• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
Geez, a few things to comment on, since I got here late...

First, I TOTALLY got the Chris Turk reference from Scrubs - I actually LOLed (though I hate using that term).

Next, agreed, Zelda all the way. No question.

Finally, great podcast overall. Well presented and the Petey Piranha hating was appreciated. :p I also had a thought on the Metroid boss subject.

I recently read IGN's "History of Metroid" posted on the 24th and they spoil (sorry MP3 fans, I'm mad about it too) on page 3 that
we have to fight Mother Brain in Corruption, doing so for the first time in 12 years
. One can thus go along with the overused but sound logic that there is already a model for that character on the Wii that Brawl could use (as there is also one for Meta-Ridley). So I believe that using
Mother Brain
could save Ridley from filling the boss spot and have him be focused as a playable character. Thoughts anyone?

Here's that article, http://games.ign.com/articles/815/815011p3.html - look at the last line in the paragraph between the two screenshots.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I recently read IGN's "History of Metroid" posted on the 24th and they spoil (sorry MP3 fans, I'm mad about it too) on page 3 that
we have to fight Mother Brain in Corruption, doing so for the first time in 12 years
. One can thus go along with the overused but sound logic that there is already a model for that character on the Wii that Brawl could use (as there is also one for Meta-Ridley). So I believe that using
Mother Brain
could save Ridley from filling the boss spot and have him be focused as a playable character. Thoughts anyone?

Here's that article, http://games.ign.com/articles/815/815011p3.html - look at the last line in the paragraph between the two screenshots.
actually, it was nintendo who revealed this, through the Metroid Prime 3 Preview channel

although, as a boss i can see that working

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hey, I haven't posted here yet, but I wanted to say that I really enjoy the weekly podcast. Great work.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Mother Brain didn't save Ridley. They could've already used Kraid. They had the model from Melee that they could've revamped.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I always chuckle when you say "News" in Show me yo' moves!

What's more awesome than a penguin-thing with a hammer! (Dedede will be at least a cameo!)

Yeah, I know it comes from Capt. Falcon. It just gets kinda high-pitched...

Also, Sariku, I ban you from that mic.!

How long is this one, anyways? like 45 minutes?!
more updates after I listen to more

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...You do realize I say "Show Me Your News" ala Falcon all by myself, right? I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not, so...thanks?

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go ahead and say that "it wasn't as bad as all that, Sariku." I for one enjoyed your segment, and, while I do endorse Ridley as a playable character, I do not hate you for what you had to say.

Also, amazing podcast this week Youko! I thoroughly enjoyed each and every segment, and love your music buff nature and all... anyway, that's my 20 yen.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I was in phyiscal pain listening to you talk about how Go K.K. Rider was "synthesized", Youko.
The rest was nice though, you got a little too opinionated about Petey Piranha for a bit, but that (kinda) wore off.

And as for that brawl viewpoint, I was dissapointed at the menitoning, and not reviewing of Lip (Panel De Pon) and Stafy's (Legend of Stafy) chances in brawl. If you do another, include them, please!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Sariku. <_< Dark Samus does several things that Samus can't even hope to do. From her force field, floating powers and the like. Did you read the Dark Samus thread at all? The thing is, there is plenty they can do to make her different.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Good job again. I really like Sariku's bit this time around. I think it was my favourite "Who's In?!" .

This episode wasn't OUTSTANDING like some of the others imo, but it was still good =] .
Keep it up Youko, everyone loves it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
lucas n' Claus r twins. I think Ness will be in cause he's been (at least his character model has) in 2/3 of the mother games + he has a huge fanbase (outside of smash) + mother hasn't been released here. Lucas is pretty likely though. I think they're will be two mother chars and two items (including the franklin badge). So at most 4 updates (meaning three left). The fact that the franklin badge shown was the same as one packaged with mother 3 makes it more likely that a m3 char will be in.

I knew all the sounds except for mewtwo's throw. Weird noise.

I HATE PETEY TOO!!! WORST CHAR EVA!!!

Good luck at college!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
This is the BEST podcast ever.

Please never stop the podcasts!

[edit] Oh, and YEAAAAH! Im a semi winner! Hahaha, Thanks Youko!

and the "ThatswhatImtalkingbout" clip was very well implemented ;)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What would be neat if they had specific Stories for each character like Petey would be the boss at the end of Kirby's story, and once you have all the characters you get the all star story or something where at the end you face the master hand and crazy hand

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Though I don't think that Dark Samus will be in, but Uchiha's information on her was kinda...very off. =/

(Well I guess the fact that he misinterpreted her importance, or the fact that Dark Samus's abilities are extremely different.)

And bland moveset for Ridley? Where did that come from? Boss fight characters may have more diversity in terms of how they can play, but most of Ridley’s moves could be added in a moveset. >_>

rifton

Smash Cadet
Umm,

*incoming n00b question*

How do you download this podcast. Whenever I click the link a blank window pops up and then nothing.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well, since I'm an idiot and was at my girlfriends house for hours and completely forgot about asking her for her mic, no recording for me this week most likely.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea Sariku you where really off with this weeks who's in maybe you should have done A LOT more research before you made it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
SlackBladder’s in-depth review

And it’s now time for you all (Haven’t) been waiting for, SlackBladder’s in-depth review!
other than that…um.
Yeah.

The Rundown:

Links moves/Yoshi BACON:**** right this is what these updates should be about! Now, last week I was a little dissponted with the cast. Maybe I was cynical, I was humourless, maybe it was that girl they I can’t get out of my head*, or maybe the cast was just a little off.
But I immeditalty took a liking to this one when I heard the “Black”

“NOW THAS’ WHAT AUM TALKIN’ ‘BOUT!” -Lord knows

Hilarious. Oh, and everything you said about Yoshi was cute too. And this is just the start of an awesome cast…

Diddy Kong:: I agree with everything you have said here, as I’m a “Ehh” Didd Kong guy myself, but still feel he needs in. I never thought of a hint to his UP B, but I didn’t[‘t think on it. Shoe in characters? This is interesting ,this chat, and you really help put things in perspective. King DeDeDe…this is a sad and harsh truth, but I feel we can still go for DeDeDe pretty easily. Sonic is in. I think he has been in for a long long time, myself. You’re scaring me with these scary details and “What ifs” Youko! Ridley, I would disagree here…I truly think he will become a boss myself. But you already have that covered later, don’t you? XD

KK Rider:Youko, this is the stuff! I recall asking/hoping you’re next music thing would be more like this. I would love to think I persuaded you to do this style, but alas, that’s just me being sad. I dig the whole idea of a “Mini Youko review” for these music things, and the shtick after is great too. Interestingly, I did here a voice slip here. That’s a new one! The sounds being “midi” annoys me. The whole music of Brawl is disappointing to me…Save for “Menu 1” and this. And I’m Dawn Patrol! Sad. Sad. I’m amazed you fleshed out so much info from this song, and I agree. Midi needs the kick, and live recordings need in. Also, the slick and witty Youko is back for this ep! Loving it.

SubSpace Amry:More Youko humour, which is just what I lap up in these things. The style, and the wit. The “Drop da bomb” joke seemed a little forced, and maybe wooden, but it’s hardly the main thing here…but I have to say, this had me in stiches:

“Ohhh great…Petey-Freakin’-Piranah” – Youko

That’s great, and your rant is…actually still the “Average Smasher” view on the *******!
Wonderfull stuff, and lots of this is very true. Petey sucks. End of story.

Petey:Not much to say on this. It went under the last one more. But Ridley! This is an important issue, and one “Freeman172” flamed me for questioning. Ridley is in danger, and so are Andross (Not anymore) and Ganon…poke’mon is an interesting one, but Mewtwo may have to do. But yes…Ridley is in danger here. He truly is, to me. There is no doubt he is a great possible character, but I feel he is boned, in some ways.
I didn’t know yanks said “Bloody” as an infix swear. Odd.

“Who’s in”

I like you attempts at humour and “lol” here Uchiha, and while not up there with Rowan Atkinson or Charlie Chaplin, it is cute, and chuckle worthy.

Ridley: Nice touch to put this in tie with Corruption. Just quickly, you sounded fake when saying “Err, powersuite”. Now, with your Ridley review, some of it is true, and some is a bit…********. The points are okay, but the slack “Whyyy...not?” is a little off, you should sound more sure with you answers. An AT or boss battle thing is interesting, and I’m surprised you haven’t been shot for saying you would want him being a Boss.
Sonic or Ridley? …I can’t say.

DarkSamus: She better not make it. But most of this stuff is a bit wrong, from what I hear from the fanbois (Yeah, I listen to ‘em sometimes) DS is meant to be very different from her sexy (What?!) sleek bounty hunter counterpart. People have informed me they are highly different in strength, speed, and mind. I think she may end up and AT myself, but an ALT. Costume is a neat idea. But um…Link and Young Link? Just…no man. No.

Bowser JR: Wait, haven’t you done this? Or did you do Baby Bowser?
Ehh, whatever. I don’t care for him being in, and this review seems a little rushed and gimmicky, though you DID lose your shot at Petey here.

Pretty nice all up uchiha, it’s clear your getting more confident and better with your segment, but the thing is…well, SamuraiPanda was better. And he was a one of, with no (To my knowing) previous expeiance. I suggest you listen to Youko and he a bit, and try to emulate what they do. The thing that bites me is your still occasionally to “He don’t know shit” reviews, and the often wooden delivery. But you ARE getting better.
7.2/10 -Cute

Supermashmaster’s BV:

Jesus this scared me.

“Hello, my name is Shaun, or as I am know on the boards, SuperSmashmaster” –Youko/Shuan

Jesus that scared me! I heard the voice and thought “You sound JUST like You-…oh”
We don’t get text-based BV’s much…

Um..what’s there to say? I have no idea who you are talking about! But your points are well laid out, give us the good background info, and rate us these characters I have no idea about.
I have no idea on this one! Just lost in these names and facts on these japan only things!
…Sorry, lulz. Good evaluation though man.
8/10

END COMMENTS AND SCORE

Well, apart from Uchiha’s still occasionally “Eww” section, and me not getting anything from SSM, this was probably the best ep of Show me yet. Great stuff Youko, I think this one MOWED last weeks down! Awesome man! I’ll always be supporting.

My own Props to the winners of the “Guess the sound” comp, and Youko?
GOOD LUCK AT COLLEGE! (I’m holing you to those things you mentioned possible with you being there now XD)

9.3/10

* That's interestingly true. **** things they are. M I RITE >_>

Shuma

Smash Hero
This is the first time i hear the pod cast(Hey Ridley got reviewed :D). Aniway.... Dark Samus Can't i repear Cannot Be a Samus Alt. Costume, why?

Well He(yes He, actually an It, but meh) doesn't have a Charge Attack, or missiles(well, some kind of Super Missile) or the Screw Attack, it doesn't drop bombs, and it doesn't have a grapple beam.

So... No. He doesn't even walk, it floats.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dark Samus is actually a she, not a he or it. ;O

And I forgot to mention, that yes, I would pick Ridley over Sonic. In a heart beat. Though there are no real polls here (Actually I've never seen a poll of that nature here, at least one spanning two series) I've seen Ridley beat out Sonic multiple times when polls on other boards where the people were forced to choose between the two. >_>

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea why isn't there a poll for most wanted character in brawl here anyway?

And actually its and it not a she.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dunno. We have a Pokemon excluzive one....maybe it's because there are so many characters that would need to be added?

And when Retro states that she's a she in the game itself, I don't see how people can argue it. =/

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They may call it a she just because it takes Samus's form but if you know its history you know thats its and... it.

They could just make the poll with the characters on Sakurai's poll.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I am full aware of Dark Samus's origins, and the fact that both components to it were female in nature (Okay, there is no definite answer with MP, but she was birthen those Metroids there) Thus, even if MP was an "it" it added to a she (Apparently is snagged onto Samus's genetics, according to the log scans) and became a true female...of whatever species it is. Plus, even if her origins are suspect, she’s now a she, and it’s officially stated as such! >8U

Wouldn't that still exclude some characters people want? You know like the more recent types like Midna, who didn't get to show up on it. (And in favor of Link's Uncle) =/

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well guess you got me there but Metroid Prime is an it and Dark samus is a she then.

Anyways they would inevitably have to leave some characters out in everything so as long as the main ones get in the poll...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Viewers/Listeners/Etc.:

Don't even respond to this. Yes, it's disgusting. Yes, it's a shame. It's a pity what some people will do to get attention. All you have to do is click on "Report Post" (the red triangle) on the offensive post to get the mods' attention.

There's no need to reply on the thread to this matter, so please don't even bother.

Thanks in advance!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Um... what was that about anyway? im so confused.
I am too. Can we at least know what happened?

And by the way, other than the Dark Samus thing in the Whos in segment leaving a bitter taste in my mouth, I have to say that this music sample really didn't bother me very much. I really enjoyed it, despite the obvious midi-ness.

...wait... Midi...NESS? NESS CONFIRMED!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

=p j/k

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Some 4-chan guy, probably, posted pics under the name of "Adolf Hitler". Really gross stuff. Soooo yeah.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I've been a bit busy, so I haven't checked what people have been saying in the thread here, although I listened to the podcast on Sunday. And I must say, thank you guys for your kind words on my BV last week (Especially BlackAdder; btw I tend to skip through most posts looking for your review, its well done).

I wasn't sure if people would like a BV that was so in-depth and long. Plus, my voice didn't really come out as clear as I was hoping it would. Although I wasn't originally planning to, once I get my mic back (lent it to a friend) I may do another BV. But I don't think it could be as good as my first ^_^''

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Some 4-chan guy, probably, posted pics under the name of "Adolf Hitler". Really gross stuff. Soooo yeah.

OMG i thought i was the only one, Hopefully he should be banned by now

Blackadder

Smash Master
I've been a bit busy, so I haven't checked what people have been saying in the thread here, although I listened to the podcast on Sunday. And I must say, thank you guys for your kind words on my BV last week (Especially BlackAdder; btw I tend to skip through most posts looking for your review, its well done).

I wasn't sure if people would like a BV that was so in-depth and long. Plus, my voice didn't really come out as clear as I was hoping it would. Although I wasn't originally planning to, once I get my mic back (lent it to a friend) I may do another BV. But I don't think it could be as good as my first ^_^''
Awh...shucks. :embarrass
People READ my stuff? Wow. Ftw.

Anyways, I look GREATLY forward to your next possible BV Panda!
Good luck with it.

*Whew*
For some reason I thought I'D done summat.
...dunno why, lulz.

Anyways, mods rock. Woopy.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Nice show =D I have a few comments, however:

* Having guests. The host has got an awesome voice for the podcast, and would be the perfect host for a "roundtable" discussion. It would add a "must listen" element to the podcast, instead of being an audio version of a forum thread.

* Although it's VERY hard to keep talking without looking at notes, I'd love it if there was a show where you didn't read from them - though I guess that sort of format is really only appropriate for a show with guests

Top Bottom