• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
[quote="XenoBrawler610, post: 18549328, member: 222366"]Actually, I unlocked the Mechonis trophy and I still haven't seen any more Xenoblade trophies. I have completed Shulk and His Friends and I have the trophies for both the Bionis and the Mechonis. (the former I used... a Golden Hammer... Smash Tour is torture, OK?)

But, I still haven't seen anything from the Mechonis line.[/quote]
Really, nothing in the trophy shop? As soon as i got Mechonis, i got all of the Mechon literally in each visit to the Trophy Shop after that. I got Seven and Face Nemesis via All Star Mode though.

And its fine, i hate Smash Tour with a passion too. Everything's luck based, gah.

D

Deleted member

Really, nothing in the trophy shop? As soon as i got Mechonis, i got all of the Mechon literally in each visit to the Trophy Shop after that. I got Seven and Face Nemesis via All Star Mode though.

And its fine, i hate Smash Tour with a passion too. Everything's luck based, gah.
Yup. Nothing in the shop, and I've checked after every time I beat Classic Mode or finished a session in For Glory.
...The Mechon must be afraid of me since I main Shulk.

Yeah and that's not fun. :crying: I only regret it because I could've went on the small board and easily have done the objective, but eh. I don't really intend to complete Smash 4 since some of the challenges are insane.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
[quote="XenoBrawler610, post: 18549328, member: 222366"]Actually, I unlocked the Mechonis trophy and I still haven't seen any more Xenoblade trophies. I have completed Shulk and His Friends and I have the trophies for both the Bionis and the Mechonis. (the former I used... a Golden Hammer... Smash Tour is torture, OK?)

But, I still haven't seen anything from the Mechonis line.

Did you have any trophies other than:
Shulk, Shulk (alt), Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, Dunban, Riki, Melia, Bionis, Mechonis, and Chain Attack before those trophies started showing up? Those are the trophies I have right now. Maybe something you did unlocked the capability to get the other Xenoblade trophies. I've been checking trophy shop like every day for the last month and nothing new ever shows up, especially any of the other xenoblade ones.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Shulk, Shulk (alt), Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, Dunban, Riki, Melia, Bionis, Mechonis, and Chain Attack before those trophies started showing up? Those are the trophies I have right now. Maybe something you did unlocked the capability to get the other Xenoblade trophies. I've been checking trophy shop like every day for the last month and nothing new ever shows up, especially any of the other xenoblade ones.
I've collected all the trophies in the game and I find that the trophy shop isn't very reliable.
Just keep doing trophy rush with DK for a couple days and you'll probably get them.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
I only have the Melia, Riki, and Bionis trophies. The Bionis one is actually really cool. If you look closely, you'll be able to point out each and every location on the Bionis which is a really nice touch.

That moment when you realize Colony 6 is on the Bionis Junk.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Funny story: I bought Xenoblade Chronicles about a year ago, but I never actually played it because I was kind of embarrassed at having spent a ridiculous amount of $$ on what was essentially an impulse purchase. When Shulk was revealed for Sm4sh, I was thinking "hmmmm that series name sounds familiar. I wonder?" and I looked up the box art and yup, there's that big stone dude and the red sword. I got it sent to my new place and I've been playing it almost non-stop ever since. It's the weirdest coincidence; perhaps if Shulk hadn't been in Sm4sh, I would've just ignored it for a very long time. Smash saving souls every day~

I'm pretty sure I'm about halfway through the story. Smash actually "spoiled" one thing

I realized Metal Face was Mumkhar from the opening sequence because he had the same accent as Metal Face in Sm4sh, obvs. From this, it was really easy to find out that the Monado did not work on Faces because they're actually people somehow.

but it was really obvious otherwise even without Smash. I'm super curious about how it all turns out. I've been trying to avoid spoilers as much as I can; I didn't even read the trophy descriptions because I heard they spoiled something. I already spoiled most of Attack On Titan; I don't want to do that again.

This is the first new series I've played in a long while, so I was super uncomfortable with the controls and had no idea what I was doing for a while. To give you an example, I died like ten (maybe even more) times to the Arachno Queen, more than I've died with any other boss or enemy so far. I've gotten the hang of it now, and I find the battle system pretty fun. The dialogue is also kind of unintentionally hilarious. "Water! The source of all life!" "Oww! Hot to the touch!" "Dance with me!" and practically everything Reyn says. I appreciate the non-American localization, despite being American myself; it's nice to see something not aimed at Americans and it gave us the comedy gold that is Cockney Robots.

