• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *sigh* oh the life of a Zelda main [A new zelda discussion zone]

TheLake

Smash Master
Use em both dart heart!

Naryus out of shield is siiiiick

but yeah you like warrant absolute carnage upon your being

if you fail

ive had so many pepole tell me

every time i lose to a falco (somehow ^_^)

that i should have used it

lol maybe there right?

Zelda is gonna get really popular in tourney eventually

you heard it here first

shieks are gonna use her on icys puff

zelda peach is gonna be even someday

and falco

will

fall

;D

Soloist

Smash Ace
Guys, Feb 9th I'm going to enter a tourney for the first time in 9 months :3

Def still have a strong Zelda

But I've been like playing nothing but spacies

So we'll see

:phone:
Same here I think. Except it's been like eight months for me, and I'm not entering lmao. Just going to hang out
with my wang out

GOTM

Smash Champion
idk if zelda will get popular in tourney haha but i def. think people will start seeing her as a threat in certain matchups.

Griffard

Smash Ace
I want to use Zelda more in tourney, but I'd also prefer to just start performing better/more consistently with my main so I can play more games in the tourney/get that higher level practice in. Soon, though. People will begin to fear the wrath of my Zelda.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
# Zelda for S

Legit though I'm
Going Zelda next tourney, f*** sword characters

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Yo, IMO Kirby does work on Zelda, the little a******e is impossible to kick, he can crouch under grab and dash attack, he never dies from dsmash and can easily SDI out of the other smash attacks.

Just my thoughts on this irrelevant matchup

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Downward angled f-tilt hits crouching kirby and breaks crouch cancel at pretty low %. The problem is that he can shield grab it if it's not spaced immaculately. Try to figure out the situations when he shields and moves and rising kick him when he dashes or wavedashes.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
My teams partner is a kirby main and we play fairly regularly. I generally win but it does go back and forth a bit. It's not that hard to hit a crouching kirby honestly

Zone

Smash Champion
Anyone going to EVO?

I am...

But I'm not playing Zelda :(

But I want to play friendlies with some of you at least. OR atleast old school Zelda ditto just to say we did it.

only person I've zelda ditto'd with are The Lake I think.

Also I want to try my Fox vs you guys

>: )

I know your weaknesses.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Anyone going to EVO?

I am...

But I'm not playing Zelda :(

But I want to play friendlies with some of you at least. OR atleast old school Zelda ditto just to say we did it.

only person I've zelda ditto'd with are The Lake I think.

Also I want to try my Fox vs you guys

>: )

I know your weaknesses.
I may be going to EVO if money permits/I go to Genesis 3. We live pretty close though, so maybe I'll see you at some LA/ATL south tourney before then.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I'll be at Genesis 3 and Evo. I'm only gonna use zelda against peach, ICs, and maybe puff from now on though. I'm copping out big time... busting out the sheik.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
My teams partner is a kirby main and we play fairly regularly. I generally win but it does go back and forth a bit. It's not that hard to hit a crouching kirby honestly

Yeah but its easy to hit a zelda, just because its not that much of an advantage doesnt mean it isnt one, zelda has to work harder to get damage (kicks) in in this matchup, id still say its kirby's favor.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah but its easy to hit a zelda, just because its not that much of an advantage doesnt mean it isnt one, zelda has to work harder to get damage (kicks) in in this matchup, id still say its kirby's favor.
If you get the lead as zelda, what's a kirby gonna do? He has to approach and then he gets kicked in the face over and over until he dies. He doesn't have the range to deal with zelda

Articuno61

Smash Rookie
:D so happy to see that there are still active zelda's!!

Been maining her in melee for years.. and only recently have i found out about the melee community

GOTM

Smash Champion
Her OOS game is pretty atrocious if the player knows how to space shield pressure well. I think that's her biggest flaw tbh. Also, her above-character priority is absolutely terribad.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Zelda's awesome. Her only real defect is her limited ground movement, but rolling gets the job done most of the time.
Hahaha, if only. She's pretty damn slow, jumps slow, almost worthless wavedash (though it still have more uses than some would admit), and she's easily juggled as long as the opponent can get under her.

But who needs anything but donkey kicks!

Bing

Smash Master
What are Zelda's best stages? In campy match ups I try to stay away from Stages like Dreamland and I prefer to be on stages like Yoshi's and FoD. I have pretty good platform movement which is another reason I try to stick to Yoshi's, FoD and even battlefield.

GOTM

Smash Champion
The closer the platforms the better imo. Stay away from FD.....holy crap, please, stay away from FD. To add to it, she can't recover from below that stage at all.

My favorite zelda stage is FoD because characters tend to get screwed up by the moving platforms and kicked right in the face. The platforms really don't mess zelda up as much because let's face it, there's not much she's jumping around for besides one move.

Yoshi's isn't bad because you can recover from below and hit the side platform if you do it at the right height and some people don't expect it, you can ride the stage a TINY bit too towards the edge because of how it hooks.

BF seems to be the most picked stage nowadays and Zelda isn't too bad on it tbh. Platforms work for her like they work for all characters but you just have to space real well.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
In terms of camping I don't know how you would like yoshi's, how can a character as slow as Zelda camp on such a small stage?

I personal like battlefield if I'm thinking about camping, it's size is pretty perfect for Zelda to be able to run away effectivily with enough breathing room to react properly

FoD is good too since people love to complain about 'jank' characters on FoD and people think Zelda is 'mad janky' so it just works

:222:

:phone:

Edit: AND YEA NEVER GO TO FD

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't think FD is that bad vs Falco. In general, though, it seems...not ideal.

I'd say FoD > Yoshi's > Battlefield (even though the top platform seems hellish, I can't imagine DL64 or PS being better...) > FD > DL64 > Stadium

D

Deleted member

i think zelda dumps on kirby harder than falco dumps on zelda.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Hahaha, if only. She's pretty damn slow, jumps slow, almost worthless wavedash (though it still have more uses than some would admit), and she's easily juggled as long as the opponent can get under her.

But who needs anything but donkey kicks!
Having a slow jump isn't a big deal when you have a 5 frame LIGHTNING KICK. Also, you should already be jumping by the time the opponent is close enough to do anything to you anyway, so jump speed isn't a big deal there. What's a big deal is the amount of time it takes to wavedash. She actually gets decent distance from her wavedash, it just takes way more frames to actually perform the wavedash because of her slow jump.

If you have half decent DI, you're not going to get juggled very much.

Anyway, the first two things you mentioned aren't outside of what I was referring to when I said "her movement".

odinNJ

Smash Lord
If you get the lead as zelda, what's a kirby gonna do? He has to approach and then he gets kicked in the face over and over until he dies. He doesn't have the range to deal with zelda
hes gonna aproach and be a slimely little ninja, his you with his s*** attacks as you try to hit him with zeldas majestic foot.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Nah. The key to the puff matchup is to attack where Puff could be and trade hits with her if you can. On a big stage like DL Puff shouldn't be killing you anytime soon. And she can't punish your rolls if you do them safely.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Lol, I forgot about the roll dodge, also i realise that kirby has limited kill setups, yeah I can see it being in zeldas favor;.

D

Deleted member

jigglypuff hasn't been nearly as problematic for me as say falcon has.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend that mained Puff back in NC (and coincidentally one here in GA too), but it's been a while since we've played together. I don't know if he plays her anymore.

Top Bottom