• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 2: inb4august - Livestream by ESChamp | USA attendance!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Showdown in Downtown 2: inb4august
@

Sponsored by:

Official Website: www.eschamp.com

Livestream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/eschamptv

Address: 702a Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, July 30th, 2011

Prices

Venue fee: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Payouts:

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Schedule:

10 am -11 pm

10 am: Doors open
10:30 am: Registration begins
11:30 am: Brawl Doubles begin
Brawl singles will begin ASAP

Food:

A&C sells water for $1

There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.

Directions:

The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.

[collapse=TTC Subway Map]
[/collapse]

Rules

The Unity Ruleset - v1.3

General Rules:

No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
Don't smell, please shower
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

(Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl:

Tin Man (x1)
Zetsu (x1)
V115 (x1)
Patches (x1)
SkylerSilver (x1)
AAAAA (x1)
Phiddlesticks (x1)
Meekspeedy (x1)
Looftwaffles (x1)
imag (maybe x1)

Total (Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl count = 9 (10)

Wii + Brawl:

A&C World (x1)
Poke (x1)
.EXE (x1)
JustNoOne(x1)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 4 (4)

TV's:

Tin Man (x1)
A&C World (x6, maybe x7)
Poke (x2)
Patches (x2)
Phiddlesticks (x1)

Total TV count = 12 (13)

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

A&C World (should be enough for 12 setups)
Tin Man (multiple)

Recording Stations:

TBA

Livestream:

ESChamp (x1)

Attendance List:

1. Tin Man
2. Kongmetal (maybe)
3. Mr_L
4. Swordgard
5. Gichan
6. Iliad
7. Supreme Dirt
8. i1337
9. Poke
10. HolyNightmare
11. Mprime
12. Peachy-Desu
13. fUddO
14. leafshadow
15. MeekSpeedy
16. NekoNekoXD
17. LooftWaffles
18. KBMX
19. Fishy
20. imag
21. sauc3
22. snake23
23. ~XP~
24. ~XP~ +1 (maybe)
25. Zetsu
26. V115
27. KillerAP
28. JMo
29. cMeDu
30. Googs
31. SparkX (maybe)
32. SkylerSilver
33. .EXE
34. Phiddlesticks
35. Bassem (maybe)
36. AAAAA
37. AAAAA +1
38. AAAAA +2
39. Douhneill
40. JustNoOne
41. Cruxis (maybe)
42. Riddlebox
43. Jasuke
44. Yhii
45. SilverDoc~
46. Nawde
47. Nawde +1
48. Nawde +2 (maybe)
49. Nawde +3 (maybe)

Attendance count = 42 (49)

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'm there, too hooked now. Loving this scene, but man we can't let Quebec **** on us like that again LOL.

And btw, if anyone knows anything about the A&C Games casuals please let us know so that some of us can ahve another option to improve.

And lastly, if anyone can ask the A&C boys if it is possible to allow brawl players there on the 17th (date of their smash 64 tourney) for casuals.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ill see if i can defend the province from the evil clutches of quebec..must reschedule some things first

buenob

Smash Lord
A&C is mad legit.

I want to show up but can't make it this time. Next one for sure!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
im working until 3 that day, can we please just skimp pools and go straight bracket??

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Personally I'd be all for skipping pools.

Unless we get a ******** amount of American attendance or something.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
ill see if i can defend the province from the evil clutches of quebec..must reschedule some things first
Says the Meta Main who lost to Meddy in a Ditto Match~

Anyway.
I'm bringing 2 Tv's.
My Hacked Wii.
A Spare GCC.

Side note..
Rob is so much fun to play with.
I only wish he could kill better than Samus. :<

Also, Gi, Brawl Casuals are every tuesday, I think it's a $5 Admission to Get in from 2pm to 8 pm or around that.

snake23

Smash Cadet
Sorry I will not be attending this brawl tournament i don't want to make it my third lose in a row until i improve my mains marth and luigi.

I honestly will not be attending any tournaments until i know myself for sure that both my main's can actually win matches for me, when i put in the actual time to train them both at upcoming smashfests.

I am a bit salty after losing both of the tournaments i entered the one in june 11th cot5 showdown in toronto and the one that was hosted by gichan two days ago.

I just really hate losing i need to really put in some serious training time with brawl on my main's marth and luigi.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
For A&C Games, Tues fighting games include Brawl, and I believe Brawl has Saturday dedicated to it. If we all can make one of those days, we can surely improve this way.

Also, I'll probably come to this... depends on dad.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Says the Meta Main who lost to Meddy in a Ditto Match~

Anyway.
I'm bringing 2 Tv's.
My Hacked Wii.
A Spare GCC.

Side note..
Rob is so much fun to play with.
I only wish he could kill better than Samus.
:<

Also, Gi, Brawl Casuals are every tuesday, I think it's a $5 Admission to Get in from 2pm to 8 pm or around that.
Wow... Where the **** did you hear that he can't kill better than Samus? Almost anyone can kill better than Samus, including ROB.

And meh... Not interested.

fUddO

Smash Ace
For A&C Games, Tues fighting games include Brawl, and I believe Brawl has Saturday dedicated to it. If we all can make one of those days, we can surely improve this way.

Also, I'll probably come to this... depends on dad.
Just going to add that Saturday is Smash in general, not just Brawl. Yeah, we should all try and get out to these.

Still need to check my schedule, but I'll do everything in my power to make it.

Gichan

Smash Champion
So every sat is a casual for smash games? From what time to what time? Sadly most sats will be hard for me to get to cause of work, but I'll definitely try. Those tuesdays look tempting though but I wanna go there when others are going, I don't want to show up to one of those for like 2 people lol.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo can someone be a cruxis substitute for me in pools since im gonna prob get there 5 pm?
assuming that pools start at 2-3 pm,
i estimate that by 5 pm from the history of our scene and how fast we do pools, it should be 13% done.
so dont worry, you wont have to play too much for me.

i dont effin care about pools just make sure you are a top 3 seeder, and you must be sexy cause otherwise i cant have you subbing me

fUddO

Smash Ace
Personally pools are looking nice to me since I feel like I'm somewhere between a 2nd and 3rd seed. Pools give me the chance to avoid getting owned by someone like Joe/Holy/Swordgard/Strombert until later in the tournament if I do well in pools.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
No where, Dark Shadow, I made it up, no need to swear. Just making a Simple joke.

As for Casuals.. we need them, or, rather, I need them. Wifi messed up my spacing and timing last tourney >.>

Patches

Smash Master
Poke. There's no need to john. You can't point fingers at things because you messed some stuff up.

If wifi " messed up your spacing and timing " last tourney, then you must not have played any friendlies or anything in order to get back in the groove of offline play.

You don't really have anyone to blame but yourself for a poor performance.

Same thing goes for your SD's you do. You have to start realizing that you're making the faults, and it isn't something else's fault. If you're trying to do frame perfect stuff or whatever, and you kill yourself. Then you dont attempt to do frame perfect stuff. If you SD because you're playing too gimmicky, as you love to do. Then don't play gimmicky. That's the plain and simple of it.
:phone:

Top Bottom