• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sorry, guys, slight delay on my end, expect the podcast between 5:00 and 6:00 (EST)...

38:10

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode 8 stream is out! My apologies for the delay, prepping to move in to college bites, especially when parents get on you about it...>_> haha

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah i didn't get the brawl viewpoint this week. oh well, i didn't think it was any good anyway. don't use it youko. i may do the same thing another week, but i'll be able to flesh it out more

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mmm pretty good, pretty good. Better than previous ones from what I remember.

Good job Sariku, might have to get ready for some flaming. Not too sure though.

-Onyx

Sariku

Smash Master
Time for the Sariku Review.

Welcome to Youko's world. Population? Sakurai. Sariku. Super Smash Master. God.
I'll give you the Sariku Review of Episode 8, The Golden Week.

The Rundown -

Link Special Moves - Like you said, not very much to mention. All 4, plus a Tether Recovery? Awesome. Everything seems the same, but wha? The Boomerang is now the Gale Boomerang. Wait, theres more? Yes, links Tether Recovery, the Clawshot, is now easier to use, as it seems to aim itself. Awesome, yes. But I didn't hear to much about it. Will the new Boomerang ruin Edgeguarding with it?

The Subspace Army/Petey Piranahna - You hate him? Gaspeth, a new innerscret of Youko. The many Boss's you mentioned wear nice, and you went over the video in a hilarious way. Also, great to see Sariku.Uchiha mentioned.

Yoshi Final Smash - Not much to say? Glad you liked it, it certainly seems awkward, unless you've played Super Mario World for the SNES. Then it seems perfect. Oh, he's Dinasaur, lol. Silly Sakurai.

Go K.K. Slider! I love this song, the BEST music update in my opinion. I like how you play the song while you talk about it, you should try to loop the next one. (Unless its that HORRIBLE Pit Song...)

Diddy Kong - You didn't give much info on him, but nor did Sakurai, so I won't complian. Great Rundown Youko.

Who's In

Opening - Gagh Sariku.. your voice quality wasnt' very good this week, was you pressed for time? (Yes) Oh okay, just wondering.

Ridley - The review EVERYONE was hyped to hear. Did you do good? It was nice and long, and you had Humor in it. I say great job.

Dark Samus - Get your flame suit on, your about to get burned. Oh, You kept saying Samus two different ways, find ONE way, Geez..

Bowser Jr. - A Surprise? You kept it a secret from us! You made us think Who's In would be horrible this week (As If). You seem biased on him, just pointing out things you like. Oh, and he can't have Peach, she's My prize. (NO MINE!)

Closing - You cant give Kudo's to yourself... and no lame starwarz puns.

Brawl ViewPoint

It was alright. Seemed rushed, but it was, so woot. I barely knew any of the characters.

Overall score for the Cast, I say 9.5. If you had SP brawl viewpoint from last week though, it would be an 11.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah yes, this week was good. nice podcast.

although being the ridley fan i am, i agree 100% with Youko, and not you Sariku. He is a shoe-in, and any consideration as a boss is a low blow. playable all the way

nice brawl viewpoint as well smash master

and YES!! i got em all right. Boo-yah!!!

Florida

イーグランツ
Alright then, this'll be my first review since a couple of weeks. Let's see what the damage is. First of all, good luck with your university and with your moving, hope that all turns out well for you. I've recently shifted to a new located, and we're still unpacking boxes.

Anyways, on with the review! Agreed with both "cut updates" views, it was nice to actually get a complete list of a character's special moves, even if it was a veteran fighter. And Yoshi's Final Smash was like a dream come true, it doesn't get any better than a fire-breathing-flying-dragon-dinosaur... right? The predicted stampede Final Smash would've been nice as well, but it doesn't beat Super Dragon! Heh.. not by a long shot.

"It's.about.time"? The words that came out of my mouth were "OHMUHGAWDL1KEIT'STEHDIDDY"! No love for Diddy, Youko? The Peanut Pop Gun seems more like a neutral B move to me, something like a cartwheel is more likely to be Diddy's smash B.

King Dedede, Sonic, and Ridley are characters that I just can't see not appearing in Brawl. Screw Sakurai's modesty, it's about time that we get some Penguins in Smash! Sonic is just a character with way too many fanboys to not be included, and Ridley just the same. It'd deliver a blow to the fans if one of those three characters aren't included, I'm sure.

The beginning of the Go! K.K. Rider! song I actually liked. It gave a nice introduction, and I can see it going well with Smashville. I actually enjoyed every bit about the song, the beginning, to the middle, to the dog-singing end! It was well performed and put together in my opinion, as well as the rest of the Brawl music, so far.

You do realize that the bits of songs that we're getting from the DOJO aren't full and complete? And that they're taking a bit out of the music and just giving us an example? I've pretty sure that when Brawl is released the music will fit well and flow beautifully with the stage that it's designed for. But we'll just have to wait and see.

I rofl'd at your imitations of "Yoshi" and "Oh mee oh..", haha! It's the humor like this in your podcast that keeps it golden, it makes the audio overall fun and interesting to listen to. Just wanted to comment you on that. "He drops the bomb!!", another great example of the quality of this podcast.

Hallelujah is right! Thank goodness Petey Pirahna was a boss in the end, I share the loathing you have for the guy... it's an over grown "mutant flower", as you explained so delicately. For Pokémon's franchise of a boss, I'm betting on Mewtwo. But you know, character's being bosses doesn't necessarily lower their chances of being a playable character. It could easily turn out that you have to beat that certain boss, in order to unlock them. So yeah, I'm pretty much betting that Ridley will be the Metroid franchise boss

Overall an excellent rundown this week, Youko. Now to move on to Sariku's "Who's In" section of the podcast. You really should've described Ridley as the big purple dinosaur

Why do you consider the argument of resizing to be ridiculous? They could easily resize Ridley, as they have done with Bowser. As I said above, Ridley could easily be both a Boss and a playable character, there's not much reason to avoid that. He'd fill both spots of the game nicely.

All that I have to say about Dark Samus, is that Ridley better make it in before. If it does turn out that Ridley isn't even mentioned in the game, and Dark Samus ends up representing the Metroid franchise's boss, then there'll be hell to pay... (as quoted from obsessed Ridley fans xD).

Baby Bowser and Bowser are not different characters. Bowser and Bowser Jr. however, are. You really can't mix these types of things up when giving facts and such. I never cared for Bowser Jr., so I really don't agree that he should be included for Brawl. Not only is he a waste for another Mario rep., but he's just a stupid character in general.

Assist Trophies aren't bad, as you consistently suggest. Assist Trophies aren't really stealing "possible character" spots, but giving those characters who couldn't make it in as a pc some reputation for Super Smash Bros. I'm pretty sure that the character roster is already decided, and Assist Trophies include those characters that never stood a chance, but deserve some spot in Brawl nonetheless. I just wanted to clear that up.

A decent week of Who's In this week Sariku, but I don't consider it to be your best. Brawl Viewpoint time... geez, there is so much to comment and critique on this week.

Super Smash Master... you sound too similar to Youko, I could barely tell the difference! Oh wait, that's Youko reading... XD you had me do a double-take there. Japan only characters would make a disappointment, I think that all versions of the game should get equal amount of quality put into it, thus having everything the same. Thanks for the information about Claus by the way, I didn't have a clue he differed from Lucas as much.

I also enjoyed the Mother background music during this section, the volume was low enough to not attract the attention, but still loud enough to be heard and appreciated. I'm not much of a supporter for Sakupon... just seems too similar to Kirby. Demiru for the freaking win, however! He's pretty much still my #1 choice for Brawl. His chances and potential are both high.

Good job Super Smash Master, Sariku, and Youko! Another enjoyable week to listen to.
Also, it's sort of ironic that your main is C. Falcon, Youko.

Congrats to the winners of the sound effects contest, well done. Next week's ending easteregg sounds like something to look forward to... mmhmm. Well, this was a general good week of Show Me Your News! Can't wait 'till the next one.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Wow, Fail on Sariku's part.

I completely agree with Youko; he rated his chances in an unbiased and truthful way. Sariku just said he'd rather see him as a boss because he'd have a better moveset. WTF? And then you say Sonic is better? WTF? Sonic just has a sucky *** spinny move thing that blows *** and he's fast, and Ridley has invisibility, plasma breath, fire balls, all sorts of appendages for attacking with, and super speed. That was a terrible review of him, considering you're too close minded and unimaginative to see anything other than a Bowser clone for Ridley's moveset. My verdict, ULTRA FAILURE. But Youku's was better, albeit short.

Also, Sariku, Samus is wearing her Metroid Zero Mission suit. NOT her Prime suit or a mixture.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Do you know how much I love it when you guys do long reviews for me like that? Seriously, it means a ton - thanks so much!

As for the download, it's a matter of waiting for the right guy to come online so I can send it to him...for now??? Hmmm...

Sariku

Smash Master
This is Sariku, I'm talking for Sariku who does the Who's In. Even if we are the same. I think.

I said Ridley COULD or COULDN'T be a playable character. Truthfuly, I would rather see him as a huge boss in the Subspace Emissary. But I also said that Ridley had a very good chance of making it as a Playable Character.

Dark Samus, what can you really critiuqe on that? Nothing, lol, good you didn't.

I cleared it up at the beginning that Bowser Jr and Baby Bowser are different characters. I think you got confused on that, and he's not a stupid character... Baby Mario would be a stupid character addition if you wanted it like that, as much as I love him.

Sariku

Smash Master
You didn't even listen to the rest... and you tried to review it, thats sad...

And Ridley was fair, but I suppose I just Said some confusing facts.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
One thing I was gonna add in the podcast and forgot to...

...I'm saving Zelda. Totally Zelda.

If any of you cared, lol.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Alright then, this'll be my first review since a couple of weeks. Let's see what the damage is. First of all, good luck with your university and with your moving, hope that all turns out well for you. I've recently shifted to a new located, and we're still unpacking boxes.

Anyways, on with the review! Agreed with both "cut updates" views, it was nice to actually get a complete list of a character's special moves, even if it was a veteran fighter. And Yoshi's Final Smash was like a dream come true, it doesn't get any better than a fire-breathing-flying-dragon-dinosaur... right? The predicted stampede Final Smash would've been nice as well, but it doesn't beat Super Dragon! Heh.. not by a long shot.

"It's.about.time"? The words that came out of my mouth were "OHMUHGAWDL1KEIT'STEHDIDDY"! No love for Diddy, Youko? The Peanut Pop Gun seems more like a neutral B move to me, something like a cartwheel is more likely to be Diddy's smash B.

King Dedede, Sonic, and Ridley are characters that I just can't see not appearing in Brawl. Screw Sakurai's modesty, it's about time that we get some Penguins in Smash! Sonic is just a character with way too many fanboys to not be included, and Ridley just the same. It'd deliver a blow to the fans if one of those three characters aren't included, I'm sure.

The beginning of the Go! K.K. Rider! song I actually liked. It gave a nice introduction, and I can see it going well with Smashville. I actually enjoyed every bit about the song, the beginning, to the middle, to the dog-singing end! It was well performed and put together in my opinion, as well as the rest of the Brawl music, so far.

You do realize that the bits of songs that we're getting from the DOJO aren't full and complete? And that they're taking a bit out of the music and just giving us an example? I've pretty sure that when Brawl is released the music will fit well and flow beautifully with the stage that it's designed for. But we'll just have to wait and see.

I rofl'd at your imitations of "Yoshi" and "Oh mee oh..", haha! It's the humor like this in your podcast that keeps it golden, it makes the audio overall fun and interesting to listen to. Just wanted to comment you on that. "He drops the bomb!!", another great example of the quality of this podcast.

Hallelujah is right! Thank goodness Petey Pirahna was a boss in the end, I share the loathing you have for the guy... it's an over grown "mutant flower", as you explained so delicately. For Pokémon's franchise of a boss, I'm betting on Mewtwo. But you know, character's being bosses doesn't necessarily lower their chances of being a playable character. It could easily turn out that you have to beat that certain boss, in order to unlock them. So yeah, I'm pretty much betting that Ridley will be the Metroid franchise boss

Overall an excellent rundown this week, Youko. Now to move on to Sariku's "Who's In" section of the podcast. You really should've described Ridley as the big purple dinosaur

Why do you consider the argument of resizing to be ridiculous? They could easily resize Ridley, as they have done with Bowser. As I said above, Ridley could easily be both a Boss and a playable character, there's not much reason to avoid that. He'd fill both spots of the game nicely.

All that I have to say about Dark Samus, is that Ridley better make it in before. If it does turn out that Ridley isn't even mentioned in the game, and Dark Samus ends up representing the Metroid franchise's boss, then there'll be hell to pay... (as quoted from obsessed Ridley fans xD).

Baby Bowser and Bowser are not different characters. Bowser and Bowser Jr. however, are. You really can't mix these types of things up when giving facts and such. I never cared for Bowser Jr., so I really don't agree that he should be included for Brawl. Not only is he a waste for another Mario rep., but he's just a stupid character in general.

Assist Trophies aren't bad, as you consistently suggest. Assist Trophies aren't really stealing "possible character" spots, but giving those characters who couldn't make it in as a pc some reputation for Super Smash Bros. I'm pretty sure that the character roster is already decided, and Assist Trophies include those characters that never stood a chance, but deserve some spot in Brawl nonetheless. I just wanted to clear that up.

A decent week of Who's In this week Sariku, but I don't consider it to be your best. Brawl Viewpoint time... geez, there is so much to comment and critique on this week.

Super Smash Master... you sound too similar to Youko, I could barely tell the difference! Oh wait, that's Youko reading... XD you had me do a double-take there. Japan only characters would make a disappointment, I think that all versions of the game should get equal amount of quality put into it, thus having everything the same. Thanks for the information about Claus by the way, I didn't have a clue he differed from Lucas as much.

I also enjoyed the Mother background music during this section, the volume was low enough to not attract the attention, but still loud enough to be heard and appreciated. I'm not much of a supporter for Sakupon... just seems too similar to Kirby. Demiru for the freaking win, however! He's pretty much still my #1 choice for Brawl. His chances and potential are both high.

Good job Super Smash Master, Sariku, and Youko! Another enjoyable week to listen to.
Also, it's sort of ironic that your main is C. Falcon, Youko.

Congrats to the winners of the sound effects contest, well done. Next week's ending easteregg sounds like something to look forward to... mmhmm. Well, this was a general good week of Show Me Your News! Can't wait 'till the next one.
I think you misunderstood what I meant. The Japan-Only character would be in all versions. They are from games only released in Japan.

I think it was a great podcast. I hope everyone enjoyed my viewpoint. Sorry that it was a little rushed. I wrote it in about a half hour. Kind of embarassing hearing my typos read out loud. =P

And Sariku, you did a good job...up until you said Bowser Jr. should be in the game. I would kill Sakurai.

Florida

イーグランツ
One thing I was gonna add in the podcast and forgot to...

...I'm saving Zelda. Totally Zelda.

If any of you cared, lol.
Hah xD
Peach all the way :psycho:
Sariku, I might of got your words mixed up, if so then my bad. It seemed like you said that "Bowser and Baby Bowser were two different characters" and I was just all, o_O.

So yeah. And Youko, such an excellent podcast deserves excellent reviews ;)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
You didn't even listen to the rest... and you tried to review it, thats sad...

And Ridley was fair, but I suppose I just Said some confusing facts.
I was just reviewing the part about Ridley, which was failure. The rest was probably good. Youko is very good at err... podcasting. You and him have funny voices that make me giggle.

Sariku

Smash Master
I just don't get what you meant by saying it Failed. I practically put all the Ridley Thread details combined with Firdays update

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I can't believe nobody's picked up on the Scrubs reference yet...I love Scrubs...:p

Florida

イーグランツ
I can't believe nobody's picked up on the Scrubs reference yet...I love Scrubs...:p
I've seen that show a few times, and I tend to watch it whenever I randomly catch it on television... but ugh, I have no idea what that reference was. I'm going to take a guess and say it was the "now that's what I'm talking about!" voice clip?

Nice Scrubs reference! :rolleyes:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*thumbs up* You got it.

Now, when someone recognizes it for real without just guessing, that'll be awesome. :laugh:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Post #697 has a ripped mp3 link of it...but otherwise I don't know what to tell ya until I talk to the guy who gets the downloads up for me...:\

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I just don't get what you meant by saying it Failed. I practically put all the Ridley Thread details combined with Firdays update
No you didn't. You just mentioned the size argument and that's it. And then you said you'd rather see him as a boss character, but you thought his chances were 50/50. You didn't do your research, and it showed. :(

You could've mentioned his series importance, his potential as a character, his persona, his story, or anything. But you didn't.

That's failure rite thar.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The download should be online within the hour! :)

EDIT: Nvm, not a double post :p

Top Bottom