• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Where does it say that DKs Finals Smash increase his size?
I really don't know what's giving everyone this impression...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thank you, Swordhunter.

I understand if you're new to the podcast and you have the multiple-hosts opinion, but this has been covered many times before...

The problems with having another person on the show to make the conversation "dynamic" are:

1) The potential bickering and pressure of me having to choose one
2) My schedule: I work two jobs and take summer classes and I still can pull this off, but coordinating discussion with someone else would complicate things tenfold.
3) There's already another podcast with "dynamic conversation". It's called the SmashCast. :)
4) ...I thought everyone loved my voice? Hahaha, JK! :p
Plus Swordhunter is right on. Multiple hosts = no more WEEKLY podcast. And that kinda defeats the point, now does it.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Nvm, answered my own question.

Anyhow, Great job making an interesting podcast out of a pretty dull week.
My only problem was when Youko made it seem as if Ike won't be a heavy character, when Sakurai indirectly said he would be...
He may seem to have a similar smooth fighting style like Marth, but then again, isnt that his main purpose? With a sword so heavy, a normal man would need two hands to weild it, hes got to be weighed down, if only just a bit.

Talk to me Youko.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
No. With Ike's beastly strength, he makes the sword defy gravity. Duh. :p

Yeah, I suppose you're right. He just doesn't LOOK like a heavyweight, ya know? Bowser, Ganondorf, DK...Ike? Oh well, we shall see. It's all in the hands of the Mindgames Master.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Very nice show this week Youko. Given the less than stellar week of updates, I was surprised how much you were able to do. I was even interested in the online part, even though I don't particularly care about online play.

And, the Yoshi song was awesome.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Your best podcast yet methinks.And if you put out a cd with all the smashbros songs and you on guitar,there would definetly be a few people who would buy it,myself included.:grin: On a different note,did you get my PM?

Hong

The Strongest
You know, since early last week, your podcast has single handedly made me feel like an idiot for neglecting this topic. One day I decided to suddenly listen to every episode and loved them to bits! Great work Youko. (as well as other contributers) I look forward to more in the future.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I didnt really enjoy the Rundown this time...but it's probably because I thought the updates were sorta lame.
You're doing great Youko!

Also, Sariku, amazing work! And egruntz, I like your ideas! =]

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey Youko.
I'm was listening to the cast.
I got up to the rundown, when parents turend TV up to **** loud. Anyways, review coming up...some time. Lulz

Blackadder

Smash Master
SlackBladder’s in-depth review

Blah, I really am on a tight schedule today, but Youko, I have made **** sure I’ll get a review done for you. **** sure!
…****it. And sorry for the double post guys. Eugh.

Okay, les’ do it:
You start of the cast with an exceptionally slick and stylish beginning, with not a SINGLE voice slip up. I doubt there will be a single one through the while cast, you’ve improved so much over so little time!
Okay, here we go with the real deal.

The Rundown:

Yay for sticky! Good for you Youko…no, good for you and all of us listeners!
Okay, here we go with the real thing. Really.

“After last Fridays mammoth update that was the subspace emissary we all didn’t expect a groundbreaking update, that’s for sure” –Youko

While we shouldn’t have, I feel that isn’t quite a true statement. I recall a huge uproar from this week being “Awful” and “lacking anything like last week”
I know you give the “Average Smasher” view, and not “n00b view” but I feel that maybe that statement is a little out of the truth.

Smoke ball:You…really made it sound dull. Very good! I would agree, the ball is pretty much not that exiting.
Mother Badge…thing:You describe it, and really give that it isn’t that much. Using your wit, you spice that bit up. Pretty cool…

Point of these updates: Now, this is very interesting, as you really get into a neat little “This is what Youko thinks himself” thing, on what you feel about “Priority”. This is your personnel view, and I love this type of thing. You really put it all in a clear and liad out perspective. Brilliant, as really, it is all very thought out well. You do give us a bit of extra biased view, mainly with the “How2play” priority parts, but once again you mention the downside.
Music…I’m Dawn Patrol…so…I…must say…NO! MUSIC FTW!
(But yeah…they aren’t that important…really…)
Item’s are a nice mention, especially with the fact that, people, you can turn the friggin’ thing’s of.
Ike special:“Fiery goodness” lulz. But this is one of those “Youko nails it” moments.
With your Kirby comparison, I’m sure many of us can visualize this move in our mind.
The flinch is obviously incredible interesting topic-wise.
What does it mean? Exactly what you said, Youko. To point out, I haven’t heard ONE voice glitch. That is incredible! Very impressive. But all in all, you give us a bit of insight into heavier characters and what the will be like with incredible detail. I agree fully, and could never say it as well as you do! But why does Ike have this attack…never thought of that, and you don’t explain it that much, prolly due to lack of idea yourself. But yes, I can say “Top Tier!”.
The underworld music:Not much to say here, though you do seem to be playing it to…I dunno…extend your time maybe? This all seems a little irrelevant, but it is cute, and your charm melts me down to want to enjoy this whole “Playing music every time” thing. If you do that is. I would like more insight as to what YOU think of the playing piece as it goes, as well as maybe other opinions you have heard around the board? Just a thought. Low priority…*sniffs*
You hurt me Youko…really.
Palatunas army:sucks. And we all know it really, don’t we?
But yes, we must see it for ourselves to really judge. Not much to say here, but it was a good little chat on it. Again, some Youko-flavoured wit.
*Borat voice*
“Very nice!!”

