• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's what Happy Happy is for. And doesn't Battle Soul only increase your Talent Gauge?

By the way, which team of three do you think is the best? I would say some combination of Melia, Shulk, Dunban, and Riki. Reyn is not that great, Sharla is trash, and Seven is basically a worse Dunban. Melia, Shulk, and Dunban are major DPS, and Riki's DoT and healing is really helpful. Now I wish Xenoblade could have 4 characters in the party like Xenoblade X :(

btw guys you can unequip Battle Soul by going into the Arts menu and pressing ZR
I like going the safe path:
Shulk, Fiora (or Riki), Sharla is the team I used the most often when I played Xenoblade.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
By the way, which team of three do you think is the best? I would say some combination of Melia, Shulk, Dunban, and Riki. Reyn is not that great, Sharla is trash, and Seven is basically a worse Dunban. Melia, Shulk, and Dunban are major DPS, and Riki's DoT and healing is really helpful. Now I wish Xenoblade could have 4 characters in the party like Xenoblade X :(
My team always consisted of Shulk/_____, Reyn, and Sharla.

I most of the time picked whichever characters were the lowest in level at the time though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About Chugaaconroy's Let's Play :
So this is it, Chugga's at one of the greatest cliffhangers that ever existed in every media ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Melia likes astrology.
I tried to make my Melia argue against Astrology, but eh she still seemed kind of swayed by Sharla.
Battle soul is only good if you feel like giving the enemy the upper hand for the ****s and giggles
No, it's pretty useful as long as Shulk doesn't have much aggro.
That's what Happy Happy is for. And doesn't Battle Soul only increase your Talent Gauge?
Yeah
For high level uniques or high level hordes:
-Sharla (my tank/healer/utility set)
-Riki (ether arts)
-Shulk (monado arts and dps, with night vision gem) or maybe Melia

I used to do this (how I beat avalanche abaasy):
I'm Sharla just healing/curing people
I have Riki tanking with ether arts and high aggro ups
Shulk's there for when I need him for visions, maybe he can get a back slash or something too.

When I travel around more casually I usually go as either Shulk or Melia with quick step gems. I just have like Riki and some sort of tank along with me.
I like going the safe path:
Shulk, Seven (or Riki), Sharla is the team I used the most often when I played Xenoblade.
My team always consisted of Shulk/Seven, Reyn, and Sharla.

I most of the time picked whichever characters were the lowest in level at the time though.
Are we ignoring spoilers now o.o?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Is the Wii U eShop down for anyone else? My Hyrule Warriors update data downloaded, but not my DLC. Every time I try going to the eShop it'll say "Could not display page". My internets fine, my 3DS connects to the eShop fine. I can only assume it's just busy. I want to play as Young Link. :crying:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
About Chugaaconroy's Let's Play :
So this is it, Chugga's at one of the greatest cliffhangers that ever existed in every media ever.
To be honest, I'm disappointed that a lot of people in the comment section care more about Dickson then anything else.
Let's Review:
Shulk got shot and might die
Meyneth is dead
Zanza wasn't some strange giant but rather the sword
The sword was evil all along
The line "No more gods."
The amazing infinity damage vision
Zanza looking like that
ALCAMOTH!?!
Prison island "sinking"
The amazing music
Shulk was dead all along
Dickson planned everything

Really now, Dickson being evil was incredibly predictable, and yet thats what people care about the most in the video? This entire cutscene was amazing and Dickson was just a small part of it. >.>

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
To be honest, I'm disappointed that a lot of people in the comment section care more about ****son then anything else.
Let's Review:
Meyneth is dead
The line "No more gods."
Zanza looking like that
ALCAMOTH!?!
Prison island "sinking"
The amazing music
Shulk was dead all along
****son planned everything
First of all I like how Dickson is censored. He's just that evil.

Also I like how there are some parts of this that do not match the others
"The amazing infinity damage vision"
"The amazing music"

like what

Also which track was it? Bionis' Awakening? Tragic Decision? I don't remember and I'm really behind on the LP

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
First of all I like how ****son is censored. He's just that evil.

Also I like how there are some parts of this that do not match the others
"The amazing infinity damage vision"
"The amazing music"

like what

Also which track was it? Bionis' Awakening? Tragic Decision? I don't remember and I'm really behind on the LP
I was referring to the entire episode. Which has both the fight with Yaldabroth and the twist so I see no problem. Also, all of it for amazing music. Music was plural in that case. Though, Tragic decision is my favorite track in Xenoblade.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
To be honest, I'm disappointed that a lot of people in the comment section care more about ****son then anything else.
Let's Review:
Meyneth is dead
The line "No more gods."
Zanza looking like that
ALCAMOTH!?!
Prison island "sinking"
The amazing music
Shulk was dead all along

Really now, ****son being evil was incredibly predictable, and yet thats what people care about the most in the video? This entire cutscene was amazing and ****son was just a small part of it. >.>
I'm pretty sure Shulk died again almost instantly, given Zanza left his body moments after he was shot. Pretty sure that was made clear he was dead when they started talking about the "already dead" plot point.

