• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, that makes sense.
I just hope that the American voice acting is good.

I hope the Shulk amiibo does something in X. *crosses fingers for the Monado as a weapon*
Monado as a weapon would be weird, as I doubt it would actually give you Monado Arts. A Shulk out fit for the avatar seems like a better fit.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wow this thread definitely moves really fast.

I missed everything from the thread raid to discussion on used characters.

Still I am really excited for XCX and the presentation today really upped my hype even more! Now it is my 2nd most hyped title (sorry!) behind Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Wow this thread definitely moves really fast.

I missed everything from the thread raid to discussion on used characters.

Still I am really excited for XCX and the presentation today really upped my hype even more! Now it is my 2nd most hyped title (sorry!) behind Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
As if anything can top the hype that is Majoras mask.
(MonHun stays place two. I can feel that intense hunting and no water levels already.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Anyone posted the 3DS trailer yet? I like that they made sure that "I'm feeling it" made it in.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Anyone posted the 3DS trailer yet? I like that they made sure that "I'm feeling it" made it in.

And the epicness that is Dunban.
But I have to say, the trailer doesn't spoiler, yet it makes people want to buy the game, getting curious.
Really good done.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
I like that they made sure that "I'm feeling it" made it in.
Well it was said pretty often in battle. I'm not surprised.

What kinda surprised me is how Dunban had full arts. But that could've easily been modified for the sake of the trailer.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Chugga's LP finally got to the point we were all waiting for by the way. The big reveal.

Zanza time!

Last edited:

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
Probably my favorite Xenoblade X music is where it starts from discovering areas, dashing, skip traveling, Navigation Ball, the Hopper Camera, and to the Dolls. Here are the lyrics I could pick up (I think):

"Is there anyone there? I believe I can run!"
(Cross jumping on volcanic rocks)

"Gotta keep on slamming! Slamming! Slamming!"
(Hopper Camera part)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't want to see much more of X. I am sure I will love the game and really just look forward to discovering everything myself.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
That Xenoblade 3D trailer is so good.

I actually think the graphics are better. They managed to reduce the weird popins in Makna from what I could see (it was visible in the opening cutscene on Wii but I didn't notice anything in the trailer)

And the 3D here will be so good :D

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Just watched the direct and it was awesome. I noticed while watching that the enemies in this game have verrrry unique designs. Obviously there was the scene demonstrating some unique monsters, but here's a few I saw that weren't exactly the main thing being shown

^ This new forest area is obscenely beautiful

((Aurorus and a gigantic walking plant)) ^^

^ This thing looks like Groganch from Metroid Other M haha

The hype for this game is too strong.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Chugga Let's Play (and end-game SPOILERS) :
I've always licked D!ckson, even after that Level Infinity Epic Super Twist, Plus.

He was pretty bad*** and made some good jokes and quotes until that.
And even after, when you finally beat him at Prison Island, you see that he finally wasn't that purely evil, seeing Shulk like a sort of nephew.
I couldn't let that typo go unnoticed XD. Sorry about that.

So anyways, as for Xenoblade X, I agree with Spazzy
I don't want to see much more of X. I am sure I will love the game and really just look forward to discovering everything myself.
Since I already know I'm getting the game, I don't want to lose the sense of discovery.

D

Deleted member

I'm curious, which game's story do you think is better? Earthbound's or Xenoblade's? Feel free to add in Mother 3 if you want.
I don't think that their stories are really comparable. Xenoblade's story is absolutely massive with tons of twists while EarthBound's story is self-aware and is full of wit. They both have great characters and intriguing lore, but I can't say that one story is better than the other (I love the story to both games, BTW).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yep! All the new information is fantastic! I might actually be able to play multiplayer with someone.

I'm excited for the new 3ds version of Xenoblade. I probably won't get it until my birthday, but I like the idea of a portable Xenoblade then a amazing looking one. This game screams a need for connivence. It's very easy to just get disinterested in the game, or have life get in the way.

Also, you get things like sleep mode, and music playing in sleep mode, (Thank you Kirby Triple Deluxe and Smash bros for making that a thing). Just all around a great version.

Anyway, I've been noticing this particular type of comment:
Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 6.36.23 PM.png

Huh? All of that were hated things? Ok, maybe the poor collision detection, but the other stuff?

Seriously, all of this has been coming up a lot since the stream. It isn't just youtube but on Newsite comments as well. Huh.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Anyway, I've been noticing this particular type of comment:
View attachment 38088

Huh? All of that were hated things? Ok, maybe the poor collision detection, but the other stuff?