“Rumour central”
I enjoy this section, I really do.
You really helped me here, Youko, as I hadn’t caught wind of what the hell the buzz was.
This is a PODbasy people, and it’s growing in sections. With this growth, comes good ideas, and some…lesser ideas, that could have work. (I’m hoping for a GREAT section of who’s in this time Uchiha) Anways, flawlessly presented. I loved this, and you said it as clearly as ever.

“Who’s in”
You…start of surprisingly well Uchiha! I was surprised, and impressed! You aren’t stuttering, or stumbling. Nice. But too the real deal.
Diddy:Well thought out, and worded pretty nicely too. The gun idea seems a little half baked, and not that…I dislike that idea. Dixie Kong wouldn’t be a good idea methinks, but brining it up is the way to go! Near-perfect chance is spot on.
K-Rool:Will you disappoint? Let’s see. So far it HAS been VERY impressive.
His moveset would be similar to Bowser, agreed. The DK franchise not 3 characters?!
You mentioned this to me on MSN, and then I recall saying
“Maybe that’s a little opinionated innit’?”
“Yes, but Youko agreed!”
“Really? Well, I honestly do to, but still…”
Still you went ahead and said it anyways…but you know, that’s what your part is about. YOUR view, mixed with for/against points thrown in. “Iffy” agreed.
AT guys:I won’t be mentioned everyone you went of and said may be an AT, but for the most part, I’m pretty much am cool with your choices. Kiddy Kong is a very interesting idea as an AT, and one I didn’t even touch upon in my mind. Sound’s like AT stuff to me! You…did say he could be an AT though…right?

All in all, that was a HUGE improvement over the clumsy beginnings of your segment! Great job man!
8/10

Egruntz BV:
Bah, after hearing SU, Your voice sounds like Captain Falcon! (Jk/Jk Uchiha XD)
Okay, so you are doing a BV on the online play? Great! Let’s listen!

You give us the history behind Online that some mashers may not known of, such as the lack of mentioning of Online during the E3 ’06. That’s good to include. Then you mention that old thread on Online talk. That’s a little old, but I here this is a few weeks mature itself anyways. The headphones idea, is interesting to say the least. While it is a cute idea, it is a little hopeful, but possible. You bring up the infamous Halo 2 “FUKING BIATCH AH H8 YPU!” kids that cursed on it all, but taking them of the list isn’t going to solve it all, as mothers could, and WILL complain on it. M I RITE? >_>
But, really, all in all, that was pretty well done Egruntz. I enjoyed it. While not great, it was rather neat. Good job.
6/10

The end of the cast! I hope you liked me trying to buff up my work Youko!
Now, that was a GREAT episode all up! Kudos to Uchiha!
Youko, just astounding. NOT ONE VOICE TROUBLE.
Just…wow.

9/10!
Loved it man. Loved it.

Yay for Scav! He is a nice guy people, try to love him. XD

And now for the bonus…A Youko Barbershop? Or another jam session? Let’s find out!
OooOOOoooO! Tingly!
*Waits*

YOUKO UNPLUDDEGD!
Oh! Some Yoshi tunes. Cute with the “Yoshi!”
Bah, what’s there to say? I love this time of the cast!

“*CoughCough* Please don’tmake me do that high voice again!” –Youko
P*ssy.

Sariku

Smash Master
This update was great now that I think about it... lets see. You control the pokemon like you would Pikachu, they just don't have a down be except switch them out. I mean, you can't let them fight for themselves, right?

Which means finally, Charizard is a Playable Character!
Ivysaur is a Playable Character!
Squirtle is a Playable Character!

GAGH!!! Anyone ever heard of the "Anti Lucario! PRO SQUIRTLE!" Thread!? Now I hate it even more, since Squirtle made it playable... BEFORE LUCARIO!!! LUCARIO COME ON! I LOVE YOUUUUUU...................

Blackadder

Smash Master
um...
Wrong thread man.
*Points to your left*
That's the OMG thread, or the general Brawl thread, OR the new Red thread, OR anyother thread in the world you can think of. XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Cant wait to see the rest of this weeks updates and listen to them again on the Podcast and maybe you should do the "who's in" part in with the theme of the week... like who knows this week might be a Pokemon week.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
btw did you see charizards pic, hes on the pokemon level
good that that is coming back

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We saw that level a lllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg time ago... lil late aren't you?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, it was certainly a high priority update, youko was right.
although i disagree with him on the items. i do think they are low priority, but i love how they can mix things up in a 4 way match. in melee, we certainly had a lot of items, but now it looks like there is more variety. and with AT guest appearances, you can screw over your friend with a nintendog. plus items help a lot in event matches and maybe subspace emissary. i guess what i'm saying is, they add more spice to the game, and help with the replay value.

and i may end up sending you a rant in written form for either this or next week.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Every played a four player bob-omb (Very high)match on final destination? He he he items are great for just having a laugh but not so great for other things.

