• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
PMs have been sent out for Roundtable Trials. Congrats to those who got them!

We're going to try our best to fit them in; Panda's been exceedingly busy this week, so we'll see what happens.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, my bad. I still won't be able to log on till maybe like 5-ish.

And I dunno if we should record it tonight... I'm running on 72 hours without sleep right now, so I'm not sure everyone would want to hear me take 2 minutes to get out a coherent sentence.

Oh yeah, and I have a title to suggest this time: "It’s...big..."

I just had to :D

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Yeah, I know. It's weird to think that if not for the delay, we'd be getting our hands on Brawl in only three or four days...

Anyway, here are my title suggestions:

"It's All Under Control"

"The Event of the Season"

"Those Who Repeat the Past..."

A bit weak, yes, but whatever.

Del Money

Smash Champion
1. How the **** did Pyroloserkid become a Smash Director?

2. @Youko
This is going to be a long and probably unnecessary post but I'll make it anyway...

Prior to 12 hours ago, I had never taken the time to listen to the SWF podcasts, nor did I believe it was worth my time to listen to since regular posting and such was going on daily. Yesterday, however as I was procrastinating from getting a stupid problem set that was due this morning (God I hate junior year of college), I decided to listen to episodes 1-21 nonstop as I did my homework. Let me just say that I am operating on no sleep right now and have been wide awake for the last 24 hours and so my mind is not in the best state possible. Because of this, I can't get the wide array of sound effects and background themes that you use consistently every episode out of my head. Nor can I get your voice out either (especially the "Show Me Your News", which still cracks me the hell up everytime for some reason).

The good news is you've done a great job from July up until now of delivering radio-like professionalism to a casual podcast. And the manner in which you present yourself is sophiscated, though corny a good percentage of the time, but otherwise very informative. In fact, these podcasts are a better alternative to wandering the threads and potential running into frustrating senseless discussions. Either way, I have great respect for the effort you've put into conducting this project. Sarichu--I-dont-remember-the-rest-of-his-username did an awesome job as well in the earliest season. You and the Panda, keep up the good work.

@SamuraiPanda
You've got nothing on me when it comes to Knuckles fandom...

@RDK
A Christmas edition would be nice....so long as no one does anything stupid....

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
So another Smasher joins the fold of SMYN fans? Excellent, the virus is spreading... :laugh:

Here's a title for this week

"Look up in the sky! It's an Event! It's Widescreen! It's WARIO-MAN!!"

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Title Suggestions

Possible titles:

Wide Load Support (cos you know WARIO GOT BACK!)
Return of the Oldies

Hmm...I thought I had more ideas than that. Oh well.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Many thanks, Del Money, there haven't been as many good words as of late said about SMYN or the work I do for the boards, so it's really nice to hear every once and a while and is greatly appreciated.

I think that's really something interesting when we look back on SMYN in hindsight once the game comes out, like it was a way to...pleasantly pass the time. Or at least it certainly has been for me. Working on it weekly may have seemed like a lot of work at the time, but the weeks seem to just clip right along as a result.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
hahah yah i actually have 2 finals this week, and if brawl would have been released, no studying would have got done
Yea, I was always thinking that my finals are f*cked since Brawl was going to be released 12/3. I'm taking next semester off most likely, so besides work, that means mucho Brawl time.

Youku said:
I think that's really something interesting when we look back on SMYN in hindsight once the game comes out, like it was a way to...pleasantly pass the time. Or at least it certainly has been for me. Working on it weekly may have seemed like a lot of work at the time, but the weeks seem to just clip right along as a result.
It should be entertaining to hear some speculations that were terribly wrong after the game comes out. Even though we had reasons, we should still be like "Wait, how did we all suspect THAT? We really were off on that one."

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
as if there was a doubt that hyrule temple wasnt coming back. but no chages? well, from what we saw anyway...

anyway, cant wait for the episode this week.

yea. i like this title a lot...: "Look up in the sky! It's an Event! It's Widescreen! It's WARIO-MAN!!"
thats just catchy. good one Al Calnos!

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say how much I appreciate what you guys do on a weekly bases JUST so we can all get a heaping dose of Brawl to tie off the week. It's insane when you think about how much work goes into a 70 minute podcast.

"This podcast, like most podcasts, supports widescreen display."

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
:( dang. no PM
Same. Sooner or later.

1. How the **** did Pyroloserkid become a Smash Director?
By Directing Smash.

Why does everyone ask this? Is it really a big deal? Do people think little of me? Is THAT why it's such a surprise?
[/QUOTE]
You quoted YOUKO, yet you mispelled his name? =S

Also, Colbusman took all of my ideas for names.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
ive been saying that to myself all week, when i noticed my milk expires on Dec. 3rd, i was like wait already O_O
So, I'm not the only one with milk that expires on December 3rd. (I refuse to say it's a sign it can't be! Everything is just mocking me now telling me that December 3rd could've been. I won't let it get to me! February 10th is here for a reason!)

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
people are being mean to me about DEc. 3rd. theyre all"haha 2 more months! i've had Halo 3 for over a month.. hahahaha" god its annoying!

i wish i had something that expired on dec. 3rd...

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!(well, for some of the world)

*sniffle* 3 days...*sniffle*

who thinks were gonna get a super special awesome release Dec. 3rd?
knowing the updates weve had, itll be something crappy...

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
people are being mean to me about DEc. 3rd. theyre all"haha 2 more months! i've had Halo 3 for over a month.. hahahaha" god its annoying!

i wish i had something that expired on dec. 3rd...

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!(well, for some of the world)

*sniffle* 3 days...*sniffle*

nah sakurai wouldnt do that to us , .............would he???

and i know its a new game i was just refering to the events and past stages

slick128

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai please tell us that the original Smash Bros. will be available on Virtual Console. Please! I mean it's better than getting nothing on December 3rd.

RDK

Smash Hero
Sakurai please tell us that the original Smash Bros. will be available on Virtual Console. Please! I mean it's better than getting nothing on December 3rd.
Someon'es never heard of emulators. o_o

RDK

Smash Hero
Umm...I have heard of emulators but they suck in comparison to having the game on the Wii. I mean I could actually use Gamecube controllers rather than a crappy keyboard or usb controller.
Wow. Someone's never heard of USB adapters.

And no, it doesn't suck in comparison, because it's online, and it's free.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Working on it weekly may have seemed like a lot of work at the time, but the weeks seem to just clip right along as a result.
But how long on average does it take before you have finalized a final product to officially upload?
By Directing Smash.
Well no ****...
Why does everyone ask this? Is it really a big deal? Do people think little of me? Is THAT why it's such a surprise?
Relax...it was a joke.
yea. we were told before, this is an entirely different game. so its obviousl not melee 2.
Agreed. And plus it's a really stupid argument to have (primarily because it's all about semantics) so it's best that it's dropped.
Eh it's just not the same to me. I'd seriously rather have it on the Wii any day.
SSB64 on VC = no online play

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
But how long on average does it take before you have finalized a final product to officially upload?

It now takes about five hours of my time, recording/editing/everything else, each week for an episode. But that's about half the time it used to take when I actually wrote out the Rundown, so I'm happy with it.

Top Bottom