• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/SMYN_Dictionary

This is being neglected. I added a couple words.
It's not being neglected, I've just had ZERO free time this week.

It doesn't look like you added anything either, just defined.
Unless I didn't add Misunderestimate and Overspeculate and I'm just seeing things, but yeh. Even if I didn't add those yet, I had them written down.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It's not being neglected, I've just had ZERO free time this week.

It doesn't look like you added anything either, just defined.
Unless I didn't add Misunderestimate and Overspeculate and I'm just seeing things, but yeh. Even if I didn't add those yet, I had them written down.
I added them. ;)

And yay, my trial is done! :D

Cless

Smash Champion
Really? I've got loads of other things to play. Actually, I should stop playing Rival Schools right now. It's kinda a waste of time...

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I just found this podcast too. I can't wait to see your opinions on Events and Controls.

If I could make one suggestion, it may be too much work, but it'd be great if you guys could somehow cut up the podcast so it's easier for someone to find a specific comment on a certain update. I really wish I could easily go back and listen to your opinions on certain updates, but it doesn't seem worth it when I have to hear the entire week.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thanks for the suggestion, but might a possible solution be to download the mp3 so you can easily jump around on Windows Media Player or the like? That way you don't have to LISTEN to the whole thing, per se.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, I just found this podcast too. I can't wait to see your opinions on Events and Controls.

If I could make one suggestion, it may be too much work, but it'd be great if you guys could somehow cut up the podcast so it's easier for someone to find a specific comment on a certain update. I really wish I could easily go back and listen to your opinions on certain updates, but it doesn't seem worth it when I have to hear the entire week.
Yeah, I keep notes on long audio clips. I'll write down "11:52 - discussion about assist trophies" or whatever. Heck, I do it in my system text editor, so I don't lose any paper around the apartment.

However, if you really want to, you could start chopping up the clips and saving them yourself. XD

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
im happy the events are making a comeback they were fun but a little hard. yeah sakurai made an easy mode for the events so you can beat them more...well easily

but buzz is right you could chop up the most important parts of the podcast if you really want to listen to them again

RDK

Smash Hero
So how do you apply for Roundtable trials? I looked on Youko's first page, but I didn't catch the rules.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
To be considered for Roundtable Trials just post a paragraph or so here in the thread explaining why you should be considered. It will carry over for consideration for each trial session.

The preview will be posted once I know what we discuss in the Roundtable. So probably tomorrow morning.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
To be considered for Roundtable Trials just post a paragraph or so here in the thread explaining why you should be considered. It will carry over for consideration for each trial session.

The preview will be posted once I know what we discuss in the Roundtable. So probably tomorrow morning.
Will that person be on the Roundtable being posted tomorrow? Or next week, which is what I thought you meant.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Youko. I'm trying to listen to the "Possible New Captain Falcon Theme." The link brought me to the blog front page, I searched the entire blog, and I couldn't find it!

miller483

Smash Ace
Question Regarding Zune

My Zune's firmware just updated (facelift FTW!) and now supports podcasts. When I want to add a podcast, the Zune Software says I need to enter a URL. What URL do I put in?

RDK

Smash Hero
My Zune's firmware just updated (facelift FTW!) and now supports podcasts. When I want to add a podcast, the Zune Software says I need to enter a URL. What URL do I put in?
I have a Zune too, but I don't actually use the podcast function.

Do what I do--make a separate playlist for your podcasts, and just download the individual episodes and copy them to your SMYN playlist.

It's too troublesome to put in the URL and subscribe to the podcast and whatnot.

miller483

Smash Ace
I have a Zune too, but I don't actually use the podcast function.

Do what I do--make a separate playlist for your podcasts, and just download the individual episodes and copy them to your SMYN playlist.

It's too troublesome to put in the URL and subscribe to the podcast and whatnot.
Actually, I just found the URL's. I'm just gonna use the subscription to keep the podcasts up to date and organized.

Smash Ace
I know that I am going to regret bringing this up...

About the Japanese delay rumor: Japan is still going by what was their original release date. I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay there, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there will be one in the US. Even if that rumor has substance, it doesn't necessarily mean much to those of us in the US, except that we won't know the complete roster in Jan 24th.

On another random note that I am going to regret ever mentioning, if they announce the delay on December 3rd I am going to laugh so hard. While going insane.

Moving on to a subject less risky of flames, I'm curious what you guys think about the controller update. The tap jump and shake smash made me very happy (Nintendo, THANK YOU! I love you guys!) but I was hoping that we would have an option to turn off the tilt attacks with C stick functionality. I like my crouch canceling, thanks.

Other thoughts on the last episode: the color change update is called, well, "color changes" rather than "alternate costumes." For that matter, it says:

You can change the color of your character by pressing buttons on the character-selection screen!

This is one of the many joys of Smash. This time, each character has about six different color variations.
Even the language appears to imply that alternate costumes are out. *sigh*

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
I know that I am going to regret bringing this up...

About the Japanese delay rumor: Japan is still going by what was their original release date. I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay there, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there will be one in the US. Even if that rumor has substance, it doesn't necessarily mean much to those of us in the US, except that we won't know the complete roster in Jan 24th.

On another random note that I am going to regret ever mentioning, if they announce the delay on December 3rd I am going to laugh so hard. While going insane.

Moving on to a subject less risky of flames, I'm curious what you guys think about the controller update. The tap jump and shake smash made me very happy (Nintendo, THANK YOU! I love you guys!) but I was hoping that we would have an option to turn off the tilt attacks with C stick functionality. I like my crouch canceling, thanks.

Other thoughts on the last episode: the color change update is called, well, "color changes" rather than "alternate costumes." For that matter, it says:

Even the language appears to imply that alternate costumes are out. *sigh*
no no don't ever mention another delay to me. i dont want to hear it im just bearly sane from the last delay they had.

i dont think sakurai would delay the game again anyways.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
Lucas FS- DonkeyKong FS

In this weeks episode, you guys pointed out that on Lucas's home stage (New Pork City), Lucas has a disadvantage. This is true. But, on Rumble Falls, if you play as Donkey Kong and use his final smash, he cannot move or walk while doing so. So, if the screen is scrolling up, and DK is using his final smash, say so long DK. Also, I think that diddykong will also have a disadvantage while using his final smash on rumble falls too. But i guess that all final smashes will fail at a stage like rumble falls...I just wanted to point out that many characters will have big disadvantages, even at there own stage.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
A delay is pretty unlikely. This is mostly due to the fact that NA's Brawl delay was only 2 months. Normal "we just need more time" delays last that long. This isn't a TP or MP3 situation. TP was delayed mostly for the Wii and MP3 was delayed because more development was needed. No more development is needed, save for the few twitches here and there. They should be fixed within a month and a half. I don't see a delay happening; though, I'd be naïve to think a delay would never happen.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
A delay is pretty unlikely. This is mostly due to the fact that NA's Brawl delay was only 2 months. Normal "we just need more time" delays last that long. This isn't a TP or MP3 situation. TP was delayed mostly for the Wii and MP3 was delayed because more development was needed. No more development is needed, save for the few twitches here and there. They should be fixed within a month and a half. I don't see a delay happening; though, I'd be naïve to think a delay would never happen.
MP3?

they cant delay it again. NO WAY! were running out of updates though, so these next months might be a little boring...

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
i want less updates then so i can learn more by playin it for myself .......wow that sounds opposite

but no really less updates mean less things for youko to talk about. im sure he would like that since its less work for him lol j/k j/k

Top Bottom