I have faith that my nugga lumi will go in...cept against Ybm cause that my God Kai brother and he da bess ya dig

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Not if I teach my boy Lumi about Wolf vs Kirby. I am the one whose beaten ChuDat :troll:.

Luminoth, ask me if you want advise vs Kirby.

Message me on PM on Fb or Swf or AiB.

D

Deleted member

Not if I teach my boy Lumi about Wolf vs Kirby. I am the one whose beaten ChuDat :troll:.

Luminoth, ask me if you want advise vs Kirby.

Message me on PM on Fb or Swf or AiB.
I'll be money matching him, too, ya know... >_>

And Y.b.M. plays a lot of ZSS now. You're bound to see more of that than Kirby.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll be money matching him, too, ya know... >_>

And Y.b.M. plays a lot of ZSS now. You're bound to see more of that than Kirby.
Didn't realize you were to. Good luck Auspher. You can always ask me for advice too lol.

And the MM was Wolf vs Kirby so Zss wouldn't matter since he can only use Kirby in the MM lol.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Atomsk, $10 ganon ditto mm. I hear your ganny is a mofockin monster.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Lumi, I accept the money match against your Wario. I don't know how much money I'll actually have at this point, so it may be $1 or $3. But I do want to play Wario. I like playing Wario.

I'm lining up several money matches so I can be guaranteed to play some great smashers (if I lose, whatever). With that being said: I have this habit of playing with Captain Falcon sometimes.... I wouldn't mind a money match against my Captain Falcon. Preferably, however, with a character in the same tier as him, haha. Otherwise the game would be uber-free.

Ally, I have seen videos of your C-Falc... Wanna do a money match? Probably not too expensive.... $1? I know it's cheap, but it's more for fun.

Nicole

Smash Champion
coooooool then i dont feel bad anymore krys.
but i think i am going to this again after all! so i'll see you guys there prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrobably

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ally, $1 CF vs Mario?

Also would you mind doing some MK ditto friendlies and help me out with some decision making? I really want to learn the ditto and any top level exp would be nice.

I will probably MM people here. Small amounts though. Larger if I don't enter and smash events. I want to play:

Krys, Lumi, Anti (if he comes), Sombre, Steep, Auspher, Kass, Cheese and some others. MM or otherwise, doesn't matter.

O and Nicole too. Maybe I won't get bodied as hard as I did at SiiS4.

What's The Point

Smash Master
who wants to play time crisis with me in the arcade?
I will MM you in Time Crisis.

I'm not sure how that would work yet.

Or maybe just play some Time Crisis.

Hopefully I remember to play enough Brawl. I'm more interested in this arcade right now. There better be 4-5 other people who want to do a full run through of the X-Men arcade game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom