• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Gaijin Hunter (MH Youtuber) made a little introduction guide for Touhou! He even shows off some of the art his daughter made at the end. Very cute!
[/MEDIA]
Got around to watching it and it's pretty good. I liked the Reimu for Smash plug.

EDIT: Just came across this in the comments section of the Video "Realized I've been exposed to Touhou nearly my entire life without really knowing. "

And this is something I've been saying about this franchise for years. lol

Last edited:

Soulor

Smash Cadet
We got a youngling fan here huh haha :p.

I like yukkuris a lot, but when i first was getting into touhou was the time it was very popular to abuse those poor things. It almoat made me stop liking them amd touhou woth how much abuse those things got. But there were a few really wholesome yukkuri stories too
Yes, after about 6 months of Yukkuri playing games and what not I eventually came upon the abuse stuff. I do NOT condone Yukkuri Abuse. It just breaks my Yukkuri shaped heart, lol.

But yes, the wholesome ones are rather nice. :)

Another thing, before I was into Touhou, like, looking at screenshots on sites or magazines of the gameplay I couldn't tell what was going on exactly. It was just all numbers and bullets and a colorful pattern. It wasn't until eventually I watched video gameplay. Then I understood just what kind of game it was, lol.

Soulor

Smash Cadet
Hey hey! Here's a nice new video, an End of the Year Celebration! No disembodied, grotesque Manjū here to offend the senses, what luck for those so inclined!

Been saving this channel to share and what a release! The user has put out a celebration video the last few years to top things off and this year is no different!

Looks to be the longest from this channel as well, few of their videos are over 15 minutes or so and If they are it's usually something special!

A bit early, but Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited:

Soulor

Smash Cadet
I'm just curious, is there any english only yukkuri video?
Mmm a few. But with Yukkuri Speech in their English tone, then there's Japanese with English subtitles provided by the channel or If someone took the time to translate themselves.

Also Auto Translate, If the videos allows subtitles, but they might be a bit off.

Or just watch non English and understand through context and actions, lol.

Last edited:

Excelt

Smash Rookie
Not sure when i first time heard of Touhou since i wasn't interested in it that time.

Prob either Cirno's math class or U.N Owen Was Her video on Youtube, then a few years later i got hooked to the series. Mostly touched official tho since the fanon will usually twist the lore a bit.

Liked the lore and music, prob got hooked by the time Touhou 17.5 was announced, really only played the fighting game variant since i'm not pretty good at Bullethell.
(Official Rhythm Touhou game when)

CureParfait

Smash Ace
The first time I've heard Touhou is, when I saw a Rozen Maiden AMV with the Help Me Erin music in it.

Last edited:

LSDX

Wah!
Do we have any reliable rumors or information to go off of as of the end of 2019 in terms of her inclusion? Feels like she has no chance but I have this insane hunch that playable Reimu is possible.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Do we have any reliable rumors or information to go off of as of the end of 2019 in terms of her inclusion? Feels like she has no chance but I have this insane hunch that playable Reimu is possible.
The only thing at play right now is the Doujin leak. The only thing at the moment is that the Reimu for Smash twitter, ran by MindlessMage MindlessMage ,has verified that 4 out of the 5 doujin circles he's talked to have heard of the rumor circulating. The one that didn't hear of it was one pretty close to ZUN. Whether that means something or not is pretty impossible to tell.

Nerkama

Smash Rookie
The only thing at play right now is the Doujin leak. The only thing at the moment is that the Reimu for Smash twitter, ran by MindlessMage MindlessMage ,has verified that 4 out of the 5 doujin circles he's talked to have heard of the rumor circulating. The one that didn't hear of it was one pretty close to ZUN. Whether that means something or not is pretty impossible to tell.
I'm honestly surprised by this considering how talked about it was. Its possible they just didn't hear of it. Although, if Zun was to take a NDA and had them work on music for this case, would they also be affected by the NDA clause? If not I'd just assume they haven't heard of it, but on the chance they would be affected its a tossup on if they are saying so based on the NDA or just were too busy/missed it.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm honestly surprised by this considering how talked about it was. Its possible they just didn't hear of it. Although, if Zun was to take a NDA and had them work on music for this case, would they also be affected by the NDA clause? If not I'd just assume they haven't heard of it, but on the chance they would be affected its a tossup on if they are saying so based on the NDA or just were too busy/missed it.
The response given was "There's no Touhou music in Smash because there is no Touhou characters in Smash". There's plenty of reasons why that answer could have been given that way but in any event, Mindless mage doesn't seem too perturbed by it.

Nerkama

Smash Rookie
The response given was "There's no Touhou music in Smash because there is no Touhou characters in Smash". There's plenty of reasons why that answer could have been given that way but in any event, Mindless mage doesn't seem too perturbed by it.
I see, there are quite a few ways that could be taken, albeit specifying touhou chars surprises me. All that's left is to wait and hope it seems.

Last edited:

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
As the others have pointed out, there’s technically still the Doujin rumor. But leaks and rumors really mean nothing until after the cards are played. As things stand, it’s a possibility that it could happen, but all characters are kinda in the same boat until something damning appears.

There is really only one tangible: ZUN is open to the opportunity. Anything beyond that is still pretty vague.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It is this one, Help me Gin-Sama

omg, love Suigintou the most.

So somehow we are still not debunked? crazy.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
How the rumor they heard goes exactly? Is it the same as what the Doujin leak said?
The focal point of the rumor within the Doujin leak is "Blank Koubou is composing Touhou remixes for Smash".
If the rumor they heard was something random like "some doujin guy composed Touhou for Nintendo could be smesh" then I don't buy it.
I know that the rumor "The Unknown Sponsor X they are teasing for a while is actually Nintendo" is floating around here and there outside of the smash community since this summer so I would like MindlessMage MindlessMage to clarify about this too. Because even if this rumor ends up being true, I don't think it really means much for Reimu's inclusion.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Does this not pretty much debunk the leak unless we assume the guy is lying? If said person is truly close to ZUN, this doesn't seem far removed from Suda deconfirming Travis unless we just want to not take these people at face value.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How the rumor they heard goes exactly? Is it the same as what the Doujin leak said?
The focal point of the rumor within the Doujin leak is "Blank Koubou is composing Touhou remixes for Smash".
If the rumor they heard was something random like "some doujin guy composed Touhou for Nintendo could be smesh" then I don't buy it.
I know that the rumor "The Unknown Sponsor X they are teasing for a while is actually Nintendo" is floating around here and there outside of the smash community since this summer so I would like MindlessMage MindlessMage to clarify about this too. Because even if this rumor ends up being true, I don't think it really means much for Reimu's inclusion.
Based on the answer from the one that supposedly didn't hear of it, I'd assume that the rumor he's asking about is strictly "Touhou music in Smash".

This is the first I've heard about a Sponsor rumor.

Does this not pretty much debunk the leak unless we assume the guy is lying? If said person is truly close to ZUN, this doesn't seem far removed from Suda deconfirming Travis unless we just want to not take these people at face value.
This person would supposedly not be under any sort of NDA, so lying to quell a rumor isn't too hard to imagine, especially if you consider the circumstance. If it's true and it is circulating around the Touhou Doujin community then it is bad news for those directly involved. I'd imagine most people within the doujin community aren't particularly used to a Nintendo level NDA and might slip something up in the heat of the moment and could easily snowball from there.

Like I said, It's something to keep in mind. I'd rather wait for the next update from Mindless Mage.

For all intents and purposes, I'm neutral on the rumor.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Again, I would strongly caution people against putting any stock in the doujin leak. It's flimsy by any metric. Nothing wrong with keeping your hopes up, but putting stock in text leaks of any kind is always setting yourself up to get burnt.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Wasn't there some talk about a time limit on the doujin leak, that would debunk it?
There's no hard date, but it becomes more and more false as time passes. Like, if it gets to be past E3 without Reimu, then it likely was false. At this point, she's either #5 (unlikely since Verge said no) or she's one of the first couple characters in the next batch. The literal only exception I give is if Nintendo is dead set on having Reimu be their debut DLC character for China's Market, which could be anytime because China will be China.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Hey y'all! Happy new year, and cheers to a new decade.

There was word of a maintenance update scheduled for January 6th.

It's fixated towards Splatoon, but the broadness of the update suggests that there's more involved.

A direct is speculated to occur by Tuesday, January 14th or prior (a reasonable and realistic time).

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1209307709549502464

Attachments

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Hey y'all! Happy new year, and cheers to a new decade.

There was word of a maintenance update scheduled for January 6th.

It's fixated towards Splatoon, but the broadness of the update suggests that there's more involved.

A direct is speculated to occur by Tuesday, January 14th or prior (a reasonable and realistic time).

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1209307709549502464
We gonna get a direct with a big Touhou announcement regarding some juicy exclusive content for the Nintendo Switch:

*drum rolls*

Genso Wanderer: Lotus Labyrinth US release with Switch exclusive characters from Wily Beast and Weakest Creature.
Oh, and some lawyer gets into smash or something.

zferolie

Smash Hero
a new touhou animation from Renard. For the best effect, make sure to right click and say loop

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Whipped up a Classic Mode route for Reimu.

Reimu: Embodiment of Smash

Stage 1: :ultdarksamus: on Spear Pillar (Apparitions Stalk the Night)
Stage 2: :ulticeclimbers: on Summit (Beloved Tomboyish Girl)
Stage 3: :ultzss: on Venom (Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17)
Stage 4: :ultzelda: on Castle Siege Indoors (Locked Girl ~ The Sealed Girl's Room)
Stage 5: :ultsheik: on Luigi's Mansion (Flowering Night)
Stage 6: Bonus Game
Stage 7: :ultbayonetta1: on Dracula's Castle (Septette for a Dead Princess)
FINAL BOSS: Marx (U. N. Owen Was Her?)

As you probably noticed, this is based on the boss order from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, though Dark Samus and Bayonetta I feel seem out of place looking back.

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Blast. I was hoping we'd get a general Direct right this week.

Oh well. At least this means we're really close to the end...

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Expect no information until the 29th of February. Minimizes disappointment and even better, you actually have a reason to complain in March.

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
I'm imagining a world where Sakurai pulls a Sakurai and includes BOTH Reimu and Marisa in Smash Ultimate.

As separate fighters.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
I'm imagining a world where Sakurai pulls a Sakurai and includes BOTH Reimu and Marisa in Smash Ultimate.

As separate fighters.
Had this topic somewhere else where I brought up a ficticious situation where Sakurai (or any other rep from the smash team) already approached ZUN in regards to including Reimu and ZUN just responded with "Either Reimu and Marisa or bust!" ZUN, a man sticking to his ideal that one can't be without the other (well, excluding HRtP).

Stupid? I know. Unrealistic? I am aware. Funny? Not necessarily.

Question for everyone:
Let's say that we can't have either of the two protagonists, Reimu or Marisa. What would be your pick from the wide cast of Touhou characters?

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Had this topic somewhere else where I brought up a ficticious situation where Sakurai (or any other rep from the smash team) already approached ZUN in regards to including Reimu and ZUN just responded with "Either Reimu and Marisa or bust!" ZUN, a man sticking to his ideal that one can't be without the other (well, excluding HRtP).

Question for everyone:
Let's say that we can't have either of the two protagonists, Reimu or Marisa. What would be your pick from the wide cast of Touhou characters?
Sakuya would be next in line probably. She was the first Windows character to become playable and is very popular even outside the Touhou fandom (haha waifu DIO)

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice

Question for everyone:
I would like Remilia Scarlet to be in it. We have Vampire hunters why not an actual vampire?

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I have a list of em, but it basically boils down to Sakuya, Youmu, Reisen or Sanae in that order.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
It's not particularly means anything, but the doujin leaker is saying that he thinks info about AoCF port should be revealed soon. And also is saying, when Reimu collabs with other companies the color of her scarf is in yellow, and seems like "this time" is the same too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom