• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok sooo...
1. Er... clash of swords?
2. Marth's up B
3. An ice climber asleep?
4. Cant remember that one
5. Young Links jump.

And great work as usual!

And i can actually see Lucario having a fighting / Psychic move set (Aura).

And i hope trophies return as well as stickers but that update in no way implied trophies were not returning.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
#1: links chaingrapple to level
#2: marths up b
#3:
#4:
#5: zeldas start of up b

Florida

イーグランツ
1. Chaingrapple
2. Marth's Up B
3. Probably a character asleep... I'mma go with Kirby.
4. ... wtf was that? lol
5. Zelda's Up B

Good week Youko!
SamuraiPanda, excellent viewpoint as well! You gave me some information that I didn't know about, and was interesting to learn as well. Good job :D

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Here's my entry for the contest

Sound #1: Bowser's Koopa Klaw
Sound #2: Marth's Dolphin Slash (up B)
Sound #3: Ice Climbers (specifically Nana) after having their shield broken
Sound #4: I think Mewtwo's Teleport
Sound #5: Zelda using Farore's Wind

Great podcast again this week, Youko!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I loved the podcast AGAIN this week. I couldn't wait to hear what you had to say about Pokemon Trainer (aka: Everyone's New Main) and I hung on to every word. I also just fell in love with the idea of sticker wagers online. That just hit me hard and had my head swimming. Also, Samurai Panda, AMAZING job. That obviously took alot of thinking and writing on your part, and it was very well prepared and intelligent. Amazing work this week.

Youko why'd you have to go and distort the sounds?
Here's my inevitable failure at the SFX contest:
1. t3h Koopa Klaw
2. Marth's Up B (Dolphin Slash)
3. Ice Climber shield break
4. Chuck Noris' wavedash sound effect.
5. Peach's down b. (Turnips.)

-Also, I remembered something I really disliked. The fact that everyone is using the "B" button for Brawl special moves. As far as I know, Sakurai hasn't told us that special moves are used with the "B" button, so it really frustrates me when people say "Up B, Side B, Down B" when talking about Brawl. Even I used to say it, but then I realized. If Sakurai HAS stated special moves are done by using the B button, then I'm terribly sorry. I was going to make a thread about this, but I feared it'd be pointless and locked.

Somasu

Smash Ace
SFX:

1: Link Hookshot grappling a wall
2: Marth's Up B
3: An Ice Climber with their shield broken
4: Mewtwo's Up throw
5: Zelda's voice when she starts her Up B

And an excellent podcast, guys. Only problem was that the music in the Show Yourself section seemed a bit loud and muffled the voice of the speaker.

And SamuraiPanda, your segment was very interesting. You have some very valid opinions, and actually have got me to think twice on saying that wavedashing will be in Brawl. Only thing is that I myself cannot seem to find the scene you pointed out where Pikachu rolled into an edgeguard. If you could be so kind as to point out the trailer you saw this in and perhaps even the time that it happens, I'd greatly appreciate it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Thank you all for your kind words about my section in the podcast. There was actually something that JUST now dawned on me as I was checking through the trailers for the scene where pikachu rolls (turns out it was in the crazy short 5 second trailer from a long time ago).

Remember Metaknight and Pit doing their backwards rolls in the second trailer, but they did it REALLY fast without a rolling animation, almost like a wavedash? What if that wasn't a roll, but a completely different technique in the game? It could even potentially replace wavedashing, and would support my theory on how spikes became legit from 64 to melee, thus wavedashing would be worked in similarly from melee to brawl...

Maybe I should make a thread about it...

And SamuraiPanda, your segment was very interesting. You have some very valid opinions, and actually have got me to think twice on saying that wavedashing will be in Brawl. Only thing is that I myself cannot seem to find the scene you pointed out where Pikachu rolled into an edgeguard. If you could be so kind as to point out the trailer you saw this in and perhaps even the time that it happens, I'd greatly appreciate it.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95137

Also from the thread:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh I see it, only if you think vaguely. Otherwise they could have tweaked the physics a little bit.

Great segment though, I actually listened to it unlike other ones that were on :D

-Onyx

Blackadder

Smash Master
Uhhhhh...
I feel so dirty.

I know I don't play a largly important part in this thread, but I still try to review it...but I'm gonna be pretty late today. If not tommorow.

BAAAAAAH.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hate when people promote WW Link or any other incarnation of Link to be in Brawl, it's kind of stupid it's like having Mario to Dr. Mario all over again.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
good episode youko. guess i'll take a stab at the contest

1. Bowser's Koopa Klaw (Side B)
2. Marth's Up B
3. Ice Climbers Stunned/Sheild Break
4. Mewtwo's Up throw
5. Zelda's Faroe's Wind (Up B)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I hate when people promote WW Link or any other incarnation of Link to be in Brawl, it's kind of stupid it's like having Mario to Dr. Mario all over again.
No the stupid thing is the noob's that keep on saying that... Dr. Mario was a CLONE who only wore a different shirt than Mario... WW Link can be vastly different... the only thing similar is their name and cloths everything else is different so why don't you just STFU and actually play his games before you start saying **** like that.

So is the winner for each slot of for the one who gets the most right?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
-Also, I remembered something I really disliked. The fact that everyone is using the "B" button for Brawl special moves. As far as I know, Sakurai hasn't told us that special moves are used with the "B" button, so it really frustrates me when people say "Up B, Side B, Down B" when talking about Brawl. Even I used to say it, but then I realized. If Sakurai HAS stated special moves are done by using the B button, then I'm terribly sorry. I was going to make a thread about this, but I feared it'd be pointless and locked.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Agree? Disagree? Prove me wrong?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, considering that the controls will be customizable to the player's liking, it could be A, it could be B, it could be 2 for all we know...but the thing is, it's so ingrained in our minds from Melee that special=B that it really makes no difference.

It doesn't bother me personally, and I don't think it should bother most people.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Agree? Disagree? Prove me wrong?
We have no reason to believe he changed it.
And, like Youko said, it's customizable, so it could, technically, be whatever we want it to be.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alright cool. Thanks for your opions. Custom controls and whatnot, for all we know it could or could not be B. Lol, I don't think I'm bothered by it anymore.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No the stupid thing is the noob's that keep on saying that... Dr. Mario was a CLONE who only wore a different shirt than Mario... WW Link can be vastly different... the only thing similar is their name and cloths everything else is different so why don't you just STFU and actually play his games before you start saying **** like that.

So is the winner for each slot of for the one who gets the most right?

I did don't tell me if i have played WW or not so don't assume stuff you don't know. We might as well put Ocarina link as well, why don't we put 8-bit link from the past No We don't need another *beep* -ing incarnation of Link. They picked a link from one era already. wasn't your favorite link? too bad deal with it -CASE CLOSED-

ANYWAY I smell a new Heavy character for brawl

When do your answers need to be in for the sound test game?

Legolastom

Smash Hero

I did don't tell me if i have played WW or not so don't assume stuff you don't know. We might as well put Ocarina link as well, why don't we put 8-bit link from the past No We don't need another *beep* -ing incarnation of Link. They picked a link from one era already. wasn't your favorite link? too bad deal with it -CASE CLOSED-

ANYWAY I smell a new Heavy character for brawl

When do your answers need to be in for the sound test game?

Well the only way you could say that they are the same is if you haven't played the game because everyone who has can see that they ARE different just because it is an incarnation of Link doesn't count as anything, actually while we are at it might as well get rid of Luigi hey? seeing as he is just Mario's brother and Peach seeing as she is just another princess.-DON'T CASE CLOSE ME!-

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well the only way you could say that they are the same is if you haven't played the game because everyone who has can see that they ARE different just because it is an incarnation of Link doesn't count as anything, actually while we are at it might as well get rid of Luigi hey? seeing as he is just Mario's brother and Peach seeing as she is just another princess.-DON'T CASE CLOSE ME!-
We Already have, Link, Zelda,( Shiek and Ganon Hopefully) We really don't need anymore Zelda characters, think about other franchises, I'm not say WW Link isretarted and shouldn't be in the game i'm saying we have enough Zelda characters as it is. Now Wolf link and Minda team is ********. " -DON'T CASE CLOSE ME!- lol Thats a first

Legolastom

Smash Hero
XD I'm just saying for what is arguably the greatest Video game franchise they only have 4/5?

Its shameful that PKMN would have more.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
XD I'm just saying for what is arguably the greatest Video game franchise they only have 4/5?

Its shameful that PKMN would have more.
Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda don't need no more character, Make a f-Zero character or a Fire emblem character (with a Axe or Lance please)

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I've been a long time listener to your podcast Youko! I didn't have time to ever make an account though. Can I help with this in any way?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, no kidding, these updates were fantastic! Winners will be announced at the end of the podcast next week.

Of course you can help! Send in a Brawl Viewpoint (details on first post)...In fact, I NEED BRAWL VIEWPOINTS!! Send 'em on in!!

...Blackadder, where's that review, man?? :p

Blackadder

Smash Master
"...Blackadder, where's that review, man?? "

Ha, you noticed!
Yeah, I had some crap going on at school, and it got me a little down and out for a short stint.

I'll do it after school today!