Also, i'd had a feeling the Monado was alive all along, and thought it'd be cool if it was secretly evil, but i didn't expect that to happen.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Let's Review:
Meyneth is dead
The line "No more gods."
Zanza looking like that
ALCAMOTH!?!
Prison island "sinking"
The amazing music
Shulk was dead all along

Really now, ****son being evil was incredibly predictable, and yet thats what people care about the most in the video? This entire cutscene was amazing and ****son was just a small part of it. >.>
You forgot about how the Bionis and Mechonis once lived in peace, which is important since Shulk questioned why they kept fighting in the first place.

Egil literally became my favorite RPG character after I saw this cutscene. It's a shame that everyone's focus is on the betrayal that was clued numerous times beforehand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chugga Let's Play (and end-game SPOILERS) :
I've always licked D!ckson, even after that Level Infinity Epic Super Twist, Plus.

He was pretty bad*** and made some good jokes and quotes until that.
And even after, when you finally beat him at Prison Island, you see that he finally wasn't that purely evil, seeing Shulk like a sort of nephew.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Chugga Let's Play (and end-game SPOILERS) :
I've always licked D!ckson, even after that Level Infinity Epic Super Twist, Plus.

He was pretty bad*** and made some good jokes and quotes until that.
And even after, when you finally beat him at Prison Island, you see that he finally wasn't that purely evil, seeing Shulk like a sort of nephew.
That scene always gets a few tears out of me. They really did have a sort of father/ son relationship, and yet they were both too stubborn to admit it. And then Dickson dies without either one saying goodbye. Just a simple acknowledgement of skill from Dickson and a few tears from Shulk, but neither let the other see. Love that scene.

D!ckson kinda made it obvious if you remember that dialogue back when you've reached Satorl Marsh. I don't remember the exact lines but it something along the lines of: "Can't say I don't feel bad for deceiving these kids"

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
D!ckson kinda made it obvious if you remember that dialogue back when you've reached Satorl Marsh. I don't remember the exact lines but it something along the lines of: "Can't say I don't feel bad for deceiving these kids"
I didn't like the way he was handled towards the end, as he never actually seemed to feel sorry or bad about what he did even in the slightest. I am not saying he shouldn't have betrayed them, as it makes sense for his character and he had thrown his lot in with Zanza years prior. He was completely defined by being Zanza's disciple. He should have at least shown some remorse, though, instead of just being a super ****. He should have gone on about how he wished there was another way, or at least said something more sentimental about Shulk (to himself, not the others) when he was dying. I'm "actually proud of you" would have gone a lot further than "the student has surpassed the teacher." As is stands, I would rather he had said nothing in Satorl.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Is that buster? I know it's a Monado Art.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, I'm certainly excited for the stream! Changed my avi to the character I'm most looking forward to. :)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I won't be able to watch, how long is the direct?
The direct was 22 minutes long. While I couldn't understand most of it, the areas were great to look at, some of the songs were great as well.

I will say, I'm starting to get a little skeptical on the idea of a lot of the soundtrack being vocal. Some of the songs just didn't go that well. With that said, there were still some fantastic tracks! Like when they were showing off NLA.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The game is pretty looking, I'll give it that.

Hope we see some English language footage of X soon.

D

Deleted member

That Direct was awesome! ...Even though I didn't understand a damn word. :(
I kinda made out some things, but I wish that American audiences would have at least be given a translation of the Direct.

I'm worried that we'll just get Japanese dub in Xenoblade X, we still have not heard news for an English voice cast and it's getting pretty close to the release date.
That's for Japan at least. For the Americans, we don't know when we'll get it. I bet that we will get an English dub. Hopefully British.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That Direct was awesome! ...Even though I didn't understand a damn word. :(
I kinda made out some things, but I wish that American audiences would have at least be given a translation of the Direct.

That's for Japan at least. For the Americans, we don't know when we'll get it. I bet that we will get an English dub. Hopefully British.
I LOVE the British voice acting in Xenoblade, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to not have American voice acting when the interstellar ark they are on is clearly American and the new city they start is named after Los Angeles.

So yeah, American voice acting for X.

Also, Shulk Amiibo support for Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS...it unlocks music and art from what I understand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I LOVE the British voice acting in Xenoblade, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to not have American voice acting when the interstellar ark they are on is clearly American and the new city they start is named after Los Angeles.

So yeah, American voice acting for X.

Also, Shulk Amiibo support for Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS...it unlocks music and art from what I understand.

Yeah, that makes sense.
I just hope that the American voice acting is good.

I hope the Shulk amiibo does something in X. *crosses fingers for the Monado as a weapon*

Top Bottom