I can't wait to finish the game so I can read this thread without dodging spoilers left and right. I'll get there! In another fifty hours!
This was something I knew Smash would ruin, people would identify Mumkhar's voice. Metal Face does not speak during the Colony 9 attack - I believe this is strategic. By the time you meet him at the end of Colony 6, you've long since forgotten about him. I personally didn't work it out until I was around the High Entia Tomb, and seeing the conversation with NPC Desirée in Colony 9 confirmed my suspicions. (She mentions her father was a blacksmith before being killed by Mechon, she marveled at the way he swung a hammer, and his business was called Xord's Smithy.)
I too have only unlocked the main party, Chain Attack and Mechonis. No Mechon trophies, and I pretty much live in the trophy shop - nothing new appears any more, unless there's a Character (Alt.) trophy. I'm certain there must be some kind of condition.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I've collected all the trophies in the game and I find that the trophy shop isn't very reliable.
Just keep doing trophy rush with DK for a couple days and you'll probably get them.
You have them all yet we all have none. Seems fishy to me :3. You'd think at least one person would have in the middle. How many new trophies would you get a trophy rush session? I usually get 0 and occasionally get 1. I'm at 507 trophies though.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm hoping that in Xenoblade X, the shopping districts and stuff we saw in the trailers are actually functional, and not just for buying weaponry and armor. One of the things I love most about RPGs is that you can go into a city and just relax for a while, so I'm hoping there will be minigames to play, worthless junk to buy, and stuff like that. Altogether it makes the whole world of the game seem more alive. Like I've spent so much time in Paper Mario just buying Li'l Oinks and I wanna do stupid crap like that in Xenoblade X.

Maybe we can have a pet cat and keep it in BLADE headquarters! Elma is a cat lover, after all!

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Note to self: remember to be properly leveled or get your rear handed over to you by a level 67 face in Agniratha.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm just going to leave this here.
A medley of nearly every track in Super Smash Bros. (64).

marasy8's way too skilled for his/her own good. I only wish I was this great.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

The monkey feeds him/her power!! Seriously though, this person is such a pro at piano. LOL the glove XD.

We need to find a way to get this person to play some Xenoblade music.

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
So Patch 1.05 came out for the 3DS, and there's one thing to point out.

The Share icon has two hands shaking each other, forming a heart... Sounds familiar, Xenoblade fans?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The monkey feeds him/her power!! Seriously though, this person is such a pro at piano. LOL the glove XD.

We need to find a way to get this person to play some Xenoblade music.
I've been waiting and hoping for that. As far as I can tell, they play a lot of Touhou (humans can play Touhou music?! [Humans can play Touhou?!]) and (probably) Vocaloid stuff, closest they've gotten to Xenoblade is with this Smash one, some Pokémon ones, a Super Mario World and a Kirby one. Dabbling in Nintendo, though largely the first two and various animes.

Yes, I get lost in that YouTube channel, I love it.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I had Shulk, SHulk (Alt), Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, Dunban, Melia and Chain Attack before those trophies showed up. I got Riki way later, but still before i got the Mechonis Trophies.

I kid you not, as soon as i got the Mechonis trophy, all the Mechon trophies immediately began appearing in the trophy shop, when they had never appeared a month prior. Same thing happened with the Koopalings as soon as i got the Bowser Jr. trophy in Classic, and the Alph trophy after i did Olimar. I'm sure they're connected.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

If you go really slowly you could probably make sheet music out of this. It'd take several years but it's probably doable

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So Patch 1.05 came out for the 3DS, and there's one thing to point out.

The Share icon has two hands shaking each other, forming a heart... Sounds familiar, Xenoblade fans?
Wow... yep! It looks exactly how it does in Xenoblade :D. It's really cool that they decided on that (it's pretty clear that it's intentional).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Bah, people are starting to get Shulk amiibos. I have to wait until Shulk's japanese release date to get both Rosalina and Shulk.

Speaking of Shulk amiibo, hope it does something cool in X. Even if it did the same thing as Xenoblade 3d, that would still be nice.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Bah, people are starting to get Shulk amiibos. I have to wait until Shulk's japanese release date to get both Rosalina and Shulk.