*Triumphant music!*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We Already have, Link, Zelda,( Shiek and Ganon Hopefully) We really don't need anymore Zelda characters, think about other franchises, I'm not say WW Link isretarted and shouldn't be in the game i'm saying we have enough Zelda characters as it is. Now Wolf link and Minda team is ********. " -DON'T CASE CLOSE ME!- lol Thats a first
Wind Waker Link is awsome. With Diddy confirmed *cries with jou*, I'm gonna focus on him even harder! Oka, reasons Wind Waker Link should be in Brawl

1.Wind Waker was the best selling GCN game without Mario in it. [#4 overall] It sold over 3 million units.

2.Phantom Hourglass [only out in Japan] has sold over 600,000 units in Japan, making it the best selling game in Japan since Pokémon D/P [which is the 3rd best selling game of all-time there]. It's the best selling game in Japan at this rate since OOT. It is expected to sell 5 to 6 million units on minimum!

3.Add 5 and 3 together and you get 8 million units well on up. That's more units sold then all series repped in Brawl [outside of Metroid, Pokémon, tLOZ, Donkey Kong, and Mario].

4.Play the WIND WAKER! Link's slashes in that game are unlike any other Zelda game, and his fighting style is the most original. ALl the other Links have the same sword fighting styles and swings [just in 2D and 3D]. His moves are original, his sword play is original, etc.

5.He could be a pure clone, a average clone, a luigified clone, or a original character, with his boomerang [Link has his Gale Boomerang now, remeber], Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, Grapple Hook, Hookshot [Link has the clawshot now; remember that too. ;)].

6.He's Shigeru Miyamoto's favorite Link [as I recall], and Eiji Aonuma's favorite Link, and they are both working on Brawl.

7.He could very well have be in 3rd Zelda games, since he already stars two. Also, he could get some moves based off Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventures [though I don't want that].

8.He's got fanbase! :)

Hey I was wondering about this whole sound thingy. I have a mic for my computer, and was wondering how to work/upload the whole program, since I would like to do a piece for my favorite Podcast. :) How do I do this all=??? [tyvm to whoever answers it in advance ^_^]

edit: The title of this week's podcast should be "Too much love, too little time!" XD

*continues dancing in joy that Diddy Kong is in Brawl*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Question answered on the first post, with a new section - can't miss it! Hope it helps! :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wind Waker Link is awsome. With Diddy confirmed *cries with jou*, I'm gonna focus on him even harder! Oka, reasons Wind Waker Link should be in Brawl

1.Wind Waker was the best selling GCN game without Mario in it. [#4 overall] It sold over 3 million units.

2.Phantom Hourglass [only out in Japan] has sold over 600,000 units in Japan, making it the best selling game in Japan since Pokémon D/P [which is the 3rd best selling game of all-time there]. It's the best selling game in Japan at this rate since OOT. It is expected to sell 5 to 6 million units on minimum!

3.Add 5 and 3 together and you get 8 million units well on up. That's more units sold then all series repped in Brawl [outside of Metroid, Pokémon, tLOZ, Donkey Kong, and Mario].

4.Play the WIND WAKER! Link's slashes in that game are unlike any other Zelda game, and his fighting style is the most original. ALl the other Links have the same sword fighting styles and swings [just in 2D and 3D]. His moves are original, his sword play is original, etc.

5.He could be a pure clone, a average clone, a luigified clone, or a original character, with his boomerang [Link has his Gale Boomerang now, remeber], Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, Grapple Hook, Hookshot [Link has the clawshot now; remember that too. ;)].

6.He's Shigeru Miyamoto's favorite Link [as I recall], and Eiji Aonuma's favorite Link, and they are both working on Brawl.

7.He could very well have be in 3rd Zelda games, since he already stars two. Also, he could get some moves based off Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventures [though I don't want that].

8.He's got fanbase! :)

Hey I was wondering about this whole sound thingy. I have a mic for my computer, and was wondering how to work/upload the whole program, since I would like to do a piece for my favorite Podcast. :) How do I do this all=??? [tyvm to whoever answers it in advance ^_^]

edit: The title of this week's podcast should be "Too much love, too little time!" XD

*continues dancing in joy that Diddy Kong is in Brawl*
Well who am i to say who's not going to be in Brawl i gonna go on the safe side and be open to all character ideas, so i don't end up having someone do this to me: http://kin3tic-c4jun-3.justgotowned.com/ like they did to him for doubting Diddy Kong

and for point 4) most of WW link sword play combat tactics seemed very similar to me from the combat tactics that the link had in Twilight Princess

When are they going to to update the Super Smash bros Brawl Avatars

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
I was listening to Episode 2 and heard that you said that a Animal Crossing Character is a maybe because they need a symbol to represent the franchise... Thats not necessarily true because look at Dr. wright they never made a SimCity Icon they just put the Smash symbol in it's place. Why didn't they do that for Animal crossing? Why does Animal Crossing have it's own symbol on for a stage and probably for some items and possible AT's? There is a strong possibility thier is a Animal crossing character.

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
When I said

"Why does Animal Crossing have it's own symbol on for a stage and probably for some items and possible AT's?"

I Know that it has more then one item and a stage :dizzy:. What about the Devil AT? doesn't that deserve it's own symbol instead of the Smash symbol? What your only saying only further suggests a Animal Crossing character

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no you missed my point. items like that are only represented by one thing, an AT. it doesn't merit them their own symbol. animal crossing has representation for items, stages, and most likely music. it doesn't necessarily mean a character will be included. i mean don't you think they would at least show the character before the stage so we know the symbol? they showed Ike before the Fire Emblem stage was shown

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yoshi Island was also release before Yoshi was ever released i think you I think he means why can't there be a unique symbol for every franchise playable or not. That sounds a bit tedious though

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
Exactly Moon Monkey, It's kind of wired how other Franchises like the Nintendogs and Mr. Wright don't have a symbol but animal crossing has a symbol along with the other stages that have characters to go along with them

And Donkey Kong's Final Smash Doesn't make him bigger, DK is always bigger then Mario so how do you know if he gained size xP

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I used to doubt an AC character (Even though i love the franchise so much...) until last week when i put all the facts together... and todays update... just makes me CERTAIN! that there will be one.

(A stage,Music,Item and an Icon for a franchise that isn't getting a character?)

But seriously Sakurai even hinted at it in todays update (Or the fact that newcomers always come late... whatever)(But maybe he is saying a AC hero is coming late because all the other AC has come 1st)

WW Link (My favorite Link of all time... TP Link actually had to learn the moves that WW link knew from the beginning) and AC character for brawl!!

How is Diddy NECESSARY to the franchise? (He he he this will never get old)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well who am i to say who's not going to be in Brawl i gonna go on the safe side and be open to all character ideas, so i don't end up having someone do this to me: http://kin3tic-c4jun-3.justgotowned.com/ like they did to him for doubting Diddy Kong

and for point 4) most of WW link sword play combat tactics seemed very similar to me from the combat tactics that the link had in Twilight Princess

When are they going to to update the Super Smash bros Brawl Avatars
Ya, after Pokémon Trainer, anything can happen! :) BTW, check my sig for the real ownage! [bottom right]

As for the whole swordplay, none of his sword techniques other than the helm splitter and roll around and roll around slash were stolen by TP Link. TP Link also stole the magic armor, but at least TP Link has some pretty awsome original moves! :)

And I was just thinking the exact same thing, actually. New Diddy Kong, Ike, Snake, and all the confirmed characters in Brawl avatars FTW! :) Just as long as every n00b doesn't use it...mine is like one of the only 3 avatars that isn't commonly used [which is why I dumped the first=Link's Super Attack avatar is wayyyy overused....I like this one more than the TP cover avatar, actually].

I used to doubt an AC character (Even though i love the franchise so much...) until last week when i put all the facts together... and todays update... just makes me CERTAIN! that there will be one.

(A stage,Music,Item and an Icon for a franchise that isn't getting a character?)

But seriously Sakurai even hinted at it in todays update (Or the fact that newcomers always come late... whatever)(But maybe he is saying a AC hero is coming late because all the other AC has come 1st)

WW Link (My favorite Link of all time... TP Link actually had to learn the moves that WW link knew from the beginning) and AC character for brawl!!

How is Diddy NECESSARY to the franchise? (He he he this will never get old)
Miis are my guess, since it seems the AC children are deconfirmed, and Mr. Resetti has little, if any hope. Sure they've yet to make a AC appearance, but wat would their symbol be, anyways=??? [something to consider when thinking about the Miis! :)]

AC hero....please don't be Resetti. Miis! Miis! Miis!

WW Link pwns...and AC human=Miis, but Miis have more customizability and features. AC humans Miis for Brawl! :)

LOL....you got me there [even after 3 of his own games] XD

But Legolastom, Magicarp is neccissary to the Donkey Kong series. I mean, it's the Klap Klaps rival....they are rivals, and both strive to be the most annoying thing in Melee, and even Brawl! :laugh: Lucario isn't neccisary, because I say so, and I said Squirtle would be playable! :laugh:

[best impression ever]

We need Stryks to complete the impression....o ya! :chuckle:

But seriously, almost anyone in Brawl and I'm happy! :)

Top Bottom