• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Lol that would be amusing. Imagine them adding a touhou mode for a short time before reimus release
Best thing they could do for Touhou along those lines would be to change the credits part of Reimu's classic mode to an actual Touhou-style level with Reimu as the player character, it'd be great.

Usually wait for a sale on games but decided to buy Luna Nights at full price!! Love Touhou and it looks sick
Enjoy! It's well worth full price. Very slick, polished, and fun.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Best thing they could do for Touhou along those lines would be to change the credits part of Reimu's classic mode to an actual Touhou-style level with Reimu as the player character, it'd be great.

Enjoy! It's well worth full price. Very slick, polished, and fun.
that would be an amazing end credits stuff. heck through in touhou spirits during it

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
that would be an amazing end credits stuff. heck through in touhou spirits during it
I don't think it'd be too hard to do, either. All they'd need to do for an effective homage is swap the player model with a Reimu one, change the projectile effects, and replace the BGM with a Touhou song. Nothing's easy in game dev, but that doesn't seem like too heavy of a lift.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't think it'd be too hard to do, either. All they'd need to do for an effective homage is swap the player model with a Reimu one, change the projectile effects, and replace the BGM with a Touhou song. Nothing's easy in game dev, but that doesn't seem like too heavy of a lift.
you know its already your character doing the shooting right? They are holding a super scope and riding on a platform.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So I had an idea after watching that Sephiroth presentation:

Reimu limited event: "Touhou Dairantou ~ Radiance of Chromatic Cross", a full-on Touhou game crammed into Smash Bros! Beat that limited mode, and you'll unlock Reimu, Hakurei Shrine and the Touhou music library earlier than usual!
Oh god please this would be so funny but also so tilting for so many.

So I am a bit of a shmup newbie overall, so sell me the biggest Touhou soundtrack possible. We are talking Terry tier music levels.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So I had an idea after watching that Sephiroth presentation:

Reimu limited event: "Touhou Dairantou ~ Radiance of Chromatic Cross", a full-on Touhou game crammed into Smash Bros! Beat that limited mode, and you'll unlock Reimu, Hakurei Shrine and the Touhou music library earlier than usual!
This would be absolute carnage even on Easy. Sounds hilarious, haha.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Bit late to the party but yeah, another slot taken by yet another character that isnt Marisa Reimu. Still 3 slots left so there's still hope.

Can't be disappointed though, Sephiroth is the first DLC character that I'm actually stoked for. And here I thought Square Enix would continue sitting on their IP. Glad to see some more music and "the" antagonist of the series.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Bit late to the party but yeah, another slot taken by yet another character that isnt Marisa Reimu. Still 3 slots left so there's still hope.

Can't be disappointed though, Sephiroth is the first DLC character that I'm actually stoked for. And here I thought Square Enix would continue sitting on their IP. Glad to see some more music and "the" antagonist of the series.
About 2 months ago Sakurai officially tweeted a screenshot with two clocks and a dark purple background. So what if the indie rep turns out to be Sakuya? If it did happen, given that she is an obscure character, I would be downright disappointed.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
About 2 months ago Sakurai officially tweeted a screenshot with two clocks and a dark purple background. So what if the indie rep turns out to be Sakuya?
That's kind of a reach, honestly. Sakurai's POTDs aren't some 4D chess hints to keep us all guessing.

If it did happen, given that she is an obscure character, I would be downright disappointed.
1608321858470.png

Quidd Dude

Smash Apprentice
About 2 months ago Sakurai officially tweeted a screenshot with two clocks and a dark purple background. So what if the indie rep turns out to be Sakuya? If it did happen, given that she is an obscure character, I would be downright disappointed.
Outside the Touhou fandom Sakuya is probably more well known than ****ing Reimu or Marisa (atleast by name) so i wouldn't call her obscure.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's kind of a reach, honestly. Sakurai's POTDs aren't some 4D chess hints to keep us all guessing.
LOL! But once Sakurai hinted that Steve (Minecraft) would get in, and Steve was eventually revealed. And we didn't anticipate Final Fantasy to get a non-primary rep. So there's an unlikely, but still possible chance that we might get Sakuya as a surprise addition.

Outside the Touhou fandom Sakuya is probably more well known than ****ing Reimu or Marisa (atleast by name) so i wouldn't call her obscure.
I've already had enough sir! Lets not whine about how Sakuya is obscure.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Having Dio powers and a meme song will do that for you
Aside from Sakuya, Flandre achieved meme status with the power of Ronald Mc%$#@ingDonald and Cirno was called a moron in-Fittingly enough-Touhou 9. Those three seem to be the three most memed characters, at least from the older days. Though, the newer games seem to be leaning more into the absurd with characters such as 'Murica fairy and the all-powerful Hot Topic goth.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Having Dio powers and a meme song will do that for you
Aside from Sakuya, Flandre achieved meme status with the power of Ronald Mc%$#@ingDonald and Cirno was called a moron in-Fittingly enough-Touhou 9. Those three seem to be the three most memed characters, at least from the older days. Though, the newer games seem to be leaning more into the absurd with characters such as 'Murica fairy and the all-powerful Hot Topic goth.
To get back on topic, what are Reimu's chances of getting in now?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Probably the same as before, although the sephiroth classic mode route was good since we know now that a character can have more than 1 boss fight... so a Dracula & Marx battle for Remilia and Flandre could happen.
I actually like the idea of Sephiroth getting more than 1 boss fight!

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman

I think you could put Reimu over easily a third of the cast and it would reasonably well, you'd just have to switch between an Anime model and a ZUN model.

Have you done Palutena yet? I think that's a pretty close match.

Top Bottom