• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, I think Wario is gonna be the really good character that no one uses. Kinda like Jigglypuff in Melee. She's a good character if you know how to use her, but she's probably the least used of the high and top tier.

I dunno why though. I guess he's just not 'badass' enough for most people. He's too unusual.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
This may sound kinda stupid, but do they even celebrate Christmas in Japan? I don't recall Japan being a Christian-heavy nation...
Yeh they do, but even if they didn't all of the other...5-ish countries and nations supported on the Dojo do...so...maybe.

No Jesus? But Jesus makes the world go around... :cry:

Meh, I feel it would be best not to bring up Religion. I'm Christian, but let us not offend those who have different beliefs.
Sariku wasn't saying he was taking offence, he was saying that it's best not to discuss religion in these forums because something someone says MAY offend someone.
He wasn't offended, he was just stopping the discussion before someone did get offended.
But Jigglypuff is mid tier.
I consider mid-tier as "high".

SMYN DICTIONARY UPDATE.
There is none. I have to read a grade 12 University Level Novel (I'm in Grade 10 =@) and write 2 page journal entry for every quarter of this book. You can imagine how long it is.
This is due Friday.
Also this week I have a 9 paragraph compare and contrast essay on the novel To Kill a Mockingbird and A Time to Kill due Friday.
From hearing Youko complain about the load of work he's getting and comparing it to my work this week (for 1 class mind you), I am now afraid of Post-Secondary. =P

Anyways, after this week I'll be sure to make time and pretty up the dictionary.
Hmm, maybe even Friday.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
RoyalRook, if you're going to complain about the episode without giving an initial reason and claim you're not trolling, then why did you type it in all caps?

Because Nobody Types Like This And That Means The All Caps Function Kicked In.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
SMYN DICTIONARY UPDATE.
There is none. I have to read a grade 12 University Level Novel (I'm in Grade 10 =@) and write 2 page journal entry for every quarter of this book. You can imagine how long it is.
This is due Friday.
Also this week I have a 9 paragraph compare and contrast essay on the novel To Kill a Mockingbird and A Time to Kill due Friday.
From hearing Youko complain about the load of work he's getting and comparing it to my work this week (for 1 class mind you), I am now afraid of Post-Secondary. =P

Anyways, after this week I'll be sure to make time and pretty up the dictionary.
Hmm, maybe even Friday.
Thank god that I graduated college in one piece. Good luck with that. I'm taking my revenge on all of my students now to create a never ending cycle.

YoukoisaHOMO

Smash Rookie
RoyalRook, if you're going to complain about the episode without giving an initial reason and claim you're not trolling, then why did you type it in all caps?

Because Nobody Types Like This And That Means The All Caps Function Kicked In.
Hahaha are you serious? Are you for real dude? HAHAHAHAHA

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
lol...wario man...lol...

I LOVE TYPING LIKE THIS!!!!

owch. feel sorry for you pyroloserkid. i like the dictionary ting. its cool your doing it.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
lol...wario man...lol...

I LOVE TYPING LIKE THIS!!!!

owch. feel sorry for you pyroloserkid. i like the dictionary ting. its cool your doing it.
Really? Thanks, and call me Pyro =] .

I'm really glad people think it's cool.
I thought the majority reaction would be, "Oh, a list of Youko and Panda's made up words..that's cool...for 30 seconds".

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I am so stoked for the Delfino Plaza music. It's too bad you can't hear all of it, but you hear the main lick and that's all you need...

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, 'tis addictive, Youko.

I liked Sunshine's music anyway, but I was p***ed off at the fact that I got 119 stars. Pwnt. And I bet you're loving the DK music update this week, too! How retro!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Thanks for the appreciation.

I didn't really enjoy the DK music...I mean, I've played all the odl games and stuff, just I couldn't quite remember the music.

Then again, I did listen to it half asleep.
My morning schedule is force myself to reach for my wiimote and tv remote, take a quick look at the update on my Wiinternet, sleep for another 15, shower, eat, school.
So yeh, I'm barely awake when I check the updates, but I'll give it another listen.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
hey s.p. you may be intrested in this. someone posted it on the krystal thread and i think its pretty reliable and you and youko might be able to get a duscusion out of it. just thought i might add to the ducusions in the podcast.
its about krystal chances of making it in and when maybe she'll show up

thought you might be intrested in it
http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63929

tell me what yall think in the podcast k (if you want)

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I still don't understand why they started charging for the internet download after the first six-month period. I mean, I managed to get ahold of it while it was free, but it still seems a bit unfair, you know?

Anyway, great job with the show this past week, guys. Can't wait to hear what you've got to say for the next show. Now if only I could finish writing a Brawl viewpoint on a topic before coming to the painful realization that someone already beat me to it...

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Dude, there's nothing left to write viewpoints on.

I'm constantly writing and am getting over a 90 in my English class, but I can't think of anything to write.

Maybe YOUKO will give us suggestions? =D

RDK

Smash Hero

I'm constantly writing and am getting over a 90 in my English class, but I can't think of anything to write.

I just submitted mine the other day, which sucks, because Youko's going to be gone this week. :(

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006

Yeah, that's true. I mean, I love writing, but there's really nothing new to write about.