Seriously, all of this has been coming up a lot since the stream. It isn't just youtube but on Newsite comments as well. Huh.
I thought people hated turn-based combat. They get a game without it and they complain?

Who am I kidding. Everyone complains once they get something they want.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I thought people hated turn-based combat. They get a game without it and they complain?

Yes. Also, they are probably just an unkowning nintendo hating bunch, complaining on the "new ip". Since they can't complain anymore that nintendo hasn't got a new ip.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Alright Shulks, Xenoblade X Direct turned me. It looks even more amazing than it did! The size of the world is just amazing. Though, I have seen a theory that is very interesting, on Youtube.
MarioMan said:
About the size of the world; When I saw the stream this morning and they revealed the map, I thought, "Well, it doesn't look as big as I was expecting." Then I just remembered something. Now, this is a theory I have about the game, and I highly doubt that it's true, but I was re-watching the Treehouse Stream and right when Cross gets out of the pod and the area is introduce, under the Japanese text in small font is "Prologue Planet: Mira". I believe there may be interplanetary travel, since it does say PROLOGUE planet. I dunno. That would explain the world size. I hope it's like that, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't. The game looks great. I'm so hyped for the multiplayer.
Does anyone read Japanese and can confirm this? If so, then it would be even more amazing!
Edit: Thinking even more deeply into this, I realized something. We know almost nothing about the 2 alien races that destroyed earth... That is extremely odd and I think they could play a huge role in the story... If that is indeed true, and if it indeed takes a lot of what Xenoblade did.... Then we may be able to go to these 2 alien races planets because
In Xenoblade Chronicles you got to actually visit the Mechonis, even when you did not expect to.
Then again, I could just be spitballing here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes. Also, they are probably just an unkowning nintendo hating bunch, complaining on the "new ip". Since they can't complain anymore that nintendo hasn't got a new ip.
That's the internet in a nutshell for you. People will always find something to complain about.

Always.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I felt the need to contribute a post towards the exciting information revealed today, so yeah. . .

. . . Anyways, the game continues to look better and better. 4-player online co-op for multiplayer quests is cool, and come the games N.A. release, I think at minimum that us here can all cooperate in the loosely connected 32-player features (such as item exchanges, etc.), which should be helpful! I'd also like to mention that, whether or not we can travel to other planets / systems, Mira is turning out to be very beautiful (that suggestion of how Mira is the Prologue Planet brings up a valid point, and I feel Mira isn't the only thing we'll be seeing regardless due to space combat (at least cinematically) being shown before too).

Satorl Marsh 2.0, anyone? I can't wait to experience this area along with its music!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
:link:
I

Satorl Marsh 2.0, anyone? I can't wait to experience this area along with its music!

Yeeeeeeessss. This is looking to be my favorite area of the game. I always love mushroom aesthetics. Satoral marsh never did it for me because it was too blue at night, but this area has just the right lighting effect to make me be amazed.

D

Deleted member

I thought the same thing! I said, "Satorl Marsh?" That's what this area reminds me of and I can't wait to hear the music in it.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I didn't like the way he was handled towards the end, as he never actually seemed to feel sorry or bad about what he did even in the slightest. I am not saying he shouldn't have betrayed them, as it makes sense for his character and he had thrown his lot in with Zanza years prior. He was completely defined by being Zanza's disciple. He should have at least shown some remorse, though, instead of just being a super ****. He should have gone on about how he wished there was another way, or at least said something more sentimental about Shulk (to himself, not the others) when he was dying. I'm "actually proud of you" would have gone a lot further than "the student has surpassed the teacher." As is stands, I would rather he had said nothing in Satorl.
I honestly believe Duckson's betrayal would have been much more cutting if they didn't build him up to be suspicious from Satorl onwards. One particular moment when they meet him at Sword Valley. They explain that Metal Face is actually Mumkhar, and one part of the scene goes
'son: "Hmm... things are getting interesting..."
Shulk: "What was that?"
'son: "Oh... nothing."

That particular bit annoyed me. There is literally nothing suspicious about that statement, he could've said "I said things are getting interesting. Homs being turned into Mechon? Didn't see that coming." But no, he chose to hide and completely normal statement which makes it suspicious.
Well it was said pretty often in battle. I'm not surprised.

What kinda surprised me is how Dunban had full arts. But that could've easily been modified for the sake of the trailer.
What do you mean? Dunban has full arts in that battle, if I remember correctly.
Probably my favorite Xenoblade X music is where its from starts from discovering areas, dashing, skip traveling, Navigation Ball, the Hopper Camera, and to the Dolls. Here are the lyrics I could pick up (I think):

"Is there anyone there? I believe I can run!"
(Cross jumping on volcanic rocks)

"Gotta keep on slamming! Slamming! Slamming!"
(Hopper Camera part)
Yeah, I loved it! It's brave of them to go for so many vocal tracks - hopefully it pays off. With so many of them, I was having flashbacks to what The World Ends With You (and to a lesser extent, Final Fantasy XIII-2) did. The vocal tracks they used worked very well with the settings, I have faith XCX will do the same.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

I memed and I'm sorry.

Lyn is great.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Melia is the best! I used her my first run through of the game from the moment you get her to the end of the game.

Just noticed how much we've been tinkering with buster and jump and I'm happy about it. For all the praise we give speed, all we did was boil it down to pivot grabs, dash to shield faking, pivot f-tilt/f-smash spacing, and a bunch of combos that can also be done in jump art. Speed strategies haven't really moved that much which was weird and we should probably mess with speed more. I mean, all we did was find out that you could play Speed Shulk like Sonic in a way. Anyway, speed Shulk is really good so whatever. I'm also kinda confused as to how we never tinkered with shield. Bowser's f-smash being unsafe on hit against Shield Shulk says a lot about it. Hmmm....

Idk what to do with smash though. That art is horrible in neutral (Thanks to the ultra unsafe attacks, low DPS, decreased weight). It's only good once you gained some sort of momentum

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just noticed how much we've been tinkering with buster and jump and I'm happy about it. For all the praise we give speed, all we did was boil it down to pivot grabs, dash to shield faking, pivot f-tilt/f-smash spacing, and a bunch of combos that can also be done in jump art. Speed strategies haven't really moved that much which was weird and we should probably mess with speed more. I mean, all we did was find out that you could play Speed Shulk like Sonic in a way. Anyway, speed Shulk is really good so whatever. I'm also kinda confused as to how we never tinkered with shield. Bowser's f-smash being unsafe on hit against Shield Shulk says a lot about it. Hmmm....

Idk what to do with smash though. That art is horrible in neutral (Thanks to the ultra unsafe attacks, low DPS, decreased weight). It's only good once you gained some sort of momentum
We probably didn't look at shield much for one of the reasons you listed in Smash: low damage and less safe
attacks on shield as a result. Also it makes you really slow and easy to evade.

It's not really an art that you WANT to use in ideal situations, but sometimes you do want safety
from death in critical moments.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/xenobl...line-co-op-usb-keyboard-support-#.VNYs_PnF-So
USB keyboard support? Time to learn how to type with my feet XD

Seriously though, this social should start a Xenoblade X group for the 32-player tips thing. That would be really great!

Also can't wait to get into the model/song collection in Xenoblade 3D. After I'm finished collecting everything for Smash Bros. 3DS that is.... (Those 2 Mii Headgear though)

We probably didn't look at shield much for one of the reasons you listed in Smash: low damage and less safe
attacks on shield as a result. Also it makes you really slow and easy to evade.

It's not really an art that you WANT to use in ideal situations, but sometimes you do want safety
from death in critical moments.
Yeah but it also makes attacks and even throws unsafe on hit against Shulk

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
GUYS

CLUB NINTENDO'S SECOND 3-POSTER SMASH BROS SET

SHULK, DUCK HUNT, BOWSER JR

WHERE DO I GET 700 COINS

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Jesus Christ how horrifying!
Shouldn't have thrown a rock at him.

@ Berserker. Berserker. The thing is, any potential additional opportunities to attack that Shield might
provide are offset by the damage penalty that Shield imposes. So it really doesn't help in offence
much at all, especially when it makes you easier to lame out. Using it while waiting for a chance
to kill in a dangerous situation is the best I can think of for it in that regard.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Jesus Christ how horrifying!
Something I just realized. The monsters have more personality to them now then just being a monster to fight. Looking at this pic, this monster is moving super fast to chase you. All the monsters in Xenoblade just kinda sat there and shot from afar or move decently towards you.

We can't forget about the giant monster that digs through the ground either. I don't think there was any kind of monster who could do that in Xenoblade.

Seeing more dynamic monsters make me excited! :D

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Agreed!
The monsters in this game seem a bit more... frightening with their actions this time around. I can't imagine what the unique monsters will be like.
Not that the original didn't know how to scare you with it's monsters. Can you say... giant spiders
in a fetch quest? Or how about a slowly approaching T-Rex while you desperately try to kill that
unique monster in Maka Forest.

Top Bottom