Speaking of Shulk amiibo, hope it does something cool in X. Even if it did the same thing as Xenoblade 3d, that would still be nice.
Best case scenario is that it gives the armor of each character, or the Monado as a weapon. Original music would also be an amazing prize.

D

Deleted member

Fancy meeting you here...
IMG_0121.JPG

amiibo boy...

I finally got my Shulk amiibo! I wanted to snag a second one, but the stock they had left was enough for preorders only. :(
Anyways, I took two more photos, both of them being of his box.
IMG_0119.JPG

What the box looks like.

IMG_0120.JPG

What the back of the box looks like.

I wonder how I would have reacted during speculation if I found out Shulk was playable and he was getting a collectable figurine...
I probably would have flipped!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Ordered mine from Japan along with Meta Knight, so I've got another month to wait...

Anyone getting hyped for the New 3DS on Friday though?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ordered mine from Japan along with Meta Knight, so I've got another month to wait...

Anyone getting hyped for the New 3DS on Friday though?
Getting hyped for Majora's Mask on Friday! It'll be a while till I get a New 3DS though. April at least.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Getting hyped for Majora's Mask on Friday! It'll be a while till I get a New 3DS though. April at least.
The GameInformer I got today gives MM3D 9.25, so it must be good. I've got major arachnophobia (can't even play Okami lol) so I think I'll pass.

I just want a New 3DS by April 10

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So the weirdest thing happened just now. I was playing for glory on my 3ds, and it was the Spirit Tracks stage. I was Melia Shulk against a Dark Pit, and when he was falling off of the stage for his last life, I decided to try to spike him. I missed, we both fell down, I used Air Slash, the game ended, and what I saw was the air slash attack effect, without a Shulk. I saved a replay of it, but so far the replay didn't replay the bug.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Alright, I want everyone here to be perfectly honest.

How many people in this thread named their Shulk amiibo "Monado Boy"?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
The GameInformer I got today gives MM3D 9.25, so it must be good. I've got major arachnophobia (can't even play Okami lol) so I think I'll pass.

I just want a New 3DS by April 10
:link:
If you've a major fear, then you do. . . I'm not here to cast judgement or anything. Ha. But, I will say that it's a disservice to humanity to not experience Okami. Such a beautifully crafted piece of art. . . It's actually making me sad, knowing that it deserved much more sales and recognition than it had (good acclaim, at least). It also reminds me that the game would be of a perfect fit to the Wii U, using the Celestial Brush on the Gamepad with proper button controls (unlike the Wii iteration). . . I want the HD port and / or a sequel on Wii U. T-T

. . . Anyways, Majora's Mask is definitely great, but I suppose nothing is for everyone. I'm still waiting for my N3DS MM Edition to be shipped to me, so probably within the next week and a half or whatever. Until then, I'll be occupying myself with MM3D starting tomorrow, and another potential snowstorm over the weekend (it's like the third one in three weeks already).

Last edited:

Disaster-sama

Smash Cadet
NNID
El_huracan
Yeah, i think Shulk does well against Link. A month ago i fought a great Link called "El Huracan" (The Hurricane), and my Shulk allowed me to take him down, albeit it was super close. Sure, Link has projectiles, but given his speed (or lack their of), and Shulk's increased mobility via Artes, he can close the gap incredibly quick and take him out. Our matches were intense, and we friended each other.

As for ROB...I'll be honest, i have a hard time dealing with him all around, even with Shulk. He's the bane of my existence in this game, i hate dealing with him more than Yoshi and Diddy. -__-

Still dont have hyper or decisive artes for Shulk. I should try to get them sometime.

Lol, the Monado's power is so strong that it can take out a charge shot. XD
I remember your Shulk, that match was intense.

Personally I think Link vs Shulk match up is even, maybe I could say it’s a 5-5 match up. I obviously didn't prove that though.

Specifically, I think Link can shut down Jump and Shield: The up throw bomb can space the incoming high jump fair/nair attack. Shield can be jumped over, and if you have a bomb in hand the down throw bomb is really helpful to keep him away.

Speed is a problem, Link has the option to space speed with the first jab or a timed nair. Still, speed is the best bet for shulk against Link.

For Smash and Buster, im still not sure how to approach them.

Top Bottom