Maybe I'll do something about Final Smashes, their effects on the tournament scene, and possible FS's for Snake, Dedede, and the unconfirmed Melee veterans...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'd like to say thatI take back my words in the Smash Dash update about SMYN not being good. I was originally going on a corny opening and minute of the roundtable discussion being about banning people, but now that I've listenened to more, I've got to say that it's pretty good.

Keep up the good work, guys.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I just submitted mine the other day, which sucks, because Youko's going to be gone this week. :(

Urrr? Who said I was going to be gone this week??

Please listen to the end of Ep. 21 again to realize I was referring to Christmas and New Year's...

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
hey s.p. you may be intrested in this. someone posted it on the krystal thread and i think its pretty reliable and you and youko might be able to get a duscusion out of it. just thought i might add to the ducusions in the podcast.
its about krystal chances of making it in and when maybe she'll show up

thought you might be intrested in it
http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63929

tell me what yall think in the podcast k (if you want)
Is... Is that MY thread?!

Might as well put up the YouTube video version of it as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmPoc5UFYj8

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Nsider 2 sucks. Seriously Nsider was so freaking awesome but man Nsider 2 is such fail. I mean look how lame that krystal thread that guy just posted is on nsider 2

Sariku

Smash Master
Are you kidding? Sarcasm? It costs 0 Points.
No, it really does cost 500 Wii Points now. It used to be free, but April it started it's 500 WP fee. Atleast in North America, but I believe it is the same everywhere.

We should try getting back on topic. I am intrigued by the Krystal theory, and if she does be known Monday, I will worship at your feet. Just like people do to Youko. :laugh:

I have finally got a Brawl Viewpoint Topic. As Pyro said, it is very hard to find a topic that hasn't already been covered, but I believe I finally found one that will work out. Hopefully it'll stand among the epic Brawl Viewpoints like SamuraiPanda's, Colbusman's, and the guy from Starmen.net. (If I didn't mention yours, it's cause I was as intrigued by it. (It doesn't mean that it is bad, I like most of them. (Those just stood out the most.) ) )

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeah, that's true. I mean, I love writing, but there's really nothing new to write about.

Maybe I'll do something about Final Smashes, their effects on the tournament scene, and possible FS's for Snake, Dedede, and the unconfirmed Melee veterans...
I wanted to do FS's, but Youko, Panda, and Gimpy pretty much covered it.

I'd like to say thatI take back my words in the Smash Dash update about SMYN not being good. I was originally going on a corny opening and minute of the roundtable discussion being about banning people, but now that I've listenened to more, I've got to say that it's pretty good.

Keep up the good work, guys.
I'm pleased that you gave SMYN a second try and liked it. =]

RDK

Smash Hero
Urrr? Who said I was going to be gone this week??

Please listen to the end of Ep. 21 again to realize I was referring to Christmas and New Year's...
My bad, Youko. I guess I wasn't paying attention too hard when you talked about it. I thought you said there wouldn't be a podcast this week.

So if you might not be able to do it, who's going to run this week's?

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK, he WILL be able to do this week's podcast.

He's just not sure about the Christmas Holiday's.
So will S. Panda and someone else, like Gimpy, be stepping in to take his place? Or will there just be no podcast during that / those week(s)?

I think it would be really cool to do a special Christmas edition.

Sariku

Smash Master
So will S. Panda and someone else, like Gimpy, be stepping in to take his place? Or will there just be no podcast during that / those week(s)?

I think it would be really cool to do a special Christmas edition.
It would be cool, but it won't happen.

Gimpyfish and SamuraiPanda sound great if they decide to do it. Again, makes me salivate at the chance to exchange my views with them, but that's for another time.

Oh Youko, if you go by the same order as last time, Episode 25 would be the start of SMYN Season 3. You don't have too, but incase you forgot how many episodes you already gave us, time is approaching.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wow season 3-ish already? Wow.

Also, I don't think SMYN should go on without Youko.
I'd enjoy it, but it wouldn't be the same....so I wouldn't enjoy it.

Ahh yes, the simplicity of my sentences.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
still, it's a nice update blindman.

well there you go youko. two music updates in one week (sort of...) I bet you feel all warm inside because of that.

well, it's title time (and a lot of them too!)

"We really have thought of everything"

"He secretly joined the fray!"

"Check the circle that appears in the background"

"Eat garlic! Wario-Man!"

"Pummelpummelpummelpummel!"

"Sideways-sliding shoulder tackle!"

"Midair moves make him fly?!"

"The pictures make it easy to understand"

"Two Trouble Kings"

"Pink Ball Repulsion"

"Cleaning House in Skyworld"

"Sleeping in the Eggs"

"Dark Link Duel"

"The Temple!"

"Those who like pursuit"

and now for some original titles...

"Don't ride the motorcycle" (still laughing at the Wario-Man update)

"Game Modes Galore" (yeah, 3 of the 5 days had a game mode update. we got lots this week)

"Two songs and a super-hero"

that's all i got for now. if i think of any more, i'll post here

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
So colbusman you just go though the week's updates and pick out phrases? -_- Show some creativity man.

Ok so you do have a few originals in there. :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i always pick out what i think are funny captions from the week and give a few original titles.

i mean, i'm not too creative in naming stuff. plus, some of the captions make perfect titles anyway

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Oh, lol. I thought Youko couldn't do the show this week, for some reason. I think I just turned into a sheep and followed everyone else into thinking that. E-jet.

Top Bottom