Ranthozyk

Smash Cadet
I loved your "Youko Unplugged" in episode 5, and I highly enjoy your podcasts, keep 'em coming! ^_^

Edit: Yay for the Yoshi song in episode 6 as well! Great job!

psyt

Smash Journeyman
I loved your "Youko Unplugged" in episode 5, and I highly enjoy your podcasts, keep 'em coming! ^_^

Edit: Yay for the Yoshi song in episode 6 as well! Great job!
agreed, it might be my favorite part of the whole podcast

i sent you an email about the unplugged sessions at the end of the casts youko, lemme know what you think

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I LOVED the Elite Beat Agents Assist Trophy Idea, and the Sonic "Slow-Down" Final Smash.

Oh and Yoshi's Story was awesome Youko!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
But I'm serious about Ridley, Sakurai don't care about Metroid, lol.

Nagh, joking, but who kows about what will happen to Ridley? I just made you impation for the next Who's In.
Just don't bring up the size issue crap. Do your research before you speculate on a character. :)

Saying Ridley is too big on a podcast will result in a thousand Ridley fanboys going ape **** on your ***.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Just don't bring up the size issue crap. Do your research before you speculate on a character. :)

Saying Ridley is too big on a podcast will result in a thousand Ridley fanboys going ape **** on your ***.
It's true,one of those guys will assassinate the middle of your transmission if you say that,Sariku!

Sariku

Smash Master
I'll say what I think needs to be said.

Will I bring up the Crazy Size Difference? Most Deffinatly.

Will I pis Ridley fans off? Mayybeeee.

Will I give him a no chance whatsoever, putting him in Plusle and Minuns group? Waha, you'll have to wait and find out.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Man, Ridley talk everywhere these days.

Anyways, I'mlooking forward to the rundown on Red, and the 'Show yourself' section. And of course, the BV.
Youko's voice is schmexy.

..I just said that to keep the old meme going. (;

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I actually wouldn't recommend going into that Ridley thread...well I guess now that the 7000th post has gone by it will calm down for a bit, but still...

But anyways, Sakurai has expressed interest in Metroid characters, according to those translations by SP. There's also the fact that he can be resized, as shown in that picture, and his character type can also be acceptable, as shown by Charizard. There are no reasons at this point which prohibit Ridley on a physical level. =/

Sariku

Smash Master
As I said, I will announce his crazy size difference. Did I say "Theres no way he'll be in, he's too big. Resizing would be stupid." Nope, I just said I'll mention it.

Do I think he would be resized?

Maha, You can wait another week or so, right?

Also, since its the same week Metroid Prime 3 Releases, Why not do a Metroid Week? Okay, good.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I'll say what I think needs to be said.

Will I bring up the Crazy Size Difference? Most Deffinatly.

Will I pis Ridley fans off? Mayybeeee.

Will I give him a no chance whatsoever, putting him in Plusle and Minuns group? Waha, you'll have to wait and find out.
There is no crazy size difference. Just don't be a noob is all I'm asking.

He was only big in Prime BTW. He was much, much smaller in his other games. And pissing Ridley fans off is definitely not something you want to do, or even consider doing.

He's about as likely as Diddy and Dedede, so he better not be in the random *** Pokemans group.

Sariku

Smash Master
There is no crazy size difference. Just don't be a noob is all I'm asking.

He was only big in Prime BTW. He was much, much smaller in his other games. And pissing Ridley fans off is definitely not something you want to do, or even consider doing.

He's about as likely as Diddy and Dedede, so he better not be in the random *** Pokemans group.
Lmao, Plusle and Minun Group. Alone.

I'm playing Metroid Prime 1 right now, so just don't ask too many questions about it. He's gonna get a fair review, you cant say my latest ones have been biased, like my first episode was. So just wait, okay?

Has the Great Sariku EVER been a n00b? (The First DeDeDe review doesn't count.)

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman

Resizing should not be a problem, lol :laugh:

EDIT: Lets try not to turn this into the Ridley Resizing for Brawl Thread.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well it wont because it would only be one post... "Ridley can be resized"

: P Masahiro Sakurai i implore you to *ding ding dingny ding!* Show me your news!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well it wont because it would only be one post... "Ridley can be resized"

: P Masahiro Sakurai i implore you to *ding ding dingny ding!* Show me your news!
Look at Charzard he was resized. Look at Bowser too major scaling down

One thing i got from this week of up dates.... you still navigate the menu on Smash with a Gamecube Controller

Top Bottom